Mobsters of Port Temperance (Day Three)

Started by Avi, June 27, 2009, 05:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

It is the late 1920s in America.  The Roaring Twenties are coming to a head, and with it, the relatively new phenomenon of organized crime.  The small town of Port Temperance has remained largely unscathed, but now, news reports indicate that the Mafia will be moving in on the town.  Indeed, they might even be here already!  The citizens of Port Temperance will soon find out, and they can only hope that they will survive the experience.  Introduce yourselves!  Mingle!  Socialize.  Then go to bed... and hope you make it until morning.

Port Temperance.  Population: 12 (9 Citizens, 3 Mobsters, 1 P.I., 1 Vigilante, 1 Doctor, 1 Bodyguard)
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Avi

//And just as a reminder, any and all PMs between players should also be sent to me. :D  I need entertainment, and it is great to watch how things play out behind the scenes.  Just add me as a recipient, and make sure to hit Reply All when you're corresponding.  Thanks!

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Avi on June 27, 2009, 06:10:06 PM
//And just as a reminder, any and all PMs between players should also be sent to me. :D  I need entertainment, and it is great to watch how things play out behind the scenes.  Just add me as a recipient, and make sure to hit Reply All when you're corresponding.  Thanks!
((If you're doing that, it'd be cool to post a bunch of the logs when the game is done, for our amusement. Like people on reality shows watching the show when it is done and realizing they're idiots. :P))

Avi

((Heh, dunno if I've got the time for that, but... we'll see. ;)  For sure, I'll post the nightly occurences at the end, so we can see how things progressed.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Avi on June 27, 2009, 06:13:29 PM
((Heh, dunno if I've got the time for that, but... we'll see. ;)  For sure, I'll post the nightly occurences at the end, so we can see how things progressed.
((Well then, also forward everything to me as the game goes on, and I'll post it all at the end? :P ))

Rhapsody

( Are you going to keep a running tally of who's left and what roles are left? )

Rhapsody closed up her dress shop and counted out the cash she had made that day.  It wasn't much, but times were hard everywher,e and she was lucky to have a profession people would pay to use.  Nervously, she glanced around at the other people on the street -- there had been rumors of the mob moving into the town, and though those rumors were as-yet unsubstantiated, she had no real desire to see them become a reality.  Paying those thugs protection money on top of buying food and paying rent would bankrupt her.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Avi

((Can't really do all of that, since you're playing. :P  Okay, I'll record the PMs, and if anyone's interested, I can e-mail them the Word file at the end.

Avi

Quote from: Rhapsody on June 27, 2009, 06:17:15 PM
( Are you going to keep a running tally of who's left and what roles are left? )

Yes, I will.  *nods*  I'll start the tally once the game truly gets going.

Saku

Quote((If you're doing that, it'd be cool to post a bunch of the logs when the game is done, for our amusement. Like people on reality shows watching the show when it is done and realizing they're idiots. :P))

Ooooh yes yes! I like Music's idea! I want to see when the game is over :) xD hehehehee FUN!

Saku looks around warily, wondering who the mobsters might be that are either in town or are coming to town but has the sneaking suspicion that they are already here and mingling amongst the population of Port Temperance. She'd have to track them down and figure out if she could get a part of the action! Saku was tired of being just a normal citizen and wanted to do something fun for once.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

MusicNeverDies

Music sat in the living room of her home, on the thick windowsill meant just for reading. In her hands was a tattered copy of Moby Dick. She looked out the window with a small sigh as the night lingered in the sky, waiting to overtake the falling sun. Night was coming and Music really didn't want to have to deal with the night. Those mobsters who were said to have moved into town would most likely operate under the cover of the darkness. Bookmarking her page and sliding her feet off the ledge, she stood, leaving the curtains behind her open. Perhaps she'd get a glass of water and watch the sun go down. Or watch her lawn and shoo away anyone nearby who looked suspicious, try to avoid letting anyone get killed on her property, thank you very much.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Avi on June 27, 2009, 06:17:44 PM
((Can't really do all of that, since you're playing. :P  Okay, I'll record the PMs, and if anyone's interested, I can e-mail them the Word file at the end.
((I was mostly kidding about doing it as the game is going. :P I'd volunteer to organize the stuff and post it at the end. ))

LadySky

LadySky turned off all the lights of her little pie store. Another long day but productive day. Being sure to lock up tightly she made her way to the local dance hall for a few dances before bed. Nothing like a sweaty man rubbing up on her to make her happy she was sleeping alone.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Saku

Saku meanders around aimlessly as she waits for something fun to happen...
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

Teno

'Damn, the mob here?' Teno heard the rumours flying about, and began to look over his shoulder near every corner shop. He was especially of the Italian diner across the way, which seemed to be doing much business, and entered the club. He sat at the bar and bought a drink, looking over the patrons.

Avi

((Gonna give everyone a chance to post an initial spiel before turning it to night, just so everyone knows. :)

Marguerite

Marguerite got back after banging a few bucks out of some goons to supplement her drug addiction. Her drug of choice Chocolate was bleeding her dry and it looked as if her teeth needed a good brushing tonight.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Madalina

Was not overly concerned about the mobsters. She was way too cute for killing. So after only a half hearted survey of the people in the bar that she had just entered, she takes a seat at the bar and orders herself a drink.

