VGA to USB?

Started by HockeyGod, April 15, 2012, 03:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeyGod

I regularly do trainings and presentations and I purchased a Dell mini a few years ago. It doesn't have a VGA port to connect to my LCD projector. I've noticed that there are VGA/USB converters on the market, but am not finding any good information on reviews. The prices seem to range from $15 up to several hundred.

I want to only project PowerPoint and not necessarily looking for streaming video.

Anyone have thoughts?

Vekseid

It might have a different port entirely that you can find a converter for
HDMI
DisplayPort
DVI

See if your laptop and projector supports one of those first before blowing money on a from-USB converter. That's going to require a driver of some sort, and thus, potentially cause headaches.

HockeyGod

Good idea. Unfortunately while the laptop has an HDMI the projector doesn't. Now the question is if an HDMI can convert to USB. The projector does have a mini-USB port.

Vekseid

Quote from: alxnjsh on April 22, 2012, 04:52:04 PM
Good idea. Unfortunately while the laptop has an HDMI the projector doesn't. Now the question is if an HDMI can convert to USB. The projector does have a mini-USB port.

Um. Then either get an appropriate USB->Mini USB converter, or an HDMI to VGA converter.

Will be cheaper, and give you fewer headaches.