Viable - A Mutant RP - Sandbox [Always Recruiting]

Started by Cynadea, April 23, 2015, 04:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

Background

The doctor Roberto Johannes was known as one of the elite in the scientific world but more precisely in the world of cloning. He was a genius, but a sociopath. For many years, he would use in-vitro fertilization of human eggs to insert modifications into the eggs, and the more technology advanced, the more his embryos became viable. His work was kept secret and owned by CDN Pharma, the company that had hired him, so that the controversial work would not see the light of day until there was a life-saving solution coming with it. It provided Dr. Johannes with all the genetic material and equipment that he needed.

He worked for almost a decade before the first truly viable embryo, without visible signs of its changes was grown in the laboratory and born in the cold, sterile environment. He perfected his method, discarded misshapen fetuses, he played god with no regard for his fail experiments, other than to avoid making the same mistake again. Until something happened, something that he did completely by mistake, a tremor in his hand, and all the pieces fell together just right.

What a disappointment it was when it turned out that more than three quarters of the babies appeared to be completely normal! Having no use for children without mutations, they were examined thoroughly and when found normal, were given in adoption through dubious channels, but the children were kept under loose surveillance, in case they showed latent mutations. The quarter of the babies that showed their mutations right from birth were kept in a compound near the research facility. Those that showed mutations later, the not-so-normal-after-all children, were taken and brought to the compound where the children were home schooled, trained to use their abilities, studied, and eventually allowed to go out in the world to work and live, but they had to report regularly, their loyalty had to be absolute… But loyalties are fluid.

The Setup

The group will be given several locations to mingle, to interact.
Playable game time will be a month at a time, and will be changed when enough player request that the game move forward. This would be during Year 2017

There would be three main locations, divided in smaller ones:
1. The Research facility: The compound, living quarters to give adults more privacy, the lab.
2. A country club/golf/ect: Neutral terrain for the meeting of the 3 groups off  the facilities’ grounds but also a place for them to meet in a casual setting (would have a bar, a pool, etc,)
3. The World
Possibly a 4. Rebel hideout, if that group gathers enough interest.

Most locations would be on the East coast, most likely somewhere near Washington D.C. though I’d take input on that, since I am not American.

There would be four possible groups(names subject to changes if something cooler is suggested):

1. The diplomats: paper pushers, lawyers, etc. Those who take care of the medias, control the information going out…
2. Tactical: retrieval of strays/runaways, damage control, they would be infiltrated in police, firefighter, maybe even military. They would also be those who decide to go super heroes.
3. Researchers: those among the mutants who want to continue the research and work at the facility, those who take care of the children, the teachers, etc.
4. The rebels: the villains, in a way, as the three other groups would seek to silence them one way or the other. Those who want nothing to do with the facility, and/or who want to bring it down and let the public know about it.

Characters

Males and Females
Those with mutations would be between 16 and 30
All adopted with no way to know the parents, but those raised by the facility (not adopted)
Could have more than one mutation, as long as they are in the same subgroup (list will be provided)

Game requirements

Would be allowed more than one character
3 paragraphs per post
Would require a real model as part of the app and the post header, no drawings or anime
Must follow the Oath of the Drake
Would be posted in N/C Human, but the post header includes a warning should N/C things happen.
Unless the GM approves, the world cannot be made aware of the existence of the project.

So this is an interest check, but I'm also open to questions and suggestions.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

arkhos

Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Valerian

It does sound intriguing... what sort of power level were you thinking?  And will there be GM-controlled plots?
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Cynadea

There will be GM controlled plots. I do plan not to let the game grow stale. An NPC mutant going homicidal and needing to be stopped. If there are enough "super-heroes" in the group, I might throw in something like a domestic terror attack that they can work to prevent. Something happening at the lab to get the research group working together, events at the country club, Etc. The nature of the characters that will be created would influence which plot I would pick, but the ideas aren't lacking.

As for power level, I'd say average x-men power level. Nothing as strong as Magneto or Professor X, but Wolverine's regeneration and claws would fit perfectly in, Storm's ability to control weather would also be fine. They would range from weak to super-human, but not strong enough to affect the planet the way Magneto can stop an earthquake or Prof. X can do through Cerebro.

I hope that answers your questions, if not I can try to clarify some more. :)

Interdiction of words

I would like to post my interest here, seems you have a good idea going. Superheroes are my favorite.
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Juggtacular

I'll plant a flag in this. Haven't gotten to do an original mutant/superhero type rp in a while.

FwuffyKittenz

I'm in, likewise I haven't had a good superhero one in a while.

Pumpkin Seeds

Cynadea

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=227935.0

I've made the OOC, will wait to see how many people join before I start planning the RP thread, since we're allowed 2 IC threads per player in the group :)

Julles

Etah dna Evol

- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs