The Indigo Kingdom: GBLTQA friendly! Recruiting! Players needed!

Started by Ember Star, November 18, 2013, 01:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

IMPORTANT: All in-depth information such as history, setting, and rules, can now be found on the group's wiki page. Simply click here to go there.

On the northern most pole of the world, amongst the frozen land of snow and ice, if your eyes know of magic they will suddenly rest on a Eden of wonder. Step forth from the cold frozen tundra into warmth and life. Look up to the sky and see that at night the stars and moon are a indigo blue as if looking through a color filter on a camera lens. But you notice as you watch the Aurora Borealis (aka the Northern Lights) dance across the sky as they almost always do here, that the stars and moon are the only things with altered color. So maybe it's a spell, a trick of the mind. The weather is not cold here as you would expect but is rather perfectly warm when it needs to be, and cold when it does not. If you start to wonder where you are in this beautiful magical land where it seems anything is possible, it is the Indigo Kingdom. For 7,000 years it has be a stronghold of magic and peace. All are welcome here in Indigo under the rule of Queen Alluriella

Important Information

(Taken from Moraline's Game Info Checklist)
    The Indigo Kingdom:

• This game is in the extreme section to allow openness and creativity on all levels. However, this does not mean they things will necessarily become extreme and even if they do, that is why we employ the warning system in the header. Additionally, this is a freeform game, meaning that I as GM will not deploy any sort of dice system moderate combat or anything else. If the players wish to deploy their own system between themselves, that is up to them. This game is also freeform in story, meaning that what you do with your characters is entirely up to you. However, if you make a destructive character character, do not expect their misgivings to go unnoticed.
    • The game is open to anyone regardless of gender, sexuality or preferences.
    • There are no set roles for players to pick up. That said,it is perfectly reasonable to request a certain role such as castle guard, librarian, or anything else.
    • This is a medieval high fantasy freeform kingdom.
    • While they is no mass guided plot, the game is set is a magical land hidden near the North Pole. It is a land created 7,000 years ago as a safe haven for magical beings. A complete history can be found in the group's wiki page.
    • There are few, if any character creation limits. That said, what I do have on the subject can be found in the wiki.
    • This is a completely original game of mine and therefore has no outside information. I do however have a map and some general world building information which can be found on the wiki page
    • The pacing of the game is variable. I normally say at least one post per week. However, real life is real life and if you are held up, that is understandable. The only exception to this is in events where the game must keep moving at a reasonable pace.
    • Sexual activity and how much is to occur is the players decision. This is not a sexual or pairing bases group, and therefore will not be treated as such. However, if you want to have a sexually charged personal story, you may.
    • A complete header system including tagging and picture is used and expected at the top of every IC post. The header code can be found in the OOC thread.
    Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)

• As of right now, I am the only GM. If it becomes needed, I will add a Co GM or two. However, I will be especially picky about who I choose.
    • This is a sandbox style game, meaning that I do not guide the players in story or decisions at all. The exception to this is story events, which will be heavily guided by myself and may affect the kingdom as whole. However, the choice to take part in these guided events is entirely yours.
    • I have put a lot of work into creating the environment of the Indigo Kingdom. How you use it to your advantage or disadvantage is entirely yours, so long as you don't go overboard to a GM/God-mode level.
    • Public, story, and event NPCs (such as the Inn Keeper in the Village or the kidnap victim/kidnapper for a story event) are primarily handled by me as they are as much my characters as my PCs. However, background NPCs around your characters ( such as passerbys on the streets) are mostly at your control, and you are also given the choice to make a pet/companion as a NPC that accompanies your character
    • This is my darling that I have had across several years and several sites. So, I am very active with it. Though it certainly does not get all my attention, I do try and give it the blunt of it.
    • There are two OOCs (links in first post here), one for general chatter, the other announcements and questions related to the game.
    • New players PM me or post your questions here. Approved players PM me or post your questions in the Game OOC
    • If any conflict or confusion arises between characters, please bring it to me in a PM. I will do my best to resolve it in a none bias way.
    • PvP is allowed and even encouraged, so long as you don't go tearing too much up around you. I even have arenas that while aren't in use for a event, are free to be used for PvP.
    Additional:

• While it is not required, I do hope that players who wish to join familiarize themselves with, and even sign the Oath of the Drake as well as take a peek at my Guide to RP Etiquette
    • And with that in mind, remember to always respect your follow players in all ways, including, but not limited to, their Ons and Offs.
    • At least one post per week is generally expected. However, if something comes up, that's fine. Just inform us so we know. Same if you are a slow or variable writer, just let us know. If a player leaves completely, it is requested that they tell me so I can mark them as inactive. If anyone has a scene with a character when its player leaves, they are expected to simply move on without said character. In some cases a character may have to be NPC'd out of a scene.
    • Because of the sandbox nature, it is very easy to integrate new players and characters. They can simply" jump in" almost anywhere and join the fun. Scarlet Village is a especially popular starting point, especially for characters that are new to the kingdom.
    • Third person, past tense, POV is the strongly preferred writing style here. However, I have never been one to complain about different styles coming in.

Character Sheet

Characters must be sent by pm to me for approval! Rules for character making can be found on the group's wiki page.

Name: Your character's full real name and nicknames
    Alias: A name your character earned or that they go by that isn't their real or nickname
    Race: It's pretty much anything goes here. See rules for limitations

Orientation: Your character's sexual preference

Weapon: Your character's main weapon or weapons

Powers: Your character's powers

Abilities: Your character's physical abilities (sword train, senses, ect)

Appearance: A written appearance describing what they look like. I require both written appearance and a image. The picture at the top should be a 150x200 picture. Anything bigger I will resize. Anything smaller I will resize. Anything else and full sized images can be cold linked here. Real photos and art are both acceptable, but please use good art.

History: At least two or more detailed paragraphs.

[/list] [float=right][img padding=5]image link here[/img][/float] [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Alias:[/b]
    [b]Race:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b] 
    [b]Rank:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Weapon:[/b]

[b]Powers:[/b]

[b]Abilities:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

Character Pet Sheet

If your character has a pet, familiar or companion, please fill this out and add it on to the bottom of their sheet

Name: Your pet's/companion's name
    Species: Their species

Powers/Abilities: If they have any. Keep it minimum

Appearance: Same deal as character appearance. Remember you must provide a written appearance as well as a image for both. Same rules for pictures.

History: At least a paragraph describing how they came to be with your character.

[float=right][img padding=5]image link here[/img][/float] [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Species:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Powers/Abilities:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]
    "One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Deamonbane

I am interested, although I will be bringing in a different character than that of the previous group...
    Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

rustytiger

I will be bringing Deirda and Kaelan over, but I don't think I will make her as old since she can be a necromancer for hire or something.
    I'm slowly coming back after years long hiatus. Still going through all the new rules and updates so I'm sorry if I mess up.

Ons & Offs
    Absences
    Idea Thread

Ember Star

KnightNelson20

Im interested. Im going to put good thought into my character and hopefully have a cs up by the end of tonight.

Ember Star

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on November 18, 2013, 04:06:23 PM
    Im interested. Im going to put good thought into my character and hopefully have a cs up by the end of tonight.
    Awesome!

persephone325

I'll bring Sayuri over. This will be perfect, since she's a full blooded witch and loves animals.
    This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
    It always ends in a fight.
    You pulled me from the river. Why?
    I don't know.
    "Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Chrystal

I am making a whole new character for this.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
    I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Visna

I'll keep my eye on this. If I were to join, I'd prefer to play a minor character that dodges in and out of smaller groups though.

Ember Star

Quote from: Visna on November 18, 2013, 05:06:44 PM
    I'll keep my eye on this. If I were to join, I'd prefer to play a minor character that dodges in and out of smaller groups though.
    That's fine. There's not really anything specific needed for this one anyway.

Vampyre Valkyrie

I'm interested. I've not had much luck findind a medieval game I can sink my teeth into. I'll definately be back to read through this stuff again.
    “Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Ember Star

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on November 18, 2013, 05:17:08 PM
    I'm interested. I've not had much luck findind a medieval game I can sink my teeth into. I'll definately be back to read through this stuff again.
    Would love to have you, VV! :D

Ember Star

Somebody suggested a timeline as it wasn't clear. So here for anybody who is interested.

The city was built 7,000 years ago.

The divine war ended 6,000 years ago. 

Terrabeth set about hunting the Rose Sisters 3,000 years ago.

2,000 years ago Allure was "killed"

After she was killed the kingdom laid mostly quiet. Though not hidden. Its power was just downed. Aurora's (the Black Rose (Allure's sister) son Liir followed by his descendants ruled during that period of 2,000 years. While the Rose Sisters were mostly forgotten about. 

65 years ago Allure was "reborn" as the princess. Though she had no idea who she really was.

50 years ago the kingdom was attacked by mortal men which activated a failsafe and hid the kingdom from all.

10 years ago the curse and the failsafe was broken revealing the kingdom once more.

KnightNelson20

Ember Star

Brazen Endeavors

I will bring Ceanothus over.  I think without the dual kingdom interference she'll actually work out better, since I always imagined her slightly darker :)
    ..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
    ...come play with me?...
    .:.o/o.:.intro.:.a/a.:.
    (updated o/o - 7.16.12)

ElCapitan

Question.  What's the general layout of the Indigo Kingdom?  Central city, forests, mountains, etc?  Like, what is the geography (briefly) like?

Gensokian

I have interest in this. My free time will be opening up soon, so I will have enough time to devote to this when it gets off the ground, hopefully. It'll take me a few days to get a character ready, but rest assured he will be thought out, balanced, and ready for action when it comes to it.

Ember Star

Quote from: ElCapitan on November 18, 2013, 09:44:19 PM
    Question.  What's the general layout of the Indigo Kingdom?  Central city, forests, mountains, etc?  Like, what is the geography (briefly) like?
    There's a central city. Mountains to the north. Caves under the mountains. Forest to the south of the city. To the south of the forest is a village by the sea and the ocean.  There's a river that comes down from the mountains, goes through the center of the city, through the forest, and empties into the ocean. To the east are wide open green plains. To the west of the city is a large lake fed by a creek which branches off from the river between the mountains and the city. Um... I think that's it if I remember correctly @.@

DarkNevaeh

Chrystal

Quote from: Ember Star on November 18, 2013, 10:00:55 PM
    There's a central city. Mountains to the north. Caves under the mountains. Forest to the south of the city. To the south of the forest is a village by the sea and the ocean.  There's a river that comes down from the mountains, goes through the center of the city, through the forest, and empties into the ocean. To the east are wide open green plains. To the west of the city is a large lake fed by a creek which branches off from the river between the mountains and the city. Um... I think that's it if I remember correctly @.@

I have a technical quibble with this.....

If the city is at the North Pole, the the only thing North of the city is sky!

Everything else is South!

Hee hee

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ember Star

Quote from: Chrystal on November 19, 2013, 01:27:47 PM
    I have a technical quibble with this.....

If the city is at the North Pole, the the only thing North of the city is sky!

Everything else is South!

Hee hee
    LOL. You kinda have to think of the kingdom as another realm. Like a pocket dimension at the north pole.

Chrystal

I'm putting my final charsheet together from the two PMs it was in, but I'm going to add a familiar, if that's okay? I had intended it from the beginning but got bogged down with the actual character....

Ember Star

Quote from: Chrystal on November 19, 2013, 01:48:27 PM
    I'm putting my final charsheet together from the two PMs it was in, but I'm going to add a familiar, if that's okay? I had intended it from the beginning but got bogged down with the actual character....
    That's fine :)

Chrystal

Name: Carmine Revelon
    Alias: Aquillia
    Race: Avian Shape Shifter

Orientation: Gay

Weapon: In human form carries a long dagger, that could be mistaken for a short, thin sword, and a short bow. In her avian forms, relies purely on talons and beak.

Powers: Can change form into practically anything that has feathers and wings. She finds it harder to shift into smaller bird forms, however, and generally prefers birds of prey. Her favourite forms are the Golden Eagle, Osprey, Arctic Owl and kestrel. The latter of these is the smallest form she can assume comfortably.

Abilities: Flight, obviously. Can see movement at well over a mile. Is able to hit a moving target the size of a rabbit with her bow at that distance if, and only if, the arrow is fletched with one of her own feathers, otherwise, she is merely a good shot. Anything she eats in her avian form will sustain her for the same time in her human form as it would if she were a bird. Has one special magical ability - if she part-changes and plucks a feather from herself, that feather can be sharpened into a magical quill pen. Anything written with it will be legible only to herself or someone who is holding one of her feathers.

Appearance: In human form, she has blonde hair that falls mid way down her back. Her face is oval, her eyes are grey and her nose is somewhat aquiline. She stands 5' tall in her bare feet, but weighs a mere 60 lbs, due to having hollow bones!

Image 1 | Image 2 | Image 3 | Image 4

History:

The race of bird people were not shape shifters, and they occupied a number of cities in the highest mountains, most of their cities were at the tops of unassailable crags. They survived the Divine War by mostly not getting involved, but simply defending themselves.

In the intervening period, the bird people let their guard down somewhat and relaxed their defences, and then about 150 years ago they were unexpectedly attacked by a combined army of winged demons, dragons, vampires, goblins and humans riding giant bats.

They were overwhelmed. Many were killed, most of the survivors were taken captive. Only a few remained free, Carmine's grandmother amongst them. But she was raped by an evil wizard. The egg she laid contained a perfectly normal baby bird, but as the chick grew, she began to experience strange dreams and omens, mostly involving the total destruction of the few survivors. She tried to persuade them to leave the mountain crater where they had taken refuge from the invasion and lived ever since, but they were too afraid to do so and pointed out that her insisting that they leave might be the very cause of their demise.

Carmine's mother left on her own, and made her home among the forest Elves, who saw the magical potential in her and gave her a gift, a daughter who would be able to blend in with humans and birds, taking the magic from the wizard, the elves concentrated it into a single egg which the mother hatched out dutifully, to find a human baby within. She rejected the child in horror, and flew away.

Carmine was raised by the elves, taught to use a bow and to use her abilities and powers, discovering that she could change shape into almost any species of bird, and not just the eagle-like people that she was descended from. When she was 14, she learned that the mysterious hidden kingdom was once again revealed. Many magical folk were heading there, and so Carmine determined to travel North to the kingdom. When she was 18 she set off on the long, perilous journey, arriving some four years later.

Ember Star

An idea of the kingdom layout.

It's approximately the shape and size of South Carolina.

Indigo City is approximately where Columbia is.

Scarlet Village is approximately where Charlesten is.

A approximate 30 mile circle around Indigo city is farmland. 

From the edge of the farmland to where Summerville would be north of Scarlet/Charlesten is Fireleen Forest. The forest also stretches on either side to what would be the state/kingdom lines.

The Grey Mountains range from approximately where Newberry (town north of Columbia) would be all the why up and to the sides, occupying the majority of that northern corner of the kingdom.

The Ruby Caves are under the Grey Mountains and the entrance is approximately where Union would be.

The Azores River runs down from the mountains, through the middle of Indigo City, through Firefox Forest, and empties into the ocean at Scarlet Village. About how I26 does.

The Emerald Plains stretches from about Camden, up to the mountains, down to the forest, and occupies the remaining space.

The Chrystaline Lake is approximately where Batesburg-Leesville is and is approximately 20 miles around. It's fed by Cadance Creek which branches off from the river about where Newberry would be. There's some old oak trees around the lake, and around that is a thin pine forest that goes up to the mountains and down to Fireleen Forest

Mountains are north. Ocean is south. Plains are east. Lake is west.

Gonna ask a friend and see if she can make a map. But that gives you an idea of the layout

Ember Star

oh, and there are some cliffs which run along rge east half of the beach.

Anyway. Gotta run errands. But I'll post up OOC and character threads tonight.

Julles

Am interested, I will keep an eye on this... hopefully send in a CS soon, if you will have me. :)

Ember Star

Quote from: Julles on November 19, 2013, 08:36:25 PM
    Am interested, I will keep an eye on this... hopefully send in a CS soon, if you will have me. :)
    Certainly :)

Ember Star

I know I said I'd put up OOC and character threads tonight. But given that it's 2:15am and my energy is drained. Despite having them coded and ready to go, I'm waiting until I'm more alert to get them up.

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Ember Star

Character Thread : approved characters only. If you've been approved or reapproved, you may go ahead and put your character up.

OOC

Gensokian

I have to retract my previous statement of interest. It turns out I really won't have the free time to dedicate to this, after all, and so I won't be able to keep deadlines. I apologize.

Ember Star

Quote from: Gensokian on November 20, 2013, 02:20:01 PM
    I have to retract my previous statement of interest. It turns out I really won't have the free time to dedicate to this, after all, and so I won't be able to keep deadlines. I apologize.
    I'm sorry to here that. However, if your time ever frees up, the group will be open :)

DarkNevaeh

Ember Star

Quote from: DarkNevaeh on November 20, 2013, 09:24:03 PM
    Can I bring Simeone over as is?
    Yeah, just remove the reference to the the queendoms and dark forest, and you might reformat it to match the new CS.

Ember Star

Okay, once I finish Farlin's profile I'll start putting up some IC threads. A friend is doing me a favor and making me a proper map for the kingdom. However, for now he's a example using a SC map to get your bearings.

Example Map

• Blue square is Indigo City.
    • Red square is Scarlet village.
    • Green lines are the boarders of Fireleen Forest.
    • Area within pink circle is farmland.
    • Black line is cliffs. (The beach is called Indigo Beach).
    • Purple lines are boarders of Grey Mountains.
    • Tip of the state is Killious Valley.
    • Red dot is the entrance to Ruby Caves.
    • Light blue dot is Chrysline Lake.
    • Dark blue line is Cadance Creek.
    • Dark green dots are thin pine forest.
    • Light blue line is Azores River.
    • Clear area between pink, green, and purple on the other side is the Emerald Plains.

Ember Star

CurvyKitten

I really loved the last game, but I am just not sure if Runa would really fit in with this one.

Ember Star

She'll fit fine. Actually, possibly better given that this group focuses on magic and creativity. Though given that, obviously there's no evil queen for her to work for. There's Terrabeth, but she's more of a loner plotting in her liar and taking over peoples minds.

ElCapitan

CurvyKitten

Well..I did love her, and I do have a few interesting tweaks/ideas I have for her back story.

And you can have pets....I've been looking for a place to be able to have this little guy. He isn't very fierce or anything, but OMG so adorable.

ElCapitan

If you're looking for encouragement, this is it. 

Go! Maybe Runa will have better luck with this griffon.  I recall the last one trying to eat her.

CurvyKitten

LOL I had forgotten that actually. But if she raises it from being a baby, all she will have to worry about is it wanting to cuddle when it gets bigger. :P

Ember Star

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 22, 2013, 08:39:55 PM
    Well..I did love her, and I do have a few interesting tweaks/ideas I have for her back story.

And you can have pets....I've been looking for a place to be able to have this little guy. He isn't very fierce or anything, but OMG so adorable.

Derp. OMG, that IS adorable! <3

CurvyKitten

All right I'm working on Runa and her pet, I shall get her in when I am done. :)

Ember Star

CurvyKitten

PM SENT! Hopefully it is ok...always willing to work with you as you know. :)

PhantomPistoleer

I would like to submit a character for this, but -- uh, does anyone want to be in an open marriage with the burly 'sentinel' that I intend to make? o_o
    Always seeking 5E games.
    O/O

Ember Star

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 23, 2013, 10:14:24 AM
    I would like to submit a character for this, but -- uh, does anyone want to be in an open marriage with the burly 'sentinel' that I intend to make? o_o
    Somebody may pop up and take you up on that offer. It's a interesting idea, after all.

On that other note, though, glad to see you here, PP!

Outlaw Fallen

"I fought the decisions that called and lost
    My mark has the relevant piece in this
    I will come reformed
    In short, for the murder of those I court
    I bless the hour that holds your fall
    I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
    A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Ember Star

Julles

I am still considering, just trying to figure out a character that would fit in, really. :/

Ember Star

Quote from: Julles on November 23, 2013, 05:12:35 PM
    I am still considering, just trying to figure out a character that would fit in, really. :/
    there isn't much that won't fit in, honestly. So long as you stay within the genre and the time period, it's pretty much anything goes, excluding God like characters.

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
    A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
    I have taken the Oath of the Drake
    Behold my O/O

Ember Star

persephone325

Sorry I haven't gotten my character in yet. I had a crazy weekend, and now I'm exhausted!! lol Hopefully I'll have it up this week. ^^
    This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
    It always ends in a fight.
    You pulled me from the river. Why?
    I don't know.
    "Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
    Behold my O/O

Julles

Okay, I am all caught up on everything I think I had to do to finish this weekend. So, hopefully I will be able to really scramble my brain to put a CS sheet together, because I really like this game idea and I would kick myself if I didn't send a CS in. :)

Famine

You still allowing characters in, and if so what about characters who can use magic?

(I would have her limited to just using elemental magic)
    The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

Ember Star

Quote from: persephone325 on November 24, 2013, 10:51:57 PM
    Sorry I haven't gotten my character in yet. I had a crazy weekend, and now I'm exhausted!! lol Hopefully I'll have it up this week. ^^
    No worries :)
    Quote from: Julles on November 24, 2013, 11:00:45 PM
    Okay, I am all caught up on everything I think I had to do to finish this weekend. So, hopefully I will be able to really scramble my brain to put a CS sheet together, because I really like this game idea and I would kick myself if I didn't send a CS in. :)
    Sounds great! Can't wait to see it!
    Quote from: Famine on November 24, 2013, 11:08:58 PM
    You still allowing characters in, and if so what about characters who can use magic?

(I would have her limited to just using elemental magic)
    Always allowing new characters and a character which can use magic is perfectly fine :)

Famine

Woohoo! Will start a CS and hopefully have it submitted by the hour. Do I just submit it on here or somewhere else?
    The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

Ember Star

Quote from: Famine on November 24, 2013, 11:22:41 PM
    Woohoo! Will start a CS and hopefully have it submitted by the hour. Do I just submit it on here or somewhere else?
    PM it to me, please :)

Ember Star

Sussurus

I'm intrigued, but unsure what to play, given how open the game seems to be... any suggestions? I'm mostly looking for occupation/motivation. I'd be delighted to play someone's apprentice/bodyguard/what-have-you.

Vaulera

Are you still taking people for this game? It looks very fun! For a character, usually I like working for someone, as I like loyalty/ dedication, or having someone working for me. Just a fan of that kind of dynamic.

Ember Star

Quote from: Sussurus on December 15, 2013, 07:29:35 PM
    I'm intrigued, but unsure what to play, given how open the game seems to be... any suggestions? I'm mostly looking for occupation/motivation. I'd be delighted to play someone's apprentice/bodyguard/what-have-you.
    Well, given the openness of the group I try not to assign roles to people. That being said, on the "bodyguard" note, a guard for the castle would work. Or a teacher at the academy. Or the librarian at the library. Depends on what kind of thing you have in mind.
    Quote from: Vaulera on December 15, 2013, 07:53:42 PM
    Are you still taking people for this game? It looks very fun! For a character, usually I like working for someone, as I like loyalty/ dedication, or having someone working for me. Just a fan of that kind of dynamic.
    Indeed I am. Actively seek people, actually. As for working somebody, again, working around the castle might work. Guard. Servant. Advisor.

If y'all have ideas of your own, I'm happy to hear them.

Vaulera

Uh, maybe Sussurus and I can try and work something out. We both kind of want the same thing, so maybe it would be prudent to coordinate, but I dunno!

Sussurus

I'd be interested! I'll PM you so we don't clutter up the thread. :)

Ember Star

Sussurus

Ember Star

Vaulera

Uh, is it alright to be nobility, or is that out of bounds?

Ember Star

Quote from: Vaulera on December 15, 2013, 11:03:24 PM
    Uh, is it alright to be nobility, or is that out of bounds?
    Depends on what sort. Being related to the queen or something like that is certainly out of bounds. But you could be nobility from another land. Or a Knight for the kingdom.

Vaulera

Yeah, that's more what I was thinking. A visitor to the court, not an heir to the throne. Just some high-brow, fancy nobility type come to a foreign court to learn different things.

Ember Star

Quote from: Vaulera on December 15, 2013, 11:07:06 PM
    Yeah, that's more what I was thinking. A visitor to the court, not an heir to the throne. Just some high-brow, fancy nobility type come to a foreign court to learn different things.
    Yes. That's fine. We actually already have something similar to that, Famine's dragon character is a queen there to learn of other lands.

Vaulera

Name: Liliana Astrada
    Alias: Cinder
    Race: Moon Fae (Moon Elf)

Orientation: Bisexual

Weapon: Heirloom Rune-Blade

Powers:
    Liliana has a very practiced and controlled ability to manipulate the natural elements of her body into devastation evocations. Currently she has a mastery over fire and electricity, and has minor control over wind, ice and force. Iron, acid and earth are completely unrefined, and incredibly hazardous to use. The advantages of this visceral evocation are the speed and ease of use, but even when done properly, there are horrible side effects.

Abilities:
    Liliana has a great and extensive knowledge and practice with sword-play, necessary, considering the harm that one can do to themselves by channeling their different physical functions into magic. With her noble upbringing, Liliana also learned a great deal of etiquette and formal education from various tutors.

Appearance:
    For a Moon Fae, Liliana has some very classical traits and some very unorthodox traits. Of the traits more common to Moon Fae, Liliana possessed extremely pale skin, classically beautiful features with high cheekbones, almond shaped eyes and full lips. Her more unorthodox traits have to do with both natural gifts and her sense of fashion. Physically speaking, cobalt eyes are a rarity for any race, and her figure is uncommonly full for any of the more Fae races; commonly known for having extremely thin bodies. The other physical feature that makes her strange is her height, and her black hair. Almost every Moon Fae possesses some form of blonde, silver or light copper hair; with black being an extreme rarity. As for her fashion sense; it is neither terribly proper for her social status nor very common. Liliana loves her strange leggings, and loves wearing dark colours even more. She wears a rich colour on her lips and an incredibly dark one for her eyeshadow, making the contrast between her pale skin and her eyes seem jarring and exotic. Liliana, as a rule, usually never wears anything that restricts movements, so finding her in a dress is rare and usually unwilling. For common wear, she usually adorns a waist length jerkin with supple leather and silk skirts that flare behind her, and don't impede her walking. Her hair is either in a warrior's tail, clasped with a weighted iron ball and spike, or out in a styled mane.

Full Sized Image

History:
    The kingdom controlled by the Moon Fae is more akin to a small barony, but containing its own unique culture. Moon Fae are direct relatives to their elf cousins, and share many of the same traits as them, but hold their own distinct physical characteristics, and hold their own distinct form of magic. The Moon Fae operate on a Caste system, with distinctly different groups, each marked with a different tattoo, save for the nobility. The different basic professions you could be born in to would be a Noble, a Warrior, an Artisan, a servant or a Farmer. The prestige of these is in order, and ignoring the distinct sub-categories. The only social class free of tattoos are the nobility. Liliana herself is a member of the royal household, the youngest daughter of four, with no males. As the stigmas that exist towards genders for some don't hold the same weight in the kingdom of the Moon Fae, Liliana is being groomed as the military leader of her family. In her homeland, she was trained in mastery over blade, strategy and military convention, often training with the retinue of warriors of the warrior caste that were born and marked as her own.

Of Liliana herself, she was raised as the princess of the least social consequence of her sisters. As the last in line, she would not learn of religion, courtly matters, embroidery or other princess-like crafts. As the youngest, she had the least to inherit, but as her mother died shortly after her birth, she would fill the role of the absent sons. All of the warrior caste born for the next decade after her were dedicated as her own soldiers, and her years with them bred in the trademark undying loyalty of the Moon Fae warrior caste. This loyalty to her and only her created a great divide between her and her oldest sister Alta. Alta was in line to inherit the largest amount, and the crown, but the warrior castes being loyal to Liliana created a massive divide in power. The majority of military power rested with Liliana, whereas most of the political power rested with Alta. Though Liliana was still relatively young, her father made the decision to send her to the courts of the Indigo city. His supposed reasons were to 'forge friendships' and 'determine future alliances'. Neatly placing the rough-going youngest sister out of the way of both the political intrigue and inter-sibling strife that she was so bad at handling. Of course, they didn't leave her alone. Alone she could cause more trouble than the solution would fix.

Ember Star

Wrong thread, Hun. Post her in the character thread, please. But take the height and width codes out of the img code before you do, please.

Vaulera

Woops! Correcting. The sleepy mind doesn't think straight. Just briefly saw Khrystals and shall we say leaped to a conclusion.

Ember Star

No worries. Just remember to remove the height and width out of your img code so the picture appears normally. You don't need the height and width with the resized pic I gave you anyhow. Kinda makes it looks stretchy like a rubber band :p

You should go stop by the OOC and say hi to the others, too.

Vaulera

Haha, true. I shoved it in there to resize the original image. Sorta just looks weird with the edited shot. I'm also putting a pet in there, because I just saw that part now. And yes indeed, I think I will say hello.

Darkmoon

I would like to introduce an evil character, motivated to gradually bend innocent souls to his service through hypnosis and enchantment. His goal would be a gradual rise to power and control over the Indigo Kingdom, and naturally, he would be a character that I would have no problem allowing to be killed off given how hostile his intentions are. His motivations would be corruption and collection of beauty, and the gaining the living and non-living treasures of the Kingdom for himself alone. Do you still have openings?

Ember Star

First off, there's always openings here! :D

Now, to address your idea. As interesting as that is, I have to say no to the evil character. As of now, I plan to NPC evil characters for plot devices and I don't want anymore more than that. Somewhat mischievous or grumpy characters, sure. But not outright evil characters right now.

I might allow something later on, but that's a long way down the line.

What that, you're welcome to join, just with a different idea.

bubby

When I get home in a week I'm going to send you a character idea!

Ember Star

Quote from: bubby on December 29, 2013, 08:59:34 PM
    When I get home in a week I'm going to send you a character idea!
    YAY! :) Can't wait to see it, Bubby!

Karasu

Highly Interested.. thusly expect a PM from me soon my dear GM.
    SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Ember Star

Karasu

Benen

Ember Star

bubby

I hope to be able to PM you my char some time today Ember.

bubby

Mossberg

Quote from: Ember Star on December 29, 2013, 10:18:25 AM
    I have to say no to the evil character. As of now, I plan to NPC evil characters for plot devices and I don't want anymore more than that. Somewhat mischievous or grumpy characters, sure. But not outright evil characters right now.

There may be a problem with my character if this still holds true. While he is not outright evil, he is a little insane and sometimes loses control of himself. I suppose that I could downplay that part, but in all honesty I'd rather not.
    "I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
    -Lews Therin Telamon

Ember Star

Quote from: Mossberg on January 18, 2014, 06:28:21 AM
    There may be a problem with my character if this still holds true. While he is not outright evil, he is a little insane and sometimes loses control of himself. I suppose that I could downplay that part, but in all honesty I'd rather not.
    I can deal with a little insane and lack of control (especially since I know you), as long as he's not "outright evil". With what the kingdom is suppose to be (a safe haven for magicals), it wouldn't really do to have a bunch of evil dictators running around killing people.

Outlaw Fallen

lol wait... Fallen has an uber dark side, himself, though he has yet to discover it at this point... although, if it does ever show itself, it is temporary so I don't think it would be a problem.
    "I fought the decisions that called and lost
    My mark has the relevant piece in this
    I will come reformed
    In short, for the murder of those I court
    I bless the hour that holds your fall
    I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
    A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Ember Star

Like I said before, there may br the possibility for more dark stuff down the road. But that's way down

Mossberg

My guy I'm planning on using has an alternate personality pretty much. In times of stress and especially in battle he  loses control and the other takes over. Sometimes. Depends on a couple things. What is the precedent for magical items and such?
    -Lews Therin Telamon

Ember Star

I allow magical items as long as they're reasonably powered, and listed in his profile.

Mossberg

I'll have everything listed when/if I submit him. There are no indestructible items I'm guessing?
    -Lews Therin Telamon

Ember Star

Mossberg

I figured as much. That will be all right. I'll try typing him up in a bit after I'm done working on a reply.
    -Lews Therin Telamon

ArtemisHighmore

Ember Star

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Chrystal

BeckyAnnn

Quote from: Chrystal on February 18, 2014, 03:05:13 PM
    Bump's botties with Becky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAfthQTqj24
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgnuNk2-YF4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfM3kMz-6c4

Three different versions, 1970s glam-rock (mimed live on Top Of The Pops), 1970s Disco and 1960s soul. Take your pick.

1960's soul, for sure.

Now here's one for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XELpxApT8Kc

Okay, I know it is not the bump but the questions remains.    *giggles

Chrystal

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on February 18, 2014, 03:18:08 PM
    1960's soul, for sure.

Now here's one for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XELpxApT8Kc

Okay, I know it is not the bump but the questions remains.    *giggles

Dayum, that's a blast from the past!

And the answer is, of course I do dear, come sit on my lap and spread your legs...

BeckyAnnn

Quote from: Chrystal on February 18, 2014, 03:32:06 PM
    Dayum, that's a blast from the past!

And the answer is, of course I do dear, come sit on my lap and spread your legs...

*wiggles and closes the blinds

Ember Star

Ember Star

Overdue for a bump.

I know the group seems a little dead right now, and truth be told, it is. However, I am up and at 'em again and am going to shake some activity into it. So please people, bring yourselves and your characters. I'll accept just about anything, and if you have any questions simply post them here or PM me.

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O

Karasu

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O

Ember Star

Quote from: Godric the Radical on May 05, 2014, 10:03:03 AM
    Hey can I come back?
    As I said in the PM, you can if you wish.
    Quote from: Karasu on May 05, 2014, 10:09:49 AM
    I'm still here Ember
    I know you are, sugar cube. Check the OOC, there's offers up for RP then and discussion of people getting started again.

EdwardShane

This group active as of right now?  I might have a character or few I can make if so...

Ember Star

Quote from: EdwardShane on May 05, 2014, 10:35:57 AM
    This group active as of right now?  I might have a character or few I can make if so...
    It's semi active. We are currently attempting to give it a good kick and get it really active again. Which means new characters and players would be more than welcomed! ^_^

EdwardShane

All righty then.  Lemme look through my character roster and decide who I wanna use, and I'll whip them up and zap them to you in a PM ^^

Ember Star

Ember Star

Time for a bump. Actively seeking new players. Looking to.get some in over the next three weeks before I start some group wide story lines.

Chrystal

Ember Star

ANNOUNCEMENT

We are fixing to have a series of events, starting with a battle tournament for characters, followed by a ball, then a mystery. Information regarding them can be found here, new players are encouraged to join in for the future fun.

Ember Star

Ember Star

If attention can be drawn to the top of the thread, I have completely redone it.

Ember Star

Chrystal

Ember Star

Announcement

With the Tournament drawing to a close, the next things in line are a big ball and a special story event to follow. We've lost several players recently and I hope to add a few before the ball begins. If interested in something specific and you are unsure, please feel free to ask here or in a PM.

TaurusBeresford

Yes!
    I've been looking for something very like this. I have to work tonight, but be sure I plan to create at least one character quickly and have ideas for a few unusual characters to add after. The first will be elven type, but my question for the future; are non-humanoid creatures allowed?
    I would give [you] the answer if I could, but I be a simple bull, and no bull anywhere has ever given a 'straight' answer!

The Tail of the Tauren

EdwardShane

Quote from: TaurusBeresford on October 22, 2014, 05:38:28 PM
    Yes!
    I've been looking for something very like this. I have to work tonight, but be sure I plan to create at least one character quickly and have ideas for a few unusual characters to add after. The first will be elven type, but my question for the future; are non-humanoid creatures allowed?

We at one point had someone playing a rakshasa, if that helps any  ^^

TaurusBeresford

I would give [you] the answer if I could, but I be a simple bull, and no bull anywhere has ever given a 'straight' answer!

The Tail of the Tauren

Ember Star

Quote from: TaurusBeresford on October 22, 2014, 05:51:23 PM
    Yes, indeed it does; planning for minotaurs.
    I will say this, I'd prefer not to get too out there after seeing some, frankly, poorly done characters that were essentially copied from a video game (the rakshasa and some others from the same player being the main culprits) that were in because at the time, I didn't realize they were from a game. However, a minotaur I am likely to allow, if its well done.

Chrystal

Just don't get too bull-headed about it, that's all...

*snerk*

TaurusBeresford

Lol. I prefer creating original characters. B)
    No cannon fodder for me. Lol.

The Tail of the Tauren