D E M E N T I A : stay in your coma [looking for interesting charries!]

Started by kasper, March 07, 2015, 11:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasper

stay
in
your
        coma

You are Real, of course. Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t believe in themselves, and that is all. Illusions are real so long as they’re being perceived, after all, and that’s the only useful way to think about it. You shouldn’t worry so much. You are what You are; Existence is a Frame of Mind. Some of you will see the smoke through the mirrors- that’s fine. Don’t let that cheapen You. You are Experience, and wouldn’t you rather experience Yourself happily?
(What other option do you really have? Would you rather Let Go? You’ve seen what happens to those who do. They scratch and eat and infect and all think the same thought; Giving In is Ubiquity; Giving In is Your loss. (But don’t let them take you, either.))

Your Anatomy

Your form is what it would be. Ordinary? Well, aren’t We all. Some diverge from the typical of the others, but what matters is by what basis You like to judge. Still, though, some accommodate the doctrinal Norm. Who could really fault Someone for designing themselves a more subdued form, or using a more amiable mask?

Your Neighbours

Companions and colleagues, ambiguous acquaintances and dubious figures. Some, even… well… You just can’t be sure. We all have our reasons, so who could blame anyone else for their Purposes?
(Be careful.)

Rules
1. Cliches are troubling and inadvisable.
2. Drama is best left for the Stage, don’t you agree?
3. Involve Yourself; no one else has time to attain your goals for You, too. (Passivity is little more than Giving In, anyway.)
4. Affections form between “people”, it’s true. But nothing’s worse than One’s Purpose diminishing for the supplement of it.
5. Enjoy your Experience; appreciate that others experience.
6. <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BkRjWGPrSQ">Keep your secrets. They’re all you really Have.</a>

Your Experience
Our Plain is malleable, but nothing ever changes; changes are only changes when someone notices them, and no one really has the Presence of Mind to take note. You could say, things are A Bit Strange.
It’s almost impressive (if that’s what you’d like to call it) how distinct You All can be, still, after all this time. The endless scramble to suit your own Endeavours forms You quite uniquely, and variously; no differently can be said for the bonds you indulge between You and Others, or the Behaviours you perform.

Character Skeletons
A note from Management has arrived.
“Your details are to be rendered in a format likened to the application supplied below prior to submission to the Auditor.
“Self-analysation is encouraged, up to and including wilful dissection whenever plausible.
“Supposed physical form(s) are to be provided with written description and/or illustrated example (‘Illustrated’ being a definite word. Photographs are prohibited; you cannot be photographed.)
“Liberally declare all your secrets with your Auditor. We are trustworthy, and really really won’t tell anyone, we promise. (Warning appended as of version 2841.6 by public plea; secrets revealed outside the confidence between you and the Auditor will call into question your existential integrity and feelings for the Auditors. That was our thing, how could you.)
“Submit yourself for review by means of private message to the Post Master. Your plea for legitimate existence will be examined by our expert witness in order to grant your legitimacy.”

Oh, that’s all.

Don't You like Our voice? That's just as well, We don't much care for Yours either...
In Plainer Terms
Thanks to LohAnon for the narrated interest thread! And hello, all! I'm octopusdreams. I've been called octo and octi but I'm not particularly preferential to what you call me. I thought I should give an overview of what the game is about and what I expect and what you might expect coming in.

Your character is one of many who exist within a single unfortunate being's coma. Besides our characters (some who may or may not have some deformities) there are spectres - monster-like beings who attack and threaten the lives of our characters.

Themes I'm looking for in the game are varied - drama, angst, humor [be it dark or otherwise], touches of fantasy and horror but not particularly gore. Romance is acceptable as are any other series of relationships - enemies, familial, friends, etc. What I really want is a game that's a bit strange, characters that are intriguing and multiple plots running at once. I have no end goal or accomplishment to achieve, so the game is open-ended in that sense, I would like the game to have an organic sort of life in which it really crafts itself with the contributions of our characters' actions. Assume here, that reality is warped. Many ask coming into a game - what's the big bad here, who's the good guy? Our game simply doesn't work like that. Evil and just are subjective to each experience and some may simply not have a sense of such concepts. So, with that said, let's get weird.

Submit your character skeleton to me via private message and I will let you know if you have been accepted and I will post your skeleton up. Please use illustrated images as opposed to real photographs. You may also use verbal descriptions of your character if you prefer to. Characters may be any gender, sexuality, and/or ethnicity. While our characters are not exactly 'human' they are based off the human form, so please try to keep your characters based off the human form. You absolutely may have malformed characters, but they should still have a vague resemblance to the human form with the exception of some approved alternate forms. If you have any concerns or questions on this, you may ask via private message and I will answer as soon as I can.

Most importantly, the 'secret' section is only for your and my eyes. Please refrain from posting this for all to see as well as refrain from speaking to others. Secrets and unexpected twists are only fun if they're secret and unexpected!

[Insert Illustrated Character Image]
[Link to Character Image]

Known
Title:
Name:
Puppeteer: [your username]
Sexuality:
Defining personality traits:
Brief description of who your character appears to be:

Secrets
Any hidden form or features:
Driving motive and goal:
Who is your character truly:

thank you.
x

Character Skeleton Code
[Insert Illustrated Character Image]
[Link to Character Image]

[u]Known[/u]
Title:
Name:
Puppeteer: [your username]
Sexuality:
Defining personality traits:
Brief description of who your character appears to be:

[u]Secrets[/u]
Any hidden form or features:
Driving motive and goal:
Who is your character truly:

characters

Atlas

Known
Title: two-pound or sometimes shortened to 2p and sometimes confused as two-pence or mocked as TP.
Name: Atlas
Puppeteer: octopusdreams
Conscious or unconscious of the coma: Conscious
Sexuality: Undetermined
Defining features: Small form, freckle beneath his eye. He has no apparent disfigurements.
Defining personality traits: Judgmental, quiet, grumpy.
Brief description of who your character appears to be: While Atlas seems to be uninterested in the world and others around him, it is apparent that he is actually a bit nosy. He comes across as completely uninvested in others upon first meeting him but with times shows more care towards them. It's not quite clear why his title is two-pound. As of late, it seems as though he is running for office as mayor - a newly introduced concept to our community of coma-induced populace.
x
Dirk & Rudy

Known
Title: Tulpa
Name: Dirk & Rudy
Conscious or unconscious of the coma: Conscious
Sexuality: Undetermined
Defining features: Dirk is blonde and has a larger build of the two, Rudy is smaller and usually wears a beanie or slouch hat but has light brown shaved/buzz cut hair.
Defining personality traits: Dirk is self-loathing but simultaneously self-assured, fiercely loyal to Rudy though he is the more dominate of the two. Rudy is bubbly and happy-going, he is quite dependent on Dirk.
Brief description of who your character appears to be: Dirk and Rudy seem almost inseparable, but their relationship isn't quite so easy to define by those around them. It is somewhat rare to see one without the other, the two seemingly attached at the hip. They are common and familiar faces to most and generally well-liked.
x
Harper

Known
Title: [unrevealed]
Name: Harper
Puppeteer: LohAnon
Conscious or unconscious of the coma: Unconscious
Sexuality: Pan
Defining features: Curly red hair, lean figure, angular features
Defining personality traits: Abrasive, guarded, cynical
Brief description of who your character appears to be: Harper is a newcomer, having recently arrived and not entirely sure what she's meant to be doing or what to do with herself. Being listless and aimless has her defences on high, her normally abrasive nature exacerbated. While she doesn't directly question the state of existence, it's obvious on some level she's shaken by it which is causing her uneasiness. She is, in a way, lost.
x
Gauge

Known
Title: Hotline
Name: Gauge
Puppeteer: knifeparty
Sexuality: Hetero
Defining features: Cheshire smile scar on cheeks. Messy prison style tattos on right arm and chest.
Defining personality traits: Charismatic yet distrustful when dealing with others and become interrogative. Selfish with an obviously addictive personality and short attention span, dealing with him is intense and unsettling, but sometimes rewarding.
Brief description of who your character appears to be: Gauge is a deviant - grime incarnate. Fanatical and often under the influence of narcotics (psychotics?) he's a walk on the wild side and only a phone call away. He appears shortly after dialed, regardless of distance and at anytime. He does not sleep.

x
Percy

Known
Title: Fugue
Name: Percy
Sexuality: unknown
Defining features: Big green eyes and an almost doll like delicacy.
Defining personality traits: Soft spoken but curious. Strong headed but sometimes weak willed. Contemplative.
Brief description of who your character appears to be: She seems to be just your typical girl but slightly distant from others. Very easily gets lost and found.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

PrestaDGTation

Annnd bookmarked!  INtruiging idea!  I'll watch for the moment and see what the muse says about jumping in!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

kasper

Alright! If you have any questions let me know and thanks for noting your interest.

kasper

Hey Loh we got a new player, Cerevan. CEREVAN THIS IS LOH.

SAY HI. BE MERRY. I guess. Also should I make an OOC already orrr?

knifeparty

This is an amazing premise for a game. Interested as fuck.

The world or plain of existence the puppets inhabit - would it be something loosely based on human existence, in reality, (like a city) that forms the foundation for the coma as a setting. Or are we looking at something like a dreamscape, or space based on completely surreal abstraction?

kasper

Hi there ! Interested as fuck is what we're aiming for!

As far as the world. Depends where you are. There are parts that are more a cross between loosely based human existence and dreamscape. At the center, I imagine will be more social grounds closest to reality as we know it but with the odd twist here and there. The further out you go, the more convoluted things become. There will exist a limit where it is 'too far' and therefore considered treacherous to characters. These areas will be inaccessible... At first.

I also imagined that each character will have their own little area that is primarily shaped by aspects of their character or personality. It could be living quarters or it could be something else entirely. That's up to you.

knifeparty

Excellent! Sounds like the best possible hybrid between the two. Looking forward to this: character inbound

LohAnon

Quote from: octopusdreams on March 12, 2015, 09:23:05 PM
Hey Loh we got a new player, Cerevan. CEREVAN THIS IS LOH.

SAY HI. BE MERRY. I guess. Also should I make an OOC already orrr?

Hello, Cerevan  :-)
i think an OOD would be good? Or maybe after another player or two? Just so we're not cluttering up the thread for those who have questions about the game.

kasper

Quote from: LohAnon on March 12, 2015, 09:54:10 PM
Hello, Cerevan  :-)
i think an OOD would be good? Or maybe after another player or two? Just so we're not cluttering up the thread for those who have questions about the game.

I said be merry. You best be merry.

Quote from: knifeparty on March 12, 2015, 09:52:48 PM
Excellent! Sounds like the best possible hybrid between the two. Looking forward to this: character inbound

Bueno~ I look forward to seeing it!

LohAnon

Quote from: octopusdreams on March 12, 2015, 09:57:59 PM
I said be merry. You best be merry.

Wowwie, getting sassy already. Is that really the nicest way to introduce friends???

kasper

Quote from: LohAnon on March 12, 2015, 10:00:39 PM
Wowwie, getting sassy already. Is that really the nicest way to introduce friends???

"Friends."

LohAnon

Cerevan

Hiya, Loh! Nice ta meet'cha. :-) Merry making all round.

Quote from: octopusdreams on March 12, 2015, 10:01:03 PM
"Friends."

Quote from: LohAnon on March 12, 2015, 10:03:44 PM
It was meant within the context of knowing what a prat you are. <3

Octi being a prat? Noooooooooo. ::) Deep, deeeeeep down she is the world's cuddliest teddy.

kasper

Hey guys knifeplay has joined us - check out his character Gauge!

LohAnon

Welcome, Knifeparty!

knifeparty

Quote from: LohAnon on March 14, 2015, 12:36:25 AM
Welcome, Knifeparty!

Thank you, thank you. It's great to be here, Steve

Also, hey Cerevan

Cerevan

kasper

Inari

Would things possibly be like that are in the game "Alice Madness Returns"?

kasper

Hmn. Yes and no.

The inspiration for this game was drawn from OFF by Mortis Ghost. OFF and Madness Returns are both similar in terms of bizarreness, though I'd venture to say OFF is more convoluted and a step further from reality than Wonderland in some ways. More abstract, perhaps. However, this game is not built upon OFF. The characters, world and ideas in that world are different from ours.

Our game differs from both OFF and Madness Returns in the means that we have different elements existing in this game that will make it a more organic platform of story-telling. The goals in both OFF and Madness Returns are decided from the very beginning. Our game is not linear, therefore the ending for our game will create itself through the actions of our characters. The world and plot will shift accordingly and your characters paths may change, perhaps for the best, perhaps not.

I hope this will be like no game you've ever played before on Elliquiy or any other form of role play. And that is as much as I can tell you without spoiling certain elements.

I hope that answers your question.

Inari

Can't say I have heard of OFF but I will have to look it up unless you care to enlighten?

kasper

You really don't need to know anything about OFF for this game. It is in no way related to OFF except it served as inspiration for this game.

But if you are curious for the sake of interest. You can play it legally for free due to the creator's generosity. OFF

As far as enlightening, well it's difficult to explain. But basically you are told that you are assigned a character called the Batter, whose goal is to purify the world. There are different zones you must purify to get to your ultimate destination - The Room. As you journey through this world with the Batter, you realize things may not be all they seem and you begin to question your purpose and actions all whilst trying to make sense of something that is very open to interpretation.

kasper

I don't know what that game is. It's probably best to not compare or relate this to video games or any other firm of media.