Deception II: The Deceptening - Game Thread - Final Round, ready to run!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 21, 2016, 01:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clio

Sorry I've been so silent guys, I've just been scratching my head too. I need to really look at the clues again before I use my badge, because I don't want to waste it. I'm with Remi, though, in thinking that Plague could still be gradual. Plagues can cover a wide variety of diseases, so we can't rule it out.

The chest clue could indicate the plague as well. I really want the last clue before I do anything, but my mind is all over the place with this one.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Mintprincess

Is there anything to say that the order on the time card is any indication of the order of time?  Gradual and prolonged to me seem longer than days.  I mean a prolonged illness could be months which is what radiation does anyway.

Remiel

Agreed, that's why I'm thinking Plague and Surgical Mask.  I don't think Sunshine would have picked two similar items for her clues, though.

Maybe Violins are most often played by young adults...?

Mintprincess

But if it was those two what had relaxation got to do with either?

Remiel

listening to classical music (i.e. Violins) could be relaxing?

I dunno, that's all I got.  Like I said, scratching my head with Nighty's clues.

Mintprincess

Well and maybe playing the violin is relaxing and you use your hands so Fingerprints?

Galactic Druid

Not too give away too much, but you can use the other options on a card as a reference, which is why you get the whole card. Gradual, in this case, likely means it was quicker than a bullet to the head, but didn't go on longer than a day, tops, since there's better choices if it did.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

yugi006

Quote from: Mintprincess on March 30, 2016, 11:19:39 AM
Yeah true.  But what does fit then? Locked room and necklace? Not sure how that fits with relaxation. 

A locked room is usually quiet so it is relaxing. Although if I had to choose I would go for Locked Room and Blood instead cause Blood fits for with chest to me than necklace.

Mintprincess

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 30, 2016, 02:47:53 PM
Not too give away too much, but you can use the other options on a card as a reference, which is why you get the whole card. Gradual, in this case, likely means it was quicker than a bullet to the head, but didn't go on longer than a day, tops, since there's better choices if it did.
so what would you pick on that card for something that takes months? Or years?

Aka this post:

Quote from: Mintprincess on March 30, 2016, 02:35:02 PM
Is there anything to say that the order on the time card is any indication of the order of time?  Gradual and prolonged to me seem longer than days.  I mean a prolonged illness could be months which is what radiation does anyway.

yugi006

Quote from: Mintprincess on March 30, 2016, 03:00:40 PM
so what would you pick on that card for something that takes months? Or years?

Wouldn't you just say unclear then?

mia h

Also radiation would in the same nebulous area as drugs, it would depend on the dose. Litvinenko died after three weeks but greater exposure can be fatal much more quickly.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Madame Professor

Video Game Console is not the Means. It doesn't fit the Cause of Death at all. And Night covered up the Young Adult clue. I think we can safely eliminate that as an option.

Quote from: yugi006 on March 30, 2016, 02:48:14 PM
A locked room is usually quiet so it is relaxing. Although if I had to choose I would go for Locked Room and Blood instead cause Blood fits for with chest to me than necklace.

I don't think I'd say a locked room is relaxing by any stretch of the imagination and blood doesn't fit at all. Blood Stain was an option for the last clue, but Nighty chose Fingerprints instead... No, if it's Remi, I think Nighty was trying to point towards the Necklace. If he had used Dining, I could see Cup. Or if he had used Blood Stain, then sure, we could got for Blood. But looking at he didn't select is just as helpful as what he did.

So right now, I'm leaning between Plague and Violin and Locked Room and Necklace.

Given that he gets to pick which Location the crime takes place, that is our strongest clue. Something to keep in mind at least.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

NightOwl35

Clue #6: The hint on corpse - Head, chest, hand, leg, partial, all over.

The condition of the corpse options are: Still Warm, Stiff, Decayed, Incomplete, Intact, Twisted

The condition of the corpse was: Intact

yugi006

Quote from: Madame Professor on March 30, 2016, 07:04:33 PM
Video Game Console is not the Means. It doesn't fit the Cause of Death at all. And Night covered up the Young Adult clue. I think we can safely eliminate that as an option.

I don't think I'd say a locked room is relaxing by any stretch of the imagination and blood doesn't fit at all. Blood Stain was an option for the last clue, but Nighty chose Fingerprints instead... No, if it's Remi, I think Nighty was trying to point towards the Necklace. If he had used Dining, I could see Cup. Or if he had used Blood Stain, then sure, we could got for Blood. But looking at he didn't select is just as helpful as what he did.

So right now, I'm leaning between Plague and Violin and Locked Room and Necklace.

Given that he gets to pick which Location the crime takes place, that is our strongest clue. Something to keep in mind at least.

I was think more like blood packets or something used for transfusions or something. I wasn't thinking like blood stains on the body or anything.

Now that chest is covered up that throws my theory as well as necklace out. 

Would plague fit better with Decayed? I'm not sure if Intact and plague go together.

Remiel

Madame Professor's right.  With the location clue, the Forensic Scientist has about 20 locations to pick from, so Night must have felt pretty strongly about the Hospital.  Also, the first two clues are almost always in reference to the means of murder, so I'm almost certain that our murder weapon is Plague.

The only question is which of Sunshine's evidence cards Night was trying to point us to...

yugi006

Violin seems like the only option at this point since no other clue fits with the whole relaxation clue. I'll go for it but if that fails I don't know what else works.

My official guess:

Sunshine's Plague and Violin.

Galactic Druid

Incorrect, I fear! Also, Night's last clue started the countdown! About 24 hours left!

Mintprincess

You guys might as well make your guesses with the timer.   :/

Ugh. I have no more ideas than the ones we already had

mia h

Beyond someone else giving a roll of the dice on Minty's notebook & radiation combo I have nothing.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Mintprincess

MP also liked locked room and necklace but with chest crossed out I don't really think that's it. 

:(

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Galactic Druid

Madame Professor

So basically, our prime suspects... and Christa. :/ This does not bode well for us...
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mintprincess

Nope.  But even if I had a guess I still don't even know. I liked the ones I made :(