Marooned [Fantasy/Survival, M for F]

Started by Zeal, September 23, 2017, 07:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeal

The premise:

Your character is traveling on a sailing vessel through sparsely populated tropical waters.  She may be a high-status woman journeying to a not particularly welcome betrothal, a handmaid or lady-in-waiting to the same, a low-status maid or serving girl--any station in life, but traveler rather than crew, and used to the sheltering conveniences of her native civilization.

My character might be a bodyguard of a high-status character, or simply a fellow traveler of a mid- or low-status character: a powerfully built, intimidatingly foreign figure who is also not a part of the journey, but along for the cruise.

The ship encounters insurmountable hazards and sinks--maybe pirates, but probably just a storm.  Our characters wash up alone on a fertile but uninhabited tropical island, with very little more than what clothes remain on their backs.  They must work together to establish shelter, food and water, and eventually a way off the island.  All the while, primitive conditions and close proximity wear away whatever mores your character's society adheres to, giving way to passionate indulgence in the absolute privacy of an almost uninhabited island.

Looking for female writing partners interested in a survival story.  Flexible on the state of the wider setting, but prefer fantasy, bronze age through early modern.  My ons/offs can be found on my Preferences page.