NWoD-Resident Evil interest check

Started by Miyu, August 27, 2011, 03:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyu

Good Morning America...this  its RCN with the latest news in.....ahhhh......what the fuck its happening....noooooooo. that was the last thing that went on the air the day of the infection, during the night a very bad virus spread through Racoon city like wildfire. Rats started spreading the infection to humans, which quickly the humans took a bite of other humans and in term infecting them too. In just a couple of hours most of the Racoon City was infected by the T-Virus. Now people wake up to their day, those who are unaware of what it's happening start dressing up like it's a normal day to work/school. Those who are outside have no idea what it's happening all around the place, people biting each other, children with their mouth's full of blood biting the neck out of their parent's. Racoon city turned from night to day to a place of sheer fear and terror. The city it's even worst, by now 75% of the city population it's infected and roaming around the streets. Now those who have no idea what it's going on wake up to go to another day of work/school, having no idea that the world as they know it will cease to exist.

OOC
Good day, I was wondering who would be interested in a Resident Evil roleplay with the World of Darkness character sheet. I find that in roleplays like this it's easy to god mod or power play and the system of NWoD I plan to put a stop to it. There will be no vampire, werewolf or anything like that I am just using the system of WoD to make the character unique so the only book you will need its the NWoD book. Let me know who it's interested so I can start making the rp.

Character thread- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=117613.msg5127283#msg5127283
Information thread- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=117593.msg5126642#new
In- Character thread-  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=117665.0#new
OOC- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=117670.0#new

Picture:
Name:
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiStart
Personality:
Weapons: (Think about this, a student cannot have a handgun. We are just starting the infection so please don't go overboard with this. I will be judging each character sheet and deciding if they will have the said weapons based on their bio and their character in general)
Limits:
Bio:

Ixy

That could be really fun.  However, are we talking about canon characters or our own inventions?  I like survival horror/zombie apocalypse, but can you tell us more?

Miyu

you can make a cannon character if you want but they are all human and no infected super humans with the virus. Basically it will take place after the first movie where the infection it's beginning to spread around Racoons city. Also I would not like all of you to be soldiers or people like that, please have some originality with the character since the system gives you a lot of room to being original. There will be different types of zombies, think of it as a mixture of Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Dawn of the dead, and other zombie games. I will make my own variations of zombies as well. So what do you think?

kobrakid92

I'm interested. I've always wanted to try my hand at a system game. Zombies just makes it even cooler.

Miyu

So we got two interest so far right? I think a couple of more and I can start working on it.

Miyu

To all those who are interested in this game, this is the skeleton I ask. Basic character sheet generation for the stats. Feel free to add stuff or make it pretty if you want to but that its the basic stuff that the char needs to have.

Picture:
Name:
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiStart
Personality:
Weapons: (Think about this, a student cannot have a handgun. We are just starting the infection so please don't go overboard with this. I will be judging each character sheet and deciding if they will have the said weapons based on their bio and their character in general)
Limits:
Bio:

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Miyu

you are more than welcomed to do so Starlequin.

Ixy

Can you please clarify likes and dislikes?  You mean sexually or personality?

Miyu

Black Howling

I have just got my things together, and am starting to have time for games again. This looks really cool, and uses my favorite system. I have a question though. How active will this game be? I can manage one a day, but if it moves quicker then that, I'm afraid I'll be left behind.

Miyu

It really depends on the players the activity. If you get behind we can always make you a npc and you will hang out with her ^^

Black Howling

Works for me. :-) I'm working on concepts now. It's hard to find good looking NWoD games, so I'm not looking forward to having one slip by me.

Miyu

LOL well hope you like it, please but Allies in your background of at least three so I can make your npc.

playfullchick76

I would be interested in being a part of this one. I've seen all the resident evil movies, and liked them.

Miyu

Welcome then, I will work on the information thread tonight. Please do the character sheet and post them here for approval.

Miyu

What do you intend to do for Allies? a single npc to hang out with you or a couple of npc that you can contact?. Also Resources it's not necessary due to the nature of the rp, money it's worthless if the world its ending. Also tell me what contacts does your character have, pm me the details of those stuff. You can also add flaws up until `10 points. Also did you put the fourth point on Athletics with the freebees? since you cannot add more than three on any abilities on character creation.

Ixy

What do you intend to do for Allies? I have no idea how any other backgrounds could be of use in this setting, honest to god
a single npc to hang out with you or a couple of npc that you can contact?  I was thinking maybe a safehouse she can call upon if need be?
Also Resources it's not necessary due to the nature of the rp money it's worthless if the world its ending.   I wasn't thinking about what would be useful, I was thinking about what she'd realistically have ( like a dorm room full of stuff) but I can update that to something more pertinent... maybe I can find a different background in the core book.
Also tell me what contacts does your character have, pm me the details of those stuff. Sure, once I get it worked out.
You can also add flaws up until `10 points. Thanks, will do.  I have the book here somewhere.
Also did you put the fourth point on Athletics with the freebees? Yes, and increased an attribute, and added willpower.  Did I do that right?
since you cannot add more than three on any abilities on character creation.  Yup.

Thanks for the opportunity

Miyu

okay then everything looks okay. Remember to pm me your contacts and your allies information when you have time ^^

kobrakid92

I'm going to have to drop my interest for now while I do some research on the NWod system since I'm not completely familiar with it. I shall return at a later time if possible.

Miyu

I can teach you everything you need to know, the system can be learned quite easily with help ^^

LittleKitten

Very interested but I do not know the system....is that ok?

Miyu

Sure it is, I can help you out if you need me to.

kobrakid92

I just need help with character creation. Like are there any special additions for Power, Finesse, and Resistance? Are there any other restrictions? Other than maxing out everything at level 1.

Miyu

The only real restriction are these:

Any Skills cannot be upgraded past three at character creation. When you get the bonus points or the flaws points you can upgrade them past that. Also think about the backgrounds, don't put Resources since it will not be something you will use, in terms of weaponry it really depends on your character don't go overboard with weapons. Backgrounds as skills cannot be taken over three at character creation, as I said with bonus points or flaw points you can keep putting them. Also you have up to ten flaws points to gather if you wish to.

kobrakid92

Ok, so nothing above three without bonus or flaw points. How do you get bonus or flaw points?

Miyu

You get 15 Bonus at the end of the character sheet creation process. The flaws its all depending on the flaw you take, each flaw gives you different points. If you want search online for "NWoD Flaw list"

kobrakid92

Alrighty then. Thanks for the help. I'll have my character sheet up asap. Also what do you want us to set our health, morality, and willpower at?

Miyu

Same as character sheet creation on the book, nothing its changed hehe

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=117593.msg5126642#new -info thread

5- Determine advantages, traits derived from your character's Attributes: Defense (the lowest of Dexterity
or Wits), Health (Stamina + Size), Initiative (Dexterity + Composure), Morality (7 for starting characters), Size
(5 for most humans), Speed (Strength + Dexterity +5), Willpower (Resolve + Composure).

Black Howling

Okay, this is starting to seem strange to me. I know New World of Darkness system rules very well. Are you using rules hacks from Mirrors that I don't know about, or is this included in some Eratta? It seems like Exalted character creation system spliced with WoD, and that sort of seems like what people have told me about OWoD...

I don't know old world at all, and don't own the books or anything. Hint? Is there something I overlooked in the first post, or am I just being a noob with the acronym?

Miyu

What do you mean? I am using the rules from the wod book I have so yea this is NWoD.

Black Howling

Quote from: Miyu on August 27, 2011, 11:40:11 PM
What do you mean? I am using the rules from the wod book I have so yea this is NWoD.
Bonus points, and flaws giving you extra freebies at character creation? Merits mentioned as backgrounds... That doesn't sound like the NWoD book I own. The way it's described is that flaws give you extra Exp in play if they come against you. The skills also aren't capped, and you have mentioned them as abilities.

I'm not trying to be problematic, I'm just confused. Does the book in the link look like your book? http://store.white-wolf.com/World-of-Darkness-Rulebook-P4978.aspx

If not, we're talking about different systems.

Miyu

oh yea hahaha I am mixing some stuff from the OWod in here. Bonus points are just extra xp I give out at character creation I always refer to them as Bonus points. I also like the flaw system, it will give you bonus xp to spend on your character sheet. Since this will not have any vampire, werewolf or stuff like that I made some changes to kinda make the character stand out more aka the flaws ^^

kobrakid92

Picture:
Name:Jamie Cassidy
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12715
Personality:Shy at first, loyal/protective, determined
Weapons: 12 gauge shotgun, 9mm pistol
Dislikes:Spiders, religion, selfishness, stubborn people
Limits:Scat, vore, vomiting
Bio: Jamie grew up being raised in a middle class family. His mother was a teacher and his father was a gun smith. When Jamie turned fifteen he got a part time job working with his father at the family owned gun shop. There Jamie learned how to fix guns, and even how to make homemade ammo.

Black Howling

Quote from: Miyu on August 27, 2011, 11:48:29 PM
oh yea hahaha I am mixing some stuff from the OWod in here. Bonus points are just extra xp I give out at character creation I always refer to them as Bonus points. I also like the flaw system, it will give you bonus xp to spend on your character sheet. Since this will not have any vampire, werewolf or stuff like that I made some changes to kinda make the character stand out more aka the flaws ^^
Gotcha. That makes sense. I'll check out the flaws, and the like. Sorry for being thick, just hadn't read about the changes yet. Not sure where I missed those. >_>

Anyway, I'll have the character done in the morning or later tonight. As is, I gotta go to bed. Thanks for explaining. I actually like straight up mortal games.

Miyu

No problemo glad that you understood ^^

Kobrakid- So far I see nothing wrong with the character, welcome. ^^

Starlequin

Finally finished...seems chargen always takes me forever, lol  ::)
Let me know how this fits...

Picture:

Name: Malcolm Mercer

Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12717

*note* I seem to have accidentally spent a point on Socializing, and I can't get rid of it. So if necessary, just ignore that point and count it as empty.

Personality: Easily bored, reckless, smart-ass, compassionate and highly protective toward those he cares for

Weapons: Short, sheathed hunting knife, small lockpick

Likes: Computers, photography, old films, rock-climbing, road trips, his bike
Dislikes: Early mornings, housekeeping, ungrateful people, his bike breaking down, his little sister's usual taste in boyfriends
Limits: Scat, kids, guro

Bio: Malcolm has been a gearhead almost since birth, and has recently taken over his father's garage after the old man retired. His little sister Jesse is about to finish her first year at the state university, and their parents have asked Malcolm to take a ride up north to check on her. There have been some weird reports on Raccoon's local news websites about animal attacks and missing persons, and it's been almost a week since they've heard from Jesse. Mal figures she's just gotten involved with another loser boyfriend, but since he's just finished rebuilding his trustworthy(?) old Softail, he's more than happy to take a little road trip.

Miyu

to remove a point that you spent wrong simply doubleclick it and it should disappear.  I notice that you say in your background that you have a little sister however in your character sheet you did not put allies or retainer, does that mean that you don't want her to live or what you have planned for your sister?. I think the character looks good, fix that  point and you are approved. Also your pic does not work, fix it.

Starlequin

Haha, was working on the pic when you posted, sorry. As for Jesse, I haven't decided yet, but Im leaning towards finding her either dead or missing, so she won't affect much.

And, I apparently can't doubleclick on my phone's  touchscreen; it will have to wait until I can take my laptop into town to fix the point.

Miyu

Ixy:

On checking your character sheet I was aware of something. The points don't add up in your physical attributes. You have four on Dex and Stamina. With only 15 experience points that I gave you there is no way you can raise both of them. Remember this is NWod so the table to spend those points given its different, here is the table.

Attribute New dots x 5
Skill New dots x 3
Skill Specialty 3 points
Merit New dots x 2
Morality New dots x 3

Edit: Thinking about it, it is possible in a way to do it. However you will need to take five points minimum in flaws in order to archive that. Get five points in flaws and you are good to go ^^

Cold Heritage

Picture:
Name: Chris Smith
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12718?message=true
Personality: Reserved, ready to die, but not as calm and collected as he would like others to believe.
Weapons: Club (wood) [it's like a 2x4 or table leg or something he loots when stuff goes haywire]
Dislikes: Atheists, rich people, cucumbers
Limits: Gore, vore, human waste, being penetrated, lactation
Bio: Chris grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, and never got away from them. A high school drop-out, Chris spends his time playing pool and starting shit in bad places and with bad people. A punk, a petty thug, Chris has a criminal record and did time for assault, theft, and crimes of that nature.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Miyu

Approved- Two links placed on first post.

Muse

Picture:  http://images.zap2it.com/images/celeb-70324/carmen-electra.jpg
Name:  Kara Wooten
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12720?message=true
Personality:  An artsy tomboy, she loves nothing more than to play pants rolls in Shakespeare, especially Tibalt in Romeo and Juliet. 
Weapons: Rapier
Limits:
Bio: 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ixy

I tried to update my character today with the book in hand... wow, I had forgotten some changes.  I don't see where mortals get freebie points, so that reduces the possibility of any skill being above 3, I forgot we have 7 points of merits and that backgrounds no longer exist, and I forgot that flaws aren't assigned point values like they are in live-action; they're just selected, then provide bonus XP if they come up in game.  So I axed down the attributes and skills to baseline only.

Since the flaws aren't assigned point values in the WoD core book, can you tell me where to look for them?  Thanks!

Miyu

Ixy

Thanks, I withdraw my interest in the game.  Good luck guys, enjoy the game!

Black Howling

I'm afraid I might have to go the same route Ixy has. The mixing of the two systems for character creation has me uncomfortable. You guys have fun, and best of luck! It still looks great. :-)

Miyu

awwwww, Have fun both of you I guess ^^

Miyu

Miyu

Name: Jessica Johnson
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12733?message=true
Personality: She is a woman that its sure of herself, she does not like being made fun of or people who underestimate her. She always try to see things for the scientific point rather than the religious points. Having no faith she is the woman that relies on science in order to get her through the day.
Weapons: N/A
Likes: Science, Classical Music, Good Food, Sex, Relaxation
Dislikes: Chaos, rude people,  Gross stuff.
Limits: Scat,Gore,Vore,Bestiality
Bio:
She was born in Seattle, she was always a very smart woman and always get straight A's in school. Her parents being scientist with a very famous corporation around the world Umbrella. She was raised into science and her family thought her everything she needed to know ever since little. Once her parents died and she finished university she started working with the Umbrella corporation on their bio-weapons division. She always felt that doing the virus was a wrong thing to do, and she experience the outbreak first hand and she survived through a lot in the first hours of the infection.