Erotic Pathfinder Play-By-Post(interest check)

Started by EroticFantasyAuthor, April 19, 2013, 02:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

*peeks*  ooh, fun.  What's his craft, Sakamoto. 

You'll be able to fill it in on the skill line.  :) 

Also, with your belt of great agility, if you write dexterity 18 +4 in the temporary modifiers next to dexterity, the sheet will factor everything for you.  :) 

Did you raise one attribute by one at level 4?  :) 

Oh, I believe your base saving throws should be: 
Fortitude +5
Reflex +2
Will +2
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

EroticFantasyAuthor

Shield Spikes are an additional 10gp to the cost of the shield, and I believe they can also be masterworked & enchanted just like a normal weapon.

I did not notice anything that wasn't already mentioned. Looks pretty good.

SakamotoHD

I wasn't aware he had a craft.. BUT IF HE DID.

I'd prolly make him a Weapon smithing.

I don't have a belt of great agility, only boots of dexerity.

What I researched was, My fortitude is my my base + whatever my skills were

So for Fortitude, is my con modifer, so 3.. + something, I don't know off the top of my head where my ability modifer is coming into play.

My reflex, about the same

Will though, I can tangibly tell you why it's not +2, it's base 1, and I get a +2 for Iron will as a class feat, and then another +1 for Carefully Hidden as a trait.

This post is gonna be modified as I'm trying to remember how I got those totals..

Muse

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter

Look at level 6 on the fighter table, bro.  The column shows you your base attack and base saving throws. 

In pathfinder, physical enhancement bonuses are all on belts, mental enhancement bonuses are all on headbands. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

SakamotoHD

So these are my ability modifers? excluding my actual stats + items?

Muse

hm? 

No, those are your Base. 

Ability modifiers coem from STrength/Dexterity/Constitution/Intelegence/Wisdom/Charisma. 

EroticFantasyAuthor

Sakamoto, what RPG systems are you familiar with? The Pathfinder SRD that was linked should explain everything pretty well, and if not we're here to help.

Your "stats"(Strength, Dexterity, etc) are called Ability Scores, and based on what they are you have a ability modifiers for each one. With BAB and saves, your class gives you a table which tells you what your class's base modifier is for each level(the levels aren't added together, go down to the level of the character and follow the line across). You take that base modificer and then you add your ability modifier to it.

As a sixth Level Fighter(with your ability scores from your character sheet) your BAB and Saves will be as follows

BAB: +6 Then depending on whether it's a melee attack or a ranged attack, you'll add either your Strength's ability modifier or your Dexterity's ability modifier to it.

Melee: 6(BAB) + 4(Str) = 10, weapons & feats will modifier this further

Ranged: 6(BAB) + 4(Item alerted Dex) = 10

Fort:  5(base) + 3(Con) = 8

Ref:  2(Base) + 4(Itemed Dex) = 6

Will: 2(Base) + 1(Wis) = 3

Will:

SakamotoHD

Only Character making was the last thing I never did. and is also the most important. The "game" I understand pretty well. Regardless, I'm learning a fair bit. I appreciate you guys being so paitent with me, I know it can't be fun having a newbie try to fumble his way through everything.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=561999

Alright... AT SOME POINT.. I will make a background.

EroticFantasyAuthor

For Dex put Temp Score at 18 with Temp Mod at +4

Damage on Longsword should be 1d8+6(4 Str, 2 enchantment)

Current exp should be 23,000(I believe)

And your +6 BAB gives you another attack(when making a full attack) at +1(Treated as BAB for the second attack)

SakamotoHD

Yokai! so I get two attacks, I'll make a note of that. You can keep checking that link, everything gets saved.

You guys have gotten me excited now. I know my character isn't exactly that interesting, but give it time and I'll have something credible for him.

Laughing Hyena

So I believe we are set then yes? I just have to double check with Niki on her ends with encounters.

SakamotoHD

Mechanics wise I am completed. I'll write up a back story for Rarovan in a little while.

Laughing Hyena

Good. By the way guys I am putting together encounters and other fun goodies with Niki as we speak. You're going to like this I hope so look forward to it. ^_^

Teo Torriatte

Ooh I'm definitely looking forward to it!  :-)

EroticFantasyAuthor

Will the party be already together at game start, or will our characters be meeting each other and then going from there?

Laughing Hyena

I actually planned to have the lot of you start already gathered and acquainted. To me it makes more sense that you have been adventuring together a touch then not.

Yukina

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 01, 2013, 06:12:54 AM
I actually planned to have the lot of you start already gathered and acquainted. To me it makes more sense that you have been adventuring together a touch then not.

Seems good. Shall we discuss what opinions party members have of other party members?

EroticFantasyAuthor

I do like playing out the first meeting though, it can be fun.

Perhaps we are all gathered, but this is our first time working/adventuring together on our first task/mission/adventure/etc.

Like, we all answered the same job posting type of thing.

Can you give us more details about the starting plans, or would it give too much away Hyena?

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on May 01, 2013, 06:16:50 AM
I do like playing out the first meeting though, it can be fun.

Perhaps we are all gathered, but this is our first time working/adventuring together on our first task/mission/adventure/etc.

Like, we all answered the same job posting type of thing.

Can you give us more details about the starting plans, or would it give too much away Hyena?

Erotic you could do that by a different method by roleplaying and conversing near a fire with a hot meal and strong drink about past adventures and how you first met. So start working between you guys about how you all met and what opinions you have for the others and so forth.

As for the starting plans I can tell you. It's going to be a small test of what the lot of you can handle. It will give me a chance to see what needs to change and what can remain the same. The details are mine and Niki's alone to tell so as to keep you guessing.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Aye it could, and I would definitely like to.

As for deciding the opinions of each of our characters about the other, what's the best way to go about doing that? Perhaps each of us giving a small summary of how the character(our character) would've behaved and conducted themselves within the party, around camp, etc.

Anyone have a better idea?

Oh and how long(roughly) would we have been together Hyena?

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on May 01, 2013, 04:44:35 PM
Aye it could, and I would definitely like to.

As for deciding the opinions of each of our characters about the other, what's the best way to go about doing that? Perhaps each of us giving a small summary of how the character(our character) would've behaved and conducted themselves within the party, around camp, etc.

Anyone have a better idea?

Oh and how long(roughly) would we have been together Hyena?

You talk with the other players and work something out naturally.

Four months.

EroticFantasyAuthor

I was talking more about method and where to start figuring everything out, heh.

Laughing Hyena

Regardless this is something that the lot of you should do on your own. When it comes to the party this shouldn't be something so complicated that making up backstory between you is a chore. Just try and not go over the top, pass some deeds you want to your names over to me figure out character relations and that should be it.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Carry the conversation on here or in an OOC thread?

Laughing Hyena

Here will do for now. But you know what I'll make an OOC thread just to make you folks happy.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=172852.0

Heres the OOC thread.