When All Else Fails, Group RP Idea

Started by Ivy Mariani, October 11, 2010, 06:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivy Mariani

Figured it could be a little fun to get to know everyone's writing styles here, maybe find some friends to RP with if everything goes well. The idea is:

Sometime in the future humans are forced to recolonize another world, though things seem to be going well for decades things start to change. Something happens- something which can be hashed out with those interested- and people start to be found dead, or go missing. As time goes by the numbers of the dead increase and the ghosts of those who were killed begin to haunt the colony killing off everyone they can get alone.

Figure anyone who is interested can help build onto the story add twists and turns where you see fit. I'm all up for improv and love to see what others can come up with. If you're interested let me know  ;D
"Put your hands all over me."
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Hi, Ivy!

Now that you're approved, you might not be so interested in this particular post anymore. In case you are though, I would love to be a part of it! Hit me up if you like.

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 06:17:20 AM
Hi, Ivy!

Now that you're approved, you might not be so interested in this particular post anymore. In case you are though, I would love to be a part of it! Hit me up if you like.

Of course I'm still interested  ;). Just need to work out details with any one interested and we can get something started.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Coolness... I already have ideas in my mind.

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 09:46:16 AM
Coolness... I already have ideas in my mind.

Great! I've a few in mind for the character I want to use. Should be interesting to play.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

A terraformed planet with a few major cities and scarcely populated areas in between. The main story happens at a research outpost outside of the populated areas - a small complex of buildings run by a skeleton crew of a few people of administration, a few scientists, one or two security people.

After the incidents start happening, communications and transportation from the outpost to the populated areas of the colony fail and there seems to be no one on the other side to repair them. So all people in the outpost are isolated and have to deal with each other, with the dangers that lurk outside, with the unpredictable nature of the new world, etc. And they have no freaking idea what's happening out there.

Would this be close to your idea?

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 10:10:18 AM
A terraformed planet with a few major cities and scarcely populated areas in between. The main story happens at a research outpost outside of the populated areas - a small complex of buildings run by a skeleton crew of a few people of administration, a few scientists, one or two security people.

After the incidents start happening, communications and transportation from the outpost to the populated areas of the colony fail and there seems to be no one on the other side to repair them. So all people in the outpost are isolated and have to deal with each other, with the dangers that lurk outside, with the unpredictable nature of the new world, etc. And they have no freaking idea what's happening out there.

Would this be close to your idea?

Actually pretty spot on! Very nice :) was thinking about playing a medical officer who kind of finds out what's going on first hand because she's dealing with all of these autopsies etc.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

I think we're on the way of becoming a good team, Ivy. I have three ideas about my character.

1. Robert "Rob" Rhodes, 35 years old, head of security. Cynical, grumpy man with a dark sense of humor, takes himself a tad too serious when it comes to his 'combat duty'. Leather, cowboy boots, jeans, shotgun kinda guy.

2. Christopher Sutton, 31 years old, research project assistant. Shy guy with no luck with the ladies, somewhat a bureaucrat, pedantic, with no sense of humor. Suit and tie for the morning coffee kinda guy.

3. Amanda Pierce, 33 years old, maintenance officer. A genuine tomboy with a rough sense of humor, short haired and beer gulping, divorced with a son who's out there in the civilized area.

Tell me what you think and which one you would prefer me to play?

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 10:26:27 AM
I think we're on the way of becoming a good team, Ivy. I have three ideas about my character.

1. Robert "Rob" Rhodes, 35 years old, head of security. Cynical, grumpy man with a dark sense of humor, takes himself a tad too serious when it comes to his 'combat duty'. Leather, cowboy boots, jeans, shotgun kinda guy.

2. Christopher Sutton, 31 years old, research project assistant. Shy guy with no luck with the ladies, somewhat a bureaucrat, pedantic, with no sense of humor. Suit and tie for the morning coffee kinda guy.

3. Amanda Pierce, 33 years old, maintenance officer. A genuine tomboy with a rough sense of humor, short haired and beer gulping, divorced with a son who's out there in the civilized area.

Tell me what you think and which one you would prefer me to play?

Hmm... *Thinks about it* I kind of like the second one. Though we could use someone who is part of the security team, would make it easy to tie the two characters together from the get go. But it is up to you which you wish to play they are your characters after all  ;)
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Awesome, now we need only wait for someone else to show interest... ~laughs~

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 10:34:16 AM
Awesome, now we need only wait for someone else to show interest... ~laughs~

*grins* Yep! But even if it's only one more person we should have enough for a good story and can NPC anyone else necessary. Then people can always jump in if they wish, I'm not against that one.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Sure then, I'm up for it. Meanwhile - how come you never writingprompted me?  :o

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 10:40:34 AM
Sure then, I'm up for it. Meanwhile - how come you never writingprompted me?  :o

I gotta come up with something *blushes* I will though, promise just need to think of something that will work good for it. Am pretty horrible at coming up with good questions for people.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Lol everything works for me, Í'm up for any challenge ~flexes muscles~

Ivy Mariani

*Chuckling* Well there you go, can't wait to see what you come up with.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Hehe... there you go, now we could get back to smoothing out the edges around your group RP story :-)

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 12:08:01 PM
Hehe... there you go, now we could get back to smoothing out the edges around your group RP story :-)

Mmhmm good idea ;)
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

I'd say 3-6 people would be ideal? But it's just an opinion. What do you think? Also, what would you rather focus on more? Action, survival horror, romance, drama, dark humor, etc.?

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 03:20:45 PM
I'd say 3-6 people would be ideal? But it's just an opinion. What do you think? Also, what would you rather focus on more? Action, survival horror, romance, drama, dark humor, etc.?

Yeah that would be a good number, that way we don't have too many NPCs we need to worry about sticking into the thread. Um... Definitely need a bit of action, survival horror and dark humor because lets face it strictly scary RPs need a bit of a giggle scene here and there. Hmm think a bit of mystery would be good, whys this happening, what's causing these people to die etc.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

So, mystery/horror with some action. Nice. I might go for the security guy then... lol.

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 04:16:07 PM
So, mystery/horror with some action. Nice. I might go for the security guy then... lol.

*Grins* See? This is why I love working stuff out before hand, makes things run so much more smoothly when Rps get started up. *Does the Humpty Dance*. Now if we can find a few others to join in we'd be on our way to getting this started up  8-)
Ivy's O & Os

Ironside

If you need a third wheel im happy to play along while i wait :P

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: Ironside on October 14, 2010, 05:31:44 PM
If you need a third wheel im happy to play along while i wait :P

That'd be great :). Any ideas of what character you'd like to play?
Ivy's O & Os

LucianLuna

Ok I'm interested just trying to decide which version of my character I want to play. Is this only human or can other races be in it? Your answer will help me decide which Lucian I will play

Ironside

Cool ^^
How about
Charlie: a 19 year old research assistant. Generally scruffy and disorganised, he spends most of his time attempting to sneak in to restricted research areas. Hes a pretty intelligent boy, although really has no understanding of the word "Curiosity killed the cat."
If thats not cool i'll make another    :P