Eliza

Eliza had walked into the bar after cleaning up at the pizza parlor, checking to see if she had left her apron on. As the doors of club creaked, every head in the place turned, some rather quickly and some subtly. After feeling the tension in the club, she made her way to the bar, ordering a cold beer to cool herself down.

LadySky

Making her way through the steadily growing crowd she spotted Marguerite and slid up beside her.

"Got a Chocolate Pie just for you Marg if you'll dance with me." she giggled knowing Marg's weakness for the dark stuff.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Josietta

Josi pushed open the door to her small apartment home and sighed kicking off her shoes and tossing her keys into a small wooden bowl nearby. She had made it through one more day at that tiny diner and her feet were aching. She turned on the hot water to fill her tub and went to get a quick bit of cheese and fruit  as well as a glass of wine (something rather cheap and not very tasty but did the work to relax her well). She would spend her evening soaking in the tub and hopefully wouldn't pass out doing so, before finding her way out for a night cap and hopefully find a nice gentleman as well. She had been lonely most nights and a good man was hard to find these days. She had heard the rumors as well, flying through the cafe doors as quickly as the lunch our traffic. She paid it no mind and just relaxed, then went on her way to find a good source of entertainment for the evening.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Avi

(Hmmm... alright.  Unless anyone else wants to post, I will advance the time at around 6pm central time, and we'll find out who's the first to get a bullet to the head. ;) )

LadySky

Aiden

Aiden was one of the local boys, his roots dug deep in Port Temperance. All his life he had lived as a dock hand at the pier, going to school and aspiring to make something of himself. Law was his calling, working his way to become a law clerk in port, slowly until he became one vicious defense attorney. In the past few months he was hoping to add a new title to his name, now that the town was in need of a new mayor he hoped his dedication to the law was enough to give him the upper hand over everyone else.

After a full day of work he reported to the local watering hole and ordered a drink to calm the nerves and enjoy the evening. He smiled at those who looked his way and offered conversation to those who wanted to chat. The recent talks of mobsters was unsettling, such a calm town, he hated to imagine those the slimy sons-of-bitches within the citizen population.

Avi

((Alright, since I am going to be out to dinner and might not be back exactly at six, I am going to advance time now.  I have sent the PM out to the Doctor, and as soon as I get their answer back, I will tell you has (or hasn't) been whacked.))

The citizens of Port Temperance milled about for a while longer, most of them staying out late at the bar or the club until well past midnight.  Then, after a long night of revelry, they head off to their homes and sleep, unaware of what the next day may bring.

Avi

The next morning dawns bright and clear.  A beautiful morning by every standard.  However, as the citizens of Port Temperance gather for their daily town meeting, it is quickly discovered that Teno is not among you.  Splitting into groups, you search high and low for the unfortunate man, and finally, Aiden and LadySky find him... sort of.  It is clear that he's dead, and that he was just an ordinary Citizen.  His body is beaten and bloody, seemingly with the help of a baseball bat, and around his neck, the telltale bruising of a garrote wire can be seen.  Cause of death:  Blunt trauma and asphyxiation.

Once his body has been carried to the morgue, it is determined that the business of the day is two-fold.  First, a town mayor needs to be elected.  Second, it is clear that the Mafia is in town, and someone must die for Teno's senseless murder.  Good thing that the town's electric chair is prepped and ready.

Port Temperance.  Population: 11.  (8 Citizens, 3 Mobsters, 1 Doctor, 1 Vigilante, 1 P.I., 1 Bodyguard)

//Alrighty, time to elect a Mayor!  After that... *evil cackling*  The paranoia begins.

LadySky

Returning from the morgue LadySky opened her pie shop and began the daily baking. Keeping busy was her only way of not losing her mind as she kept seeing Teno's poor broken body over and over again. Unfortunatly she was not keeping a very close eye on her baking and several pies ended up with some very strange ingredients.

Taking a break she walked to the voting booth and slipped her vote in the box. Aiden

He did make her feel all warm and fuzzy so why not vote him mayor!

Rhapsody

When the news circulates, she shakes her head, thinking of the quiet man who'd had the guts to walk into an Italian eatery, daring them to try something.  And look how he was rewarded for his brashness.  She sighs as she opens her dress shop for the day, nervously checking over her shoulder for anyone eyeing her place as a next likely target. 

When the polls come around with the ballots for mayor, she hesitates for a moment, then scrawls Marguerite's name.  Though she was something of an unsavory sort, anyone that obvious couldn't possibly be a mobster... could they?
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Avi

Mayoral Votes

Aiden: 1 (LadySky)
Marguerite: 1 (Rhapsody)

Not yet voted:  Marguerite, MusicNeverDies, Tad, Saku, Josietta, Eliza, Madalina, Aiden, Greenthorn

Avi

((D'oh, I just realized I forgot to get the bodyguard's protection target for last night.  X_X  Sorry!  I'll be sure to PM you next time, Bodyguard.))

Josietta

Josi raises a brow at the vote for Marguerite when it was obvious she was a crack addict or even a street walker. She wondered just why anyone would want someone strung out on drugs as a mayor. She wrote down her vote of Aiden as well, he was an upstanding member of society and one of the finest lawyers in town.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Avi

((Oh, and just to be clear, starting with this next night, the Bodyguard and the Vigilante are now able to use their abilities, since it is clear that the Mob is in Port Temperance.  When I turn Day to Night, I will expect PMs from the Bodyguard, P.I., Doctor, and Vigilante as to what they choose to do.  Thank you! -The Don))

Saku

Saku decided that Aiden seemed trustworthy and gave him her vote. She still needed to figure out who the mobsters were in order to bring them down or at least drive them out of town but that could wait until after the voting was done for the election. After all, it wasn't as though there would be another killing, not until the town's residents voted on who they thought killed poor Teno ; ; and at such a young age! Such a brutal killing. Hopefully no one would be next, maybe she could get to the mobsters in time and perhaps try to bargain for them to move out of the town and go elsewhere...
I'm back!

Avi

Mayoral Votes

Aiden: 3 (LadySky, Josietta, Saku)
Marguerite: 1 (Rhapsody)

Not yet voted:  Marguerite, MusicNeverDies, Tad, Eliza, Madalina, Aiden, Greenthorn

Madalina

Also found that to her, Aiden had a trustworthy face. He was a down home local such as she. So she quickly cast her ballet for Aiden.

Tad

(Sorry about being out for last night... busy schedule.  Up and ready now though...)

Tad pulls her Packard back up in front of her town house.  That 'cruise' on her boat had definitely brought in some good supplies for the bar.  And with the coppers keeping such a close eye on most folks, her services as a rum runner were in high demand.  Still, no one would suspect the innocent daughter of the port's pastor to be involved in something so sinful...

As soon as she heads out of her house after dropping of her new cargo she can tell something's wrong.  She heads down to the bar to check on her buyer and find out what all the buzz is about.  Finding out about the election, she decides to vote for Marg as well.  It's not like anyone would know who voted for the girl, and a lax government would let Tad see if she could work any of this to her advantage.
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Avi

((Oh, just another reminder.  Make sure to bold the person you are voting for, to make it easier for me to figure it out. :)  Thank ya.))

Eliza

Eliza opened her uncle's pizza parlor for the day, quickly heading to the back to get her nostalgic apron, right where she left it last night. The dreadful news hadn't reach her ears until noontime, where lunch for the town's elderly folks rushed in for the brick oven-baked pizza pies. Teno, a young member of the town, was found brutally murdered. "Was it the work of the mob?" Eliza wondered. The talk of the gruesome murder put an atmosphere of mourning from the old folks. "He was such a fine boy," the elderly men murmured about.

To balance out the bad news, word of a running ballot reached the pizza parlor. Just around that time, Eliza's uncle sent her off for her break. Deciding to cast her vote, Eliza left the pizzeria and darted for the Town Hall. The townspeople had already come and wrote names upon pieces of paper, which they inserted into ballot boxes. "Who should I vote for?" Eliza asked herself.

"It should be somebody in law," Eliza thought and writing Aiden on a piece of paper, casted her vote on the lawyer, and town local, for mayor.

Aiden

Aiden did not know Teno well, (did not post before he was killed) but he did visit his family and offer his sympathies. Hearing of his nominations he went to nominate himself (Aiden) , hoping the position would help him find the cruel murderers.

Avi

Mayoral Votes

Aiden: 6 (LadySky, Josietta, Saku, Aiden, Madalina, Eliza)
Marguerite: 2 (Rhapsody, Tad)

Not yet voted:  Marguerite, MusicNeverDies, Greenthorn

MusicNeverDies

Music watched the voting and finally stepped up, scribbling Aiden's name on her page and slipping it in. By the amount who ad voted for him already, it was not like anyone else could win. She then moved hastily to the hardware store, looking to buy some more locks for her door.

Greenthorn

Marg

(sorry...totally forgot about this!  :-[ )

Marguerite

Avi

Mayoral Votes

Aiden: 7 (LadySky, Josietta, Saku, Aiden, Madalina, Eliza, MusicNeverDies)
Marguerite: 3 (Rhapsody, Tad, Greenthorn)

Not yet voted:  Marguerite

((You're forgiven, GT. ;) And yes, you may, Marg.  The rule is that you cannot nominate yourself.  Sort of like the Presidential election.))

Marguerite

[[-Nods- Gotcha]]

Then since Aiden is going to win nonetheless, still rather vote for Marguerite. I hear she talks to chocolate at night.

Avi

With an ultimate victory margin of 8 to 3, Aiden is elected the new Mayor of Port Temperance.  After much congratulating, back-slapping, and even a round of beers at the Bar, the second half of the town's business for the day rears its ugly head. 

The Mafia is here.  That much is clear.  It would be best to try to weed them out as soon as possible, and now... it was time to decide who should be punished for Teno's violent death. 

((Let the finger-pointing begin. ;)  *leans back in his Godfather chair, smoking a cigar and imitating Marlon Brando*))

LadySky

After apologizing at least a dozen times for the strange pie's she had made today, especially the one with a beet in it,  LadySky was tired and ready for some fun! Heading home to shower and change she quickly locked up her little place and made her way to the dance floor. The evening was hot and sticky and she watched others carefully, someone here had taken Teno before his time, but who?

Taking a break from the arms of her current dance partner LadySky wrote her vote for Saku and slipped it into the box.

Willing to bargain with them heh?

