[Game Full] Dark Hersey

Started by TheKhan, January 21, 2012, 12:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKhan

Quote from: Cold Heritage on January 23, 2012, 01:20:13 AM
Is the Wandering Conclave something that's from one of the Dark Heresy books? I'm looking through the core and I don't see it, but it's kind of late and I don't want to press ahead with the wrong info.

Nope, that's 100% me.

Cold Heritage

Okay, I think I've covered all the bases here too.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character Name: Arl
Home World: Feral World
Career Path: Guardsman
Rank Path:

Build: Strapping
Height: 120kg
Weight: 2.1m
Skin color: White
Hair color: Blond
Eye color: Blue

Quirks: Thick Jaw; Warrior's Death superstition
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Partner Preferences: A thick woman with a large backside and large breasts
Personality: Supine
Imperial Divination: “The only true fear is of dying with your duty not done.”
Ordo of Interest: Hereticus

Characteristic Scores:
WS 40
BS 40
S 50
T 45
Ag 30
Int 20
Per 20
WP 25
Fel 15

Wounds and Fate Points: 19 wounds; 1 fate point

Insanity and Corruption: 0 insanity; 0 corruption

Skills: Speak Language (Low Gothic, Int), Drive (Ground Vehicles, Ag)

Talents:

Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Pistol Training (Las)
Basic Weapon Training (Las, SP)
Sound Constitutionx3

Homeworld Traits: Iron Stomach (+10 bonus to Carouse made to resist the effects of ingested toxins, poison, or tainted foods; applies to Tests to consume unusual or unpleasant meals and tests to resist throwing up); Primitive (-10 penalty on Tech-Use and on Fellowship tests in formal or civilised surroundings); Rite of Passage (spend a Full Action to make an Intelligence test to staunch blood. On a success, the bleeding stops); Wilderness Savvy (Navigation [Surface, Int], Survival [Int], and Tracking [Int] count as basic skills).

Equipment:

Axe
1d10+SB R Pen 2 \ Unbalanced \ 4kg \ Mono

Laspistol
1d10 + 2 E Pen 0 \ 30m \ S/-/- \ Clip 30 \ Reload Full \ Reliable \ 1.5kg

Lasgun
1d10 + 3 E Pen 0 \ 100m \ S/3/- \ Clip 60 (30) \ Reload Full \ Reliable \ 4kg \ Overcharge Pack

Shotgun
1d10 + 4 I Pen 0 \ 30m \ S/-/- \ Clip 2 \ Reload 2Full \ Scatter, Reliable \ 5kg

Frag Grenade x 1
2d10 X Pen 0 \ SB x 3 \ Blast (4) \ 0.5kg

Guard Flak Armour
AP 4 All \ 11kg

Uniform

1 week corpse starch rations

1 Charge Pack (basic)

Charm

Psychic Discipline and rank (Psyker only): n/a

Experience Spent:
Sound Constitution x3 (100xp each)
Simple Strength Advance (100xp)

What will you sacrifice?

Arl will sacrifice everything in the name of the Emperor.

What do you desire?

To die unashamed, spending his life in the Emperor's name.

What do you hate?

Heretics. Specifically those who choose to turn away from the Emperor.

I’d also like you do include the following three pieces of information.

Three rumors you’ve heard about an Inquisitor(s) of the Wandering Conclave.
- Inquisitor Eisen is always seen stroking a small metal box and looking furtively to the void. They say the box is a switch that will summon a ship bearing an Eversor assassin, and the switch will trigger upon the Inquisitor's death.

- Inquisitor Thrax is an enemy of the Space Wolves.

- Inquisitor Thrax is at fault in his feud with the Space Wolves; he impugned their honour and called down a bombardment that saw many of the Angels of Death slain unnecessarily.

Two possible traits you’d like to see in the Inquisitor who chooses you as Proven Acolytes.
- The Inquisitor's honour is unassailable in its purity. None can find him wanting.

- The Inquisitor's faith is like a brand against the darkness; in his presence, the daemon cower.

One unsolved case or mystery that ties into the character’s history that they insist on pursuing.
- Although he would never bring it up and put it before doing the Emperor's work, it is a curiousity that Arl is blond haired, blue eyed, and fair while the people of his homeworld are nigh-uniformly bronze of skin, red haired, and green-eyed. And just how did he come to possess a charm that reads 'Arlington von Tankensteiner' in High Gothic, clearly something beyond the means of a Feral World to produce, and yet, an object he has owned his entire life?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Aoife

Cold, you're missing a couple things:

Skill choice:

Drive Ground Vehicle or Swim

Talent Choice:

Basic Weapon Training (SP) or Basic Weapon Training (Primitive)

Also as a secondary suggestion, your guardsman, while strong and tough, has no capabilities in ANYTHING.  What this means is you're effectively going to be standing around bored for about 80% of game time, as DH isn't really a super combat-centric type of game. Plus, you're INCREDIBLY suggestible to any sort of influence. An average person could claim the sky is made of candy and you'd believe them.

Aoife

Mia, your sheet is fine!

Just note that Awareness is a Skill, not a Talent ;)

MiaKage

Fixed! Thanks for letting me know  :P

I've never played DH before, though I do have the Players Handbook  :P  Would a Psyker be more usefull than a Guardsman? I wouldn't mind changing if it comes down to me just standing around kicking rocks till shootouts happen.
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

Aoife

If you've never played before, a Psyker is probably one of the worst possible choices (very likely to die unless properly managed, and there's an entire chapter dedicated to explaining the TONS of options).

Good 'starting' characters are the Arbitrator (tough and good at investigating), the Scum (good at fast-talking, double-dealing, and general investigation), and the Guardsman (decent, but not really much use out of combat).

If you want a little bit of a challenge, an Adept (super smart investigator with lots of know-how) or a Tech-Priest (technologically minded individual that, at later levels, is basically immune to death).

The Cleric and Assassin are both quite handy, but they are somewhat gimmicky. The Assassin does a lot of damage but dies to a stiff breeze, and the Cleric is a combination of speaker and damage dealer - again tending towards being fragile.

I'm actually glossing over the eighth class, the Sister of Battle, because its basically the equivalent of a D&D Paladin.  Very tough and good at combat (think super guardsman), but bound by an incredibly strict moral code that doesn't mesh well with most player groups (who tend to end up doing unsavory things against this code).

Hope that helps!

MiaKage

well, never played, but not new to the setting, and I've gone over the Psyker class a lot. They seem to be very usefull, and I'd rather be able to do more than just combat, hehe.

What book has Sister's of Battle in it? I didn't realize they were playable.
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Aoife

That'd be the Inquisitor's Handbook (Although Blood of Martyr's has a very unpopular version as it starts with some of the best equipment in the game).

By and large, any class but the Guardsman (all combat) and the Adept (all investigation) can do a bit of everything.  A Psyker is the ultimate toolbox/broken character, but will probably explode and take half of the party with them if you're not incredibly careful.

kongming

Hrm. I'm not exactly a fan of 40k (indeed the wargame is awful and generally the setting is... a parody), but I am a fan of Sisters of Battle. Because of the implied-lesbianism bondage nuns aspect, of course.

Now you said you glossed over it and they're considered problematic because of their strict moral code. Does that specifically mean they wouldn't work for this game?

Because if I could play a Battle Sister (BoM version, the Handbook version is not an Adepta Sororitas, it's a Schola Progenum initiate who's in House Sororitas, looking at one day graduating to be a Sister), then I would totally be in all the way.

If not, then never mind (and good luck - DH games have seriously bad luck on Elliquiy!)
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

MiaKage

Are they really broken? I just thought it'd be fun to play a psyker, being a little odd. If I ration my use of powers, would it be alright to play one? Since I know how dangerous it is to be one (the whole summon a daemon or 'become' a daemon thing) and how about one of the other acolytes be sorta caretaker? telling me when it would be alright to use my powers? or something along those lines?
On/Off

kongming

Psykers generally aren't broken in the sense of being too powerful, they're broken in the sense that sometimes the game can instantly end because of a bad Perils roll. Now, that's fairly rare, but it's happened enough times in games that, what with stories spreading over the Internet, everyone is aware the risk exists.

