News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Superfecta Complex - Recruiting Thread

Started by Outlier, February 20, 2012, 03:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outlier

The Superfecta Complex

New Applicants|Approved Profiles|OOC
Atrion Central/Downtown|Eastside/Industrial|Riverside/Uptown

Cops and Robbers (v2)
On the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Uzekil Crisis, there is talk of new beginnings in the city of Atrion around the time that they celebrate the very original beginning of city with a three-month long centennial celebration. All seems to be going well for the city as the Police Department reports that there is a dropping of crime rates across the board.

Well that is how it was before the disappearances started to occur with people literally seeming to vanish without any real culprit. The questions of why and who, plague this city that was so prosperous just mere weeks ago.

Start date: 3/5/12
End date: TBA

__Need at least 2 more APD officers powered and nonpowered
__Need civilian characters (possibly will be kidnapped)

About the game
Hello and welcome to The Superfecta Complex's recruitment thread! This game is created by Outlier aka Li with help from Qt, HairyHeretic, and Swordsman18. Special thanks to the Mumble community for listening to late night rambles and Chrystal for helping me keep faith. Thank you all.

This game is designed to be a plot-intensive roleplay with the feel of a detective mystery more than a superhero brawler. There is a great deal of backstory to discover through in-character exploration. This backstory will provide clues to solving the current story arc, Cops and Robbers, as well as give way to future story arcs. As thought out as this game is the game is also designed to be player driven. There is room for subplots created by the players and these add-ons are welcomed. If all goes well in the near-future players will be able to submit full fledged story arcs to be voted on by the group to see where The Superfecta Complex goes next.

Cops and Robbers focuses on three main groups: the APD, the Civilians, and the Kidnappers. The APD can be comprise of normal humans and powered individuals as well as the civilians group. For now kidnappers are not open to be played. As with any detective story time will also play a key role in the story. The default will be 1 week IRL = 12 hours though this ratio is subject for change.

Please take a look at the guidelines below and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

As always happy gaming,
Li

FAQ's
None yet!

Outlier

General Guidelines
1. The GMs are Qt and Outlier. Those players who go inactive without warning for 2 months will forfeit their characters to the GMs for maniacal purposes. GMs may also temporarily puppeteer characters as part of a GM Post (i.e. saying the van arrived safely at its destination).

2. El diablo está en los detalles. (Translation: The devil is in the details.) Three words can be more important than three paragraphs. There is no maximum post size so use your best judgment. At the same time you are asked to provide at least 5 sentences or more; enough to give your partners something to work with. Oh and one more thing, do watch out for Russians, trees, and fish.

3. Communication is a good thing. Have a question? Ask. Have a concern? Bring it to someone's attention. If you are busy, lacking your muse, or needing to go slay a fiendish fellow let us know too!

4. Keep within the rating. This game is rated up to Non-Consensual Exotic. Extremely graphic scenes must be glossed over and/or time skipped. Characters can have families, however, remember to keep things Elliquiy appropriate. Also note that a character's death should not occur during sex as to stay within the rating. Permission must be granted before a player's character may kill another player's character in-game. Keep in mind you have the right to refuse to play your character in a situation that makes you uncomfortable.

5. Canon universes and us. Characters may be inspired by other characters such as Batman, Nemora, etc, but no character may actually be those characters. They're still "just comics" to us.

6. Use the posting label at the top of your in-character posts. For sanity's sake, especially if you plan on playing multiple characters, please use the following format and try to link posts that head off to other threads.

Label Code
[b]Character:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b] Try to be specific when posible
[b]Tagged:[/b] Who you are responding to
[hr]

text

[hr]
[url=url of specific post]Continued from/to[/url] If this applies to your post.

Character Creation Guidelines
1. Here are some (hopefully) useful links:
__Long list of abilities and examples if you happen to get stuck thinking up a power. (Note: Not all powers on list will be allowed in TSC.)
__List of psychic abilities (Note: See  note above.)
__(WiP) Superhero Database
__Wikipedia's Superhero page, just for fun.
__Words of sage advice…

2. Off limit powers. Will be updated as more are discovered.
__Time travel
__Time manipulation
__Complete indestructibility/invulnerability
__Strong probability manipulation
__Strong mind control
__Strong possession
__Omnipresence (GMs don't like sharing their fly zone)

3. Life as an NPC. Mom-player characters (NPCs) are distinguished from player characters (PCs) by their role in the game. Not all NPCs need profiles and although most are supporting characters many can still be important to the story. Please do not abuse the NPCs as red shirts have feelings too.

4. Playable races:
__Sapiens: Non-powered, run of the mill humans.
__Magi: A small subspecies of Homo sapiens born with an innate affinity for magic.
__Superior: Another subspecies of Homo sapiens this time encompassing those with superhuman powers. Often called "mutants" or "metahumans" in modern times.
__Hybrid: Often times mixed with human blood, these individuals are the offspring of crossbreeding who typically draw their powers from their inhuman genes.
__Mermanus: Aquatic humanoids who are just as diverse as their air-breathing cousins. All mermanus require water to live.

__Extraterrestrial: Any individual not from the planet Earth or its related realms. Approved on a case-by-case basis.
__Divine: Those not of the profane/mortal realm such as hell-born demons and ethereal spirits. Approved on a case-by-case basis.

Don't see something? Just ask!

5. Keep the number of characters you play in check. This includes the number of NPCs you lay claim to as well. Having a large family is one thing, having an entire population of a city district as your NPCs is another.

6.Approved profiles go here, new applications go here.

Power Rating System
The United States first developed the TALCONs or Threat Assessment Level Conditions during World War II when metahumans were deployed as soldiers on both sides. The scale has been redefined several times since it's creation. The latest system takes into account how an individual human's knowledge impacts how much of a threat they are to national, and global, security. Metahumans can move up and down in TALCON levels although rarely is a metahuman downgraded. Currently within the United States legislation mandates all those deemed TALCON 3 or higher be registered on a national database. Since 1992, it has become mandatory to screen children at birth and then at 16 for mutations. All extraterrestrials must have visas issued by the United States just like all other foreign nationals. The current TALCON system is defined as followed:

Level|Codename|% of pop.|Description
TALCON 5|Delta|90%|The least severe of all levels, metahumans of this category are considered to be nuisances rather than major threats.
TALCON 4|Gamma|9.5%|Dangerous only in large mobs otherwise can be easily subdued by trained personnel.
TALCON 3|Beta|3%|Knowledge and/or powers equate to a sizable threat. Approach with caution. Registry required.
TALCON 2|Alpha|0.2%|Knowledge and/or powers equate to a severe threat. Approach with extreme caution. Registry required.
TALCON 1|Omega|N/A|One-man-doomsday-machine. Highly dangerous, must be eliminated/contained immediately upon discovery.

Powered Characters' Profile
Code
[size=12pt][b][i]Full Name[/i][/b][/size]
[hr]
[b]Played By:[/b]

[b]Aliases:[/b] If applicable list commonly used alternative names. The name of this can be changed to "Code Name" or "Nickname" if more suiting.
[b]Level:[/b] See TALCON chart.
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Quote:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Inspiring song(s):[/b] [i]Song title[/i], by Band (Optional)
[b]Inspiring image(s):[/b] [url=url here] Title [/url] (Optional. This is where images of what your character looks like go.)

[b][u]Physical Details[/u][/b]
[i]__Age/D.O.B.:[/i]
[i]__Height:[/i] metric (imperial)
[i]__Weight:[/i] metric (imperial)
[i]__Build:[/i]
[i]__Skin color:[/i]
[i]__Eye color:[/i]
[i]__Hair color:[/i]
[i]__Clothing:[/i] Be sure to include what their alterego appearance may look like if they use a costume.

[b][u]Personality[/u][/b]
Description here.

[b][u]Skills[/u][/b]
[i]__Skill:[/i] Description. Skills are non-power related abilities like being a trained martial artist or skilled diplomat.

[b][u]Powers[/u][/b]
[i]__Power:[/i] Description.

[b][u]Weaknesses[/u][/b]
[i]__Weakness:[/i] Weaknesses can include non-power based weaknesses.

[spoiler=Background Details]

[b][u]Relations[/u][/b]
[i]__Family/Friend/etc:[/i]
Name [Age/Gender]: Brief description.

[b][u]Brief History[/u][/b]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Creator's Notes]

Any other additional notes you want to share such as where you got inspiration, favorite color, etc. This will also be where your revision history goes.

[/spoiler]

Nonpowered Characters' Profile
Code

[hr]
[b]Played By:[/b]

[b]Aliases:[/b] If applicable list commonly used alternative names. The name of this can be changed to "Code Name" or "Nickname" if more suiting.
[b]Quote:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Inspiring song(s):[/b] [i] [i]Song title[/i], by Band (Optional)
[b]Inspiring images:[/b] [url=url here] Title [/url] (Optional. This is where images of what your character looks like go.)

[b]Physical Details[/b]

[i]__Appearance:[/i]
Even if you have an image of your character, please give a written description. Be sure to include what their alterego appearance may look like if they use a costume.

[b]Personality:[/b]
Description here.

[spoiler=Abilities and Faults]

[b]Skills:[/b]
[i]__Skill:[/i] Description. Skills are non-power related abilities like being a trained martial artist or skilled diplomat.

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[i]__Weakness:[/i] Description, can be a serious vice or physical limitation.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Background Details]

[b]Relations:[/b][/color]
[i]__Family/Friend/etc:[/i]

[b]Brief History:[/b]

[/spoiler]

Any other additional notes you want to share such as where you got inspiration, favorite color, etc. This will also be where your revision history goes.

[/spoiler]

NPCs' Profile
Code

[hr]
[b]Played By:[/b] If open for anyone to play write "Public"

[b]Level:[/b] See TALCON chart.

[b]Physical Details[/b]

[i]__Appearance:[/i]
Even if you have an image of your character, please give a written description. Be sure to include what their alterego appearance may look like if they use a costume.

[b]Personality:[/b]
Description here.

[b]Skills:[/b]

[b]Powers:[/b]
[i]__Power:[/i] Description.

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[i]__Weakness:[/i] Weaknesses can include non-power based weaknesses.

[b]Brief History:[/b]

[/spoiler]

Outlier

Snagging this post too in case I need to update... *sets out tray of cookies*

Kevben Battleheart

Hmmmm, sounds interesting...consider me as one of the APD.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Outlier

Quote from: Kevben Battleheart on February 20, 2012, 01:54:05 PM
Hmmmm, sounds interesting...consider me as one of the APD.

Awesome! If you've got any question lemme know.

Outlier

Okay silly me. THIS might be REALLY helpful for the players to have before we start. Please excuse how messy it is now, but below is some information on Atrion, IAP, and Metropolis. Sorry about that...

Central/Downtown
The Central and Downtown districts are home to the city's government, financial, and commercial headquarters. Dotted throughout the districts are pricey condos, tiny apartments, and all the comforts of a jammed-pack-always-on-the-go urban jungle. Life in Central Atrion is the busiest of all 6 districts. To add to the organized chaos of city life, Atrion has been flooded with tourists as the Centennial Festival begins. Each month for three months city official plan to unveil finished projects ending on the city's official birthday. The first project to be unveiled is the Downey-Jones Entertainment Complex in Central Atrion. The entertainment complex houses state of the art facilities geared towards drawing in a wide range of performers.

Crime rate: Moderate
Residential: Middle to upper class
Commercial: High

Notable Locations:
__Atrion Police Department Headquarters (Downtown)
__Atrion City Hall (Downtown)
__Atrion Public Library Headquarters (Downtown)
__
__Downey-Jones Entertainment Complex (Central)
__Clayton Industries, Inc. Atrion HQ (Central)
Brief History of Atrion
When compared to their younger neighbor Metropolis, Atrion seems to be a complete distopia. In the wake of the 1992 Uzekil Crisis racial tensions peaked violently throughout the city. Waters cooled in the late 1990's, however, there is no IAP branch in Atrion. Official statements indicate that due to Atrion's close proximity to Metropolis an IAP Atrion Branch is unnecessary.

Atrion gained its official city status in 1917 and has grown into a large urban center since. The averate crime rate stays around a moderate level fluctuation naturally between districts. The city is divided into 6 official districts each with their own subdistricts. The are Uptown, Central/Atrion Proper, Downtown, Riverside, Eastside, and Industrial.
Eastside/Industrial
Eastside is hands down the more desolate part of Atrion. Situated along the eastern bank of Callaway River across from Riderside it has become home to many of Atrion's ghosts. The police do not have a strong presence on the east side of the river in either the Industrial, policed by private security companies, or Eastside, ruled by their own brand of justice. Those who are unfortunate enough to have visible/deforming mutations find sanctuary in Eastside thanks to the attitude of the denizens. "No Questions Asked" is a common sign to see hanging from shop windows. It should come to no surprise then that Eastside plays host to a booming black market. The Truce Zone refers to almost all of Eastside and the older parts of the neighboring Industrial district. There are many codenames that refer to specific trades and places of business. Mermanians are the known for being the best smugglers able to move cargo along the Callaway River either to the Pacific Ocean to the Northwest or Glass Sea Lake to the Southeast.

Despite the illegal nature of the Truce Zone's trade, there is a strong honor system in place. The community is often compared to one giant gun standoff between factions. The associated joke is that your rivals are the only ones to send a card on your birthday besides your mother. However true, it is certainly safe to say the shady community is closely knit. Exotic pets is an acceptable trade while the trafficking of higher sentient lifeforms (humans, aliens, etc) will immediately ostracize a trader from the protection of the community.

Crime rate: Moderate-High
Residential: Middle to low class
Commercial: Moderate

Notable Locations:
__Truce Zone
__Docks
__Styx (Eastside/Truce Zone)
__The Clinic (Eastside/Truce Zone)
__Bob's Delicatessen/Undertow Nation Base (Eastside/Truce Zone)
Undertow Nation
An underground group originally started by two brothers during the racial riots of the 90's. Their purpose is to promote racial equality and raise awareness of issues they feel need attention. Often times they take a humorous stance with their antics;the "Maneating Manwhich" campaign is still one of their most infamous joke-PSA style projects. The group's influence is primarily limited to the region around Atrion (including Metropolis). They use fliers, radio, and the internet to communicate with the masses. Tin Man and Nox are the "figureheads" so to speak and are in charge of the radio shows.
The Clinic
The Clinic, often referred to as "Sung and Cae" (pronounced: Song and Sea) by locals, is one of the more reputable places that offers medical assistance. Run by Doctor Tao Sung and Mermanian shaman Caeculi-Al, the Clinic employs a total of 10 people. They deal strictly in cash and generally do not asked for more details than needed to treat a patient. Doctor Sung usually works the night shift and is known for doing free check-ups for the poor. Cae, however, is known as being a sour-tempered merman of the Arodon Tribe. Most who visit the Clinic will fall under the shaman's care. Cae's skill with healing magic makes up for his lack of bedside manners, especially with humans.

Metropolis Branch
The IAP Metropolis Branch stands as a monument to all those lost during the Uzekil Crisis and the milestones in metahuman advancement. The building houses residents, offices, laboratories, training facilities, an extensive archive, tactical command center, kitchens, dining halls, medical facilities, laundry services, armory, gift shop, and underground detention facilities. The building is designed to withstand attack making it also a shelter in an emergency. Many recruits to the IAP are trained at the Metropolis Branch.

The IAP has a collection of official uniforms each marked with the group's insignia on the left-hand side of the chest. While considered optional for most occasions, members tend to wear uniforms as a means of quick identification and protection; all uniforms are tailored for the individual wearer. A standard uniform is resistant to a wide range of damage including fire and tearing. The official IAP colors are blue, black, white, and silver. These colors also play a role in identifying an individual's position within the IAP. Uniforms are often a combination of colors with the primary color being indicator of which general department.

Department:
__Blue: Research and Medical
__Black: Combat and Investigations
__White: Recruits
__Silver: Administration and Intelligence

The current director of the Metropolis Branch is Anthony Noel. The IAP is currently preparing for their 25th birthday and anniversary of the Uzekil Crisis.
Brief History of Metropolis and the IAP
Founded in 1955 based on designs from Project Ourobourus, Metropolis was always invisioned to be the city of tomorrow. The League of Heroes was founded in 1957 making their home in Metropolis. Captain Legion, first leader of the League, and Doctor Henrik Schaal, director of Project Ourobourus, are credited with their extensive work with the Civil Rights leaders and organizing the Metahuman and Extraterrestrial Rights Movement during the 1960's. The League and Doctor Schaal are also celebrated for the progress in advancing Human-Mermanus relations. After Doctor Schaal's death in 1967, the League officially took up stewardship of Metropolis. In honor of the life's work of Doctor Schaal the League of Heroes immediately began construction on Hydropolis; Doctor Schaal had been working on completing the blueprints for this underwater city at the time of his death. Hydropolis was officially completed in 1974 with the induction of the first 10 mermanus to the League of Heroes.

In 1992, Uzekil destroyed the original League of Heroes Headquarters as part of a series of events later called the Uzekil Crisis. The Uzekil Crisis brought the world's leading nations together to discuss growing metahuman tensions. Meanwhile surviving members of the League of Heroes united with the remains of international groups to form The International Alliance of Peacekeepers. The newly formed IAP made their debut before the United Nations announcing their aims and intent to relocate their main headquarters is an island in the Atlantic as to remain independent of any sovereign nation. The IAP first met resistance as many across the globe feared a second Uzekil Crisis. The IAP inherited stewardship of Metropolis and its subcity Hydropolis and were allowed to rebuild the city. The Metropolis Branch of the IAP stands where the original League of Heroes once stood. The city and branch hold much prestige being valued for their historical importance to the world.

Swordsman18

Iniquitous

Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Swordsman18

Adam Roanoke

Played By: Swordman18

Aliases: The Old Man, Jack of All Trades, Medicine Man
Level: 2 - Alpha
Occupation: Police Consultant, Private Investigator, Underground Part-time Medic/Surgeon
Inspiring image(s): http://josephgordonlevitt.org/photos/albums/photoshoots/set77/normal_set77_13.JPG

Physical Details
__Age/D.O.B.: 1987
__Height: metric (imperial) 180.34 cm
__Weight: metric (imperial) 63.5 kg
__Build: Athletic
__Skin color: Caucasian
__Eye color: Brown
__Hair color: Dark brown, nearly black
__Clothing: He is the kind of guy to wear suits to near all occasions however most of the time unless he knows it is bound to be a formal setting he wears comfortable shoes such as black converse and other such things.

Personality
A very confident, and sometimes arrogant person due to his memory and the memories of all his ancestors, knowing every mistake and success that they ever made so he too tries his best to improve upon them.

A survivalist, he is not the type to ever put himself in a situation that is definitely fatal for he believes that knowledge is valuable and he is not going to lose the chance to spread the knowledge that he possesses.

A womanizer, his goal with his abilities is to spread his offspring as far and as wide as he can. Having hundreds of years of practice in memory to the finest detail is quite useful in this aspect.

Skills
__Skill:

Jack of all Trades but a master of some: Due to his rather long history of memory he has acquisition of most skills, though some he does not have fully developed.

Powers

Genetic Memory – All of the memories from his parents all the back to  around the development of higher cognitive functions run in his head.

Perfect Memory – In order to keep it all in his head, he has all of his memories in perfect recall as well as all of those of his ancestors. It was a mutation to back up his first mutation or else he would go insane with losing the context of his own identity and blending with the identities of countless people in his bloodlines.

Weaknesses

Humanity – He is human in all forms of the word, he can bleed, get sick and all of those things associated with being human.

Knowing too much – He is always watched for the fact that he knows a lot of the histories of important people and their families. This means that he needs to not reveal anything to anyone about what he knows about people of importance unless it is absolutely necessary.

Strong Family Ties – He has a strong connection to his sister Jane and his parents as well as anyone that reveals themselves to him as having his ability or being a part of his bloodline. This is due to his strong resolve to maintain the knowledge present in his ability.

Background Details

Relations
__Family/Friend/etc: Jane Roanoake, his sister. Amanda Terrance, part time lover.

Brief History

Adam was born a normal child to parents who all knew what he was going to develop into when he hit puberty. His mother was the one that had the ability between the two of his parents so she knew what the experience was going to be like when all of those memories started to rush in. But before then, he was a normal child, simply living without worry, though he was smarter than the other child since when he would see something he would never forget it. He won all kinds of spelling bees and excelled at IQ tests with most doctors and teachers declaring him a kind of genius of sorts.

When he got to his teens years and before the manifestation of his abilities, he was a rebel from academia. Instead he went through the more physical side of life, playing baseball, basketball, and hockey. Adam was actually challenged here while he continued to breeze through school.

His power manifested in the middle of a hockey game when he was slammed up against a glass wall, a fight broke out between him and the kid that slammed him and he used skills from ancestor Brutus that had been a street brawler, allowing him to literally knock out the kid before he realized what he did.

After that day, school was no longer an issue with him, he skipped from his Sophomore year all the way to graduation with all of the knowledge that kept coming into his mind until he had his complete genetic memory. From there he went to college quickly followed by med school where he went the path of being a pathologist since it was one path that was not covered by anyone else in his bloodline.

From there he then joined with the Police as a coroner for a long while, he had been registered since he was a teen so they accepted him in that position for his particular expertise. But soon the office of death got a little too monotonous for a person that needed to be collecting things that needed to be passed down. So he relegated himself to the job of consultant and taking private investigator cases.

Outlier

Hi Swords, glad to see you but I do have a few notes. (Dun dun dun!)

Notes
Formatting. Not too big of an issue since you don't really have an example to go off of at the moment. I took the liberty to fix a few things though I need you to plug in some info like the exact date of birth. If you would provide the name and ages of the parents as well that would be awesome (and note if they are dead if they are).

Quote from: Swordsman18 on February 22, 2012, 01:43:50 AM
Adam Roanoke

Played By: Swordman18

Aliases: The Old Man, Jack of All Trades, Medicine Man
Level: 2 - Alpha
Occupation: Police Consultant, Private Investigator, Underground Part-time Medic/Surgeon
Inspiring image(s): Adam

Physical Details
__Age/D.O.B.: 30/ Month day, 1987
__Height: 180.34 cm (5'11)
__Weight: 63.5 kg (140 lbs)
__Build: Athletic
__Skin color: Caucasian
__Hair color: Dark brown, nearly black
__Clothing: He is the kind of guy to wear suits to near all occasions however most of the time unless he knows it is bound to be a formal setting he wears comfortable shoes such as black converse and other such things.

Personality
A very confident, and sometimes arrogant person due to his memory and the memories of all his ancestors, knowing every mistake and success that they ever made so he too tries his best to improve upon them.

A survivalist, he is not the type to ever put himself in a situation that is definitely fatal for he believes that knowledge is valuable and he is not going to lose the chance to spread the knowledge that he possesses.

A womanizer, his goal with his abilities is to spread his offspring as far and as wide as he can. Having hundreds of years of practice in memory to the finest detail is quite useful in this aspect.

Skills
__Jack of All Trades: But a master of some. Due to his rather long history of memory he has acquisition of most skills, though some he does not have fully developed.

Powers
__Genetic Memory: All of the memories from his parents all the back to  around the development of higher cognitive functions run in his head.
__Perfect Memory: In order to keep it all in his head, he has all of his memories in perfect recall as well as all of those of his ancestors. It was a mutation to back up his first mutation or else he would go insane with losing the context of his own identity and blending with the identities of countless people in his bloodlines.

Weaknesses
__Humanity: He is human in all forms of the word, he can bleed, get sick and all of those things associated with being human.
__Knowing too much: He is always watched for the fact that he knows a lot of the histories of important people and their families. This means that he needs to not reveal anything to anyone about what he knows about people of importance unless it is absolutely necessary.
__Strong Family Ties: He has a strong connection to his sister Jane and his parents as well as anyone that reveals themselves to him as having his ability or being a part of his bloodline. This is due to his strong resolve to maintain the knowledge present in his ability.

Background Details

Relations
__Family:
Dad's name [Age/M]: His dad.
Mom's name [Age/F]: His mom.
Jane Roanoake [Age/F]: His sister.

__Friend:
Amanda Terrance [Age/F]: Adam's part time lover.

Brief History

Adam was born a normal child to parents who all knew what he was going to develop into when he hit puberty. His mother was the one that had the ability between the two of his parents so she knew what the experience was going to be like when all of those memories started to rush in. But before then, he was a normal child, simply living without worry, though he was smarter than the other child since when he would see something he would never forget it. He won all kinds of spelling bees and excelled at IQ tests with most doctors and teachers declaring him a kind of genius of sorts.

When he got to his teens years and before the manifestation of his abilities, he was a rebel from academia. Instead he went through the more physical side of life, playing baseball, basketball, and hockey. Adam was actually challenged here while he continued to breeze through school.

His power manifested in the middle of a hockey game when he was slammed up against a glass wall, a fight broke out between him and the kid that slammed him and he used skills from ancestor Brutus that had been a street brawler, allowing him to literally knock out the kid before he realized what he did.

After that day, school was no longer an issue with him, he skipped from his Sophomore year all the way to graduation with all of the knowledge that kept coming into his mind until he had his complete genetic memory. From there he went to college quickly followed by med school where he went the path of being a pathologist since it was one path that was not covered by anyone else in his bloodline.

From there he then joined with the Police as a coroner for a long while, he had been registered since he was a teen so they accepted him in that position for his particular expertise. But soon the office of death got a little too monotonous for a person that needed to be collecting things that needed to be passed down. So he relegated himself to the job of consultant and taking private investigator cases.

Creator's Notes

Outlier

Here is my character's profile to look at. In the interest of being fair if anyone sees any issues please let me know. A second set of eyes can catch what mine don't anymore.

Arlene Gordon

Played By: Outlier

Aliases: Tesla, Tes
Level: 4
Inspiring song(s): Land of Confusion, by Disturbed
Inspiring image(s): Playing guitar, close up

Physical Details
__Age/D.O.B.: 25/ October 7, 1992
__Height: 172.5 cm (5'8")
__Weight: 64.8 kg (143 lb)
__Build: Works out, has a solid frame, and curvy hips and thighs.
__Skin color: Light brown
__Eye color: Chocolate brown
__Hair color: Black
__Clothing: Wears a lot of jackets, long sleeves, and long pants. Her thick dreadlocks are usually worn wild and loose. When she visits her father she wears nicer clothes. Otherwise, she is in whatever happens to be cleanest that day or doesn't have a hole in an inconvenient place. Her own personal style is very basic most days. Even when bartending she rarely wears jewelry. At most she will have on an analogue watch.

Personality
Tesla has done a lot of growing up in the past few years. She is a hard worker with a serious distrust for authority and outsiders. There is also a personal issue with the famed and highly honored Doctor Henrik Schaal; an issue she does not usually elaborate on, but certainly is a sour point for her. This issued with Doctor Schaal extends to those things closely associated with him as well such as the International Alliance of Peacekeepers and Metropolis. Her reputation on the street is that of a solid, trustworthy person who has earned the right to walk freely and without fear anywhere along the east side of the river. Her long history with the police in her younger years makes her not as confrontational with them unlike most denizens of the Eastside; doesn't mean she is happy to see them show up, but she will do her best to show some respect to them. Tesla is often tapped to play a mediator since she has no personal financial stake in the trade that goes on in the shady markets. As for her family her relationship with her brother is very strained. Her father and sister-in-law are more tolerant of her chosen lifestyle and she spoils her niece and two nephews whenever she can. Her powers make her careful of what she touches and she is partial to antiques. A quirk related to her powers is how she will sometimes refer to electronics as if they have personalities of their own, because to her they all do. Every electronic tells a story, especially if you are an urban legends guru like Tesla is. Overall her moral compass may not point due North, but Arlene does have a conscience.

Skills
__Leadership: From teenage screw up to unofficial ambassador in the Undercity. She is not the perfect leader, but having to be responsible for others has brought out the diplomat in her.
__Hacking: Mostly related to her powers.
__Streetfighter: Not the best, but knows how to put up a good fight. She fights dirty using any and everything she can to defend herself if need be.
__Tailor: Tesla knows how to sew including how to make basic repairs and alterations to garments. An old fashion skill with wondrous benefits.
__Guitarist: Owns a trusty six string guitar that has seen better days. Plays it often on the street and sometimes at Styx.

Powers
__Technopath: A natural mutation that has allowed for Tesla to commune with electronics as easily as a telepath can commune with the human mind. This power allows her to be able to break past many security systems with contact. Remote access is only easy for her if she is "familiar" with the electronic.
__Techno Awareness: Linked closely with her technopathy this ability allows for detection of electronics around her.

Weaknesses
__Hypersensitive: Her particular branch of technopathy can run amok if left unchecked. Electronics want to have power and complete their functions. By reaching out to Tesla they get that chance. Because of this Tesla can be easily overwhelmed by too many electronics wanting into her mind at once.
__Migraines: Might not seem like a weakness, but put a sensitive technopath in a mega electronics store for 24 hours and she might as well be a vegetable at the end. Migraines come after too much time has been spent shutting electronics out or trying to hack a security system with her powers.

Background Details

Relations
__Parents:
Thomas Gordon I [56/M]: Thomas suffers from a case of aggressive Alzheimer's disease, but in his prime he was a gifted tailor. However it should be noted that Thomas is not a metahuman nor is any member of his family. He is currently living in the Ruzzier Memorial Assisted Living Home.
Joyce Dennis [Would be 52/F]: Joyce died from cancer fifteen years ago. She did not inherit any powers from her parents.

__Sibling & Family:
Thomas Gordon Jr. [31/M]: Arlene's older brother. He is a financial accountant for a legal firm in Central Atrion. He sees his sister as being too irresponsible still and does not think highly of her "friends".
Shannon Gordon (nee Holmes) [33/F]: She and Thomas married young. Shannon has always been the lively, compassionate one as her husband has a tendency to be serious. She is a registered nurse currently working at Ruzzier Memorial. She keeps an eye on her father-in-law.

Shane Gordon [8/M]: Twin to Derrick. He plays soccer with his brother.
Derrick Gordon [8/M]: Twin to Shane. He plays soccer with his brother. Often switches jerseys because the two look identical and they want to see how long until someone notices.
Jasmine Gordon [5/M]: Thinks Arlene is the world's greatest aunt. Your average happy go lucky little girl.

__Friends:
Robert Liers [39/M]: A veteran who has become a ldeader of a small group of ragtags down in the Undercity. He and Tesla have known each other for years and is her closest friend. He and his people mainly stay in the Undercity, specifically the "Castle" as it is safe.
Markus Schultz [40/M]: Handsome owner of Styx. He gets along good with Tesla. Too good as the two of them have had several affairs.
Dana King [40/F]: Owns a boutique in Riverside called La La Forver. She is Markus's long time girlfriend who thinks Tesla is only "just a good friend and employee" to Markus.
Charon [?/M]: An elderly man who acts as gatekeeper to the main elevator to the underground. He is a coin collector who always manages to crop up when you least expect him to.
Systems [?/M]: An enigma even to himself.

Brief History
Arlene lost her mother when she was only ten. Her father moved the family to Atrion shortly after, a move that did not help Arlene cope with the loss at all. It came as no surprise when Arlene started to act out in school. Her early to late teen years are marked with several warnings, arrests, and incidences of her running away all leading up to a court ordered six month stay in a juvenile detention facility known as Camp Hope just west of Atrion. It was  at this camp that Arlene discovered her technopathy at age 14. When she returned home the young teen still did act out, but also had learned how not to get caught. It does help when you can convince the surveillance cameras not to see you. She took up the name Tesla and started to spend most of her time in Eastside. The rumors about the hidden world on that side of the river full of the city's ostracized abnormals drew her in. The denizens recognized a fellow societal reject and welcomed her into their world. For the longest time Tesla was too afraid to tell her family about her powers. When she did, her father accepted her while her relationship with her brother only further deteriorated. It was then that her father told Tesla about her grandmother, Arlene Dennis, and about the dark family secret. This gave birth to some of Tesla's skewed views and did not sit well with her. She spent more and more time on the other side of the river and has continued to avoid registration with the IAP or the Nation Database of Metahumans and Extraterrestrials.

Urban legends quickly became a passion of Tesla's. Most turned out to be dead ends, but one spelunking expedition into the bowels of the Undercity turned up an interesting find. The seventeen year old came across an abandoned structure below ground. At first she thought is was a Cold War era bomb shelter long since forgotten about. The security system was old, granted, but electronics like Tesla and she was able to get inside. What she found surprised her. It was actually not an abandoned bomb shelter... it was an abandoned research facility with its sole experiment still occupying it.  Turned out the urban legends about the 'Man in the Machine' and the 'Lonely Watcher' had validity to them. It was a disturbing sight to see what once must have been a human being strapped up to a super computer of some sort, even more disturbing when Tesla accidentally woke up the cybernetic prisoner. Electronics like Tesla.

Systems, as he become known to Tesla, has since become something between ward and friend to Tesla. He remembers nothing of his life before becoming Systems. Systems struggles to understand humanity which is something Tesla tries hard to help with. The facility has since been restored to a functioning, livable space known as the "Castle". It is inhabited by Robert and his group.
Creator's Notes

The woman in the pictures used for this character is musician Valerie June.

Sharon

I am still in this one but I am working on bio. But had to take a brake tracing her power blood line. It all confusing when I think about it.

Crovonovin

David Irons

Played By: Shihong

Codename: Doorman
Level: 3 - Beta
Quote: "There is no such thing as a barred path.  One merely needs the right key, and all paths will be open to them."
Inspiring Music

Inspiring Music: Amon Tobin - Defocus
Inspiring image(s): David Irons - A Portrait

Physical Details
__Age/D.O.B.: 32 / March 27th, 1985
__Height: 192 cm (6'3")
__Weight: 95.3 kg (210 lb)
__Build: Statuesque, almost literally so.
__Skin color: Ivory
__Eye color: N/A
__Hair color: N/A
__Clothing: Detective Irons always wears a crisp, clean suit and coat while on the job, without exception.  When off the clock he seems to have a preference for navy turtlenecks and slacks.

Personality
Though David looks to have been vomited up from the depths of a surrealistic painting, he maintains an air of casual dependability.  Always punctual, always there precisely when he's needed, and never one to go back on his word.  He's rather analytical, as most good detectives are, and has a bit of a philosophical streak.  Above all else, he is dedicated to his job and his department.

Skills
__Skill: Perhaps unsurprisingly, Detective Irons thoroughly enjoys sculpting and painting in his free time.  Though not devoid of talent, he has very little interest in exhibiting his pieces to the public or fellow artists.

He also has the uncanny ability to avoid detection when the occasion calls for it, despite his bizarre appearance.

Powers
__Power: Irons refers to his ability as that of the Divine Locksmith, though thorough testing has proven that his powers are genetic in origin, rather than the gifts of any higher power.  Put simply, David possesses the power of "Locking and Unlocking".  By touching a surface he is capable of opening a doorway of varying width, length, and thickness in order to pass through to the opposite side.  Barricades of any sort are completely useless against him, as he can make paths where previously none existed.  Both organic and inorganic materials are vulnerable, though he is prohibited from exercising it on living organisms while in the line of duty.

There are further intricacies to the power of the Doorman.  In addition to opening doors in the environment, David can also "lock" or "unlock" the potential of others.  This allows him to enhance or subdue the abilities of other powered individuals (the latter of which is quite useful for detaining superpowered criminals), remove or strengthen inhibitions, and so on.

David's power has no use on electronic devices.  He can open his own door past an electronic lock, but cannot, say, use his power to "unlock" a computer's password.

Weaknesses
__Weakness: Despite looking for all the world like a statue come to life, David is as otherwise vulnerable as any other human being.  He bleeds and is just as capable of injury, though it is unknown what effect a shot to his "head" would have. 

Unlike many other mutants, he is incapable of hiding his condition from the public.  His appearance never fails to draw unwanted attention from those around him, often distracting witnesses or inciting others to insult and demean him.  While more progressive establishments have no problem serving him, there are still those that will deny him entry based solely on his appearance.

Background Details

Relations
__Family/Friend/etc: Both of David's parents are deceased, a combination of having had children later in life and flagrant disregard for their own personal health.  They are survived by him and his younger sister.  David was estranged from his immediate family at the age of 16 when his powers began to manifest and mutate his body.  He was taken in by his Uncle, a beat cop who had been similarly ousted from his own household upon coming out as homosexual.  His Uncle has since retired from the APD.  Any contact with his sister remains strained, and they do not go out of their way to see one another.
Name [Age/Gender]:

• Patricia Irons [Mother/74/Deceased]
  • Jeremy Irons [Father/78/Deceased]
  • Elizabeth Smalley [Sister/28]
  • Jack Irons [Uncle/58]

Brief History

David grew up in Downtown Atrion, born to a lower middle-class family with a love for alcohol and tobacco.  His parents never abused him or even one another.  Indeed, their unparalleled apathy towards one another and their own children was nothing short of miraculous.  Each day they simply went through the motions of living, never caring or expressing joy or surprise or even anger. 

At least until the changes began.  As a boy who had spent all of his short life being ignored by his own blood, to suddenly become the subject of their fear and rage was a harrowing experience.  He was kicked out with barely a penny to his name, and was immediately taken in by his Uncle Jack.  The man quickly took charge of the boy, taking him in for routine testing to determine the full extent of his burgeoning abilities and drastic change in appearance.  The potential abuse inherent in his abilities necessitated registration, though Jack's position in the force allowed him to oversee David's development personally. 

And so things went.  David's Uncle instilled within him all the qualities that his parents had lacked - dedication, resolve, and a passion to do something good with the talents God had granted him.  The growing presence of metahumans, extraterrestrials, and post-humans both within the force and the criminal underground, combined with his advancing age, ultimately drove Jack to retire from the force.  David was quick to take up the mantle as soon as he was finished with his schooling, finally in a position where his unique abilities could be put to excellent use in cleaning up the streets.  He was promoted to Detective three years ago, and hasn't slowed down since.

Creator's Notes

Nothing just yet, but perhaps something will soon come to mind!

Outlier

Shihong,

I have to say impressive character! I really was not expecting any character like this one to show up and I am glad that David is going to join the cast. Qt and I have a few concerns as GMs though in regards to Detective Irons's abilities.

1. How permanent are the pathways?

2. Barricades might be useless, but material needs to play a role. Going through a partition wall would cost nearly nothing compared to attempting to go through a reinforced bank vault door. I would like to see Detective Irons give serious thought to the placement of his pathways least he compromise the integrity of a building or waste energy.

3. The locking ability in regards to powers cannot be permanent. The suppression of another's powers should be agreed on OOCly first just to keep things sailing smoothly. The APD and other law enforcement agencies will have access to weapons specifically designed for use against powered individuals.

Crovonovin

I felt like going with something a bit different than I normally would for a game like this.  I'll do my best to alleviate any concerns.

1) This is a point I was debating.  Either the doors could only remain open for as long as he's concentrating on them, or he would actually have to close them himself (using the "Locking" side of his power).  Whichever you and Qt prefer.  Edit: I should also mention that, while he can open a door in a person, this does not actually hurt the individual in question.  He could, for example, open a panel in a man's chest without causing blood loss or injury as a knife would.  But barring a sudden career change as a surgeon, I doubt he'd ever be called to attempt it except in truly extreme circumstances.  He does not like the idea of using his power on people, at all.

2) This is very true.  He cannot, for example, simply open a door through an entire mountain all at once.  If a barrier is too thick, he would have to open several doors in order to reach the other side, which would prove taxing depending on how many he has to create in a short period of time.

3) Agreed.  The locking (and unlocking) of powers only has a short duration.  Unlocking abilities is generally easier, while powerful abilities are difficult to keep suppressed for a prolonged period of time.  Consider it like trying to hold back a flood with a wooden door and a padlock--eventually the force acting on it will cause the dam to burst.

Outlier

Quote from: Shihong on February 23, 2012, 09:06:47 PM
I felt like going with something a bit different than I normally would for a game like this.  I'll do my best to alleviate any concerns.

1) This is a point I was debating.  Either the doors could only remain open for as long as he's concentrating on them, or he would actually have to close them himself (using the "Locking" side of his power).  Whichever you and Qt prefer.  Edit: I should also mention that, while he can open a door in a person, this does not actually hurt the individual in question.  He could, for example, open a panel in a man's chest without causing blood loss or injury as a knife would.  But barring a sudden career change as a surgeon, I doubt he'd ever be called to attempt it except in truly extreme circumstances.  He does not like the idea of using his power on people, at all.

2) This is very true.  He cannot, for example, simply open a door through an entire mountain all at once.  If a barrier is too thick, he would have to open several doors in order to reach the other side, which would prove taxing depending on how many he has to create in a short period of time.

3) Agreed.  The locking (and unlocking) of powers only has a short duration.  Unlocking abilities is generally easier, while powerful abilities are difficult to keep suppressed for a prolonged period of time.  Consider it like trying to hold back a flood with a wooden door and a padlock--eventually the force acting on it will cause the dam to burst.

So glad to see how much work you put into your character. Even better to know we are on the same page. Learning a bit about structure and building material will be helpful to him.

Um, just for curiosity's sake he eats food, but is the keyhole his mouth? Does it move when he talks?

Crovonovin

Ahaha, it does tend to jostle around when he talks, yes.  As for how he eats--I think that's best left to the imagination.  I imagine it's become a running joke in the department to try and actually catch him in the act of eating/drinking something.

AlgaeNymph

Looks interesting, I should really get around to finishing my ons/offs.

Anyway, is there going to be an upper limit on the number of characters you accept or do I not need to rush?

WendySlaveGirl

This looks kind of interesting. I see Divine is a potential race option but needs to be approved. Does this mean I'd need to send my idea to one of the GMs and get their approval for it first?

Iniquitous

Anastasia Yasmeen Borschek
Iniquitous Opheliac

Aliases: Stasia

Talcon Level: 2 ‘Alpha’ (Under the right -or wrong- circumstances, she is a 1 'Omega' though this is a heavily guarded secret)
Quote: Ceea ce sint vei fi tu. 'What I am, you will be.'
Inspiring Song:
Inspiring Images: (Character appearance) Stasia

Physical Details
Height:160 cm
Weight:45.359 kg
Build:Petite and slender. Dainty
Skin Color: Pale
Eye Color: Very dark brown, almost black
Hair Color: Deep ruby red
Clothing: While working, Stasia adheres to the dress code that most detectives seem to have - dress slacks, button ups and blazers with the typical women’s footwear stable… sensible flats. Off duty is a total different story. Her hair comes down out of it’s prim bun, her lip ring goes in and make up is applied. Her clothing changes to bustiers, corsets, skinny jeans, leather pants, over the knee boots and leather coats.

Personality
Quiet, restrained, sarcastic. Stasia comes across as being standoffish and emotionless though nothing is further from the truth. Her emotions are chaotic and only those she trusts are allowed to see past the wall that she has built up between herself and everyone around her.

Skills
Krav Maga - Due to her small stature in a rough world, Stasia has learned the art of Krav Maga for self defense. An art that serves her well when people underestimate her.

Tai Chi - While also another form of martial arts, this skill was learned mainly for the purpose of learning to remain in control of her emotions and body at all times - a necessary skill for her health.

Powers
Thermokinesis

Weaknesses
Strong Emotions - Her emotions are food for her powers. The more intense the emotion, the harder it is for Stasia to retain her grip on the thermokinesis. A complete loss of control on her part would cause spontaneous combustion.

Bullets/Knives/Etc - Demigoddess or no, her body is still subject to the frailties of mortality and if she sustains too much damage, she will die.

Background Details

Relations
Family:
Katarina Borschek - Mother  45 yrs old Deceased
Nusku - Father - Ageless - Assyrian God of Light and Fire

Brief History
Everything known about Stasia is a carefully constructed lie that was woven to protect her. While her employment records and her registration put her birth in Atrion in 1996, this is far from the actual truth.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Outlier

Quote from: WendySlaveGirl on February 23, 2012, 10:31:04 PM
This looks kind of interesting. I see Divine is a potential race option but needs to be approved. Does this mean I'd need to send my idea to one of the GMs and get their approval for it first?

Hi Wendy! To save on time go ahead and message me with your thoughts. Divine is a blanket term so let me see what you have in mind before you get started on a character sheet.

Outlier

Quote from: AlgaeNymph on February 23, 2012, 10:06:27 PM
Looks interesting, I should really get around to finishing my ons/offs.

Anyway, is there going to be an upper limit on the number of characters you accept or do I not need to rush?

Hello there and welcome to E, AlgaeNymph. I hope to start by the fifth of March although it is purely a purely tentative start date at the moment. *edited*

Version 2 has been swapped in (thanks Swords!) for the old ad. Changing some points, but the principle elements are the same. Basically I have "rolled back" the events in-game somewhat so that the police can start on the kidnappings near the start instead of near the middle. Keeping things local.

Kevben Battleheart

My only real question is what is the kind of tech can be expected? Are there things like plasma guns, melta weapons, etc, etc?
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Qt

Quote from: Kevben Battleheart on February 25, 2012, 05:51:46 PM
My only real question is what is the kind of tech can be expected? Are there things like plasma guns, melta weapons, etc, etc?

I would say just current day tech, though some of the technologies that exist currently but not massively available might be in the setting of the game, but plasma guns I'd say no.

Monkey

Jemal Mercutio Watkins

Played By: Monkey

Aliases: Flash-Streak
Level: TALCON 1
Quote: “STAY AWAY FROM MY FOOD!”
Inspiring song(s): Free, by Powerman 5000
Inspiring image(s): Jemal M. Watkins

Physical Details
__Age/D.O.B.: Twenty-eight (28) / 02-21-1989
__Height: 193.04cm
__Weight: 99.35kg
__Build: Athletic/Fighter
__Skin color: Black
__Hair color:  White
__Clothing: Street clothes, but prefers to wear loose fitting clothing that doesn't interfere with movements.

Personality
Loud, Emotional, Lighthearted, and Impulsive. Jemal is often the first person to start a fight due to a misunderstanding, but at no point should he be considered stupid. Has to much trust in his powers to bail his ass out of a jam to take most things seriously.

Skills
__Brawler: While having spent years learning to play Capoeira, Jemal rarely uses the flashy moves in an actual fight.

__Cook: With his mother working most of the time, Jemal had to learn quickly how to fend for himself.

__Rollerblading: One of his favorite past-times, he's often using his blades as a way of quickly delivering food for his job. And he's even found a way to make his skates faster using his powers.

Powers
__Electrokenesis: Jemal has the ability to generate, control, and absorb electrical energy around him. He's capable of using these powers that range from restarting someone's heart (defibrillators), to short circuiting electronics, to blasts of lightning, to using his electricity to generate electromagnetic fields for propelling metallic objects like a rail gun.
   __Super-Conductor Electromagnetism: While this ability ties into Electrokenesis, it's more akin to the way that a MagLev (Magnetic Levitation) train runs, suspended above the rails.
   __Immunity To Mind Control: Because of his electric based powers, he's able to prevent the outside interference to the bio-electrical signals in his brain. This ability also allows him to ignore pain signals, though not the damage.

__Super Speed: Jemal's capable of reaching speeds that match that of a bolt of lightning [220,000 km/h (140,000 mph)] briefly, though he rarely does so. While he's physically fine, the sonic boom that accompanies high-speed travel can cause devastating. When he reaches maximum speed his is only in linear travel, leaving his top speed more akin to short ranged teleportation.

Weaknesses
__Shorting Out: Jemal, especially when fully powered, has an aversion to water since it shorts him out. Silicone dust also does the same, as well as any other insulators.

__Linear Traveling: When moving at extreme speeds, Jemal has limited agility, which renders his movement in short bursts of speed. This often gives him the appearance of being able to teleport.

Background Details

Relations
__Family:
Brandy Watkins [43/Female]: Mother, deceased.

Manuel dos Reis Santos [65/Male]: Surrogate father, alive. The man who took Jemal in after his mother's death and was the person to give him a job. The only other person besides Jemal that knows about Jemal's powers. A Capoeira Maestro, he taught Jemal how to play the Brazilian and African martial art. Standing several inches shorter than Jemal, Manuel is quite active for a man his age. He owns a bar and grill in the Eastside that has take out.

Brief History:
   Born and bred in the Eastside, Jemal had no idea who his father was growing up. His mother worked two jobs to support her and himself. When he was sixteen he found a job at a local restaurant, but a few months later his apartment building was burned down by some unknown Pyrokenetisist, his mother being one of the casualties. This act left a very bad taste in his mouth regarding any and all Fire Starters. Having never been through the second power assessment, Jemal has kept his abilities under-wraps. Learning Capoeira from the man that took him in, Jemal continued to work at the old man's restaurant, 'Whiskey River'.

Creator's Notes

Don't worry. While I personally know almost every single way to break this character, I'll keep him reigned in during play.
Born of the Earth, I am the Monkey that ran amok in the Heavenly Palace of the Jade Emperor.

AlgaeNymph

I may be interested in being a victim depending on what happens to them.  If it's something you want secret then just PM me.

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Qt on February 25, 2012, 06:01:42 PM
I would say just current day tech, though some of the technologies that exist currently but not massively available might be in the setting of the game, but plasma guns I'd say no.
Just checking is all, working on a CS now.

Edit: and here's what I have so far, but I'm falling asleep making him, so I'll get to the rest of him later.

Allister N Caine

Played By: Kevben Battleheart

Aliases: The Judge, The Chastener
Quote: “You can run, but you can’t hide.”
Inspiring song(s): Pursuit Race , by Erdenstern
Inspiring images: Investigation outfit / Assault Gear / Usual wear
Physical Details
__Age/D.O.B.: 27/May 17, 1990
__Height: 190.5cm (6'3)
__Weight: 72kg (159lbs)
__Build: Average but slightly muscular.
__Skin color: Lightly tanned with a few freckles on his cheeks.
__Eye color: Hazel
__Hair color: Sandy blond

__Appearance:
Allister tries to keep himself in shape and so while his body is healthy, he still has a habit of eating things he enjoys along with healthy foods so his body is more on the average side with a slight display of muscles. His hair is kept short and neat that curls slightly at the ends, something that annoys him. On his right shoulder is an old scar from when he first started in the APD and was shot and was lucky enough to have been pushed out of the way and occasionally acts up during rainy weather.

Personality:
Description here.

Skills:
__Interrogation: Being an Investigator sometimes requires Allister to interrogate various subjects should it be thought that they hold key information needed. Some of the techniques he knows require prying eyes to be distracted though,

__Shadowing: Over the course of his career, and his life, Allister believes that he has nearly mastered the art of Shadowing. Whether its skulking around in the night and following someone, or acting like he's doing something else when someone thinks their being followed, he feels that he's almost unmatched in that field.

__Martial Arts: Apart from the training he was given, Allister has dabbled here and there in various art forms, though he cannot say that he's even an initiate, but he at least knows a few things should he ever need something else besides the training he's received.

Weaknesses:
__Sweet Tooth: Not much of a weakness, but Allister has a habit of eating sweet things when he shouldn't be and while nothing bad has come of it, neither has anything good come from it as well.

__White Knight: One more than one occasion has his kind side shown through and often it has come to nip him in the bud numerous times as even though he knows what it does, he still holds out hope that by helping someone they will eventually turn over a new leaf.

Background Details

Relations:[/color]
__Family/Friend/etc:

Brief History:

Creator's Notes

Outlier

Hey guys 'nother update from Li.

Approved characters now have a home! If you character's name is on the list you can go ahead and post. Don't worry about putting them up in a particular order. And just for ease I'll post the list here too. If you have submitted a completed profile, but are not on the list let me know!

Police Department & Affiliates

David Irons/Doorman (Shihong)
Anastasia Yasmeen Borschek/Stasia (Iniquitous Opheliac)
Joseph Miller/Hazmat (Dark Deception)
Richard Taylor Smith/Rick (GMs)

Adam Roanoke/Medicine Man (Swordsman18)

Civilians

Arlene Gordon/Tesla (Outlier)
Jemal Mercutio Watkins/Flash-Streak (Monkey)
Nathaniel Schubert (Qt)

Monkey

Here's my second character for your viewing pleasure.

Marcus Nathaniel Waters

Played By: Monkey

Aliases:
Level: TALCON 2
Quote: “Money's money. Touch mine and you die.”
Inspiring song:
Inspiring image: Marcus N. Waters

Physical Details

Age/D.O.B.: 25 / 10-31-1992
Height: 172.75cm
Weight: 83.4 kg
Build: Toned/Atheletic
Skin color: Tanned/Bronzed
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Black
Clothing: Wears casual clothing.

Personality

Brash and Honest. True to himself and his feeling, Marcus says whatever he's thinking and doesn't give two shits about the feelings he might hurt saying them. If everyone's entitled to their opinions, then he believes that he shouldn't be ashamed for his. He's honest, almost to a fault. He'd much rather tell the truth, unless his life (or his bounty) is on the line.

Skills

Information Gathering: With his profession as a Bounty Hunter, and even a Hunter of illegal Meta's) he's developed quite the informational network. Using friends on both sides of the law to hunt down potential bounties.

Liquor: Spending his days and nights in bars and clubs, Marcus has developed quite the tolerance for alcohol. He's yet to meet anyone capable of drinking him under the table.

Marksmanship: Hours upon hours of spending time at a firing range has honed his skills with a handgun and rifle to almost an art.

Powers

Marcus has a unique power. By psionically breaking  down matter around him he is capable of fashioning a bio-metallic suit of armor. Golden bronze and red metals cover his body while letting him retain his full mobility. While armored his Strength, Endurance, Durability, Speed, and other physical aspects are all enhanced to super-human level status. The armor and his abilities are dependent on his willpower and emotions. A large emerald jewel adorns the back of his gauntlet covered hands while claws protect his fingers.  Three large 'fins' protrude from his shoulder-blades. These 'fins' propel him along while leaving an ethereal gold mist, even allowing him to fly. A stylized helmet covers his head, leaving what looks to be a wolf encompassing his face. His lower face is covered by a thin sheet of metal, surrounded by protruding teeth with elongated canines, that acts like a filter while his eyes remain uncovered.

As stated the suit increases his physical abilities to beyond human. Capable of running and propelling himself at speeds up to 100mph (roughly 160km/h). His suit deflects bullets, with most low caliber handguns not even phasing him. The impact however, from the larger caliber guns, can still break away his armor and deliver quite the blow. His strength is two fold. While being able to lift several tons at maximum, his suit is able to break down additional matter around him and absorb it as energy. The additional matter, which appears as a red ethereal swirl of lights, can be used to either repair damaged sections of his armor or use it as energy to deliver an explosive punch.

Weaknesses

Marcus, outside of his armor, is only as durable as the next human. His ability to absorb enough matter to create a full body suit can take up to fifteen seconds, which can be deadly in a fire fight. His only saving grace is that in just seconds he can create a single set of fins and armor covering just an arm or his legs.

Any matter broken down to create his armor is lost. Upon dismissal, the armor crumbles and fades away into a golden cloud of dust that quickly dissipates.

Background Details

Relations

Family:
Timothy Lucas Waters (45): Marcus's father. A worker for the city's garbage collection. Is roughly the same height of his son with a similar complexion and a much larger belly.

Christina Tiffany Waters (42): Marcus's mother. A Chemistry school teacher at Atrion High. Is the tallest member of her family, standing several inches above Marcus with the same athletic build.

Brief History

Marcus had what you could call an average life. He had his fair share of cuts, bruises, and even got into trouble now and again. He was even able to join the police force after graduating school. On a celebratory camping trip he and his buddies were hiking in the wilderness when they spotted a meteor entering Earth's atmosphere. With their curiosity getting the better of them they decided to investigate. Marcus was the one that actually entered the crater and touched the object. It was as if a flash grenade going off, blinding him with a bright flash of light. When his vision returned he was standing alone in the crater, his friends no where to be found.

It was year later when Marcus's powers first developed. During a bank robbery perpetrated by a Meta one of his close friends had been killed right before him. The sight of her lifeless body hitting the ground was enough to awaken the strange powers inside of him. A single explosive punch was enough to turn the Meta inside out in front of stunned onlookers. After that he was registered, though he quit the force to work alone hunting down illegal Metas and escaped fugitives.

Creator's Notes

Yes, I know he sounds like Torisuna Kazuma from s.CRY.ed, so what?

Born of the Earth, I am the Monkey that ran amok in the Heavenly Palace of the Jade Emperor.

Sharon

I am still working on bio... over 4 pages long on Word....And I haven't even touched Her history...

Sharon

Mikay Rose Hines “The Whispering Wind”

Played By: Sharon

Aliases: Wild Wind (a nick name given to her by her grandparents on both side of her family, she was always running all over the place and it was hard to get her to sit still.),
Slick Feet( a nick name giving to her by her Dancing Crew, The Shiners.)
Whisperer (given to her self after find out what she can do) 
The Whispering Wind (Code Name)
Level: Gamma
Quote: “We live through emotion but hardly live with emotion…”

Inspiring song(s): Rooftops, by Lostprophets
Inspiring image(s): http://www.elfwood.com/art/n/i/niinan/abstract_art_005.jpg  (I am still here-the shadow fairy) *copy and paste the link to see picture*
The Whispering Wind‘s out fit and hair
Mikay Rose Hines

Physical Details
Age/D.O.B.: April 4,1995/ 21 almost 22 years old
Height: 5’9
Weight: 165 pounds- but that is in tone muscles
Build: Slim but with a little tone to her.
Skin color: Pale
Eye color: Green
Hair color: Brown with a hit of red in it when the sun hit it just right.
Clothing:  Mikay loves to wear Gloves with open fingers tips all year around  special when it comes fighting  she have a set that has studs on her knuckles part of the gloves, and  trench coat that is leather and hangs more in the back than in the front ( looks a lot like Tifa Lockhart trench coat) , white shirts and tank tops again all year around. She more a pants and shorts kind of girl with boots and converse shoes. She normally keeps her hair down unless she is fighting, then she tied her hair back. When she have to dress up she more of a business type of a dress and  plat form shoes with it.  She put her hair in a tight buns or curls her hair.   When she working as a D.J. she wear a throw over shirt and long baggy pants and tank tops with her hair hanging down pass her shoulder blades. And as she when she is The Whispering Winds she in a Ninja outfit with a mask. *see the picture label The Whispering Wind*

PersonalityMikay  has always been trying to prove that she is just as good as her father (Luke aka Mind Locker)*see family members* who is a mutant. She is one as well, just like Luke, as her mother(Morgan)*see family member* is just a human. She a person that digs deep when she is facing a problem though sometime her temper makes it hard for her to see the big picture.  Though growing up with people pointing their fingers in her face about how she was different made her slightly cold toward the world but she know that it just humans scared of something they don’t understand even so she wouldn’t turn her back on them because she didn’t wanted to be like her father, who couldn’t stand how people looked at him so he quite the IAP.  While she is trying to prove her worth to her father, she has become to think of herself as a girl that doesn't need to be saved as she is a very eye on the prize kind of girl.  She feel that her powers are sometime useless because it mainly of the mind because of her father being Mental Power person.

