Dangerous Liaisons/Cruel Intentions based RP - STILL DESPERATE FOR A PRINCESS!

Started by Zealously Jaded, June 28, 2010, 04:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zealously Jaded

Dangerous Liaisons/Cruel Intentions RP

This story is based on the films Dangerous Liaisons and Cruel intentions (there the same plot just set in different times), this story however will lean more towards the former setting.

Plot:

Essentially the story is two step-siblings are greatly attracted to one another but due to their familial ties they cannot be together so instead they use their cunning and powers of persuasion to manipulate the people around them, and climb a few social ladders. But they are not the only people adapt at seduction...

The main plot point is that the King's only heir has come of age, there is one slight problem, she is a naive girl whose education is severely lacking…someone must teach this girl that court is full of wolves.

One such predator is Fernando D’limante, the stepson of the Marquis D’limante. Fernando and his mother were shipped from their native Spain a score of years ago, much to the disgust of the Marquis's daughter Angelique. It's not that she hates her brother; she wants him disgraced, removed from her family and then everything will be back the way it was. This being the reason a bet was formed…he is to make the princess his bride, if he wins Angelique will be his lover, if he loses then he will have to give up the one thing he loves more than himself...his title and all claims to her fathers money. Of course there is a deadline to the bet...but a few other plot twists along the way are sure to spice up an otherwise dire season at court.

NB: The setting is a Victorian Era France (just ignoring the revolution) and players will be other members of court. Also the D’limente characters are taken as GM characters.

The bet is meerly the starting point, players are free to add their own bets/plots as the game progresses.

Current characters.

Angelique D’limente – Absinthe Tori
Fernando D’limente – Xiddeus

Needed characters.

The King…
The Princess…
Other nobles.

Zealously Jaded

Characters to be added soon.

(One slight note, the game will start with a birthday party for the Princess, this way everyone will be int he same room, and eventually filter off into their first chapters.)

D'Limantes first chapter...

Arrive at the ball.
Discuss some of the other characters.
The bet is discused between them.

undisclosedtoyou

I actually really love Dangerous Liaisons, and because of that I obviously liked Cruel Intentions.  If your still looking for someone to play the Princess, I would be interested in taking that spot.   
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Zealously Jaded

Hey,

The Princess is just about taken (still in talks)...however if you want to play a noble...perhaps the princess' cousin whose family has eyes on the crown.

undisclosedtoyou

That actually sounds like a good suggestion.  I'll PM you when I have a character concept thought up for my charrie.  How many people do you have for the game?  Just three so far?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Zealously Jaded

undisclosedtoyou

Yeah we do, I would think we would get a few interested.  Since both Dangerous Liaisons and Cruel Intentions had some steamy scenes.  I hope someone takes up the position of King, I have an idea running through my head that would be interesting to play out.  I'll send the idea to you through PM to. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Zealously Jaded

I know that why I based the story on those films because they were hot.

Ah cool :) I will get my character set up soon, but my character will be like Glen Close/Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Ptolemy

This roleplay seems like it be both great in literary quality, and quite steamy. I would be willing to take the role of the King, even if I truly know nothing about the setting (Though, I do know a lot about the time period it is set in!). If you would be willing to cope with that, I would gladly roleplay with you ladies (And the rest of the Lords who will join us, of course!). I would need some advice and counsel on what would be an appropriate character for this setting. Are we following the Dangerous Liasons storyline closely, or using it as a backdrop?

Zealously Jaded

It's going to be based on Dangerous Liaisons but instead of being a carbon copy of the film so it will have a slightly different plot, characters and hopefully a different ending!

If you would like to play the King then I shall say that its taken... and as for guidence all that is needed is a PM :)

As for setting think like the film but with Victorian clothing, there easier to remove :D

undisclosedtoyou

They where really hot, I will have to admit.  I always did think that Geller, and Close's characters where the best.  Close especially, since she played that character so artfully.

Do you have a character template you would like us to use, or does the format not matter?  And should it be sent to you or just posted here?

Ptolemy, I think this game is only loosely based off of those two stories.  It's sorta just taking the elements, and not following the story line, if I'm correct.

[edit cause Tori beat me to it lol]

What she said is exactly what I was trying to say :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Ptolemy

Quote from: Absinthe Tori on June 29, 2010, 02:56:58 PM
It's going to be based on Dangerous Liaisons but instead of being a carbon copy of the film so it will have a slightly different plot, characters and hopefully a different ending!

If you would like to play the King then I shall say that its taken... and as for guidence all that is needed is a PM :)

As for setting think like the film but with Victorian clothing, there easier to remove :D

Alright, great!

As undisclosedtoyou said, should we send the character bio to you or post it here?

Zealously Jaded

There's no real character skeleton, but just add what kinds of things your character would be intersted in I.E seduction...non con...blackmail...bribery... Also what your limits and likes are :) and once we've sort out how people are linked we can edit them in. Fernando and Angelique are step-siblings...things like that.

Just post your character in here and once there are more I can add a character thread and repost :)

Edit: was just replying :P

Urbanzorro

I'm interested, though I'm a bit at a loss of where to fit in a character, *ponders*
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Zealously Jaded

Well there are many options...you'd be a noble obviously, it depends on if you wanted to be devious or not?

Hmmmm interesting...perhaps you're in league with another character or just someone dragged into the whole mess.

Urbanzorro

I have a hard time seeing myself as not being devious in these circumstances lol...
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

undisclosedtoyou

Sweet, sounds good to me.  You can expect a pm shortly since I don't have any distractions right now keeping me from thinking up ideas.

Urbanzorro, your charrie could be in league with mine.  There's nothing like a little scheming to take over the crown.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Zealously Jaded

Scya

I would also be interested, Maybe  a Noble that would be like wax in the fingers of those young "innocent" Lady's while still trying to protect them, or the Princess.
A&A https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=78650.0

A bit braindead at the moment so please excuse longer wait times then usual.

Zealously Jaded

I'm sure we'll find something for you to do?

So you wouldn't be a devious character?

Scya

Not in the Beginning, somebody has to be a victim . Lafter if he has been abused often enough maybe.

Zealously Jaded

Hmmmm a pawn...interesting!

You mentioned protecting the princess, perhaps he takes it upon himself to be her knight in shining armour!

Xiddeus

What?  No, no, she doesn't need more help... *snickers*  Gonna be hard enough to get in her pants as is.
For want of something better to say... sometimes nothing is best.

ONs and OFFS
Plot ideas
Apologies & Absences
The Oath!

Zealously Jaded

Scya

Yes this would be nice.Or he could have certain ..feelings torwards Angelique. Or more Dangerously and Shamefully an interest in her brother :o