Saku

Saku looked over at LadySky and decided that she would vote for LadySky to return the favor! After all, Saku didn't want to join the mobsters, she wanted to find out who they were so that she could convince them to leave peacefully. That way there would be no bloodshed and it would be another town's problem.
I'm back!

Avi

Execution Votes

Saku: 1 (LadySky)
LadySky: 1 (Saku)

Not yet voted: Rhapsody, Tad, Marguerite, Eliza, Madalina, Aiden, MusicNeverDies, Greenthorn, Josietta

Rhapsody

After a lot of thought, and warmly congratulating the new mayor even though she'd voted for the other guy, Rhapsody considers the murmurings of her fellow citizens, then nods sadly and casts a vote for LadySky.  Apologies or not, she'd heard rumors that the piemaker had served some very suspicious pies today.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

LadySky

LadySky is shocked by the votes against her! Everyone knows I am simply a maker of pies, even if there happen to be beets in some of them today!  :P

Madalina

Owning a pie shop just screams connections with the mob! Hadn’t anyone seen cartoons? They always slip tools and weapons to the prisoners inside of pies and cakes. She quickly scribbled LadySky for her vote, then went home to eat a slice of pumpkin pie.

Eliza

Eliza had finished up another work day making scrumptious pizza pie for the older patrons. Remembering to leave her apron in the kitchen, something she forgot to do when she worked in the parlor earlier in the year. She heard that Aiden was voted for mayor and he was approving the use of the county prison's new electric chair. She wasn't one to support the death penalty, but whoever killed Teno in the manner that he died deserved to die.

Heading to the local watering hole for some cool non-alcohol beverages, she was met with wandering eyes in the club. The same tension Eliza felt the previous night, before Teno was murdered, lingered in the building. She witnessed a confrontation between LadySky and Saku and after hearing that they voted for the other, she knew that the tension was influencing the townspeople. Approaching the box, she wrote Saku on a voting card and slipped it into the box. She deduced that if LadySky discovered the corpse of Teno with the new Mayor Aiden, she wouldn't have a hand in it.

Avi

Execution Votes

LadySky: 3 (Saku, Madalina, Rhapsody)
Saku: 2 (LadySky, Eliza)

Not yet voted: Tad, Marguerite, Aiden, MusicNeverDies, Greenthorn, Josietta

((If the margin stays fairly close, I will not immediately close voting upon receiving all votes, instead giving those involved a chance to defend themselves and for voters to change their mind.))

Josietta

Josi had heard about the murder and found out that the mob was definitely in town. It disheartened her a bit to know that her small hometown was not safe any longer. She watched those who came and went noting what each did to see if they were acting guilty or not. A pie maker? What was this Sweeney Todd?  She chewed at her lip and wrote down a name of one she didn't know, it was always those unknowns.  Eliza

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Tad

Something about Rhapsody just doesn't feel right to Tad.  As stealthily as possible, she writes down the girl's name and drops it into the pot...
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Greenthorn

MusicNeverDies is such a mob name!  Music was probably the dude they found wearing cement legs in the river!

Avi

Execution Votes

LadySky: 3 (Saku, Madalina, Rhapsody)
MusicNeverDies: 1 (Greenthorn)
Rhapsody: 1 (Tad)
Eliza: 1 (Josietta)

Not yet voted: Marguerite, Aiden, MusicNeverDies

Marguerite

Thinking carefully, she put Ladysky as a potential mobster. The woman had gams to try and warn people she was one before she whacked them and threw them in the river.

MusicNeverDies

Passing a look at Greenthorn, Music scribbled down LadySky and tossed it in, looking slightly offended.

Avi

Execution Votes

LadySky: 5 (Saku, Madalina, Rhapsody, Marguerite, MusicNeverDies)
MusicNeverDies: 1 (Greenthorn)
Rhapsody: 1 (Tad)

Not yet voted: Aiden

LadySky

No No No No! I am just a simple pie maker! You are so making a mistake! *offers pie to all who want to kill her*

I really, really am just a humble citizen....

Avi

((The Dead Man's Club is now up and running.  It can be found here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=40726.0 ))

Aiden

Aiden knew that Lady Sky's fate had been decided by the people, at this point he did not know who to trust but he always enjoyed a slice of pie at her shop. Biting his lip as he saw as they condemned her to death, wondering if she really was a front for the mobsters. No matter what, she was a part of the town and he went to console her in her final moments.
"I am sorry Lady Sky...but I must do what is best for the town..."

LadySky

LadySky sat down on the floor and simply wept. I really am not a bad person guys! Your gonna feel bad about this!

Looking at Aiden she sticks out her tongue at his betrayal! She always gave him free pie, how could he do this to her!?

Avi

((Okay then... since no one seems inclined to change their minds...))

With a total vote tally of more than half the town, it is quite obvious whom the citizens have chosen to die in exchange for Teno's murder.  The executioner comes forward to lead LadySky away, who seems resigned to her fate and takes it in stoic silence.  A few minutes later, the executioner returns, shaking his head sadly.  There was no evidence on LadySky's body of any sort of secret.  Indeed, it seems that she was an innocent Citizen.

Two Citizens dead, and no Mobsters to show for it.  Not a good start for the people of Port Temperance.

Port Temperance.  Population: 10. (7 Citizens, 3 Mobsters. 1 P.I., 1 Vigilante, 1 Doctor, 1 Bodyguard)

((Alrighty, it is now Night 2!  I will need PMs from the Bodyguard and the Mobsters (The Vigilante and the P.I. have already come forward to tell me what they wish to do.)  The sooner I get those, the sooner we find out what happens next!))

Avi

The next morning, the sun rises into a clear blue sky, shining cheerily as the new day dawns.  As the citizens come out from their homes and gather in the town center, it is soon apparent that yet another member of the population has gone missing.  Tad has not shown up this morning, and no one has seen her.

Fearing the worse, Aiden dispatches search groups for the missing Citizen, and soon enough, the truth comes out.  Rhapsody and Marguerite find Tad's body lying on the floor of her house, two clean bullet wounds in her chest.  It appears that she put up a considerable fight, and both a baseball bat and brass knuckles lie beside her body.  It seems that she was the town Bodyguard, but she had not been able to protect herself and had fallen victim to the mobsters.

Aiden and Eliza help to take Tad's body to the morgue, and then, after calling the townsfolk together, Aiden declares that they must find the mobsters before it is too late, before more people have to die in such a violent way.

Port Temperance.  Population: 9 (3 Mobsters, 6 Citizens, 1 Doctor, 1 Vigilante, 1 P.I.)

Josietta

((Can we get a list of who is left? as in players?))

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Avi

((Oh, of course.  Sorry.))

Marguerite
MusicNeverDies
Saku
Josietta
Rhapsody
Eliza
Madalina
Greenthorn
Aiden

Rhapsody

Shaken to the core by the horrific sight of Tad's body, Rhapsody does not open her dress shop that morning. Instead, she wanders about town square, pale and thoughtful.  Two innocents, gone in the span of a day.  Perhaps LadySky had been on to something about Saku after all.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Saku

The fact that Tad was found with two bullet holes in her chest made Saku cry for she had liked the girl, the poor thing hadn't had a chance to shine yet and now she never would. Why were the Mobsters so cruel?

Saku was shocked that Rhapsody would think she had anything to do with LadySky's unfortunate death. For she would not have voted for LadySky had LadySky not voted against her, since Saku was innocent of being a Mobster. Naturally since someone had voted that she be put to death - and Saku was innocent of the charges - she assumed that LadySky would be a Mobster.

It was sad that she was not but she might very well have been. Take a look at everyone who had sided with her and yet Rhapsody was not pointing fingers at them. They were just as likely to have had a hand in it! So as before, since someone had pointed a finger at Saku and blamed her for being a Mobster, Saku pointed a finger back at the accuser and voted for Rhapsody to return the favor.

Hopefully Rhapsody would not be innocent or else she would feel quite depressed. It was only a matter of time before more information started coming out about Rhapsody or the others and then she would find out where the truth lay.
I'm back!

Greenthorn

Josietta

Josi wakes for work the next day, hearing about the murder she frowns and sips her cup of coffee. Contemplating who could have been part of this mob she dresses for work and makes her way down to the small diner. She watches the early morning risers who come out and stops wondering if maybe Eliza isn't one of those mobsters. The daughters of religious officials were always bad news.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Eliza

The sight of red made Eliza even more queasy, since she was used to seeing red tomato sauce on pizza. But to see Tad's limp corpse with her entry wounds made her day worse. After seeing Eliza throw up in the kitchen, her uncle sent her on a day off.

The morning air was refreshing to Eliza's body and made her forget of ever finding Tad's body in the most recent position it has been in. Though the air of Port Temperance was refreshing, the tension in the whole town was caused by the discovering of Tad's murder. Eliza heard of voting for Tad's murderer to be sent to the infamous electric chair, and though she didn't support the gruesome penalty for murder, she knew somebody had to pay for Tad's shortened life. And judging by how the corpse lay, two through-and-throughs to the chest, whoever killed Tad, killed her in cold blood.

Thinking of her vote last time, she had voted Saku for the electric chair. Now, Eliza's vote for Saku had grown more definite since LadySky's execution led everyone to believe that they had killed a innocent civilian. She wrote Saku's name on the ballot and inserted it into the ballot box.

Avi

Execution Votes

Saku: 2 (Rhapsody, Eliza)
Aiden: 1 (Greenthorn)
Rhapsody: 1 (Saku)

Not yet voted:  Marguerite, MusicNeverDies, Aiden, Madalina

Saku

Saku listens to what Josietta says and thinks about it. She did have a point. The daughters of religious officials usually were bad news in many different ways. Perhaps the daughter decided that she didn't want to listen to her strict father anymore and lashed out. So she changed her vote from Rhapsody to Eliza
I'm back!

Avi

Execution Votes

Eliza: 3 (Josietta, Saku, MusicNeverDies)

Not yet voted:  Marguerite, Aiden, Madalina

Marguerite

Marguerite looked at the votes and then looked at who might be it. "Hell, I am going to just vote for Eliza since it looks like she is going to take a ride."

Eliza

"What's this talk about religious officials, and the daughter of them is me?" Eliza questioned, "I have never said nor told anyone about me being a daughter of a religious official, or whatever you call it. You better have your facts right and not go blaming others for things that aren't true. You better get your facts right, because it's the false things that end up killing people."

"And to clear the record, I make pizzas, that's all," she stated.

