The Indigo Kingdom: GBLTQA friendly! Recruiting! Players needed!

Started by Ember Star, November 18, 2013, 01:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Name: Carmine Revelon
Alias: Aquillia
Race: Avian Shape Shifter

Orientation: Gay

Weapon: In human form carries a long dagger, that could be mistaken for a short, thin sword, and a short bow. In her avian forms, relies purely on talons and beak.

Powers: Can change form into practically anything that has feathers and wings. She finds it harder to shift into smaller bird forms, however, and generally prefers birds of prey. Her favourite forms are the Golden Eagle, Osprey, Arctic Owl and kestrel. The latter of these is the smallest form she can assume comfortably.

Abilities: Flight, obviously. Can see movement at well over a mile. Is able to hit a moving target the size of a rabbit with her bow at that distance if, and only if, the arrow is fletched with one of her own feathers, otherwise, she is merely a good shot. Anything she eats in her avian form will sustain her for the same time in her human form as it would if she were a bird. Has one special magical ability - if she part-changes and plucks a feather from herself, that feather can be sharpened into a magical quill pen. Anything written with it will be legible only to herself or someone who is holding one of her feathers.

Appearance: In human form, she has blonde hair that falls mid way down her back. Her face is oval, her eyes are grey and her nose is somewhat aquiline. She stands 5' tall in her bare feet, but weighs a mere 60 lbs, due to having hollow bones!

Image 1 | Image 2 | Image 3 | Image 4

History:

The race of bird people were not shape shifters, and they occupied a number of cities in the highest mountains, most of their cities were at the tops of unassailable crags. They survived the Divine War by mostly not getting involved, but simply defending themselves.

In the intervening period, the bird people let their guard down somewhat and relaxed their defences, and then about 150 years ago they were unexpectedly attacked by a combined army of winged demons, dragons, vampires, goblins and humans riding giant bats.

They were overwhelmed. Many were killed, most of the survivors were taken captive. Only a few remained free, Carmine's grandmother amongst them. But she was raped by an evil wizard. The egg she laid contained a perfectly normal baby bird, but as the chick grew, she began to experience strange dreams and omens, mostly involving the total destruction of the few survivors. She tried to persuade them to leave the mountain crater where they had taken refuge from the invasion and lived ever since, but they were too afraid to do so and pointed out that her insisting that they leave might be the very cause of their demise.

Carmine's mother left on her own, and made her home among the forest Elves, who saw the magical potential in her and gave her a gift, a daughter who would be able to blend in with humans and birds, taking the magic from the wizard, the elves concentrated it into a single egg which the mother hatched out dutifully, to find a human baby within. She rejected the child in horror, and flew away.

Carmine was raised by the elves, taught to use a bow and to use her abilities and powers, discovering that she could change shape into almost any species of bird, and not just the eagle-like people that she was descended from. When she was 14, she learned that the mysterious hidden kingdom was once again revealed. Many magical folk were heading there, and so Carmine determined to travel North to the kingdom. When she was 18 she set off on the long, perilous journey, arriving some four years later.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ember Star

An idea of the kingdom layout.

It's approximately the shape and size of South Carolina.

Indigo City is approximately where Columbia is.

Scarlet Village is approximately where Charlesten is.

A approximate 30 mile circle around Indigo city is farmland. 

From the edge of the farmland to where Summerville would be north of Scarlet/Charlesten is Fireleen Forest. The forest also stretches on either side to what would be the state/kingdom lines.

The Grey Mountains range from approximately where Newberry (town north of Columbia) would be all the why up and to the sides, occupying the majority of that northern corner of the kingdom.

The Ruby Caves are under the Grey Mountains and the entrance is approximately where Union would be.

The Azores River runs down from the mountains, through the middle of Indigo City, through Firefox Forest, and empties into the ocean at Scarlet Village. About how I26 does.

The Emerald Plains stretches from about Camden, up to the mountains, down to the forest, and occupies the remaining space.

The Chrystaline Lake is approximately where Batesburg-Leesville is and is approximately 20 miles around. It's fed by Cadance Creek which branches off from the river about where Newberry would be. There's some old oak trees around the lake, and around that is a thin pine forest that goes up to the mountains and down to Fireleen Forest

Mountains are north. Ocean is south. Plains are east. Lake is west.

Gonna ask a friend and see if she can make a map. But that gives you an idea of the layout
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

oh, and there are some cliffs which run along rge east half of the beach.

Anyway. Gotta run errands. But I'll post up OOC and character threads tonight.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Julles

Am interested, I will keep an eye on this... hopefully send in a CS soon, if you will have me. :)

Ember Star

Quote from: Julles on November 19, 2013, 08:36:25 PM
Am interested, I will keep an eye on this... hopefully send in a CS soon, if you will have me. :)
Certainly :)

Ember Star

I know I said I'd put up OOC and character threads tonight. But given that it's 2:15am and my energy is drained. Despite having them coded and ready to go, I'm waiting until I'm more alert to get them up.

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Ember Star

Character Thread : approved characters only. If you've been approved or reapproved, you may go ahead and put your character up.

OOC

Gensokian

I have to retract my previous statement of interest. It turns out I really won't have the free time to dedicate to this, after all, and so I won't be able to keep deadlines. I apologize.

Ember Star

Quote from: Gensokian on November 20, 2013, 02:20:01 PM
I have to retract my previous statement of interest. It turns out I really won't have the free time to dedicate to this, after all, and so I won't be able to keep deadlines. I apologize.
I'm sorry to here that. However, if your time ever frees up, the group will be open :)

DarkNevaeh

Ember Star

Quote from: DarkNevaeh on November 20, 2013, 09:24:03 PM
Can I bring Simeone over as is?
Yeah, just remove the reference to the the queendoms and dark forest, and you might reformat it to match the new CS.

Ember Star

Okay, once I finish Farlin's profile I'll start putting up some IC threads. A friend is doing me a favor and making me a proper map for the kingdom. However, for now he's a example using a SC map to get your bearings.

Example Map

• Blue square is Indigo City.
  • Red square is Scarlet village.
  • Green lines are the boarders of Fireleen Forest.
  • Area within pink circle is farmland.
  • Black line is cliffs. (The beach is called Indigo Beach).
  • Purple lines are boarders of Grey Mountains.
  • Tip of the state is Killious Valley.
  • Red dot is the entrance to Ruby Caves.
  • Light blue dot is Chrysline Lake.
  • Dark blue line is Cadance Creek.
  • Dark green dots are thin pine forest.
  • Light blue line is Azores River.
  • Clear area between pink, green, and purple on the other side is the Emerald Plains.

Ember Star

CurvyKitten

I really loved the last game, but I am just not sure if Runa would really fit in with this one.

Ember Star

She'll fit fine. Actually, possibly better given that this group focuses on magic and creativity. Though given that, obviously there's no evil queen for her to work for. There's Terrabeth, but she's more of a loner plotting in her liar and taking over peoples minds.

ElCapitan

CurvyKitten

Well..I did love her, and I do have a few interesting tweaks/ideas I have for her back story.

And you can have pets....I've been looking for a place to be able to have this little guy. He isn't very fierce or anything, but OMG so adorable.

ElCapitan

If you're looking for encouragement, this is it. 

Go! Maybe Runa will have better luck with this griffon.  I recall the last one trying to eat her.

CurvyKitten

LOL I had forgotten that actually. But if she raises it from being a baby, all she will have to worry about is it wanting to cuddle when it gets bigger. :P

Ember Star

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 22, 2013, 08:39:55 PM
Well..I did love her, and I do have a few interesting tweaks/ideas I have for her back story.

And you can have pets....I've been looking for a place to be able to have this little guy. He isn't very fierce or anything, but OMG so adorable.

Derp. OMG, that IS adorable! <3

CurvyKitten

All right I'm working on Runa and her pet, I shall get her in when I am done. :)

Ember Star

CurvyKitten

PM SENT! Hopefully it is ok...always willing to work with you as you know. :)

PhantomPistoleer

I would like to submit a character for this, but -- uh, does anyone want to be in an open marriage with the burly 'sentinel' that I intend to make? o_o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O