Chatroom Party! When would work for everyone?

Started by Lyria, May 15, 2005, 12:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyria

It seems many of us stop by the chatroom, but no one is there when we do. What might be a good way to jumpstart the chatroom is to plan a Chat Party! We can set a date and time, and with prior notice hopefully we can fill the room :)

So, when would work for most people? I know it will be a challenge to find a time that works for the majority, given the different time zones and all, but maybe we can find one.

I was thinking maybe Saturday May 21, from about 2pm CST to 5pm CST. Hopefully if we can make it afternoonish in the US, it won't be too late at night for our European friends.

What do you all think?
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Trieste

Unfortunately, I work during that period of time. :(

Lancis

i work that night which means i to will be sawing logs during that time period.

but its a cool idea!

Lancis
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Hunter

Maybe it would help if peoples admitted their normal hang time in the chat room.  It's easier to co-ordinate a party that way.    :o

calixazhure

good idea, hunter!

I'm on Monday - Thursday from 7pm - 9pm (sometimes as late as 10:30 if i fail at kicking myself off by 9:30)  ::)
Fridays i'm never really on at all unless my usual plans change
Saturday & Sundays I'm on from 8am - noonish. (all times Eastern, USA)

Lyria

Quote from: Hunter on May 15, 2005, 06:55:29 AM
Maybe it would help if peoples admitted their normal hang time in the chat room.  It's easier to co-ordinate a party that way.    :o

Yeah, that's what I suggested in my second paragraph when I asked what time worked for people  ;) My time was just a suggestion.  ;D
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Trieste

Heh. Unless I have the day off, I'm almost always on the boards after 10 or 11 central time. 'Course, I rarely pop into the chatroom, since no one's ever *in* there... :( But I can start checking.

Moridin

I was in there for a bit today, but the only person I saw was Lilac.
Straight male.  As long as its within the rules of the forum, and doesn't involve fire, I'll try it once.

Ariabella

My schedule is wide and varied due to work , but the best time for me is after 10 EST.
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Hunter

I'm on irregularly.  Not having a job does that for a person.   :'(