Ultimate JLA, DC comics game, LGTBD characters welcome

Started by VoluptuousVixen, February 08, 2015, 04:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

Wait a second - you guys have been saying pretty hard that the fight with Despero was upcoming and hadn't happened yet. Even implied pretty strongly that only the Martian Manhunter knew he was coming.

When did that change?
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheVillain

I definitely sent out a few PMs of plot building under that impression and nobody said anything to correct me of that idea.

So why are we suddenly now saying that the Despero fight already happened?

Why did you turn the big bad of the first big story arc which you put effort into building up and then turn him into just a quick footnote at the last second? Without telling anyone as far as I can tell, I might add.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

VoluptuousVixen

TheVillain

From the way the thread went before it sounded like that was an upcoming event.

Not to mention that I sent at least 2 PMs to you, lois, about what I thought was an upcoming event and you never bothered to correct me.

Just to be clear; I'm not angry - just really, really confused.

VoluptuousVixen

Swordsman18

Villain, I am a little confused as well. I thought that was the main point of the initial arc. We were all called by Martian Manhunter to deal with him. And now we aren't?

vatovie

I read it as the previous arc. Kind of like a previously on justice league thing.

VoluptuousVixen

Sorry for the confusion.

il delete those posts and start again tomorrow, I may need help running this game.

TheVillain

It does help hearing that I'm not alone in this boat. Though I got the impression that he hadn't even done the call yet - but he was going to start soon.

Either way, at the very least we should of been corrected when we made posts and sent PMs for plotting based on that assumption.

--

Just for the sake of building solutions, could we say we're starting this before? Since we're still starting initial posts I don't think it changes a whole lot yet. Just a bit of editing of a few paragraphs.

I suppose I could provide a little help if that's what it takes. Not GM duties but I can bounce ideas.

vatovie

I'll help GM it if you want. I'm good at keeping plots in order no matter what and keeping them going. Just ask Swords. He is in a D&D game I run where one guys is trying to derail the whole plot.

Also I thought we said Constantine won't start on the team . I'm okay with changing that if you want though.

VashBly

This is going to happen sooner or later. So any villians taken?

Swordsman18

LOL! So who is the stand in for Power Girl? If it is Super Gal then I think he will be kept at bay. Starfire is going to need "dibs" explained to her.

VashBly

TheVillain

Quote from: vatovie on February 18, 2015, 10:17:03 PM
I'll help GM it if you want. I'm good at keeping plots in order no matter what and keeping them going. Just ask Swords. He is in a D&D game I run where one guys is trying to derail the whole plot.

Also I thought we said Constantine won't start on the team . I'm okay with changing that if you want though.

This would probably work better, I might be good for ideas but real life drama won't help with much more.

I can see Quickdraw helping recruit Constantine after he gets recruited himself if it helps. Quickdraw would have some knowledge of big points of the future, at least up to the Despero fight. A few points of events that need to stay the same, and other events that need to play out differently. Getting Constantine to play ball might be one of them.

vatovie

The Constantine thing wasn't him not wanting to join it was that the rest of the Justice league would think we was just a normal person and a con man at that. Yes with some magic but not enough to be important. That way there would his initial character struggle of trying to get their attention when he does something important.

Batman4560

So I just finished typing up my intro post and saw all the chatter here. Lois is it possible to get an OOC thread so we don't clog this up with OOC chatter?

So this is the synopsis for the first arc:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
THE FIRST ARC: After he destroyed Mars, he came to Earth,� laments Jozz to the newly formed League. But there was nothing to conquer. He killed the dominant speciesyour dinosaursand marked your Earth as a viable future world to subjugate. Hisno, its name is Despero, the immortal leader of his warlike race. He comes alone, conquers by his own hand and proves his status of God to his people. I have felt his mind. He is coming.

As the team races to learn everything they can about Despero and the Martian/human technology of the JLAs Manhattan HQ, Despero crashes to Earth in a fiery ball of death. Towering over seven feet tall, the alien wreaks havoc through the U.N., brutally killing every delegate inside and donning the UN`s flag as a symbol of his power. His next step is to murder the U.S. president, as Despero cuts a path of destruction through all U.S. resistance. Eventually catching up to him, the hastily assembled Justice League face the would-be conqueror as their first mission and their first failure. Even though they eventually defeat Despero, they may soon have to contend with an entire race of Desperos; having retreated behind Saturn, the rudderless army gives pause to ponder what to do with the one planet thats managed to defeat their god

However Lois also put up a post about the first team thing being fighting off a group called the Titans.

I think we should all assume that the league came together by fighting off Despero and we are picking up from there. It gives everyone a solid reason for teaming up and we skip the awkward intro posts where we don't know how to mingle with each other.

TheVillain

It's only awkward depending on how we do it. And I for one got the idea that Despero was the first big arc, Titans was an event in the Arc. Titans is part of the building up to Despero.

Besides man, it's Despero. Why would you say something really, really cool happened 5 minutes before we got there? That's just being a tease. :P

vatovie

Either way we can adapt our posts and the main issue becomes running out of plot because we skipped over some. This skip might cause the plot to be dragged out later if we don't do something.

Batman4560

True enough. If that is the case Lois needs to completely re do her opening post. But that's not a big deal I suppose. It just depends on if she feels up to it.

vatovie

Yeah I don't think it's too big of a deal but then again I like the idea of getting to the magic based arc quicker.

TheVillain

It's early enough that it wouldn't take much effort. And a few of us already Offered to help.

Batman4560

I'm sure we would all be willing to help.

Would it make more sense to assume something smaller happened to bring everyone together and maybe go with the Despero arc pick up here?

D12

Didn't the whole Despero thing already happen?

I mean it says "Even though they eventually defeat Despero, they may soon have to contend with an entire race of Desperos; having retreated behind Saturn, the rudderless army gives pause to ponder what to do with the one planet thats managed to defeat their god." -Here

I was under the impression that the story was starting off with The Key unlocking the gates of hell; that's why I had Eric Strauss die 'trying to stop The Key' (unlocking the gates of hell seems like the kind of thing Dr. Fate would try to stop.)
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Swordsman18

The man is right, I must have misread something... However I just thought the event was Martian Manhunter calling out to us about Despero so I was a bit confused. I shall post accordingly in the Metropolis thread.

Etherealgirl

Mkay, I posted. I tried to keep it vague, since I'm not sure what storyline is going on right now.