Also, they're one of the few career paths that gets straight-up upgrades in power as it advances (higher-level psychic powers, basically) and gains unique things (unlike most Talents, you pretty much can only have psychic powers by being a psyker). [Though that one isn't a problem with the Psyker, it's a problem with the Scum, Arbiter, Guardsman, Priest and Adept]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Aoife

Well, I'm not running the game, I just know WAY too much about it.

Quote from: kongming on January 23, 2012, 03:46:45 AM
Now you said you glossed over it and they're considered problematic because of their strict moral code. Does that specifically mean they wouldn't work for this game?

Because if I could play a Battle Sister (BoM version, the Handbook version is not an Adepta Sororitas, it's a Schola Progenum initiate who's in House Sororitas, looking at one day graduating to be a Sister), then I would totally be in all the way.

Basically, you can't have a party with a Sister of Battle and a Psyker in it.  The entire job of the SoB is the murder and castigation of Psykers.  On top of that, Sisters won't consort with any unsavory individuals (aliens, rogue psykers, or heretics) in the interest of nabbing a bigger prize.  Their whole ethos is against playing the waiting game.

Sisters work, from my experience, only when the person playing them plays a non-battle sister.  That means digging into the Ordo Hospitaller or the Ordo Famulous (or even the Ordo Dialogus or Pronatus).  Battle sisters are VERY annoying to work around outside of pure SoB themed games.

And I'd directly argue with you on the IH version of the Sororitas.  They are simply religiously indoctrinated fighting troops with fancy equipment.  IH represents this in the sense that the Ecclesiarchy may lend the Holy Ordos their personnel, but not the rare and religiously maintained suits of armor and blessed arms.  A starting Sororitas character isn't even a Sister yet (still a Novice).  Likewise, Faith is only demonstrated among the elite echelons, and never individually (always as a group).  Having single Sisters become Psyker-lite all over the place is simply strange, and no effort was made to balance the class with any other starting equivalent.

An alternative is a Sister of Silence, which has a phenomenal fan supplement floating out on the web. AWESOME class, and surprisingly well balanced for a fan publication.  Kind of the same theme overall as well.

http://www.4shared.com/office/oQa3dgqB/Dark_Heresy_-_Sisters_of_Silen.html

Psykers are broken if you go all out and simply pool everything into your powers.  Starting at about Psy Rating 3 (roughly six or seven sessions in) you start getting access to real powers, which can fundamentally alter the game in a bunch of crazy fashions.  If you're reasonable with power usage and general play style, they're actually a rather fun class - just prone to horrendous death either at their own hands or their foes. You also have to deal with the fact that most people consider you a necessary evil at best, if not outright want to murder you on sight or if you so much as twitch incorrectly (Sisters, for instance).

MiaKage

Well, I guess it comes down to: Can I play a Psyker? I promise I wont summon daemons or explode or anything!  O:)

I mainly wanna play one for their ability to sense psychic residue and some of the lore options they get early on. Also, I'm not into the whole meta game min maxing thing. I'll be more reasonable with my power usage and what I choose.

If it's too dangerous to play one, I'll be happy with Guardsman.   ;D
On/Off

Aoife

Again, I'm not running he game.  For what it's worth, I'd be happy to help you out with the character both IC and OOC.  The only important thing is noting whether or not you'll have FUN playing a Psyker.  I think yes, but it could be very disappointing if something goes wrong. At any event, it'll be much more interesting than running a Guardsman (the vanilla character).

MiaKage

Help is always appreciated  ;D

If something does go wrong I wont be disappointed, I know the risks of playing one, and the world in which the game is set in is already wrought with dangers. The only thing is I'd feel bad if I ended up killing everyone else. I've got my character built already and if I get the ok, will post her ^_^
On/Off

kongming

Quote from: Aoife on January 23, 2012, 04:11:07 AM
Basically, you can't have a party with a Sister of Battle and a Psyker in it.

I guess that part is true, and to avoid conflict, even if I was told "Sure, you can be a Sister", MiaKage should be allowed to be a psyker instead. So I'll bow out and make a ruling unnecessary.

QuoteBattle sisters are VERY annoying to work around outside of pure SoB themed games.

There really does need to be a system just for playing Adepta Sororitas. Other than the one I created, I mean. An official one, as GW vomiting their logo on it is the only way anyone ever pays attention to stuff.

QuoteAnd I'd directly argue with you on the IH version of the Sororitas.

Bring it on. Arguing on the Internet is something I'm very experienced in. The fact is that part and parcel of being a Sister of Battle, even a Standard Sister, is:
*Faith (indeed, now they're actually better at it when there are fewer of them (taking casualties), though a VSS does also make them better at it
*The power armour and bolter (note that in the most recent "codex", there are Hospitalers and Dialogus, and they have Power Armour and a Bolt Pistol)

To be any less than this is to not actually be a Sister of Battle. Even when they go off on fetch quests for priests (see: Faith and Fire) they have their wargear.

QuoteA starting Sororitas character isn't even a Sister yet (still a Novice).

Which is rather my point: they're still just schoolgirls. Now sure, I'm working on a "Battle-and-Bondage High School" system, and converting it to "Schola Progenum" would be super easy, but that's just the thing: that's a game for the schoolgirls. DH has Arbiters (who also go to the Schola) playable out the door. It's weird that one playable character would have graduated from the exact same school that another playable, who entered the school in the same year and age, has not.

As for balance, there is the fact that they are denied a lot of skills, and in DH, most skills are "If you don't have it, you can't do it" (indeed, with halving a stat that is likely to be ~30 for untrained skills, it's realistic to say you can't successfully use any skill you don't have). In investigative games, that should really make up the difference, and if purely investigative, or with combat as an afterthought, the whole "Has power armour and a bolter" can really be seen as a flavour thing. The relevant stuff is that which influences the game itself.

And needless to say, Sisters of Silence are awesome (even before reading the link), but they too wouldn't be able to play with Psykers, given what they are.

So anyway, I'll bow out. Though if Aoife wants to continue arguing with me (and I use the term in the "Civil debate where people try to persuade each other of their points of view" way, as we've been doing, not "Insults and accusations of being a Nazi"), I do extend the invitation to argue via PM.

Again I honestly wish the game better luck than other DH games here - may it run for a long, fun campaign like the tabletop ones tend to do.

Ons/Offs:

Aoife

Thanks for the well wishes for the campaign, and I'd love to have a discussion via PM.  I'm not much into name calling anyway (although I might call someone rude here and there ;) )

Mia, why not post the sheet?  Just say you've changed your mind :)

MiaKage

Alrighty! Let me know what you think  :-)

Character Name: Lyra
Home World: Hive Sibellus
Career Path: Psyker
Rank Path:

Build: Scrawny
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 110lb
Skin color: Fair
Hair color: White
Eye color: Grey

Personality: Odd...

Quirks: Nervous tick
Sexuality: Bi-Sexual
Partner Preferences: None
Imperial Divination: "In the darkness, follow the light

of Terra."
Ordo of Interest: Hereticus

Background: Not much to say for Lyra's past. She grew up in the hives of Sibellus, at a young age she began to show signs of psychic ability. It wasn't long before the Black Ships came and she was taken away to be sanctioned. Once she had completed her training and began to understand and controle her power, she was sent to the Inquisition to be teamed with other Acolytes, to do the bidding of the Emperor.

Characteristic Scores:

WS: 20
BS: 40 
S: 20
T: 25   
AG: 30   
Int: 40 
Per: 40 
WP: 48
Fel: 25

Wounds: 10
Fate Points: 2
Insanity: 3
Corruption: 0

Skills:

Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Speak Language (Hive Dialect)
Psyniscience
Invocation
Trade (Merchant)
Literacy
Forbidden Lore (Warp)
Scholastic Lore (Occult)
Minor Psychic Power

Psychic Powers:
Healer
Sense Presence
Spasm

Talents:
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Pistol Training (Las)
Psy Rating 1
Accustomed to Crowds:Hivers grow up surrounded by immense herds of humanity. They are used to weaving through even the densest mod with ease. Cwods do not count as Difficult Terrain for hivers, and when running or charging through a dense crowd, hivers take no penalty to the Agility Test to keep their feet.
Caves of Steel:To a hiver, surrounded at all times by metal, machinery and industry, the arcane mysteries of technology are not so strange. Hivers treat the Tech-Use skill as a basic skill.
Hivebound:Hivers seldom endure the horrors of the open sky or the indignity of the great outdoors. Hivers take a - 10 penalty to all survival tests, and while out of "proper hab" the hiver takes a -5 penalty to all intelligence tests.
Wary:Hivers are constantly alert for the first hint of trouble, be it a gang shoot-out, hab riot, or hivequake.
Sanctioning Side Effects:
The horror-the horror: Your hair is pure white, you occasionally gibber quietly to yourself and you endure terrible nightmares every night.

Equipment:
Sword
Staff
Compact Las Pistol 1 charge pack
Knife(Psykana Mercy Blade)
Quilted Vest
Tatty Robe (Poor Quality)
Psy-Focus
Sanctioning Brad

What will you sacrifice? Everything
What do you desire? Freedom from her psychic bonds
What do you hate? The thought of never seeing home

again.

(Rumours overheard by other Acolytes, before they

vanished.)
"I don't know that much about the Inquisition...but I heard," Pauses and looks around, then leans in and whispers "They do experiements that could be considered boarderline heresy!"

"From what I hear, Metalus executed his entire retinue for heresy! Apparently they refused to execute a young lad who had shown signs of being a psyker."

"You didn't hear this from me...but...Inquisitor Quintilla is under investigation. It seems some beleive her last run in with the forces of Chaos have comprimised her."

Bravery, stories of their bravery precedes them.

Unrelenting, never giving up even in the face of defeat.

What had happened to her family after her abduction.
On/Off

Aoife

If I can recommend anything, perhaps switch Deja vu with Healer. It's one of the powers (like Spasm) that are always insanely useful, as otherwise healing takes a very long time.

MiaKage

I actually switched Healer out for Sense Presence, hehe. I figured I'd pick up Healer after I ranked up or something, when it would probably be more useful, but I fixed it anyways! Deja vu will just have to wait, hehe
On/Off

Aoife

Well, I think everything looks fine.  Make sure to really read up on the rules for manifesting and developing powers, and you should be just fine :)

Aybara

Jon Lee is a low down scion of the Lee Rogue Trader Dynasty, this has still afforded him some measure of wealth well beyond those of the average Imperial Citizen but nothing compared to the likes of wealth his distant cousin Rogue Trader Sun Lee spends on a regular basis. Jon's brothers and sisters have all been trained to work and aid the growth of the dynasty and it is sure that if it weren't for a twist of fate Jon would be an officer on one of the Dynasty's vessels or working as an administrator to one of it's many holdings whether they be in the Calixis Sector or Koronus Expanse. Jon was born on the Feast of the Emperor's Ascension while Bishop Juliet Constantine was traveling with the ship, she managed to convince his parents that he should be sent to work in the Ministorum when he grows up and so it was the decision was made albeit some what grudgingly by his parents. Because of many of his cousins first hand legal experiences in the Expanse in dealing with Xenos peacefully the idea of non violent interaction with Xenos is not lost on him however he has never met an alien and will ere on violence unless given reason not to.
Having learned fencing from a young age he is quite skilled with a blade. He regularly walks around with a hardened body glove beneath his robes in case of assasins, which for a man of such low standing in his family might be a little paranoid. On his thirtieth birthday his family sent him a bolt pistol which he displays proudly at his hip as a sure sign of his status and wealth however he doesn't even keep it loaded normally as his skill with the pistol is some what... lacking.

I'm still coming up with a few bits for the characters background and will add later.
I do have a question to the GM if he finds the character acceptable, could I pick Peer Rogue Trader as my bonus Peer instead of Peer Merchant etc, I was just thinking the name might carry weight... though they might start wondering then if Lucia and Jon are in secret negotiations between the Fel and Lee Dynasties!