Josietta

Josi tilts her head a bit and scrunches her nose. "hrmm.. maybe i'm thinking of Madalina... eh.. oh well.. either way everyone knows pizza is equated with italians.. and italians are mobsters.. "   She nods a few times.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Rhapsody

I still say Saku is our most likely candidate.  She was spearheading the campaign for LadySky's death, which I sadly fell for, and today she's spreading rumors that Eliza's a corrupt pastor's daughter.  When will it end?
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Saku

I don't think so! I only voted for LadySky because she voted for me first! And I did not spread rumors that Eliza was a corrupt pastor's daughter, that was Josietta and it made sense to me and apparently to others as well, don't go spreading rumors about me!

I voted for you too Rhapsody because you voted for me but then Josietta convinced me that it could be Eliza.

You can think what you want but I guarantee that I am not a mobster. I may be something else *hints* but I am not a mobster.
I'm back!

Rhapsody

You're either a mobster, or asking the mobsters to come whack you.  Either way, not a smart thing to admit to.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Saku

Well then I'm the latter *winks* and who ever said I was smart? O.O ^^
I'm back!

Avi

Execution Votes

Eliza: 4 (Josietta, Saku, MusicNeverDies, Marguerite)

Not yet voted:  Aiden, Madalina

Josietta

Josi stares at Saku wondering just what that girl is about.
"You should not be so defensive. If you are a mobster you're trying too hard. If you aren't you're still trying too hard. Either way you're going to meet your end sooner than is healthy. "

She had made her vote already and was fully intent on convicting Eliza. She didn't trust her. She went back to her job at the diner serving greasy burgers and flapjacks to the various working folks and old people who came in. She was all smiles trying to cheer up the town with some good food, despite the recent deaths and impending doom hanging over them all.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Eliza

Eliza realizes Saku would have been a bad vote, and changes her vote to Josietta for accusing her because she is a daughter of a religious official.

"All false accusation, where did you even get the idea?"

Josietta

I already explained I got you mixed up with Madalina, but I still think you are a mobster. As I explained a couple posts up. Why are you so intent on defending yourself against a false accusation of being some sort of religious official? whats wrong with being a pastor's daughter?

Quote from: Josietta on July 03, 2009, 09:54:07 AM
Josi tilts her head a bit and scrunches her nose. "hrmm.. maybe i'm thinking of Madalina... eh.. oh well.. either way everyone knows pizza is equated with italians.. and italians are mobsters.. "   She nods a few times.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Avi

Execution Votes

Josietta: 1 (Eliza)
Saku: 1 (Rhapsody)

Not yet voted:  Aiden, Madalina

Saku

Saku thinks about her vote being with Eliza and decides that perhaps her original vote was right after all, it does seem as though Rhapsody is out to get her. Since Saku knows that she is innocent and that Eliza realized this as well perhaps she might not be a Mobster. After all if Eliza who voted for her first changed her vote that must mean she discovered evidence that Saku was innocent. If she were a Mobster she wouldn't have changed it. So for now Saku decided that she would place her vote with Rhapsody. Unless further evidence came up that would change her mind again.
I'm back!

Rhapsody

I notice you're doing an awful lot of voting for innocent people, Saku.  Guilty conscience?  Go ahead, put the hit on me, and when I'm revealled to be nothing more than a simple dressmaker, you'll see that all you're doing is driving nails into your own coffin.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Saku

Saku has been getting lots of attention lately from many different people and lots of evidence has come to the table and she decides that even though Eliza has changed her vote to someone other than her, too many people have come forward to place the blame on Eliza. So she changed her vote back to Eliza once more, knowing that she might lose Eliza's support now but if Eliza is a Mobster she would have taken out one of the evil ones. If not, then Saku would probably face the chair next for sending another innocent one to her death.
I'm back!

Madalina

(So sorry guys! Didn't realize I was going to have a busy day yesterday and not have a chance to hop on here*

Is completely confused to who to vote for after all the switching around. She hates being confused and blames Saku for her confusion! All that flip flopping!

Avi

Execution Votes

Saku: 2 (Rhapsody, Madalina)

Not yet voted:  Aiden

Rhapsody

*nods to herself, eyeing Saku distrustfully* 

*Then, completely out of the blue* Eliza
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Avi

Execution Votes

Eliza: 5 (Josietta,Rhapsody, Saku, MusicNeverDies, Marguerite)
Saku: 1 (Madalina)

Not yet voted:  Aiden

Aiden

Aiden took into consideration everyone tallies and nodded in agreement, he hoped Ladysky's death was not in vain.
He wrote Eliza on his vote, crosses his fingers for some good luck.

Avi

With 66% of the vote, it was clear whom the citizens of Port Temperance had chosen to be sent to the chair today.  The executioner stepped forward, grasping Eliza by her upper arm.  "It's time, miss... may God have mercy on your soul."

Unlike LadySky, whom had taken her execution quietly, Eliza did not go without a fight.  Kicking and fighting the whole way, she screamed curse words at those who had voted against her, her eyes bulging as she poured out her rage against those who had outed her.  "Damn you all!  You all are weak!  You'll see!  We're still going to win!!"

Eventually, with the help of MusicNeverDies and Rhapsody, the executioner was able to subdue the raging Mobster, wrestling her into the electric chair and strapping her down before putting the wet sponge on the top of her head and pulling the switch.  With a few feeble jerks, it was all over.

Finally, the citizens had hunted down a Mobster, and justice had been done for Tad, LadySky, and Teno.  However, with Eliza's dying words, it was clear that she was not the only public enemy hidden amongst them.

Port Temperance.  Population: 8 (2 Mobsters, 6 Citizens, 1 P.I., 1 Vigilante, 1 Doctor)

((I'll give you fine folks a little while to post reactions, and then... on to Night 3.  *evil cackle*))

Josietta

Looked from the window of the diner and smiled a little, knowing justice was done. She nodded to herself and whispered for mercy on the Mobsters soul, hoping that it was enough for the deaths of the innocents taken by mistake.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Saku

Saku was glad that they had taken out a Mobster and was saddened that Eliza had tried to prove her innocence to her and she had almost believed it. Were it not for the help of some of her friends here in the village she might have made a terrible mistake. Thankfully she hadn't and instead had helped rid the town of a Mobster. Now people could rest a bit easier tonight.
I'm back!

Avi

((If the P.I. and the Mobsters could get to me ASAP about what they choose to do tonight, it would be appreciated.))

MusicNeverDies

So, do any other citizens find it odd that Rapsody was avoiding voting for Eliza, and then once it was obvious the mobster was going to fry, she 'out of the blue' changed her vote to match the public opinion. So she could say 'If I was a mobster why would I vote for Eliza?'

We might notice that Eliza and Rapsody shared a similar vote. For Saku. Who we established was either a mobster or (more likely, I think) the vigilante. Now, would the confirmed mobster and suspected mobster want the vigilante out of the picture? I think so.

A third voted for Saku as well. Madalina. Three votes for the supposed vigilante, where there were three members of the mob voting among us.

Rhapsody

As opposed to seeing suspicious behaviour in Saku's words and having a gut feeling that turned out to be wrong?  Or need I remind you that Saku was the one leading the charge against LadySky, who turned out to be an innocent in all this?   And that you yourself voted for her as well. 

Besides.  I didn't "suspiciously" change my vote... someone approached me quietly and asked me to reconsider, and since that person's own gut feeling turned out to be correct, I'll be listening more to what they say in the future. 

Go ahead, MND.  If the mobsters don't get me tonight, fry me tomorrow.  I'm just a dressmaker, and if the town's convinced I have to die, well... what's one more citizen killed without the mob lifting a finger?
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

MusicNeverDies

Someone quietly approached you to change your vote when Eliza had a visable majority already, with or without you?

I find that hard to belive.

Saku

QuoteSaku was the one leading the charge against LadySky, who turned out to be an innocent in all this?

Mhm, this is not entirely true. LadySky was the one who pointed the finger at me first so I naturally pointed a finger right back at her, isn't that what people normally do? If someone accuses you of doing or being someone or something, don't you want to accuse them right back? The accuser is usually guilty of something. Everyone else seemed to think LadySky was a Mobster and all without any input from me. Since it was the beginning of the game I didn't know who to think was a Mobster and didn't think LadySky was one at all but since she had pointed the finger at me I decided what the hell, I'll vote for her then. It was entirely the work of everyone else that led to LadySky dying.

I was not the one that led the charge against LadySky that was all you guys.
I'm back!

Rhapsody

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on July 05, 2009, 06:42:05 PM
Someone quietly approached you to change your vote when Eliza had a visable majority already, with or without you?

I find that hard to belive.

Believe whatever you want to believe.  It's the truth.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Saku

You know Rhapsody, your avatar sometimes freaks me out *laughs* The girl in the picture looks almost exactly like what I used to look like :p

... almost

Yeah it has nothing to do with the game but I thought I'd just let you know lol

EDIT: And I mean like I what I used to look like in real life not on Elliquiy as a character xD
I'm back!

Avi

((Hmmm... so it appears that Greenthorn has been Castrated.  So... MOBSTERS, GET ME YOUR VOTE!  We have people waiting on your decision.  Thank you. :P))

Greenthorn

(Ummm I am still able to play...just not recieve PMs )

Avi

Madalina

((Sorry I've been absent this week.. been sickly and had to spend a couple of nights in the hospital getting some iv antibiotics. All better now though! What are we doing now?))

Josietta

((We are waiting on the mobsters to vote so Avi can post the results of the night.))

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Avi

((Without further ado... the carnage!))

After another restless night plagued the citizens of Port Temperance, there were many bleary eyes among them as they emerged from their houses and moved toward the center of town.  During Roll Call, it quickly becomes apparent that Rhapsody and Madalina are not among you!  As usual, Aiden splits the remaining citizens into groups and you split up to search for them.

Within minutes, you come upon a grizzly scene.  Rhapsody lies dead in the middle of the street, the victim of a severe beating, apparently with a 2x4, or perhaps a baseball bat.  Nothing on her body indicates that she was anything other than a regular Citizen. 

On the other hand, Madalina lies dead next to Rhapsody, a neat gunshot wound in her chest, though with a messy exit wound between her shoulders.  It seems to have been made by a precise shot from a high-powered rifle.  Her outstretched hand lies quite close to a bloody baseball bat, indicating that she had a hand in the death of Rhapsody.  Upon a cursory search of her body, you find a half-burned card of a saint.  Apparently, the Vigilante has done their job effectively, and claimed the life of a Mobster.

Port Temperance.  Population: 6 (Josietta, MND, Saku, Aiden, Marguerite, Greenthorn).  (1 Mobster, 5 Citizens, 1 P.I, 1 Doctor, 1 Vigilante)

Josietta

((So there's only one mobster left now?))

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Avi

((Yes indeed.  Be really good, or lucky, and the game could end with this round of voting.))

Josietta

((I'm always really good ;P And because I am the P.I. I am lucky too. :P ))

Josi watched as the new bodies were discovered and figured she should inform the others who the leader of the mob was now. Maybe if they took out the leader then the rest of the mob would leave town. She made her way around to each home of the citizens of Port Temperance, flashed her Private Investigator badge and told them all that AIDEN was the leader of the mob and should be taken out in order to protect our town.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

MusicNeverDies

Saku

Saku saw Josietta flash her P.I. Badge and decided that she would trust the one in the position of authority for such people were usually right. Especially since they had gone undercover as a private investigator tended to do. So she nodded. "If you say Aiden did it then I'll place my vote with him and see where things take us."
I'm back!

MusicNeverDies

Music quirked a brow at Josietta, then nodded briefly. There was obviously very few mobsters left in town. And what better way to hide your identity as a mobster than by being the mayor. Nodding at Saku gently, Music cast her vote for Aiden as well. She knew a man was behind this.

Greenthorn

Josietta

Why would you vote for MND when we know there is only one Mobster left and I confessed to being the P.I.?  I know for a fact Aiden is the last Mobster.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Aiden

"Well I knew one of you would catch my wise at one point..."
Stepping into the bar as they all plotted his death, a wicked grin crossed his face.
"My only regret is not taking the rest of ya out before I go..."
He winked at Josie a final time.
"Nothing better than sharing your bed with the enemy..."

(Wishes he could pull out a tommy gun and take the rest of them out with me!)

Josietta

Josi blushed at the wink and knew that investigating him would be fun but had no idea it would turn out this way.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Greenthorn

Quote from: Josietta on July 12, 2009, 02:32:23 PM
Why would you vote for MND when we know there is only one Mobster left and I confessed to being the P.I.?  I know for a fact Aiden is the last Mobster.

Because I had not been paying attention to the game  :-\

Marguerite

Marguerite wanted Aiden the dirty thug dead and gone. "Josi, good job and hopefully Aiden's death will be a gruesome one to return the favor."

Avi

Execution Votes

Aiden: 4 (Marguerite, MND, Josietta, Saku)
MND: 1 (Greenthorn)

Not yet voted: Aiden.

Aiden

Avi

Execution Votes

Aiden: 4 (Marguerite, MND, Josietta, Saku)
MND: 2 (Aiden, Greenthorn)

(I'm gonna leave this up for a little while, just to see if any of you lot will change your minds. :P  Otherwise, I will reveal the results this evening.))

Avi

((Ohhhhhkay, time to tell the results!))

By a clear margin, the citizens of Port Temperance have spoken!  Moving forward as one, the crowd tries to subdue Aiden, intending for him to be put to death for the heinous murders of their fellow citizens.  Aiden, however, does not give them that chance.  Breaking away from the crowd, he flees headlong down the street, pulling a concealed pistol from his suitcoat.  Firing wildly behind him in order to throw off pursuit, the exposed Mobster somehow manages to slip away with his life, though hopefully he will never come back to this town.

Congratulations, Citizens.  You have won, managing to weed out all those devious Mobsters.  Thank you very much to everyone involved, this was a blast to GM.  For those interested, here are the day-by-day events:

Player List and Roles

Ladysky (Citizen)
Marguerite (Citizen)
MusicNeverDies (Doctor)
Tad (Bodyguard)
Saku (Vigilante)
Teno (Citizen)
Josietta (P.I.)
Rhapsody (Citizen)
Eliza (Mobster)
Madalina (Mobster)
Greenthorn (Citizen)
Aiden (Mobster)

Daily/Nightly Events

Night One: Josietta performed surveillance on Marguerite, a Citizen.  The Mobsters whacked Teno, and MND declined to use her healing ability.

Day One:  The citizens elect Aiden, a Mobster, to be their Mayor.  The Citizens send LadySky, a fellow Citizen, to the electric chair.

Night Two:  Josietta performed surveillance on MND, the Doctor.  Tad, the Bodyguard protected Eliza, a Mobster.  Tad got whacked by the mobsters, MND declined to use her healing ability.

Day Two:  The Citizens send Eliza, a Mobster, to the electric chair.

Night Two:  Josietta performed surveillance on Aiden, a Mobster.  Saku attempted to assassinate Madalina, a Mobster.  The Mobsters whacked Rhapsody, the Saku sniped Madalina, and MND declined to save either of them.

Day Three:  The Citizens vote to execute Aiden, a Mobster.  The Citizens win.

Aiden

I'll be back fools! Muhahahaha!

Fun Game Avi, thanks for GMing it.

Curse you Josie for investigating me!

Josietta

*grins wide and winks* You love it when I stalk you :P

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Marguerite

-Nods-

Stalking is what makes life worth living.

LadySky

*floats around haunting all who killed her*

Awesome round! When is the next installment?  XD

Saku

Whenever the next one is I'm definitely in it!
I'm back!

Rhapsody

(If it's cool to post such things here) I'm offering a variant. :)  You can find it in Group Roleplays Wanted.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP