14 years in the coming.. I wonder..

Started by Callie Del Noire, June 13, 2011, 11:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Now that it's out.. Who will win the Vaporware awards now?

Wolfy

The Ground-breaking, world changing version of the game.

From what I hear.

Callie Del Noire

Inkidu

I guess you could always hope for Starcraft Ghost.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Hm... To qualify, a game company would have to promise and not deliver, right? 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on June 14, 2011, 03:57:26 PM
Hm... To qualify, a game company would have to promise and not deliver, right?
Yeah.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on June 14, 2011, 02:56:23 PM
I guess you could always hope for Starcraft Ghost.

Ghost was officially cancelled.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 14, 2011, 06:55:25 PM
Ghost was officially cancelled.
A remake of Final Fantasy VII? Fans want it bad enough it might as well be stalled in production. I think they refuse to acknowledge the fact that no one in Square Enix is working on it. It's like a shady shadow project or something.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on June 14, 2011, 06:57:13 PM
A remake of Final Fantasy VII? Fans want it bad enough it might as well be stalled in production. I think they refuse to acknowledge the fact that no one in Square Enix is working on it. It's like a shady shadow project or something.

Wish they would.. HATED the last one.. Most likely will never buy another one.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 14, 2011, 07:03:29 PM
Wish they would.. HATED the last one.. Most likely will never buy another one.
I know. I rented it because I was still hating on 12. I played it, I thought it was going to get deeper, twenty hours of tutorial later I was wrong. Decided the game was telling me to shut up, sit in the corner, and watch the pretty colors flash by. Wanted to trade it back, but my brother thought he could beat it.

I bet him a new game he couldn't do it. He got to Grand Pulse and said, "Screw it, it's not worth it." Grand Pulse being just a really big, long corridor.

I'm not buying another one. If I'm really curious I'll rent. Plus, does Square-Enix actually think 13-2 will sell? Because that worked so great last time. 

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on June 14, 2011, 07:17:07 PM
I know. I rented it because I was still hating on 12. I played it, I thought it was going to get deeper, twenty hours of tutorial later I was wrong. Decided the game was telling me to shut up, sit in the corner, and watch the pretty colors flash by. Wanted to trade it back, but my brother thought he could beat it.

I bet him a new game he couldn't do it. He got to Grand Pulse and said, "Screw it, it's not worth it." Grand Pulse being just a really big, long corridor.

I'm not buying another one. If I'm really curious I'll rent. Plus, does Square-Enix actually think 13-2 will sell? Because that worked so great last time.

X and X-11 were.. OKAY. The last one? I spent three hours trying to beat the 'tutorial end boss' as I think of him (when I'm being polite and not merely stringing cuss words together). I would get him down to the last 20% or so..and he'd cheap shot me . Again and again and again and again.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 14, 2011, 07:23:52 PM
X and X-11 were.. OKAY. The last one? I spent three hours trying to beat the 'tutorial end boss' as I think of him (when I'm being polite and not merely stringing cuss words together). I would get him down to the last 20% or so..and he'd cheap shot me . Again and again and again and again.
Is that the boss right after you can finally decide who you want in your party?

Tsenta

They've already announced there isn't going to be a FF7 remake, ages ago.  That little snippet of gameplay/movie people DID see was just a demo of the PS3's capabilities (kinda wish people would just let it go, there's no remake move along.)

Actually 13 has a good following, so 13-2 may or may not be a good seller.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Inkidu

Quote from: Tsenta on June 14, 2011, 07:30:55 PM
They've already announced there isn't going to be a FF7 remake, ages ago.  That little snippet of gameplay/movie people DID see was just a demo of the PS3's capabilities (kinda wish people would just let it go, there's no remake move along.)

Not remaking FF VII kind of reminds me of that artist who makes one stellar song, gets rich, but can never produce anything that good again. Seriously, S.E. would not be $150 million in the red right now if they'd just suck it up and remake the game, and VIII and IX while they're at it. Heck maybe even X.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Tsenta on June 14, 2011, 07:30:55 PM

They've done remakes before if I recall things. Old games ported to new systems and such. (Mostly portables)

Tsenta

The games are pretty good on their own, there's no real need for remakes seriously.  Their games may not be what YOU like but that doesn't mean they're not selling.

Ports aren't remakes on the scale you're thinking of. To have an ACTUAL remake they'd have to rehaul all the graphics, coding, etc.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Inkidu

Quote from: Tsenta on June 14, 2011, 07:43:23 PM
The games are pretty good on their own, there's no real need for remakes seriously.  Their games may not be what YOU like but that doesn't mean they're not selling.

Ports aren't remakes on the scale you're thinking of. To have an ACTUAL remake they'd have to rehaul all the graphics, coding, etc.
If they were selling so well, S.E. wouldn't have bought up Eidos to compete in the Western markets and they wouldn't be so bad in the red.

Tsenta

To be fair, try to find a business that ISN'T in the red. Especially in this economy.

Callie Del Noire

True..  maybe they are hoping they can get some of the Tomb Raider movie mojo going.. You got to admit Tomb Raider movies are better than the square enix ones to the average movie goers.

Tsenta

I don't even LIKE the Tomb Raider games yet I've seen the movies, pathetic huh?

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wyrd on June 14, 2011, 10:47:04 PM
I... Didn't hate doom.

but it could have been MUCH better.. the 'chainsaw' cam trick was bad bad bad..