News:

Main Menu

UEFA EURO 2012

Started by Nico, June 07, 2012, 12:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jouzinka

Hmmmmm... I have the bad feeling that we'll get a LOT of goals from Poland. We're way too passive and teethless game-wise. :-\
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Izu

So far Poland is doing a lot of mistakes when it comes to attacking and aiming at the goal, while the Czech are crazy fast in their attacks, so I think that unless Petr makes a really dumb mistake, I have a feeling that it will either end even or the Czech will win.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

jouzinka

Well, the game changed from the initial minutes - at first Czechs were more just getting rid of the ball, preferably just to get it as far from the net as possible, but often just to the white-clad players. Now they started to hold the ball more and create the game, so the image of the game has changed a lot. Thankfully. :-)

Izu

Well the Czech need either an even or a win to go ahead. Poland needs a win to go ahead. And Greece just scored against Russia, so it's 1-0 for them... This group is starting to look seriously interesting xD

Beorning

Hm. It looks like our guys are unable to mount a good attack...  >:(

The Czechs have it easier, as they only have to defend the 0:0 to make it to the quarter-finals. We have to actually win this match...

jouzinka

It's never easy to defend a tie, much less a 0:0. I don't think they play it for that. :-)

Izu

Not really... if Greece wins against Russia it can go up to second place, depending on how many goals they will score. So the Czechs can as well be eliminated, depending if they get an even out of this, or win with less goals than the Greek. And if either of those two teams go real crazy and score 3-4 goals in the second halves, Russia might be kicked out as well. xD There is no definite losers so far. Like Sweden and the Netherlands and Ireland for example, who have 0 points so far.

jouzinka

Wait... you mean that we can win two matches out of three and still be out? :o

That does sound interesting. XD

Izu

Yep. Depends on points and goal difference.

Izu

Oops, pardon - if they win, they go. I meant that an even is not 100% sure until the other game ends and depending on whether Greece would win and how many goals.

jouzinka

:-) Still interesting counting. XD

Izu

*nods* This is actually the only group where actually everyone has a chance.

Izu

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!

jouzinka

GOAL, YES! *dances with Izu*

Izu

*giggles and hugs* NOW it's damn interesting!! Czech and Greece can go further xD Russia to fall out if they don't score xD

jouzinka

Well, as far as I am concerned, I like the Greeks way more than Russians. ::)

Izu

Me too! Now they DO need the lift of spirits with tomorrow's (I believe it's tomorrow) elections : X

Rachubka

GREECE IS RUINING MY POOL! :(

Izu

jouzinka

Quote from: Rachubka on June 16, 2012, 03:22:29 PM
My commiserations, Rachubka.

... and Beorning.

Izu

Awww... sorry... But the Czechs definitely ruled the game... As I said - Poland did way too many mistakes in the beginning, they had tons of scoring opportunities, but they just couldn't get the ball at the goal. *pat pat*

Lilias

Quote from: Rachubka on June 16, 2012, 03:22:29 PM

We do our best when faced with impossible odds. Betting against us isn't usually a tactic that pays off. ;)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Rachubka

Auuuuugh. This is so baaaaaad.

I called Czech for second, so that's awesome, but Russia was supposed to be first! Greece was supposed to be last. Haha. :(

For the rest of the pool to go my way...

Germany MUST put Denmark to the sword, and Netherlands has to win big so Netherlands is second!

Spain to win or draw, with Italy matching the result so that it is Spain first, Italy second.

France to win or draw, with England matching the result so that it is France first, England second.

Not that I think anyone here particularly cares, but running through the options makes me more... hopeful. Haha.

Beorning

Quote from: Izu on June 16, 2012, 03:42:50 PM
Awww... sorry... But the Czechs definitely ruled the game... As I said - Poland did way too many mistakes in the beginning, they had tons of scoring opportunities, but they just couldn't get the ball at the goal.

Yeah, that's true. The Polish team just kept losing the ball... I was groaning when watching this match.