Alternate Phrase Game

Started by Inkidu, November 24, 2008, 09:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Something I picked up from the Scene It games. You know, you take a phrase and find alternate words for it. The veridian 5280 feet (The Green Mile) but unlike Scene It it doesn't have to be just a movie. Try to pick something at least in the rational scope of common knowledge.

Okay, lets start.

Mandibles (He he. Should be easy)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

BigBuckBob

Jaws

PHrase:
Robust XX, vocalizes musically.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

MusicNeverDies

Fat lady sings?

Movie:
Unending radiance of the irreproachable psyche

Caity

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

I don't have an alternate phrase.. :p  Someone else go.

OwenNo6

Very well...

Adorn it in sable

;)
My On and Off list

My other on/off list

Let the Priests of the Raven of dawn, no longer in deadly black, with hoarse note curse the sons of joy. Nor his accepted brethren, whom tyrant, he calls free: lay the bound or build the roof. Nor pale religious letchery call that virginity, that wishes but acts not!

For every thing that lives is Holy.

Lilias

Paint It Black.

Coupling, evasions, and primitive recordings (movie)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Kurzyk

Sex, Lies and Videotape

Time period between day and night.

Inkidu

Quote from: Kurzyk on December 01, 2008, 11:57:40 AM
Sex, Lies and Videotape

Time period between day and night.
Twilight
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

OwenNo6

My On and Off list

My other on/off list

Let the Priests of the Raven of dawn, no longer in deadly black, with hoarse note curse the sons of joy. Nor his accepted brethren, whom tyrant, he calls free: lay the bound or build the roof. Nor pale religious letchery call that virginity, that wishes but acts not!

For every thing that lives is Holy.

Kangaroo

beverage which creates white mustache
People who bite the hand that feeds them, usually lick the boot that kicks them. ~Eric Hoffer

"There is a crack, a crack in everything; that's how the light gets in."   ~ Leonard Cohen

Kangaroo

spirit of evil adorned in couture garments
People who bite the hand that feeds them, usually lick the boot that kicks them. ~Eric Hoffer

"There is a crack, a crack in everything; that's how the light gets in."   ~ Leonard Cohen

Oniya

Devil with a blue dress on?

The design of combat.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kangaroo

Quote from: Oniya on December 31, 2008, 08:16:22 PM

The design of combat.
Not devil with a blue dress on, although that works too.

Kangaroo

Kangaroo

Inkido I love this game!!  Thanks for great fun!

Female Arachnid Liplock
(movie)

Oniya

No guesses on what mine was? :P
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

TinselTrick

Quote from: Oniya on December 31, 2008, 08:16:22 PM

The design of combat.

The Art of War?

Kangaroo

I can't stop!

"Feline with Headgear"

Aleksandr

XD Cat in the hat!

Umm... Center-of-the-Galaxy Giant-Ball-Of-Burning-Helium!
Insert witticism. But before I do that, I gotta throw up my Ons and Offs, right? Let's see if I can find them... AHA. Got'em.

Kangaroo

Can't get yours, Carth.  Love this game though....went crazy before i knew the rules and posted 4 in a row, which no one replied to.

Would some of you E'ers be so kind as to play so we can continue?

*bends forward with palms together*

Aeval

ok..not sure how good I am at this..but anything to help!

beverage which creates white mustache = Milk (movie)

spirit of evil adorned in couture garments=  Devils wear Prady (good one Kanga!!)

Cerulean soft fabric= Blue Velvet? was this the movie?

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Lovebug

Quote from: Carth on January 01, 2009, 06:36:45 PM
XD Cat in the hat!

Umm... Center-of-the-Galaxy Giant-Ball-Of-Burning-Helium!

That would be Black Hole Sun.

"Feel free to give the matter no further consideration"

Kangaroo

Aeval and Lovebug,  THANKS MUCH!  *hops up and down on one foot, gleefully*
One more of mine to go, Aev, (you were right on those 3!)  and .... good job, Lovebug.....still pondering yours.
We'll be off and running again in a jiffy.

Oniya

Quote from: Kangaroo on December 31, 2008, 09:30:08 PM
Inkido I love this game!!  Thanks for great fun!

Female Arachnid Liplock
(movie)

Kiss of the Spider Woman

"The Tainted Twelve"

VandalSavage

Quote from: Oniya on January 09, 2009, 11:26:19 AM
Kiss of the Spider Woman

"The Tainted Twelve"

The Dirty Dozen

And, in the vein of gritty action films with unlikely heroes:

"Cereal Canines"