Mutants & Masterminds 2e

Started by MasterMischief, November 14, 2015, 03:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isengrad

you can't use anything beyond core with that, but then again it's still pretty powerful without it.

original artwork by karabiner

Ixy

I appreciate the suggestions very much.  I'm thinking of flat-out 'cheating' by looking at other 150 pt. PL 10 builds (or close enough that I can adjust) for canon Marvel and DC characters.  Will save me time :)

TheGlyphstone

That's an option too. Go to Atomic Think Tank if you weren't already headed there.

MasterMischief

TheGlyphstone

That'd be great for D&D in M&M.

But I think Elric's Build Compendium will be a better resource for Ixy. Sorts heroes and villains by their name and the PL the build is at.

MasterMischief

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 27, 2016, 08:03:46 PM
That'd be great for D&D in M&M.

Keep scrolling.

I should clarify.  There are some actually Super Hero write ups at the bottom.  But even the D&D write ups can be useful if you are wondering how to do something.

Ixy

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 27, 2016, 07:59:32 PM
That's an option too. Go to Atomic Think Tank if you weren't already headed there.
I quite literally was just looking :D

Jefepato

Quote from: Isengrad on January 27, 2016, 07:51:23 PM
you can't use anything beyond core with that, but then again it's still pretty powerful without it.
How much non-core material even is there that isn't just extrapolation from core stuff?  (I know there's some, but not a huge amount, although Ultimate Power does explain some things better than the corebook.)

Anyway, how does this look, Glyphstone?  I haven't quite finished with the equipment points because I'm a bit unsure what I can justify as Equipment and not Devices, but it does leave him with a few more options in combat.  Would tasers work in the anti-tech field, or is anything electrical pretty much out?

(BTW, since I forgot to mention it before and I don't know if you have the book: Tiger Leap and Windracer are from Warriors & Warlocks, and are basically just Leaping 1 and Speed 1 in feat form.)

QuoteMaster Sergeant Eric Settle, Power Level 10

Abilities:
STR 22
DEX 22
CON 22
INT 14
WIS 18
CHA 14

Saves:
Toughness +8 (+6 CON, +2 armor)
Fort +10 (+4 base, +6 CON)
Reflex +10 (+4 base, +6 DEX)
Will +7 (+3 base, +4 WIS)

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+10), Climb 4 (+10), Craft (chemical) 8 (+10), Craft (mechanical) 8 (+10), Intimidate 8 (+10), Knowledge (tactics) 12 (+14), Notice 8 (+12), Sense Motive 8 (+12), Stealth 4 (+10), Swim 4 (+10)

Feats: Attack Focus (ranged) 1, Benefit (military rank), Equipment 8, Evasion 1, Luck 1, Master Plan, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Tiger Leap, Uncanny Dodge (auditory), Windracer

Powers: none

Equipment:
Rocket launcher (+10 damage, Area (explosion))
Plastic explosive
Assault rifle (+5 damage, Autofire)
Big-ass battleaxe (+3 damage, Mighty, Improved Critical)
Anti-alien tear gas grenades (Dazzle (visual) 6 + Nauseate Explosion 6)
Smoke grenades
Undercover shirt (Protection 2, Subtle)
2 equipment points unspent at this time

Combat: Attack +14 (melee), +15 (ranged), +11 (axe), Grapple +20, Damage +6 (unarmed), +9 (axe), +5 autofire (rifle), +10 (rocket launcher), Defense +12 (+6 flat-footed), Initiative +6

The Math: Abilities 52 + Skills 17 (68 ranks) + Feats 18 + Powers 0 + Combat 52 + Saves 11 = 150

I'll probably mess around with a few other concepts given time, but I do kinda like how this guy is shaping up.

TheGlyphstone

Looks fine overall.

For the tech-fields - presume anything running on electricity or energy gets nullified, not counting any unique Devices carried by PCs (they are presumed to use some sort of exotic power source that the inhibitors can't counteract). Maybe spend those last two points on upgrading the Undercover Shirt to a Tactical Vest?

