Interest Check -- Mutant Future

Started by shadowheart, July 15, 2008, 08:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowheart

tentative interest check post.  I am interested in GMing an old-school style game, and since (A)D&D is so very common, was thinking of some old-fashioned post apocalyptic RPing.

I don't have Gamma World, so I was going to use Goblinoid Games' Mutant Futures (http://www.goblinoidgames.com/mutantfuture.htm ) ruleset.  It's basically a modified version of the OGL with some old-school modifications to put it in line with the old Basic D&D style of RPing .. with of course the post-apocalyptic touches of mutants and sporadic high-tech in a world several centuries after modern society has gone kaplootsky.  Oh, and it's free! :)

If there's interest, I'll put polish on the campaign I am already working on.  If not, maybe an old-fashioned 1E AD&D campaign (also being worked on) might be more to the tastes of folks here on E? :)

JadeCore

I could be interested once I knew more.

shadowheart

Well, the world is one set several centuries after the apocalypse.  It's not necessarily the default Mutant Futures world, or Gamma World's setting .. it's an original as it were.

But, like those settings, humanity has managed to claw its way back up to medieval level technology.  Society is on the level of the village, with limited trading and communication between villages.   Most of the world is wasteland, inhabited by mutated monsters of all varieties.  Only the bravest travel far, except in fairly large caravans (which are rare due to the sparsity of population).  So it is a world of isolation, mystery, and danger.

The campaign focuses on a particular village that is fairly well off, and situated in the general vicinity of a large ruined city.  Expeditions are occasionally made to the city, but few ever come back.  The village is notable for being open and accepting of mutants so long as they are 'behaved.'  Players could therefore be human, mutated human, mutated animal, or even mutated plant.  As I noted, Mutant Future rules are used, basically as written, with a few exceptions (most notable is that the rules as printed allow androids, which I will not).

More detail than that is not available at start, as part of the premise of the campaign is exploration of an unknown world.

magnamos

Mutated Plants? Where can I sign up?!

I conclude we will be an Adventurerer Party looking in the destroyed City for

a) Useless Stuff from the time before the big bang
b) Why the hell all these people never came back... and we probably won't neither... wait what? °_°