Fresh Marvel AU RP Interest Check! Seeking One More Female Character!

Started by Vergil Tanner, February 04, 2016, 05:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirian Eve

Oh that is lovely and that completely throws out M who I had in mind. I'll get back to the drawing board.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Vergil Tanner

*laughs* Sorry about that XD Bare in mind that the Archetypes are just that; general guidelines...so long as the character can be altered (since this is an AU) to fit that general kind of personality, you'll be perfectly fine to use them! If you want, we can offer you some suggestions as to examples of who might be able to fit that role....the trick is, The Wildcards are also the "Anti hero" group, more like X-Force or Red Hoods Outlaws than The Avengers or The Justice League, so the trick is finding somebody who fits that "win at all costs" mentality AND the "But I really love my friends!" XD

Personally, I'm still pulling for Black Cat. But I've been told by the group to stop pining after having her in the game, so I won't say it.

>.>
<.<
>.>

What, I just really like her character. XD

Ok, I'll stop talking now. :P Let us know if we can help you come up with a character! :D
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Sirian Eve

I would be happy to have some suggestions. :)

I'm thinking Danielle Moonstar, but I'll keep looking.

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm....Moonstar might be an issue, since she's generally depicted as being part of the X-Men and we've hit our X-Men limit for the time being, BUT we could probably swing it if we reduced the association with the X-Men in her past. It's up to you. :-)

Other candidates....let me see, off the top of my head, we have:

Black Cat ( :P )
Black Widow
Medusa or Crystal, possibly?
Tigra?
Marionette?
Omega Sentinel, perhaps?
Deathcry? Not much is known about her, so you'd have a certain artistic freedom. :-)
The female Ghost Rider COULD be an idea (her name escapes me currently), though I'm not sure how we'd swing her being in the team.
Hellcat (Patricia Walker) could also be a good option.
Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse) could also be an interesting choice.

Ummmm.....that's all I can think of off the top of my head, though I'm certain there are more you could pick from XD

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Sirian Eve

I think, I'm going to go for Echo. She looks interesting :)

Vergil Tanner

Ooooooh, that she does! And she possesses the same superpower as Taskmaster, which could prove amusing...go ahead and whip up a bio, and we'll see what Colour and I make of it! I look forward to seeing what you come up with :D

Also, if you need help coming up with a Faceclaim, let me know. I have about 300 possibilities in my Female Faceclaim Folder alone :P

Sirian Eve

Vergil Tanner

No problemo! :-) If you need any help whatsoever, let us know :-)

Sirian Eve

I've been looking for a good face claim. I'll let it be supreezy. :) If I need to add anything let me know!

== Character Bio ==

== Personal Information ==

Legal Name:  Maya Lopez
Alias: Echo
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Team Role: The Heart

== Physical Description / Clothing == Maya isn’t a person who likes to wear a lot of clothing, as in clothes made out of heavy fabric. She prefers light cottons or chiffon. Anything where she can move around easily. She stands about 5’6 and weighs 123 lb. Her eyes are a dark hazel color. Her hair stops just below her breast bone and is dark brown in color. She has a very lean body, light and flexible. When on a mission she generally wears war hand paint over her face.

== Personality == As a child she did not talk much. She preferred the use of her hands to express and communicate. When she got older and due to the fact that she is deaf that became her anchor. She’s very compassionate, opting to put others before herself as long as she was close to them. At first glance others may think her shy and reclusive. However she has a strong and sturdy nature rooted in her cultural traditions as a member of the Cheyenne tribe. Echo also prefers to observe everything before taking action.

== Key Skills ==

Powers: Echo can duplicate any physical action that she sees, ranging from musical performance and ballet to martial arts and weapon use. Echo is able to mimic the fighting styles of others much stronger than herself.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Echo_(Maya_Lopez)#ixzz44EjK7Edw

Skills: Maya Lopez is an Olympic-level athlete. Because of her superhuman powers, she is a highly talented pianist, music composer, artist, ballet dancer, boxer, martial artist, and markswoman. On one occasion piloted a Quinjet for a few minutes. She has also gained Bullseye's uncanny aim and Daredevil's acrobatic abilities after watching tapes of their fights. Maya is deaf. Her reliance on visual cues renders her vulnerable in the dark. Since she reads lips, she has difficulty communicating with people who are wearing masks or are not in direct visual contact.
Echo typically uses a pair of nunchakus and a standard katana blade. She has also used pistols and other weaponry in the past.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Echo_(Maya_Lopez)#ixzz44EjgAotY

Weaknesses: Maya relies heavily on reading lips to communicate since she is deaf.So Unless there is a psychic link she would have an issue communicating with someone who wore a mask or had their mouth covered.

== Character Background == Maya is the daughter of a Cheyenne Gangster. She never knew her mother and to her knowledge she has no siblings. Her father was heavily involved in organized crime. As a child that secret was kept from her and she just merely thought she was raised in a very affluent environment. Due to her ‘disability’ her father enrolled her into a prestigious private school for the less inclined. There what the teachers thought where giftedness, and they were, were actually her mutant powers coming to the surface. She easily picked up musical and art performance abilities that lead her to becoming child prodigy.

She grew into a gifted and talented young woman who can mimic any skill whether it be on the piano or while studying martial arts from a time when she became a serious Bruce Lee fan. One night her home had been invaded by masked criminal. Arrested upon the floor she witnessed the murder of her father as his head was blown smooth off right in front of her. It was then that all the lies began to surface and her life wasn’t what she thought it was. They left her alive in a pool of her father’s blood. Not bothering to hide the fact that they had been hired to kill her father. Maya had spent the next few years tracking down every person connected to her father’s death. During her course, she found that the deeper she dived into the the criminal under world, the more the lies began to surface. The person who sent the order for her father to be dispatched was a woman by the name of Candace Callingbull aka Crazy Horse.

She tracked Crazy horse to New York City. Candace was running an illegal weapons operation on behalf of man named Wilson Fisk, aka the Kingpin. The operation was intercepted by the blind hero called Daredevil. Candace managed to escape, but Echo cut her route to departure. She asked the woman why she had her father killed. The woman only replied that he was traitor and was getting ready to double deal in business. That answer wasn't good enough and being put away wasn't option for every criminal.  Echo was temporarily distracted by the Daredevil fight, which gave Candace enough time to pull a gun. Before the woman could fire she threw a blade into the woman's chest, killing her. It wasn't until later after following up on the Kingpin trail that she realized the woman she had killed was her mother. With that new revelation she fled the country to do some soul searching. Echo wanted to a new life.

During her time in South America she came across a representative of private organization she had never heard off. He told her he could help piece her life back together by balancing the blood on her hands. She wasn't sure on whether to trust him, but after much thought their agreement lead to her becoming a member of a team known only as the Wildcards.

== Character Extras == She loves to eat cherry ice cream while listening to Moonlight Sonata (the first song she ever played). Maya is also an accomplished ballerina and gymnast.

A hand print of her fathers blood was placedo n her face as a reminder not to cross the wrong side. So now she mimics the reminder whenever she goes into battle.

== Face Claim: == Barbra Mori

Theme Song:  Moonlight Sonata -Beethoven

Vergil Tanner

Only thing I can see is that one of the pictures hasn't linked properly and is kinda squiffing up the formatting. The rest of the pictures, we can Format and neaten up when we transfer it over...other than that, I'll have a chat with my Co-GM and get back to you ASAP :-) Looks good thus far to me, though! :D

Sirian Eve

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm....there's an awful lot of empty space at the bottom of your post...I wonder why that is? No matter, I'll figure it out when I eventually format it :P

Sirian Eve

??? Hmmm I don't know either???

Maybe I should delete those image codes I didn't use?

Vergil Tanner

That might help, yeah ;)

It did indeed! :P

I'll chat with Colour when I can and get back to you ASAP. If we don't have anything we'd like altered or expanded on, I'll take the code and post it in the Roster Thread for the Wildcards. Then we will get you the OOC and IC links that you need, and chat with you about how best to get her involved and into the game with as little faff as possible. :D

Sirian Eve

Vergil Tanner

Okey dokey! I don't see any immediate issues with the bio, so we're gonna approve her! I can't move her over and format and whatnot tonight since I'm going to bed, like, now, but I'll do it when I get time tomorrow. :-)

Although, her background looks a leeeeeetle sparse, so if you want to expand on it a little, you can do so while I catch some Z's. :P