News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Recruiting for Young Justice! Post Season 2

Started by LyraTigereyes, May 14, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LyraTigereyes

Recruiting all characters!

Recruitment Status Is: OPEN

Current Character Want List
Miss Martian
Batgirl
Tigress/Artemis

Visit the OOC Thread

Hello, there :)

So, one of the things I was contemplating while going through application is to get a more adult game going based on the Young Justice cartoon that aired until last year. Hopefully, there enough other fans out there to get something going :)

For those not familiar with the cartoon, but recognize the Young Justice name from DC Comics, I highly recommend watching the show; it's fantastic. Season 1 is on Netflix. This isn't exactly the same team as the Peter David comic, though. It's a mixture of the original Teen Titans (Robin, Speedy, Kid Flash, and Aqualad), along with Superboy to start things off. From there, the team grows until by the end of the final Season, there were about 20 members.

The idea would be to start things off a few months after the end of Season 2, to work with the incredible ending that the show was given.

All characters would be at least 16 in the game, with the aging being handwaved. Only Robin (Tim), Beast Boy, and Wonder Girl (Cassie) would have to be aged; everyone else is around 18 to 22 in the series.

If there's interest, we could start off with people picking from the main characters, then branch out from there. There's also pairings within the series for already established relationships.

Superboy/Miss Maritan
Robin (Tim)/Wonder Girl (Cassie)
Nightwing...still needs to choose between Batgirl and Zatanna ;)

So, if anyone's interested or have questions, post away :)

EDIT: So, snice interest is picking up, here's a list of possible characters that have appeared as of the end of Season 2. The ones marked with an * are the Core members and the ones that need to be filled as quickly as possible, although anyone is free to app a character.

Character List
Nightwing*
Superboy*
Kid Flash*
Aqualad*
Miss Martian*
Tigress/Artemis*
Red Arrow
Batgirl
Robin (Tim Drake)
Guardian (Mal Duncan)
Bumblebee
Beast Boy
Wonder Girl
Blue Beetle
Impulse
Lagoon Boy
Static
Zatanna (former member now with the Justice League)
Rocket (former member now with the Justice League)
Arsenal (offered membership but currently declined)
Longshadow (offered membership but currently declined)
Samurai (offered membership but currently declined)
Ed Dorado (offered membership but currently declined)

If you want to know about some of the characters and how they might differ from the comics version, here's an excellent wiki about the show

http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/Young_Justice_Wiki

Edit: This is now a recruiting thread. Yay! Right now, we have the following players and characters:

Nightwing: Phantom Pistoleer
Static: Juggtacular
Wonder Girl: LyraTigereyes
Superboy: Cold Heritage
Robin: apygoos
Kid Flash: TheRomanticPerv
Zatanna: Loves

Juggtacular

I'd love to play Virgil Hawkins aka Static.

And Captain Marvel if we're allowed more than one character.

PhantomPistoleer

I'd be interested in playing Nightwing.

I really, really like Nightwing.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Juggtacular

There's something about Nightwing...it just whelms me.

KnowThySire

I'd be interested in this, but the character I want to play the most died. :(
There can only be one king.

Juggtacular

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on May 14, 2014, 10:17:28 PM
I'd be interested in this, but the character I want to play the most died. :(

Tula?
Flash?
Etc..?

KnowThySire

Lol KF. He was the character most like myself on the show. A regular goofball.

LyraTigereyes

Spoilers, hon ;) Not everyone's seen it yet.

But, that could be an event to run, getting Wally back.

Quote from: Juggtacular on May 14, 2014, 07:03:43 PM
I'd love to play Virgil Hawkins aka Static.

And Captain Marvel if we're allowed more than one character.

Let's just start with one character each for now and see how things go.

For me, I'll pick one of the girls, but we'll see how much interest we get and who wants to play what.

Do you think 8 players would be a good start?

KnowThySire

If we could get that many, we could definitely have a game.

zenpai

I wonder is the a way I can make an arc for war hawk to join
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

LyraTigereyes

That would be cool, Zenpai, but it would have to be later, I think.

Let's get the mains going first, then we can have fun with bringing in some of our overlooked favorites :)

apygoos

as much as id love to be Nightwing, this is the fifth attempt at a Young Justice game. I hope you all find success, as after Nightwing, im not sure who id be interested in.

KnowThySire

You could be Tim Drake if you want to be another Robin. Aqualad would also be a nice choice too. He's a pretty good character as well.

AribethAmkiir

Tentatively interested.  I've been involved with a few Young Justice games that unfortunately failed.

I'd take one of the girls (obviously).

Question (though sort of a spoiler)

By the end of the series, Zatanna and others are part of the JL.  How will that change in this game, or will it?

Is there any interest in taking the story from the end of the 1st season and creating our own 2nd season.  It would provide more flexibility with character selection and character growth.

LyraTigereyes

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 15, 2014, 10:42:58 AM
Tentatively interested.  I've been involved with a few Young Justice games that unfortunately failed.

I'd take one of the girls (obviously).

Question (though sort of a spoiler)

By the end of the series, Zatanna and others are part of the JL.  How will that change in this game, or will it?

Is there any interest in taking the story from the end of the 1st season and creating our own 2nd season.  It would provide more flexibility with character selection and character growth.

Spoiler Answer
At the end of Season 2, the Team is stationed permanently on the Watchtower with the rest of the JL, able to freely interact with the League. So, Zatana and Rocket could easily work with both, of even choose to work more with the Team

As for starting up from the end of Season 1 rather than Season 2, I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea, there's a 5 year gap in the timeline, after all. It probably wouldn't be right after Season 1 ends, but a couple of years so that Robin (Dick) would be 16 rather than 14, to keep with E's policies. That would make Artemis and Wally 18 and Aqualad 18-20. So, I leave it up to the group if they want to do that instead. I wanted to pick up after Season 2 because there's a greater variety of characters and there's a lot of plot to mine right off the bat from the ending.

AribethAmkiir

I'm not opposed to either.  With the character someone mentioned they were most interested, I just thought of an alternative idea.

KnowThySire

I'd be for it, though I don't mind starting after season 2 either. Juggs helped me solve the Wally issue.

This talk of failing Young Justice rps scares me a bit. I think for this YJ rp to succeed, we need incentives for the people playing. Perhaps it's a good plot, people enjoy playing their character, they like their rp partners, there's a good villian, etc, etc. Either way, what can we make unique about this YJ rp that the others didn't have?

AribethAmkiir

The reason two of the previous ones failed, or the primary reason, was that the GM just up and disappeared.  Hard to make a story move forward when the person running the story flakes out.

LyraTigereyes

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on May 15, 2014, 11:31:47 AM
I'd be for it, though I don't mind starting after season 2 either. Juggs helped me solve the Wally issue.

This talk of failing Young Justice rps scares me a bit. I think for this YJ rp to succeed, we need incentives for the people playing. Perhaps it's a good plot, people enjoy playing their character, they like their rp partners, there's a good villian, etc, etc. Either way, what can we make unique about this YJ rp that the others didn't have?

All those are perfect points that I agree with. There needs to be a strong story and plot in the background and everyone has to enjoy writing with each other. I think the big starting event should be getting Wally back to the team. I think knowing that this happens sooner, rather than later, will get more fans interested, especially the Core characters.

And I'm interested in what you and Jugg came up with :)

Another point: if we start off small, 10 characters isn't a lot, we can build up slowly so that we're not overwhelmed by the number of participants. We don't have everyone screaming for screen time or thinking that they're getting lost in the shuffle. I think one way to counter this is to keep the plot and action scenes separate from the social-time scenes. We can incorporate the 'Location/Date/Time' stamp from the cartoon to help us with this. A social scene can start at a certain time, go for as many posts as needed, without taking away from an action or event scene that happens a bit later in the timeline.

AribethAmkiir

Sounds like a plan to me.  :)

I'm even more excited than I was initially.

apygoos

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 15, 2014, 11:14:55 AM
Spoiler Answer
At the end of Season 2, the Team is stationed permanently on the Watchtower with the rest of the JL, able to freely interact with the League. So, Zatana and Rocket could easily work with both, of even choose to work more with the Team

As for starting up from the end of Season 1 rather than Season 2, I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea, there's a 5 year gap in the timeline, after all. It probably wouldn't be right after Season 1 ends, but a couple of years so that Robin (Dick) would be 16 rather than 14, to keep with E's policies. That would make Artemis and Wally 18 and Aqualad 18-20. So, I leave it up to the group if they want to do that instead. I wanted to pick up after Season 2 because there's a greater variety of characters and there's a lot of plot to mine right off the bat from the ending.
note: Robin [Dick] is 13 in YJ season 1, the 5 year gap would make Nightwing 18..well exactly when he became Nightwing evne by offical canon so, theres no problem there.
If i couldnt have Nightwing, im not sure about Tim.
season 2 stuffs
Nightwing leaves to do his own thing for a while, leaving Batgirl in charge of the team
Ugh i dunno if id wanna play Tim. I love Tim, but, eh idunno. Aqualad is cool, but i'm not as remotely into him, heh.

KnowThySire

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 15, 2014, 12:07:46 PM
And I'm interested in what you and Jugg came up with :)

Well, it's nothing too crazy. Just that Wally would be trapped in the speed force and would have to find a way out. I'm pretty sure he or one of the other Flashes were there in the comics. I was going to research how to get him out once I got home from work.

I do like the idea of the time stamp. Also, seperate threads for the watchtower, earth, school will probably be necessary

@apygos: How about Red Arrow? Not sure what happened to him towards the end, but he's a little nightwing-esque.

@Ari: Glad you're feeling a little more confident in the rp.

Juggtacular

Most Flashes have been caught in the Speed Force at one point or another in comics. It's like a right of passage or something it happens so much, lol.

And at the end of the show, Red Arrow I believe stayed on The Team while also spending time with Cheshire and their kid, while Arsenal(original Speedy) preferred a solo career after helping save the world.

apygoos

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on May 15, 2014, 01:09:08 PM
Well, it's nothing too crazy. Just that Wally would be trapped in the speed force and would have to find a way out. I'm pretty sure he or one of the other Flashes were there in the comics. I was going to research how to get him out once I got home from work.

I do like the idea of the time stamp. Also, seperate threads for the watchtower, earth, school will probably be necessary

@apygos: How about Red Arrow? Not sure what happened to him towards the end, but he's a little nightwing-esque.

@Ari: Glad you're feeling a little more confident in the rp.
Red Arrow... i cant stand his character >.<
i know..i'm being difficult but..well im still pondering...

LyraTigereyes

I added a character list and a link to a wiki about the show in the first post.