Warhammer 40K erotic rp

Started by MikeH5, November 14, 2010, 09:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH5

I was wondering if there was any interest in an rp based in the dark, gritty future where there is only war.

My idea for a setting was aboard a trade station on the Imperial frontier, where aliens walk amongst the population, local governors get rich on bribe money, Rogue Traders exploit the exploited, chaos cults breed in the shadow and the Radical Inquisitors play their games.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: MikeH5 on November 14, 2010, 09:02:03 PM
I was wondering if there was any interest in an rp based in the dark, gritty future where there is only war.

My idea for a setting was aboard a trade station on the Imperial frontier, where aliens walk amongst the population, local governors get rich on bribe money, Rogue Traders exploit the exploited, chaos cults breed in the shadow and the Radical Inquisitors play their games.
lots of interest, such games seem cursed though, cuuuuuuuuuursed.

and i find the idea of filthy xenos walking around openly objectionable  :P

MikeH5

Aliens and the intrigue surrounding them is a huge part of more Radical Inquisition, Rogue Trader and frontier plots and settings. Since its all of the above ^.^

ArtemisHighmore

I'll also throw my hat in as I love the 40k universe. Curious so see if this rolls out or not.

Krayz

While I'm always up for 40K, I do share Darkling's apathy towards the setting, albeit for different reasons.

Still, lots of time to chitter-chatter.

CountessJess

I'll be up too, if it's okay. Anything 40k interests me. Just a little unsure about the 'aliens walking amongst us' bit, because then it seems every major imperial institution doesn't have a presence here...unless they're here to cleanse? I dunno.

Krayz

Well, one idea that I was thinking could be that rather than it being some sort of trading post, it's a planet in an area on the very edge (or just off) of the Astronomicon; the Imperium could put forces there, but not easily, meaning that aliens and Chaos could flourish, but the Imperium could still fortify certain strongholds.

ArtemisHighmore

That actually makes a lot more sense to me. I don't know what Mike might be planning but given the title, he's wanting an erotic game. Still if players are willing, the game could go in the direction that the Imperium has recently discovered the xeno and heretic tain covering his planet and dispatched forces to bring it back into control. Given its location on the edge, few forces would make it quickly, allowing for a mixing of races given the conditions.

We could also look at cooperation between forces towards a greater goal, Imperial institutions set on hold for the reclaiming of the system. Just a thought. I am not leaning on war here, merely trying to give it a good back story given the trends of 40k.

Pumpkin Seeds

I'd throw my hat into the ring.

Arion

You could also locate it on the Tau frontier, where humanity often interacts with the Tau and other aliens since they're so far from the core.

Either way, I'd love to take part in this.
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

AKunoichi

Could I play? I could use my character as a death cultist or something.