[Pathfinder] The Legacy of Auronorex [Recruitment Thread]

Started by Ghostwheel, May 07, 2015, 10:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwheel

It is a cold and rainy day in the port city of Augustana. Most of the merchants, vendors, and shoppers apparently decided that instead of getting drenched on the muddy streets, their day might be better spent enjoying a warm mug of cider in the nearest tavern. As a result, every table is spoken for in the taproom of the Tattered Flag alehouse.

With a grumble from those near to the door, a young boy makes his way into the smoky tavern, heading for the bar. After consulting with the bartender, he heads straight for you. Pulling off his raindrenched cloak, he nervously approaches, producing a sealed letter from his pocket.

“Beg your pardon, Sirs. I’ve a letter for you. Been told to deliver it today to this very place.” The young boy looks nervous as he holds out the wax-sealed envelope.

The time has come when I find myself all caught up on games, and want to get a little more RP in. Pathfinder seems pretty popular when games crop up (understatement maybe?), and while I've been itching to play a high-level one, not many of those tend to be ran, so I figured I'd run one myself. With that said, I'd like to keep momentum high, which means lots of posts. I will be expecting people to post fairly often--if you don't think you can commit to a post at least once every three days, and more than that in combat, please don't apply. I don't intend to be mean, but I really would like to keep the posting rate high so we can gain a level or three before the campaign ends for one reason or another. The party will have already adventured together, so make sure you apply with a character that can gel into a group, rather than someone who's always been a loner and is forced to work together with others due to circumstance.

I will decide on characters in at most a week, and before then if I find applications slowing down and have enough people, so get your concept in ASAP.

Character Creation Rules:
This is an adventure meant for 11th level adventurers, of which I will be accepting 4-5 based on party composition and application quality.
Characters will start with 25 point buy as well as the standard 82,000 gold in wealth, with the sum of your two most expensive items being no more than 41,000 gold.
Characters may begin with up to two traits, and may have a drawback if they so wish.
Your race may be from the Core, Featured, or Uncommon lists. (Obviously no noble drow.) You may also choose a psionic race if you so wish.
Characters gain maximum HP at every level, rather than rolling.

Allowed materials:
Anything by Paizo
Anything by Dreamscarred Press
Other material will be approved on a case-by-case basis

House Rules:
No Leadership feat (though hirelings are allowed if you want something similar for flavor purposes)
No item-creation feats beyond those granted by your class (special permission may be given for Prestige Class prerequisites and the like)
More may come on demand

Character Creation Format
Name:
Race:
Class(es):

Concept: Keep this to 3-5 sentences that hook me in and wow me. Impress me so that I choose you!

No need for a big background, personality, appearance (though attaching a picture is bound to bump you up a few points), or anything else that takes forever to do and is a pain. Have fun with it, and get me excited about your character!

Applicants (in no particular order):

Blinkin

I'll put in tentitive interest, pending more information about the adventure.

Any problem with a female human ranger played by a male?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

VonDoom

Hey Ghostweel! You running a game ought to be interesting and it is indeed quite rare to see a higher level game on here. Any chance you might drop some more information on the game -- overarching themes, which aspects of the game (combat encounters, social activities, puzzles, exploration ... ) are focused on if any, that sort of stuff?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Blinkin on May 07, 2015, 10:58:39 AM
Any problem with a female human ranger played by a male?

I don't mind.

Quote from: Blinkin on May 07, 2015, 10:58:39 AM
I'll put in tentitive interest, pending more information about the adventure.

Quote from: VonDoom on May 07, 2015, 11:00:43 AM
Any chance you might drop some more information on the game -- overarching themes, which aspects of the game (combat encounters, social activities, puzzles, exploration ... ) are focused on if any, that sort of stuff?

Exploration and combat encounters will be forefront for the first part of the adventure, but expect some of the rest splashed in as well. For the first part of the adventure I foresee... undead. Undead and dragons. Perhaps even undead dragons, gadzooks!

Blinkin

Hmmm... wonder how the favored enemy thing would work with one being undead and the other dragons... +6 vs undead dragons? ;)

My next question was going to be about favored enemies and animal companions... How would you feel about a smilodan based on a large cat template? Just for flavor.

Oh, and favored terrians. Nothing worse than a ranger who has absolutely nothing to offer on her biggest class features.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ghostwheel

I think the undead type overrides the dragon type :-P

I have no problem whatsoever reflavoring the smilodon as a large cat, as long as you would be able to take the dinosaur as your animal companion normally. Flavor it to make it work for you.

Finally, on terrains, I don't see it as anywhere near the biggest class feature, so I'll let you pick which ones you want for yourself ;)

If you REALLY don't want to chance it, there are a couple of archetypes that replace Favored Terrain, I believe.

Lockepick

Oh hey! Been talking to Ghostwheel off-site, so didn't think to post here.

Interested. Considering a Magus, but hemming and hawing over it.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ghostwheel

Since I was asked about it, updated original post with what races you could choose.

Pockets

08/02 - New A/A Update

Muse

I'd be interested too. 

Not sure what I'd like to play.  Psionics is tempting, but there don't seem to be any divine caster applications yet. 

Speaking of divine casters, what setting will this be in? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ghostwheel

Blinkin

Give me a hint on the types of terrains that the party will be in mainly? I would hate to set a character up for mountains and everything is going to take place in the artic, for example. I'll assume that the two types of critters mentioned will actually be what they'll meet at leat once in a while, so favored enemies are ok, I think.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ghostwheel

For what it's worth, here is some information on the city you're starting the adventure from. Though I make no promises as to what happens afterwards.

Muse

Name: Amidala Vors
Race:  Human
Class(es):  Cleric of Calistria (Domains of Lust and Trickery.) 

Concept:  Daughter of an Andoran banker and his buxom mistress, Amidala followed in her mother's trade and became a courtesan.  Young, beautiful, and passionate she was a great favorite.  After an older courtesan hired a band of thugs to ravish her, Amidala was nursed back to health and happiness by an elven priestess of Calistria.  She joined the clergy, took her vengence, and then left with a group of adventurer's to see the world. 
   A healer and a trickster, Amidala uses an enchanted whip to disarm or strike down her foes, put out candles, and snag small items from across the room. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

I've changed my mind on the class; going with something simpler and more straightforward... wanna guess?

Name:Myles Ta'Goe
Race:Human
Class(es):Swashbuckler

Concept: Keep this to 3-5 sentences that hook me in and wow me. Impress me so that I choose you! Witty, snippy, and a bit arogant, the bastard of a sailor and a whore none the less demands the best from himself. He's dragged himself up from the sewers to become a bit of a jack of all trades, a fine bladesman and, even to himself, perhaps a little too wreckless for his own good. If it's bravery or foolhartiness is up for debate, but he believes that the ends justifies the means... as long as it doesn't violate his deeply held morals and principles. What those may be could be up to debate, but the fact that he'll never violate them is as good as gold. A sailor, a an adventurer and lover of good drink, he's almost always up for a good story, or making one by living!

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Lockepick

Name: Ferrino (Real name: Glynquinal Yinneiros)
Race: Elf
Class: Magus

Concept: Self-loathing, adrenaline junky elf that has found his race to be too flighty, arrogant, and ineffective. Adventurer searching for true power that can further elevate his power and his physical form, though usually too moral to take the opportunities presented to him (Chaotic Good). After all, he can't exactly rub his ascension into the rest of his kind's face if he got there through nefarious means.

Character Sheet     Spellbook

Combat Role: 'Arm' -- Single Target Damage
Combat Script: Dex/Crit Scimitar Build. Dimensional Door + Spell Combat allows instant melee range for full attack actions. Spell Combat + Hasted Assault allows for a number of attacks to rival TWF, and Arcane Pool allows stacking damage types on each hit. Vampiric Touch should keep a healthy buffer of THP -- even more with a lucky crit -- and Arcane Shield allows for short term AC boost if I get overwhelmed. Spell Recall allows for 'situational spells' when need be -- though Memorized Spells are mostly combat specific.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Chulanowa

undecided but interested. Haven't made a character at that level range before, though

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Autocad

Name: Amasa
Race: Half-Giant
Class: Soulknife (Gifted Blade)

Concept: A ripped amazonian half-giantess wielding a huge sword and a huge sword. ;)  Towering over most other poeple, she wears but a few scraps of fabric that leave little of her ripped abs, toned arms, muscular legs, massive mammaries, and thick shaft to the imagination. Like the generations that have come and gone before her, she continues the fight for good and freedom with a huge ancestral sword manifested and augmented with her psionic powers. But inside, she is secretly a softie for small cute things, and doubly so if they're small cute things she can stick her other huge inherited sword in.

Character Picture (very definitely NSFW)

Got a question: can I manifest a Large instead of Medium mind blade?

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Autocad on May 08, 2015, 09:26:22 PM
Got a question: can I manifest a Large instead of Medium mind blade?

Unfortunately, a quick google search gave me no definite answers to that question. Throw up a post on DSP's forum (I'm sure they've got one), and we'll abide with whatever they say :-)

Galick

I'd be all for this! There any definite classes yet? I was thinking about going Inquisitor.

Ghostwheel

You can check the original post for a list of players who've applied and stated their classes.

MrBubbles

High-level Pathfinder set in Golarion?

(For real though, debating Warder, Slayer, Gunslinger or Brawler.)

Callie Del Noire