The Hive Queen's Dominion (Hardcore, Extreme MxM, Pathfinder game)

Started by PaleEnchantress, November 15, 2014, 10:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

If you wanted a non sexualized Hybrid Form I found one. If you want a sexy monster Hybrid form I may have those too

Sadly the leopard head really kills it for me. I can deal with monstrous or animal features but a straight up animal head just is a major turn off. The other war around like a human head and torso and lion body is cool.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Kunoichi

Okay, that works extremely well for a hybrid form. ^^ And for the humanoid form, I'll see if I can find a nice, muscular image that has some feline features without going overboard.

The other thing I need to come up with is a name.  I almost want to try calling him Beelzebub, but that feels a bit too punny for my tastes.

PaleEnchantress

Do you have a Y1 Gallary account? I might be able to find studly cat men on there

Kunoichi

I don't, unfortunately.  If you find anything good, feel free to send it my way. ^^

Kunoichi

So, I've got part of a character sheet (the stats are for my hybrid form) completed.  I'm onto equipment now, but there are a few things I need to ask permission on.  First, for my racial choice...

QuoteAlternate Racial Traits

The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.

Clever Cat Catfolk's generally friendly disposition doesn't preclude craftiness. Some of them see social obstacles as games to be played and won. These catfolk receive a +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive checks. This racial trait replaces natural hunter.
    Scent Some catfolk favor a keen sense of smell over sensitive sight. Catfolk with this racial trait gain the scent ability. This racial trait replaces the low-light vision racial trait.

And next, speaking of equipment, being able to transform like I can tends to present a bit of a challenge on that front, particularly in terms of armor.  I do have a solution in mind for that dilemma, but since it runs into the realm of custom magic items, obviously I'll need to run it by you first.

Page 170 of the Magic Item Compendium has the Psychoactive Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor.  Statistically, it's basically Full Plate armor, only it counts as light armor for the purpose of affecting class features and movement, and it's a slotless magic item.

When the Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor was first published in Complete Psionic, however, it took up the body slot and, following the general guidelines for magic item pricing, it only cost half as much as the version in the MIC.  That's the version I'm hoping to purchase and, since it's an item that occupies the body slot, I'm hoping I'll be able to enchant it as armor, as well.

PaleEnchantress

Short Answer to Kunoichi: Yes to everything.

Long Answer to Equipment Question: First of all any normal armor you had would easily fit both human and hybrid forms of your character. Secondly many defensive item like ectoplastic armor, most robes, or bracers of armor can be further enhances with armor crystals, and armor abilities at the same cost as standard armor. That shield ring can work for shield enhancements too. This is just an expansion of a suggested variant rule from way back.

For those who chose to fight without armor at all we are using this variant rule as well. The highest armor source is what you get. So if your character wore no armor and had bracers of armor +1 of fortification. You would have a +8 armor bonus and the fortification property. This is partly due to the erotic nature of the campaign to allow fighting in very little clothing if desired.  One notable difference is Defense bonus is like any armor and does NOT apply to touch attacks unlike what the variant rule says.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/defenseBonus.htm

PaleEnchantress

Kunoichi

Ah, I see.  From the looks of things, I'm guessing that LF's levels in Totemist will get him column B for his defense bonus.  Given that he's only going to be proficient with light armor, he'll probably be able to make better use of the Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor than I could.  Instead, looking over the guidelines on page 235 of the MIC, I think my money will be better spent getting a custom version of Bracers of Armor +1 that takes up the Body slot, and then tossing on alternate bonuses.  Enhancement to Natural Armor and Deflection should be good.

Plus, I can toss on the Glamered property and walk around practically naked without anyone else knowing. :P

Though, since you bring up the Ring of Force Shielding, I note that a custom continuous magic item of Shield would give twice the shield bonus, but at less than half the price.  Would that be allowed?  Perhaps as some special customized Bracers of Shielding, and with further shield enchantments added on top of that?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 17, 2014, 04:19:32 PM

Though, since you bring up the Ring of Force Shielding, I note that a custom continuous magic item of Shield would give twice the shield bonus, but at less than half the price.  Would that be allowed?  Perhaps as some special customized Bracers of Shielding, and with further shield enchantments added on top of that?

Continuous low level spell custom items are not allowed. At least not at the very low pricing they have. No 2,000 gold ioun stones of +4 armor and the like. Custom items are allowed on a case by case basis. In this game wealth will probably exceed expected wealth by character level by quite a bit. I don't want to make it go out of balance exponentially by allowing custom items at a fraction of what they should cost.

Kunoichi

PaleEnchantress

For Eiseth's religion (and through that likely the kingdoms religion) im debating between Lamashtu, Ilsensine, Ardad Li, and Zon-Kuthon and Socothbenoth.

Kunoichi

Well, if we can get another player on here, one of the things I'm planning to do is suggest that they play an Illithid, so I'm rather partial to Ilsensine. :P On the other hand, Socothbenoth and Lamashtu both seem really fitting, given the nature of our ruler.

PaleEnchantress

Ive got a friend who may join, he's thinking of playing an Ostarion Kyton

Kunoichi

An Ostarius Kyton?  Ooh, that could be interesting.  Given that they're CR 5 but have 7 HD, I'm guessing your friend will be taking +2 LA in templates to even that out?

Kunoichi

Sorry to double post. ^^; I just wanted to say that my character is completed.  Andiliat, loyal Catfolk knight of the Queen, and General of the Armies.

I also had a bit of an idea for a secondary or backup character.  A mercenary, loyal enough because he's under contract and being well paid, but not a particularly enthusiastic supporter.  At least at first.  But work in a little charm, a little temptation, some of the pleasures and pains of the flesh, and he could eventually be corrupted into another happy member of the Queen's harem.

Although, the twist is that this character would be a Mind Flayer, and his payment would be in brains, so the combination of aberrant psychology and unusual physiology would make him a bit more difficult to sway than some squishy, weak humanoid...

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 18, 2014, 12:01:21 PM
Sorry to double post. ^^; I just wanted to say that my character is completed.  Andiliat, loyal Catfolk knight of the Queen, and General of the Armies.

I also had a bit of an idea for a secondary or backup character.  A mercenary, loyal enough because he's under contract and being well paid, but not a particularly enthusiastic supporter.  At least at first.  But work in a little charm, a little temptation, some of the pleasures and pains of the flesh, and he could eventually be corrupted into another happy member of the Queen's harem.

Although, the twist is that this character would be a Mind Flayer, and his payment would be in brains, so the combination of aberrant psychology and unusual physiology would make him a bit more difficult to sway than some squishy, weak humanoid...

Interesting concept for a back up character. Your character sheet looks great but your equipment seems a little low in value compared to what you should have. You did  take the 33k for being level 8 (even though your 6 hit dice you still get money as a level 8), yes?

Kunoichi

I did.  The enchanted hammer and the ring of force shield were both rather expensive items. ^^;

Edit: And now I've ditched the Ring, because I realized I could use the guidelines on MIC page 234 and just add a +1 Deflection bonus and a +1 Enhancement bonus to my Natural Armor, and it would be almost as good, but for less than half the price.

So now I've got a +3 Cloak of Resistance, and I suppose my next priority when gameplay starts will be to find a Strength belt...

LisztesFerenc

I haven't forgotten about this thread, just busy with work until Friday.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on November 18, 2014, 05:08:24 PM
  I haven't forgotten about this thread, just busy with work until Friday.

Okay, glad to hear it. I was a bit worried

PaleEnchantress

Our Likely 3rd is a half elf wilder. He didnt want to be anything too exotic.

Kunoichi

That's certainly a fair enough choice.  Eiseth is going to have two magnificent beasts at his command already, after all. ;D

Ah, and I reworked my gear a bit.  I don't have much need for special armor properties at the moment, so I ditched the modified Harness of Armor for a Vestment of Many Styles, from Races of Eberron, and added some additional AC bonuses on top of it.  I had enough money after that to get a Healing Belt with +2 Strength on it, plus a nice cloak that gives me an extradimensional storage space for my weapon.

The actual appearance of all of Andiliat's items except for his lucerne hammer have also been altered a bit to forms that I hope are more pleasing to Eiseth, and I think I'll go a little further and say that they're all crafted from the skin, hair, and bones of various humanoid creatures.  Mechanically, they still function as normal, but in flavor terms, I'd love to say that they meld into the skin when worn, taking the shape of glowing, obviously-magical tattoos and allowing him to be both fully protected and completely naked at the same time.

I'm also working on the character sheet for that Illithid now, more for personal enjoyment than because I think it's likely to be needed.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 18, 2014, 09:57:30 PM
That's certainly a fair enough choice.  Eiseth is going to have two magnificent beasts at his command already, after all. ;D

Ah, and I reworked my gear a bit.  I don't have much need for special armor properties at the moment, so I ditched the modified Harness of Armor for a Vestment of Many Styles, from Races of Eberron, and added some additional AC bonuses on top of it.  I had enough money after that to get a Healing Belt with +2 Strength on it, plus a nice cloak that gives me an extradimensional storage space for my weapon.

The actual appearance of all of Andiliat's items except for his lucerne hammer have also been altered a bit to forms that I hope are more pleasing to Eiseth, and I think I'll go a little further and say that they're all crafted from the skin, hair, and bones of various humanoid creatures.  Mechanically, they still function as normal, but in flavor terms, I'd love to say that they meld into the skin when worn, taking the shape of glowing, obviously-magical tattoos and allowing him to be both fully protected and completely naked at the same time.

I'm also working on the character sheet for that Illithid now, more for personal enjoyment than because I think it's likely to be needed.

All well and good. Don't forget that adding a new property to an already magical item costs more than it would to make a new item. 50% more I think. Whether you do it to the healing best itself or the STR bonus is up to you. For game purposes ill assume you added that to the healing belt itself in case you want to upgrade the STR on that belt you'll only have to pay the normal cost since STR is the 'first" property it has.

Any ideas for our characters shared background?
The quick synopsis of the module is that there is a very resource heavy untamed land several neighboring kingdoms want but could cause war should any of them claim it for themselves. So Brevoy sponsors our expedition to found a new kingdom, one they hope to control. First task is to eliminate the bandit lord known as the Stag Lord.  For anyone that doesn't already know Eiseth, Brevoy would be employing them as an addition to the group. Eiseth ensured he would be chosen for the expedition through his own seductive qualities alone with a sample of blood honey to the aging lords of Brevoy.
Our characters certainly knew each other beforehand.  Your character could know him from when he lived in The First World (the realm of the fey) where he was considered a low ranking noble.

Kunoichi

Page 234 of the MIC has a listing of 'common item effects' that can be added onto existing magic items at no extra cost.  In my case, the Vestment of Many Styles has a +1 Deflection bonus to AC and a +1 Enhancement bonus to Natural Armor added on, and the Healing Belt's +2 Enhancement bonus to Strength is also one of the available options.  It's a good way to save money and get the most out of your equipment slots at higher levels, and is pretty fun to make use of at lower levels, as well.

As for thoughts on a shared background...  Andiliat could have been taken from the Material Plane as a child, perhaps, raised by the Fey while a Changeling child was left behind in his place.  We could say that he was raised among Seelie Court Fey, that when he grew up, he became a sort of Fey Knight, and champion duelist...

Then, while acting as a second for a senior duelist one day, perhaps a 'handsome nobleman' of the opposite court caught his eye, and since he was Chaotic Good and highly impulsive back then, he stepped into the fight and killed the duelist that had been set up opposite him.  Offering to 'make amends' for this rash act, he entered the Unseelie lord's service in replacement of the knight he had killed, with the intention of wooing him.

Of course, I'm sure you can imagine how well this ended up going down...  And I'll leave it up to you, whether he was first turned to his current Lawful Evil alignment by Eiseth's exquisite torments and then infected with entomanothropy, or whether it was the magical disease that ultimately changed his outlook on life. ^^

PaleEnchantress

Thats a perfect backstory. The Seelie are a bunch of racial purists so he probably was being treated a bit like an animal anyway. The Unseelie are more like "More mutations! Lets see what horrors we can create to serve us next!"  So the Seelie said "You're beneath us, little more than an animal, but we must be kind to our lessers. You can be a guardian."  Where the unseelie said "You're beneath us, little more than an animal. That's really useful. You can be a guardian."

A duel over a noble fey's favor is the exact sort of thing that a brash young humanoid could do to impress them. Eiseth for sure. Since he's had your boy for a while that means he's already bred and bled you in the obsidian hive he had in The First World that was destroyed. So you're already massively hung (-2 armor check penalty btw).  The unseelie have quite a few bloodthirsty bitches who style themselves some sort of Nymph Queen that the whole court wanted to get rid of Eiseth before they had another.

*Sings "Which came first the disease or the madness. . . "*  Have to think about which one is richer in plot.

Kunoichi

Hmm...  Since I'm taking a -2 acp for being so well-hung, I don't suppose I could also get a secondary slam attack out of it, could I? :P I'm guessing the answer is no, but I figured I'd ask, since it seems like an amusing modification to add.