A Redcoat at the Door (M for F/M)

Started by Vassus, January 26, 2015, 02:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vassus

Hello there! In honor of Australia Day (not really, but, hey, my Australian grandfather is happy!), I wanted to do a RP I've done somewhat before, but I never did finish, and what a shame that was. Alright, what I want to do is play one of Their Majesty's soldiers, enlisted to fight over the hills and far away. A redcoat, the unwelomed guest in many a foreign land.

I can be of any type of soldier, from common foot soldier to officer, and you can be from anywhere I'm the Empire, at a time period from around 1760-1900. American colonies, India, Caribbean, Africa, Middle Eastern possessions (wow, I feel great and awful about being of British stock right now). Anywhere the Union Jack flew, typically over already established peoples. America, and especially India sound very intriguing right now.

I am American, raised partially by British people, so I know those cultures, but if you have somewhere else, while I love studying cultures, I'm afraid you may have to help me a tad. Or, we could roll with it, as I doubt some poor bloke from the Midlands had any idea how many rupees you needed to buy a loaf of bread either.

You can be either female or male, and if you have suggestions, I'm here to hear them. I'm looking for work right now, and doing a lot to find it, so I'm only looking for a few RPs at a time. I may post here where and when my current DPs from this idea are, so I don't have everyone asking for Boston in the run-up to the Revolution (though one or two of that I'm totally up for). That does not mean if has to be in the middle of some historical event.

My character could be a simple city guard, on patrol, fresh off the boat, or, like the last time I did this, if there's conflict, the British could be defeated in battle and I rush off into the wilderness, looking for shelter. Any situation you may think of, run it by me.

Thanks for reading all of this! Hope to hear from you soon, God save the Queen, and good day.

PM or Forum
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Vassus

I've had some good interest in this, but I'm still giving it a bump, because I'm still rather interested.
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?