Character Name: Jon Lee
Home World: Noble Born
Career Path: Cleric
Rank Path: Novice

Build: Well Built
Height: 5'4''
Weight: 180lb
Skin color: Tanned
Hair color: Blonde, Curly
Eye color: Blue

Quirks: Aquila branding on upper right shoulder
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Partner Preferences: No strong preferences, we'll see what RP brings up
Personality: Gregarious
Imperial Divination: Be a boon to your brothers and a bane to your enemies.
Roll Result: Aybara rolled: 1d100
Comment: Clerics imperial divination
Result: 64,
Total: 64
Ordo of Interest: Xenos

Characteristic Scores:
WS 35
BS 20
STR 30
T 30
AGI 30
INT 30
WP 40
FEL 43
PER 30
Wounds and Fate Points: W 11 (8+3
Roll Result: Aybara rolled: 1d10
Comment: Clerics starting wounds d5
Result: 6,
Total: 6
, FP 3
Roll Result: Aybara rolled: 1d10
Comment: Clerics rolling for fate points
Result: 9,
Total: 9, Also Blessed Birth +1FP
Insanity and Corruption: 0,0
Skills: Literacy*, SL High Gothic, SL Low Gothic*, CL Imperial Creed, Performer Singer, Trade Cook, Inquiry, Awareness
Talents: Peer Noble, Peer Merchant, MWT Primitive, PWT Solid Projectile, TWT Primitive,
Traits: Etiquette, Vendetta, Wealth
Equipment: BQ Mono Sword, Bolt Pistol, Hardened Body Glove, Mesh Cowl, Aquila Necklace, Ecclesiarchy Clothes, Charm, Backpack
Roll Result: Aybara rolled: 5d10
Comment: Clerics starting money +300 and then doubled
Result: 9, 5, 2, 5, 7,
Total: 28... So that's 656 Thrones
Thrones, 84

What will you sacrifice? His life, not his families dynasty
What do you desire? To cleanse those corrupted by Xenos Taint
What do you hate? Xenos who try to corrupt the Servants of the Emperor

Three rumors you’ve heard about an Inquisitor(s) of the Wandering Conclave.
-One of the Inquisitors is a member of something called The Order of the Sicarius (Misheard, the Inquisitor has some Ordo Sicarius Training)
-One of the Inquisitors is concerned as his/her most trusted acolyte has disappeared on a routine mission, possibly of their own design.
-One of the Ordo Xenos Inquisitors was a former member of the Landrian Militia in the ongoing Margin Crusade, originally from Land Under they are loath to use ranged weapons.

Two possible traits you’d like to see in the Inquisitor who chooses you as Proven Acolytes.
- It'd be interesting if the Inquisitor was a member of the Xeno Hibris faction, leading to adventures working along side some Xenos. Disciple of the Dark gods has these guys, they'll work with Xenos and feel it is the only way for man kind to survive, of course they'll always steal xeno tech too if they want to reverse engineer it.
- Allows a good degree of autonomy and independence during missions but will raise any questionable choices after the mission, I don't want to have to handle

One unsolved case or mystery that ties into the character’s history that they insist on pursuing.
- Chartist Captain Genevieve Phillips, an old friend of the Lee Dynasty went missing some time ago on a routine journey between Scintilla and the Lathes. She and her ship have been missing for four years, perhaps it was the whims of the warp or perhaps something foul is at work.

XP Spent: Blessed Birth, WP, Inquiry and Awareness

Aoife I was wondering how you got two background package, Hive Gang Member and Proven Innocence? A dispensation from the GM, if it's something I missed above sorry I just thought that you could only have one?

Aoife

Background packages need to have a conducive connection between the two, and can only be taken by spending starting experience, but are otherwise entirely acceptable. In this specific instance, I'm actually wasting xp on Hive gang Member (200 xp for Concealment).

Most of them either don't logically stack, or you won't have enough initial experience for the purchase (the limitation).

I can actually answer your question directly Ayb.  You select Peer Nobility and Peer - whatever your house is involved with.  As you're from a Rogue Trader family, naturally you'd have Peer (Rogue Trader).  The available selections are meant to serve as examples.

On a further note, welcome!  Hopefully you'll not be too incensed at our resident Psyker Mia ^^

Aybara

Bah I'm well used to astropaths, as long as she can send interstellar messages and is soul bound to the Emperor there'll be no problems... you are an over sized psychic radio right? Just kidding, he wont burn her at the stake, I don't think he'll have ever met a Sanctioned Psyker that wasn't an astropath and without FL Psykers he'll just assume she can and be a little confused if she can't. He's going to be fairly accepting of her as the Inquisition knows what it's doing as far as he is concerned however he wont react well if she tries to heal him with the warp born energies.

Kevben Battleheart

The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.