Uplifting / Positive News Stories

Started by Blythe, September 23, 2016, 12:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Nilsson

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-41336762

QuoteAn airport has launched an appeal to reunite young passengers with hundreds of teddies left behind on their travels.

The lost property office at Glasgow Airport is overflowing with soft toys, with 21 left in the last three months.

Pictures of the lost toys are being shared by the airport on social media.

Staff said they knew children could be left "distraught" by losing a cuddly friend will also be introducing a "take care of my bear" tag.

The tags will be given to youngsters travelling with soft toys and will be marked with the owner's details.

As a lover of teddybears I can only say: yay go Glasgow Airport! I always loved my teddies and have most of them from when i was a small child and many many more these days. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose one when you are traveling. Thankfully Brumm was found after many hours of me crying.

Oniya

Staff said they knew children could be left "distraught" by losing a cuddly friend will also be introducing a "take care of my bear" tag.

(I want these to look like the Paddington tag)

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lustful Bride

Lustful Bride

gaggedLouise

NASA and its Russian counterpart Roscosmos agree to cooperate on setting up the first space station orbiting the moon. Essentially a lunar version of ISS, intended as a research lab for exploring the moon and a staging post for future efforts to land humans on the moon and on Mars. :) The project will be led primarily by NASA, but funded, manned and with technological input by both countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/sep/27/russia-and-us-will-cooperate-to-build-moon-first-space-station

Just great to see this happen.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Sain

Quote from: gaggedLouise on September 28, 2017, 04:32:48 AM
NASA and its Russian counterpart Roscosmos agree to cooperate on setting up the first space station orbiting the moon. Essentially a lunar version of ISS, intended as a research lab for exploring the moon and a staging post for future efforts to land humans on the moon and on Mars. :) The project will be led primarily by NASA, but funded, manned and with technological input by both countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/sep/27/russia-and-us-will-cooperate-to-build-moon-first-space-station

Holy shit that is cool.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: gaggedLouise on September 28, 2017, 04:32:48 AM

So much awesome!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Lustful Bride

Deamonbane

Iceland just qualified for their first FIFA World Cup, after a historic run in the Euro Cup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceland_at_the_FIFA_World_Cup

Just... really proud for them.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Lustful Bride

Lustful Bride

Mr. Vyce

Aaron Courtney, a 31-year-old high school African-American football coach in Gainesville, hugged a Nazi outside of Richard Spenser's speech on Thursday, asking "Why do you hate me?"

QuoteCiting the teachings of his father, who is a bishop, Courtney told the Daily News, “Something in me said, ‘You know what? He just needs love. Maybe he never met an African-American like this.”

And so he told the Nazi to give him a hug. And despite some initial resistance, Courtney said, “I reached over and the third time, he wrapped his arms around me, and I heard God whisper in my ear, ‘You changed his life.’”

The crowd around them immediately reacted and when Courtney pressed him again, asking “Why do you hate me?” Furniss finally answered, “I don’t know.”

"I believe that was his sincere answer. He really doesn’t know,” Courtney said.

After Furniss was ushered away by police, he took a photo with Courtney’s friend.

The 31-year-old said, “I honestly feel that was a step in the right direction, for him to take a picture with a guy that he hated when he woke up this morning.”

Sain

Two of those kinds of news that make you believe in advance of mankind and hold tight on the seat as science about to take world on a spin.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-11-brain-implant-human-patients-memory.html

Brain implant tested in human patients found to improve memory recall
A team of researchers with the University of Southern California and the Wake Forest School of Medicine has conducted experiments involving implanting electrodes into the brains of human volunteers to see if doing so might improve memory recall. The group gave a presentation at this year's Society for Neuroscience meeting recently outlining the study and what they found.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-11-scientists-1st-gene-body.html

US scientists try first gene editing in the body
Scientists for the first time have tried editing a gene inside the body in a bold attempt to permanently change a person's DNA to try to cure a disease.

Blythe

Sain

Blythe

That robot has just seriously made my day. That backflip!  :D

Thank you for finding and sharing that, Sain!

Oniya

Quote from: Blythe on November 20, 2017, 12:05:25 PM
That robot has just seriously made my day. That backflip!  :D

Thank you for finding and sharing that, Sain!

I started to scroll down to make my reply - but then I saw there were out-takes!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sara Nilsson

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-42066014

Yeah the article is also a little sad but...

Basically autistic children will often not just have a favourite thing but that thing becomes really important. And when you lose that something it can be heartbreaking. Thelittlebluecup project (named after the kinda famous case where a mom desperately asked for a sippy cup that was no longer in production that was the only thing her child would drink out of) is helping parents and children find the thing they need. Such a sweet gesture.

Lustful Bride

Blythe

Quote from: Lustful Bride on December 02, 2017, 09:40:57 AM
Police Officer adopts the child of a drug addict to give it a good home.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peopleandplaces/cop-adopts-homeless-addicts-newborn-baby/vi-BBG0mD6?ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

This made me tear up a bit--was happy to see the officer do what he did. :)

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on November 27, 2017, 05:20:18 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-42066014

Yeah the article is also a little sad but...

Basically autistic children will often not just have a favourite thing but that thing becomes really important. And when you lose that something it can be heartbreaking. Thelittlebluecup project (named after the kinda famous case where a mom desperately asked for a sippy cup that was no longer in production that was the only thing her child would drink out of) is helping parents and children find the thing they need. Such a sweet gesture.

I've heard of programs/exchanges like this--what a lovely thing to do for people with autistic children. <3

Blythe

Mithlomwen

With the horrible news of the fires in California, there's this video clip:

Man saves wild bunny from flames....

I bawled. 

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Caeli

https://www.apnews.com/f99a0972daf043a5b2e7be7deb3d5d0d/Australian-Parliament-allows-same-sex-marriages

Australian Parliament says yes to same-sex marriage.
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia’s Parliament voted Thursday to allow same-sex marriage across the nation, following a bitter debate settled by a much-criticized government survey of voters that strongly endorsed change.

The public gallery in the House of Representatives erupted with applause when the bill passed. It changes the definition of marriage from solely between a man and a woman to “a union of two people” excluding all others. The legislation passed with a majority that wasn’t challenged, although four lawmakers registered their opposition.

“What a day. What a day for love, for equality, for respect. Australia has done it,” Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull told Parliament.

The Senate passed the same legislation last week 43 votes to 12. The government later announced that same-sex couples will be able to apply to marry starting Saturday, with the first weddings potentially from Jan. 6.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs