News:

Main Menu

Area 51

Started by Sabby, February 05, 2011, 10:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Found this vid, and not sure what to make of it, but it was pretty interesting.

Area 51 - Strange activity

Always been curious of what's there, but I doubt it anything more fantastic then studying the wreckage and bodies of the Roswell craft... the whole time travel study and other theories are just too silly for me.

Also, I saw a really cool documentary where they enhanced the photo of the guy holding bits of a weather balloon to read the letter scrunched in his hand. Clearly said to make up some weather balloon excuse and that the craft and 'bodies' were being moved.

Trieste

People make a big deal about the fact that you can be arrested just for crossing a line in the sand miles away from the base but honestly, they're probably just testing nukes and similar technology.

You don't want civilians next to nuke testing. You just don't.

Sure

I personally think Area 51 can't be all that people make it out to be. I mean, it's coordinates are public knowledge and the place is famous. It would be a horrible idea to keep alien technology or anything of that sort there. They don't even remove it from Satellite Imaging like Google Earth. Historically, what it was used for was testing stealth planes. I see no reason why that couldn't be what it still does. It's certainly enough to justify the restrictions that are in place now,.

Apple of Eris

Here's what I make of the video. Poorly researched, jumps to conclusions, has factual errors. I wouldn't put much stock in it at all.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

RubySlippers

You know they filmed the moon landings there. Really. Why else cover it up after all they took how much money into that program to divert to other things.

Oniya

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the moon landing was not filmed on a sound stage.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Trieste

SHHHHHHHHHH! God, do you have to tell everybody?! The population is nearly convinced!

*adjusts her tin foil hat and glares at Oniya*

Sure

Ha, that reminds me of how I used to annoy a friend by arguing they didn't happen. He would get so angry, he would just see red any time anyone even suggested it. ::)

Anyway, the only conspiracy theory I've ever heard about Area 51 that I believed might be true was some people who claimed Area 51 was an illegal dumping site for the Airforce which keeps it restricted to this day so environmentalists can't get in there and sue them. I could see that happening, but most conspiracy theories...

Brandon

There are a lot of theories and for lack of a better word, myth surrounding area 51 and there probably always will be. I believe that it was once used as a top secret aviation testing facility. The reason for that belief is decades ago there were UFO sightings that were similar or matched the early stealth bomber designs, those planes would be released to the air force for use a few years later. They also have a huge number of hangers there, far to many for the F15s they have stationed on post

Anyway, the idea that its full of alien technology that engineers are trying to backwards engineer, that theres time traveling experiements going on there, or that its an alien breeding facility are all to far out there for me to believe without some kind of evidence. What I could believe is the towers and cables shown around those craters might be them trying to harness geothermic energy released from underground lava floes but thats a guess at best. I have no idea if the area even has much volcanic activity. The other thing about the craters that strikes me as odd is the video makes it a point in suggesting that they were formed from nuclear based explosives but the pattern of the craters doesnt look consistant with that kind of weaponry. It looks more like demolition charges were used in massive quantities
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

Quote from: Brandon on February 06, 2011, 01:45:10 AM
Anyway, the idea that its full of alien technology that engineers are trying to backwards engineer, that theres time traveling experiements going on there, or that its an alien breeding facility are all to far out there for me to believe without some kind of evidence.

I'm the same. I do believe in UFO's, but I wouldn't believe Area 51 has a wreckage just from being told there is. I tracked down the Ramey Memo, as it's called.

That's General Ramey, and in his hand is a telegraph. It was previously unreadable, but computers have come a long way since then, and it's been enhanced. This is what they could make out of it.

Quote from: visually enhanced and partially decoded MemoThe message turns out to be a telegram from Gen. Ramey to the Pentagon and
Gen. Hoyt Vandenberg, the acting AAF Chief of Staff at the time.  Ramey is providing Vandenberg an update on the very fluid situation in-the-field at Roswell. 

The first paragraph describes what had been found.  Ramey starts by acknowledging "THAT A 'DISK' IS NEXT NEW FIND." He then adds that  "THE VICTIMS OF THE WRECK" and something else (possibly just "A WRECK") had also been found near the recovery "OPERATION AT THE 'RANCH'."  At the end it states that "YOU" (i.e. Gen. Vandenberg) had ordered the "victims" and/or the wreckage "FORWARDED" to "FORT WORTH, TEX."

In the second paragraph, Ramey describes how the situation was being handled.  Ramey first states that something "IN THE 'DISC'", probably the bodies of the "forwarded" "victims"  (and possibly termed "AVIATORS") would be flown by a B-29 Special Transport or C-47 to the "A1" (personnel director) of some "8TH ARMY****" division, most likely the head flight surgeon at Fort Worth given the context.  Wright Field, Ohio, home of the AAF's aeronautical labs, was to assess the Roswell crash object  (possibly referred to as an "AIRFOIL").

Finally Ramey outlines how the situation was being treated publicly and how they were going to cover it up.  First he assures Vandenberg that the earlier highly inflammatory Roswell base press release (referred to as the "MISSTATE MEANING OF STORY") was the work of an Army counter-intelligence team ("CIC/TEAM"), but that the "NEXT SENT OUT PR" (Press Release) would be "OF WEATHER BALLOONS."  Ramey finishes with the statement that the  weather balloon story might be better accepted if they also added weather balloon radar target demonstrations.  This apparently was the impetus for the national debunking campaign  using the devices that followed over the next few days.

So, even if this letter is totally accurate and there really was a UFO with alien bodies... it wasn't sent to Area 51 >.< It was sent to Texas. Which is like finding out the T-Rex was really a scavenger... a total childhood killer.

Oniya

Enhancement certainly has come a long way, but you're still working within the grain quality of the film.  If the film doesn't have the resolution to store the data, there's only so much interpolation you can do.  I'd be interested to see the stepwise resolution of that paper.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Sabby

I've seen it, and I'll try to find a video of the process for you :) They actually couldn't get all of the letters for some of the words but process of elimination helped narrow it down enough to get the gist of it. Only so many words in the English language, ya know?

Oniya

True enough - If you could manage to find it, I'd appreciate it.  :)

RubySlippers

Quote from: Oniya on February 05, 2011, 10:11:32 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the moon landing was not filmed on a sound stage.

I'm sure they did land there eventually but the first landing was obviously fake they chose people that would lie if ordered to and it seems odd no one since then went back after the Apollo Mission to see if any evidence was there. Hell we can barely get to space now safely and they had crap to work with. Sorry it was all fake but it was we had to get there before the Soviets so a little bullshit goes a long way and all they needed was a fake vehicle to circle Earth and land empty to appear to be a returning capsule, and good acting by everyone.

TheGlyphstone

Indeed, the moon landing was faked, under orders from the Master Illuminati Council in Switzerland. It was part of a counter-propaganda campaign to undermine the efforts of the Freemasons to subvert traditional American values, and in retaliation for the Freemasons assassinating Kennedy (an Illuminati High Chief) with two time-traveling mobsters. The proof is hidden in Area 51's underground bunker next to the Roswell saucer, guarded by the clone of Elvis and Hitler's brain in a jar. I learned all this from picking up encrypted CIA transmissions through the transciever implanted by the aliens into my brain after they abducted me.

Did I miss anything?

Sabby

Ooh, ooh, what about that other attempted president assassination? Can't remember which one, but he apparently had a disc, from space, and it had a message from aliens, saying how infinitely old they are, how they search for intelligent life, and how they are disappointed with our progress.

And that's where DVD technology came from :)

Sabby

TheGlyphstone

Velcro and liposuction were alien products, before the Men in Black confiscated and patented them.

Sabby

Velcro? Really? o.o That explains why it's so fucking awesome

Oniya

Okay.  There were a few sections where I could see the characters they claimed to get from the enlarged telegram.  There were a few sections where I couldn't tell the telegram original from the daily comics before I've put my glasses on.   This was right around 4:50 on the video.  Some of the more critical 'name' sections were little more than smudges.

Apple of Eris

So... they take really blurry smudges, assume that they can read certain letters out of those smudges and then extrapolate that into words...

Am I the only person who sees the wholes in this? First off the 'expert' is "looking for a smoking gun" so he is of course more inclined to believe he's found that. Based on what are blurred smudges that could be more than one letter he's picking out certain letters that fit what he wants to see there, then using those as a baseline to find certain words that he wants. Just the word 'victims' in the video. Uhm, really? Looking at those smudges I couldn't tell for sure what it said, but he knows it had to be that word huh?

Seriously, how about some unbiased sources?
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Apple of Eris on February 06, 2011, 10:11:43 PM
So... they take really blurry smudges, assume that they can read certain letters out of those smudges and then extrapolate that into words...

Am I the only person who sees the wholes in this? First off the 'expert' is "looking for a smoking gun" so he is of course more inclined to believe he's found that. Based on what are blurred smudges that could be more than one letter he's picking out certain letters that fit what he wants to see there, then using those as a baseline to find certain words that he wants. Just the word 'victims' in the video. Uhm, really? Looking at those smudges I couldn't tell for sure what it said, but he knows it had to be that word huh?

Seriously, how about some unbiased sources?

I'm reminded of the 'image enhancement' techniques they use in crime shows like CSI, where their magic machinery somehow transforms four blurry pixels into a fully detailed rendition of the murderer's face.

Oniya

The letters V and I were fairly clear to me, actually.  M wasn't too far off, but it could have been an N or an H, too.  The CT was iffy.  The name at around the time I indicated (Vandenburg?) was particularly smudgy.

Valerian

You also need to bear in mind that while there are only a limited number of words in any language, this was first, a telegram, and second, a military telegram.  My brother worked for the DoD for many years, and they use acronyms and weird abbreviations more often than regular words sometimes.  A word that starts with VI and ends with M might just be an acronym referring to Visual Identification something-something Management.

I'm no expert as to the pixilation factor, but that image looks way too unclear and too dark to be useful, no matter what sort of technology you throw at it.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aurora Wayland

This is interesting stuff. I think its a good indication that something did happen in roswell, and the fact that there were so many conflicting stories about it from the government, just lends credibility to the whole thing.