Skills

Break Dancing: Mikay had been dancing since she was very young her family try to get her to do dancing that was more normal and could be a future career. Though she went with it for a few years but at the age of 9 she found her true dancing style she love everything that came with it. It
was the one place she felt normal until she messed it all up but she still doing it for fun now. She stop doing with her old crew when she was 12 years old. *see more in History* (She also used brake dancing as a form of fighting much like Eddie from Takken Tag) 

Painting: She had always had a passion for painting though she didn’t really work on until after she after she was 12 years old. She is going to school to major in art though most of her pieces are free form. She loved to paint it helps her forget about everything that is around her. She got her painting skills from her father’s mother, Granny Jill *see more family*

Short Sword play Sword play has been kind of a hobby of hers, as she seemed to have a lot of hobbies not a lot of skills to really help her with her work for IAP. She can’t think of anything better than swinging around a sword as if she was some old knight. Grandpa Gen, her mother’s father, had took her under his wing on this skill teaching her a lot more than just sword play but wisdom.*See family*

Powers
Mediumship : Able to talked to the dead, She had done this for the first time when she was five years old, with her Great Uncle Harry. *See history and family members to learn more* This is the one that had been passed down since her  first person in her the blood line, Larry Carmen, her Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather.
Empathy Can read or sense someone’s emotion no matter what, though it makes it hard for her to used her Telepathy powers.
Telepathy Able to read thoughts of someone by touching the person. She is able to talked to people as long as the relaxed but it harder to do if they are freaking out.  It also works best with people that she knows or somewhat knows. 
Night Vision able to see clearly in Total Darkness. She was born with this.

Weaknesses
Bright lights She like dark places because of her eyes, but she can deal being out in the sun and things like that but she always seen wearing sun glasses because of it of her abilities that she had since birth. Though sun glasses can only protected her so much.

Over emotional people It hard for her to even know what she is feeling when she is in a big group of people let alone being so close to someone that emotional state changes quickly.

Shielded Minds When trying to read people thoughts or even speak with them and they have a Mental shields up it could cause her to pass out as her voice or her own thoughts are bounce back at her own mind.

Lost of a person “Death“ Even though she is able to talked to the Dead. Not all dead will talk to her, and it hurts when she really need someone to talked that has passed or even when she need their help with a case and they wont talked to her. So dealing with lost is harder for her as she knows that not everyone is restfully after death.

Background Details

Relations

Father side of the Family:

*Only listing important players to Mikay Followed her blood list in creator’s Notes*

Luke Hines aka Mind Locker: 45 year old, Male Luke, Mikay’s father, the only child of  Jill and  Mark Hines, is where she had gain most of her powers from. He is a very caring father toward  her but something had made him cold toward the world. She thinks that it because of a talk he had with a ghost. He slowly slipped into madness and had left IAP in 1998 a few years after the 1992 Uzekil Crisis. Once he went into madness, with his Mediumship  powers was able to see comrades that was only half of what they was before they passed on. Which tore him up and not only seeing their deaths but see what the after life brought to them, that forced his chose to disappeared  in 2003, to hind from the Crisis and comrades that went looking for him. She had no clue where he is or what his doing. Though they had a very strong bond because she is the only child that had gain his powers. Which is what drove her to try to prove a point to him. And now with him missing in action and how he left the group she must prove that she is not like him and that she can handle anything the force will throw at her. Where about : unknown…*history*

Jill Hines Maiden name: Williams 72 years old, Female Jill, Mikay’s grandmother, the daughter of  Jane and Lance Williams, Jill is a caring and strong woman she is the glue of the family and is able to look pass differences as she had to with her Husband Mark with his abilities that he had gotten from his mother side of the family. She had always being looking out for her family and try her best to keep the house running.  Mikay call her  Granny Jill Where about: she lives with husband Mark in their little farm house where they rise their son Luke at on the outskirts of the city.

Mark Hines a.k.a  Hot Shot74 years old, Male Mark, Mikay’s grandfather, the son of  May and Lee Hines, Mark seemed to be hard and rough around the edges even for his years. It was because of the fact that he remember people not liking him because of his powers that he got from his mother’s side of the family.  He was Pyro guy. He hardly help people because he felt that if they can’t  be understanding they are too far gone.  Mikay calls him Papa Mark, where about lives with his wife.

Larry Carman  Sr. a.k.a The One35 year old(death) 125 year old, Male Larry, Mikay’s Great-great-great-great- grandfather, one of the many children of Mark and Ann Carman. Larry records show that he was in and out of trouble for most of his life. 5 years of his teenage years was spend in a mental hospital as he seemed be talking to himself and believe that he could move things with his mind and call forth  wind, there is even a record showing that he had killed one of the doctors that was trying to get him meds. They didn’t understand how he was able to do it. It seemed that Dr. Timber had his breath knocked out of him. He was let go at the age of 18 years old where he had to work for low jobs because he was unable to get any other job. He bounced around from job to job nothing really fitting him because of his powers. He was able to find a wife out of Rose , who was able to over look his oddness and work with him through it. Though She was still working her Civil Rights Movements for the women and Larry supported her through that. They had 2 children Mary Mae Carmen (Lady Luck) and Larry Jr. Larry Jr. ended up burning to death before any powers could had been found. Mary went on to have Telepathic abilities.  In Larry Sr. early 20ths he found out that he was able to bend fire as well. Which made him kind of a hot head, so he ended up making a few enemies Normal humans and super humans. After a few years of fighting with someone name Unknown. The One  and Unknown was thought to be friends but something boiled down to a massive fight where Larry lost his life that looked like a heart attacked.

Mother side of the family

*Again just big hitter members.*

Morgan HinesMaiden name: Williams 40 years old, Female Morgan, Mikay’s Mother, Daughter of Mikay Lynn and Gen Williams, She is a very caring and the glue that keeps Mikay on track when she needs a good hit to the head. She is her pointer to the light from time to time. Her and her mother acts like sisters more than what Mikay and Sarah who are sister. Where she lives in her eastside home that she and Luke had gotten before he went crazy and where they rise their daughters.

Mikay Lynn WilliamsMaiden name: Cooper (54 years old) 74 years old, Female, deceasedMikay, Mikay’s grandmother, daughter of Donna and Don Cooper, Mikay watch her brother take his life with a bullet, when they was teenagers, as it had did her in for a lot of things. She can’t really leave home when it comes to seeing people she is scared that they was going to kill themselves as well. She died of her mental state, well that what people say but what it was is Harry try to talked to her and she got scared and jumped out the window. Ginny Mikay, is what the girls called her.

Gen Williams75 years old, Male Gen, Mikay’s grandfather, son of  Jane and Don’s.  He enjoys swords at a very young age as he was happy that Mikay seemed to have gotten into them as well. So he started to teach her how to play with swords. She learn a lot from him and is still learning from him. Where he lives- he lives a bout a few miles out side of the city limits where he rise his kids.

Harry Cooper(15 years old) 74 years old, Male Harry, Mikay’s Great-Uncle, Twin brother of Mikay Lynn, Son of  Donna and Don Copper.  Couldn’t take being doing different and he didn’t wanted his sister to see what he did. Though it was not that he was different but made to believe that he was different by an ex-girlfriend that was upset that he dumped her for a normal girl. She twisted his mind making him think that he could sense people with powers and they was just normal people that she didn’t like. As a ghost he followed her and her family and when he found out that Mikay can see him and was able to talked to him. He sat her down and had a long talked with her. *Brief History* 

Other

Sarah Hines19 years old, Female Sarah, Mikay’s younger sister, daughter of Morgan and Luke Hines. Sarah didn’t really care too much for big sis so she did well in school to get hell away from her family. So she got it a college miles away only call her mother every now and then.

Thomas Nickle28 years old, Male Thomas,Mikay's IAP handler, she contacts him for information about a case and checking in once a week.

Brief History

Mikay is the daughter of Morgan and Luke Hines, oldest daughter. Her father had thought her as a gift from her grandmother Mikay, who was slowly slipping into madness not really coming over to see her first grandchild. Scared that something would happened to her like her twin brother, Harry. Though the nearly newly weds had make sure that both sets of grandparents got enough time with Mikay and Sarah. Taking pictures when every they could for Ginny Mikay. Though when Sarah was 3 years old and Mikay was 5 years old was when Ginny Mikay throw herself out the window.

At the age of five, Mikay, found out about her ability to talked to ghost called, Mediumship, Her first ghost that ever talked to her was her Great Uncle Harry, Her grandmother on her mother’s side twin brother. She knew it was him by the old picture that her grandmother kept close to her. She seen it once and asked her grandmother about him. She told her almost everything but the reason why he took his life that part was still not clear to herself. When Mikay Lynn throw herself out the window there was a written note not in her hand writing it was clear who it was from. Harry wanted to explain to his twin why he did it. And felt bad when it she ran away from the flowing pen out the window. It was Mikay who came up to him first and asked him “Why are you crying?”

His distant voice comes out almost like a blow compared to anything she had heard, “Because I hurt someone that I cared about more than once but twice….” he looked at her and tiled his head. She had those eyes.. Mikay Lynn’s eyes, “What’s your name kid?” he asked her his voice getting kind of low though the tears was still falling. He had watched over his twin and her family.

“Mikay Hines..” she said in her little voice unsure what was going on. He looked her over and stared to her why he killed himself. She didn’t seemed to freak out only because once introduce himself she knew who he was fully. He could feel things that and was not sure what it was. He could feel people that was different than humans. Though he, himself was human., he was just sanative to power user.  And he told her about her grandmother Mikay. She nearly got hit by her mother when she told her about it. When they found out she was not making up lies and it was all true they asked her how she knew. She explain everything to them which made her father’s face went white learning that one of his kids had his ability.

By her 8th birthday her father was only a shadow of who he was when she was younger. He didn’t sleep there was times that things would move because of his Telepathic abilities. The family had lost of lot of nice things before of the flash back he had of the war that he was sucked into. Her mother would never really talked about it with her kids. She just tell them to just let him be as tears built in her eyes. Knowing that the name she loved was no longer there in his body. His mind was twisted because of what he learn about his friends people that had his back in the war. He couldn’t take it anymore he wanted to kill himself but he was not going to let his wife and kids wake up to that so he ran. He ran away from everything that he knew. Leaving his lovely wife to rise two girls. And Mikay could end up having the same twisted fate as he dose. He could had locked their memories of him but when he went to do it he couldn’t. He left a not that said that he loved them and that was it. No one in the family has seen or heard from him since.

She join the Shiners at the age of nine, she was really good at it too. They had dimmed the greatest youngest crew around the city or at least the Eastside of the city. As she was with them for 3 years, it was a big dance off they had face and they pulled it in to talked about what they wanted to do. She ended up talking to everyone through mind and everyone freaked out and she left the group right then.

She was catch by the I.A.P. at the age 19, where she is place in the lovely care of Thomas Nickle.
Creator's Notes

Mikay Father side  (Only tracing back to the important line)
*Her blood line is unusual bloodline Only passing the gene to first born child other than Larry Carmen he was the youngest child of  8 kids though only 3 kids survived so there could had been more children with the Mutant Gene.*
Luke Hines -Mind locker- Father
Jill “Williams” and Mark Hines -Hot Shot-(fire powers)- Grandparents
Jane “Turner” and Lance Williams- Grandmother’s parents- Great-grandparents
May “Carmen”-Wind lady-(Wind powers) and Lee Hines- Grandfather’s parents- Great-grandparents
Courtney  “Fisher” and  Harry Carmen-Mind Wave-(Mental powers) - Great-grandmother’s parents- Great-Great grandparents.
Mary “Carmen”-Lady luck- (Telepathy) and  Carmen Hines - Great-Great grandfather’s parents- Great-Great-Great grandparents.
Rose “Woolsey” and  Larry Carmen “One” (Unknown fully but known to have Mediumship powers)-Great-Great-Great  grandmother’s parents- Great-Great-Great-Great grandparents.

FallenFeather

Are you still accepting characters? If so, I'll totally put in a character sheet. This sounds interesting :)

Qt

Quote from: FallenFeather on March 02, 2012, 02:35:15 AM
Are you still accepting characters? If so, I'll totally put in a character sheet. This sounds interesting :)

Yes, we are still accepting characters, especially looking for police officers. So if you want to post a char sheet, go right ahead.

FallenFeather

Yay! I'll make sure to get a character sheet up soon. However, it's bed time now since it's 4 am...

Outlier

@FallenFeather: Hi there and thanks for considering this game  :-)

@Sharon: Still reading over the updates you've made. You can edit out the "[/url]" though since the link is copy past. (and my inner neat freak will be bothered by it...)

@Monkey: After reading over the profile I want your second character to be a 2 at the very max. Realistically the stronger an individual the shorter their life is likely to be. Such is the danger at being on top. Plus take into account that there are those who would not want to wait for him to become a 1. Jamal gets away with it because he is under the radar (for now) and Stasia is a police officer. Marcus being a free agent would not get as much benefit of the doubt as Stasia. Since Jamal is a speed demon and at the top in power, Marcus needs to be considerably lower in power. He can do without the speed ability being that high.

@Kevben: Looking good so far.

Sharon

Quote from: Outlier on March 02, 2012, 07:29:30 PM
@Sharon: Still reading over the updates you've made. You can edit out the "[/url]" though since the link is copy past. (and my inner neat freak will be bothered by it...)

There you go it all fixed up for you and your inner neat freak. She must love that fact that mine is color coded. *laughs*

Love And Submission

Two Questions  ,  Are Cyborgs allowed and If So ,Did the gulf war take place in this universe?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Outlier

Quote from: DTW on March 02, 2012, 11:42:13 PM
Two Questions  ,  Are Cyborgs allowed and If So ,Did the gulf war take place in this universe?

Hi DTW,

Qt and I talked it over. Cyborgs are allowed, however, the technology is not readily available to everyone so it would need to be explained in the character's background where they got the procedure. In the alternate timeline set up in the game Operation Desert Storm did occur (1990-1991). Operation Desert Shield did not get fully underway as the Uzekil Crisis (1992) took the forefront. The crisis shocked the world into changing direction.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlgaeNymph

Quote from: Outlier on March 03, 2012, 12:39:31 AMOperation Desert Shield did not get fully underway as the Uzekil Crisis (1992) took the forefront. The crisis shocked the world into changing direction.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

What was the Uzekil Crisis?

Sharon

Quote from: AlgaeNymph on March 03, 2012, 05:34:53 AM
What was the Uzekil Crisis?

In 1992, Uzekil destroyed the original League of Heroes Headquarters as part of a series of events later called the Uzekil Crisis. The Uzekil Crisis brought the world's leading nations together to discuss growing metahuman tensions. Meanwhile surviving members of the League of Heroes united with the remains of international groups to form The International Alliance of Peacekeepers. The newly formed IAP made their debut before the United Nations announcing their aims and intent to relocate their main headquarters is an island in the Atlantic as to remain independent of any sovereign nation. The IAP first met resistance as many across the globe feared a second Uzekil Crisis. The IAP inherited stewardship of Metropolis and its subcity Hydropolis and were allowed to rebuild the city. The Metropolis Branch of the IAP stands where the original League of Heroes once stood. The city and branch hold much prestige being valued for their historical importance to the world.

Sourced from Outlier's post See Brief history of Metropolis and the IAP.

It just a made up war that she made which brings everything together with out The Uzekil Crisis the world would still fear people with powers though with out that the IAP would had never been formed either or maybe it would had be formed but that is my understanding of Outlier's world she has put us in. Hehe. I hope that helps hun.  Though I am sure any more deeper questions about it will have to be left to Outlier.

Outlier

@AlgaeNymph: Sharon is correct about the Uzekil Crisis. Hopefully more will come up via IC exploration.

@Sharon: Now that I have finished reading over everything I do still have a few questions about Mikay. The hybrid status does not apply to those of mutant/human heritage. It is more for those who are mermanus/human, alien/human, or divine/human. There are still a lot of grammatical errors in Mikay's profile, but all the information I need is there. The character is approved just make sure to take a look over everything again when you post her to the approved thread.

@Everyone: OOC thread is up! Feel free to occupy this thread.

Sharon

Quote from: Outlier on March 04, 2012, 07:24:56 PM
@Sharon: Now that I have finished reading over everything I do still have a few questions about Mikay. The hybrid status does not apply to those of mutant/human heritage. It is more for those who are mermanus/human, alien/human, or divine/human. There are still a lot of grammatical errors in Mikay's profile, but all the information I need is there. The character is approved just make sure to take a look over everything again when you post her to the approved thread.

On the Hybrid, I didn't know that I was going with what I thought I knew I will fix it and mutant. I will see if someone will fix my grammar errors though I will have them in my posts though I do try my best to catch them. I will asked people before we started this that if I do put out a bad post where you really don't understand what I am trying to say please let me know and I will fix it the best that I can. Just please be nice about it.

Outlier

Quote from: Sharon on March 04, 2012, 08:01:33 PM
On the Hybrid, I didn't know that I was going with what I thought I knew I will fix it and mutant. I will see if someone will fix my grammar errors though I will have them in my posts though I do try my best to catch them. I will asked people before we started this that if I do put out a bad post where you really don't understand what I am trying to say please let me know and I will fix it the best that I can. Just please be nice about it.

Completely understandable. I know I need a spell checker especially whenever I have edited an item multiple times.

Sharon

Quote from: Outlier on March 04, 2012, 08:07:54 PM
Completely understandable. I know I need a spell checker especially whenever I have edited an item multiple times.

There should be a grammar checker too. That would be usefully for some people LOL

Monkey

Got the power downgraded and took off over half of his speed.

Outlier

How about going with up to 100mph (160km/h) and we call it a deal? Also, can he control what he has broken down or is it random?

Qt

Monkey

Quote from: Outlier on March 05, 2012, 01:45:58 AM
How about going with up to 100mph (160km/h) and we call it a deal? Also, can he control what he has broken down or is it random?

Will do, and if you're asking if he can control what's being broken down to make his suit...... I'm going to say that there's a bit of control, but not much. I think I'll also make it so he can't break down organic material to make his suit, otherwise someone might be missing a leg that's supposed to be brought back unharmed.

Outlier

Quote from: Monkey on March 05, 2012, 09:17:21 PM
Will do, and if you're asking if he can control what's being broken down to make his suit...... I'm going to say that there's a bit of control, but not much. I think I'll also make it so he can't break down organic material to make his suit, otherwise someone might be missing a leg that's supposed to be brought back unharmed.
That's what I was wondering. I imagine if he could break down organic material it would be highly lethal and almost not worth the cost. I'll tell you something funny he could do with his powers later. Let's just say it inspired Qt and I to keep track of top 10 abuses of power in the game. Marcus is good to move to approved.

Those still working on profiles you still have time! Try to get them in soon if you plan on playing police offices. We could use some non-powered or non-human characters at the moment.