Do you want to try system gaming?

Started by HairyHeretic, April 02, 2011, 01:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

Cross my palm with plenty yuan and rustle up some fellow vict, uhm, players, and perhaps something might be arranged!
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Kunoichi

I'll see what I can do, then. ^^

Ah, but is this game going to be held over the forums, or...?

HairyHeretic

They can be held whatever way best suits the players involved.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Bloody Rose

yuan???? god there is a hell lot of sytem games that I had no idea that existed. I would love to play the dresden files but it's kinda complicated for me :P

HairyHeretic

Actually Dresden Files isn't too bad, once you get a session or two with it. Character creation can be tricky, but as long as you can get your Aspects sorted, it's all good.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Bloody Rose

Mmmm I see I see, I guess I will need to read more about it. Thanks Heretic if I find it to be easy enough for me to st I might make a rp of it

HairyHeretic

If you read over the threads of the game we have running it, it might help clarify some stuff for you. Or at the least you can see where we were making mistakes early on, and be able to avoid those yourself :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Bloody Rose

you have a game running? are you still looking for members or the fact that you had not mentioned it means that you are full?

HairyHeretic

At the moment I think we're probably about full. That being said, the scenario is probably coming to a close (depending on the PCs actions), and we probably have enough players that we could split into two smaller groups, and run other stories in tandem. If you want to chat about it, PM MadPanda and myself.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MadPanda

Yep.  H2 has done all the heavy lifting so far, but sooner or later I'm supposed to be giving him a hand.  :-)  Just follow the cries of "Fuego!  Fuego!" and the secondary explosions.

In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

You still up for running the next story?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MadPanda

If I can think of something, yes!  I must plead a four year old distraction running amok, as I am presently Mister MadPanda Mom...

In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Bloody Rose

of course I am interested, but I understand if you are full. Whenever a spot opens up please let me know? thanks ^^

DigitLninja

I love how none of you is advertising Pathfinder... it seems to be the most used on this site and there are times that I wanted to play a game only to see "Pathfinder" on the end and turn tail.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

HairyHeretic

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never played Pathfinder. I've listed the games I know, enjoy, and think others would also enjoy. If any Pathfinder GM wants to offer to run a game for beginners, they're more than welcome to join the thread and say so :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: DigitLninja on April 06, 2011, 06:53:31 AM
I love how none of you is advertising Pathfinder... it seems to be the most used on this site and there are times that I wanted to play a game only to see "Pathfinder" on the end and turn tail.
It is far from my top10 of best systems to teach a new player, and I've got more experience with other systems that I think are better for this.
Of course, if a Pathfinder GM wants to join, it would fall on him or her to make it digestible to beginners. Personally, I'd rather stick to the guns I've got more experience with.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

fallensaviour

i learned on 3.5 (which pathfinder is based on rules wise)...and i didnt have to much trouble...though that was an in person game...and i didnt do my own characters for a while...
.but anyways i'm running a pathfinder game currently (just started) and i wouldnt mind helping out a new player :D

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: fallensaviour on April 06, 2011, 07:22:25 AM
i learned on 3.5 (which pathfinder is based on rules wise)...and i didnt have to much trouble...though that was an in person game...and i didnt do my own characters for a while...
.but anyways i'm running a pathfinder game currently (just started) and i wouldnt mind helping out a new player :D
Yeah, you said it yourself ;). I'd rather teach a system where the character creation isn't a minigame in and of itself, so the player would be able to make a character for it after a one-shot, or run a game himself or herself.

Make no mistake, I think it's cool that you're willing to help a new player learn your game, and I think anyone that wants to learn PathFinder should join it!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

fallensaviour

true...i do like the fact most wod characters can be made in like 30 min or less (no sarcasm intended)

also... aforementioned character was the most confused sorcerer ever...and drunk...

HairyHeretic

Friend of mine played a character a bit like that in an Abyssal Exalted game I ran some years ago. He was heavily influenced by Captain Jack Sparrow.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: fallensaviour on April 06, 2011, 07:42:15 AM
true...i do like the fact most wod characters can be made in like 30 min or less (no sarcasm intended)

also... aforementioned character was the most confused sorcerer ever...and drunk...
And it's not the fastest character creation out there. But I admit WoD characters tend towards the "confused and drunk" part ;).

"Confused drunk sorcerer" would be an awesome concept for a Barbarians of Lemuria game. And you can make the character in less than 10 minutes ;D!

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 06, 2011, 07:56:32 AM
Friend of mine played a character a bit like that in an Abyssal Exalted game I ran some years ago. He was heavily influenced by Captain Jack Sparrow.
I knew there's something wrong with Jack Sparrow, but I thought he's an Infernal, or possibly a mortal akuma >:)!
But yeah, definitely a popular character concept, it seems!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

fallensaviour

the confused drunk sorc was in my first 3.5 game ;)

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: fallensaviour on April 06, 2011, 08:07:31 AM
the confused drunk sorc was in my first 3.5 game ;)
As I said, it's a popular concept ;D!

Also, I think this thread should probably be made a sticky, or something. New people that might want to play a system game, but haven't tried it yet, might join at any moment ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Muse

Hey Panda, what would it take to get you to run some Ironclaw or Jadeclaw? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)