Also, I'd like people to start thinking about what they did or how they made a living pre-invasion, as well as any anecdotes they might have from their hero days. With Ixy and RubySlippers, that'll make a group of 6 which is the largest I want to be dealing with. So you guys can start swapping ties and background connections now as well, potential team-ups or relationships or chance encounters pre- or post-retirement. I think I'm going to experiment with opening the IC game en media res as was suggested far upthread, so we can get the "everyone meets in a tavern grubby underground cave and forms a adventuring party super-team" done OOC.

Jefepato

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 27, 2016, 09:55:54 PM
Maybe spend those last two points on upgrading the Undercover Shirt to a Tactical Vest?
That'd break PL limits, since his Defense is +12.

I guess there's always stuff like binoculars and whatnot though.

TheGlyphstone

Ah, true. Hold on to them then - Equipment points can be spent on other stuff; if the game doesn't keel over and die in its infancy, you might work up to a secure base of some kind, and you can stock it/improve it with equipment points.

Ixy

K, I copied The Puma and tried to modify it, but then I just kind of got overwhelmed.  I'm going to have to withdraw my earlier expression of interest... best of luck you guys

TheGlyphstone

Isengrad

Do we want to set up an OOC and planning thread since we are doing this, we can share and build our backstories further to incorporate the others and provide explanation as to what we Did once Supers were no longer needed.

original artwork by karabiner

PhantomPistoleer

Teen Archer; Kid Arrow (PL 10, 150PP)

Aliases:   The Fourth Estate;
Identity:   Publicly known
Base of Operations:   San Francisco, California; Mobile
Citizenship:   U.S.A., with no criminal record, listed as Special Operative for CIA
Place of Birth:  San Francisco, California
Known Relatives:  Edward McKenzie (The Iron Tiger; father), Marisa Del Toro-McKenzie (The Blue Bullet; mother)
Group Affiliation:  None
Education:  Extensive paramilitary training, partial B.S. in Electrical Engineering
Religion: Protestant
Ethnicity: Caucasian (Spanish)
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Height:  6'1
Weight:  160 lbs.
Hair:  Black
Eyes:  Brown

Powers:  Kid Arrow possesses uncanny accuracy.

Abilities:  Kid Arrow is a master archer and marksman.  He is also formally trained in several martial arts, including boxing, karate and tae-kwon do.  Since he's a natural athlete, he is a capable aerialist, acrobat and climber.  In accordance with special governmental provisions, the Kid has been formally trained in subterfuge for the purposes of assassinations, sabotage and military intelligence. 

Weapons:  Kid Arrow relies on a fiberglass compound longbow and an array of trick arrows for combat; he finds firearms impersonal.

Paraphernalia:  Kid Arrow's hi-tech nomex, fire-retardant armor houses an advanced array of technology, including night vision goggles and fingertip-microphone sensors.  Fingertips can extend into talons that can break into concrete to permit wall-climbing.  The Kid also employs a grapple gun.

Appearance:  A dark blue WW2 pilot uniform armor replica hugs a tight, wiry frame; black riding steel-toed boots with steel greaves and heavy gloves give the ensemble an inertial appearance.  A forearm guard on his left arm doubles as a radio.  A sleek white helmet with a beak-like visor covers the entire face except the chin.  A red WWI flying scarf finishes the ensemble.

Personality:  Personality profiles conducted by federal psychiatrists indicate that the Kid is a mature, confident 19-year-old;  however, he does demonstrate immaturity when it comes to things that go fast, pretty women and organized sports.  He is respectful, courteous, idealistic and disciplined.

Attributes:
STR 16 [+3]; DEX 22 [+6]; CON 18 [+4]; INT 12 [+1]; WIS 14 [+2]; CHA 12 [+1];

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 [+14]; Bluff 4 [+5]; Climb 4 [+10]; Disable Device 9 [+10]; Escape Artist 4 [+10]; Investigate 8 [+9]; Notice 8 [+10]; Sense Motives 8 [+10]; Sleight of Hand 14 [+20]; Stealth 8 [+14];

Education:  Knowledge [Mathematics] 2 [+3], Knowledge [Biology] 2 [+3], Knowledge [Chemistry] 2 [+3], Knowledge [Technology] 2 [+3]

Feats:
Kid Arrow's Fighting Style (Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Attack Focus [Ranged] 6, Defensive Attack, Improved Aim, Precise Shot 2, Quick Draw 1

Acrobatic Bluff, Attractive, Benefit (Climb based on DEX), Dodge Focus 6, Eidetic Memory, Elusive Target, Equipment 4, Evasion 1, Improved Initiative, Martial Strike, Uncanny Dodge (Perception)

Combat:
BaB: +8; +14 [Ranged]
Grabble: +10;
Damage: +4 [Unarmed]; +6 [Arrows]
BdB: +8 [+14 With Dodge Focus; +4 Flat-footed];
Initiative: +10 [+6 Dexterity; +4 Improved Initiative];

Saves:
Toughness: +6; Fortitude: +6; Reflex: +10; Willpower: +8;

Powers:
Devices 5 (Easy to Lose)

Bow and Trick Arrows (25pp total)
Blast 3 (Power Feats: Improved Critical, Mighty 3, Variable Descriptor 2 [any technological]; 12pp)
AP: Blast 3 (Power Feats: Homing, Improved Critical, Mighty 3, Ricochet; 1pp) Boomerang Arrow
AP: Blast 3 (Power Feats: Improved Critical, Improved Range, Mighty 3, Progression [maximum range]; 1pp) Jet-Propelled Arrow
AP: Corrosion 4 (1pp) Cutting Torch
AP: Dazzle 6 (Auditory; Extra: Area [Burst; +1]; 1pp) Siren Arrow
AP: Dazzle 4 (Visual; Extra: Area [Burst; +1]; 1pp)
AP: {Dazzle 2 (Visual; Extra: Explosion [+1]) and Nauseate 2 (Extra: Explosion [+1]); 1pp} Tear Gas Arrow
AP: Drain Toughness 3 [Acid] (Extras: Affects Objects [+1], Explosion [+1], Ranged [+1]; 1pp) Acid Arrow
AP: Obscure 6 (Visual; 1pp) Smoke Arrow
AP: Snare 6 (1pp) Net Arrow
AP: Snare 5 (Power Feats: Reversible, Tether; 1pp) Cable Arrow
AP: Stun 4 (Extra: Range [+1]; 1pp) Boxing Glove Arrow
AP: Super-Movement 1 (Swinging; 1pp)
AP: Trip 6 (Extra: Knockback [+1]; 1pp) Bolos Arrow

Equipment:
Kid Arrow Costume 20 ep / 4pp
Armor Protection 2
Nomex Immunity 6 (Environmental Heat; Fire Damage) Limited (Half effect) [-1];
Tech Gasmask, Radio, Microphone Gun, Night Vision Goggles, Flashlight, Multitool
Gloves Strike +1 Feats: Mighty, Split-Attack.
Alternate Super Movement (Wall Crawling)
Grappling Hook Snare 4 Flaws Limited (Move Action after one shot to load) [-1]
Alternate: Super Movement (Swinging) Extra: Affect Other [+1];
Alternate Super Movement (Slow Fall) Feat: Improved Reach.

Attributes 34pp + 20pp [80 ranks] + Feats 32pp + Combat 32 pp + Saves 12pp + Powers 15 = 150 pp
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jefepato

BTW, are we using the optional rule that allows Knowledge (tactics) to be used in place of a straight INT roll for Master Plan?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Isengrad on January 28, 2016, 01:46:54 PM
Do we want to set up an OOC and planning thread since we are doing this, we can share and build our backstories further to incorporate the others and provide explanation as to what we Did once Supers were no longer needed.

Good idea, doing that now.

Quote from: Jefepato on January 29, 2016, 04:16:02 AM
BTW, are we using the optional rule that allows Knowledge (tactics) to be used in place of a straight INT roll for Master Plan?

Where is that optional rule? Mastermind's Handbook?

TheGlyphstone

Jefepato

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 31, 2016, 01:25:50 PM
Where is that optional rule? Mastermind's Handbook?
Yeah.  Mastermind's Manual, page 35.

TheGlyphstone

TheGlyphstone

Paging Jefepato and Phantom to the OOC thread, paging Jefepato and Phantom to the OOC thread...

Jefepato

Right, sorry.  Offline life has been a bit crazy.  I'm about to hit a long-ish weekend (kinda; short workday tomorrow), so I'll go over my sheet again and get a background properly written tomorrow.

freeko

I guess this ship sailed already?

Muse

PRetty sure there's allready people on the waitign list, Bro. 

Welcome to Elliquiy, by the way. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheGlyphstone