News:

Main Menu

The Legend of Korra.

Started by Wolfy, March 17, 2012, 05:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Quote from: Michi No Sora on March 23, 2012, 05:26:11 PM
It would have to be at least 100 years since fire is the avatar before air. So there have been two other avatars who have lived out their lives after Aang before Korra comes into the world, plus, Aang had to live out his life span too. I think it goes Earth, Water, Fire, Air for the avatar cycle.

As for movies, they need to find a different director, different actors, and different script writers from the last one before doing another. :P

Wait. Isn't Korra water-aligned? She looks like she's one of their eskimo types.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on March 23, 2012, 10:24:09 PM
Wait. Isn't Korra water-aligned? She looks like she's one of their eskimo types.
According to the promo, she is from the Water Tribe.  Not to mention that she's shown as waterbending almost exclusively at the start of it.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Jag

Bleh, shows what I know. I watched the trailer, saw the water bending, and still typed fire. Michi fail. :P

Anyway...it would still have to be at least 75-100 years from Aang to reach a Water Bender in the avatar cycle.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Kunoichi

Actually, official material released by Nickelodeon shows that Korra was quite a gifted bender, even from a young age.

They've got a Press Site set up with all sorts of information.  Just click on 'Clips' and watch the first one to see what I'm talking about.

Callie Del Noire

She was bending 3 elements at like.. SIX!. "I'm the Avatar! You have to deal with it!"

Of course from what I've seen of the first 45 minutes.. she's all power. From a starting point in the series she's a sledgehammer. No finese and none of the spiritual awareness of Aang, but then she wasn't raised like he was.  I think the fact that she came so easily to three elements makes it hard for her to change her outlook to something that is receptive to Tenzin's training methods.  (I find it the man who pushes patience has such a hard time with it with her. :D )

It's going to be fun seeing Republic city through the eyes of an outsider like Korra.

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on March 24, 2012, 06:55:22 PM
Fixed. :3

I'm pretty sure the phrase was how I saw it on the Korranation site.

Yup.. @ 2:17 into the the preview.. "I'm the Avatar. You got to deal with IT!"

Kunoichi

It's a reference to the Naruto dub.  The main character's annoying tendency to shout out 'Dattebayo' to emphasize his conversations was replaced with an annoying tendency to shout out 'Believe it!' for the same general purpose. :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 24, 2012, 08:28:20 PM
It's a reference to the Naruto dub.  The main character's annoying tendency to shout out 'Dattebayo' to emphasize his conversations was replaced with an annoying tendency to shout out 'Believe it!' for the same general purpose. :P

I've lasted.. three minutes in a Naruto show. I just.. don't like it. Bleach is alien to me too. But then my favorite anime are things like Akira, Appleseed, Black Magic M-66, Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop.

Kane Gunlock

My first Impression of the show are that its good it has a nice pace I like the whole modernization motif the put into the world I honslty can't say I've seen it in many other fantasy settings

Shjade

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 24, 2012, 08:36:51 PM
I've lasted.. three minutes in a Naruto show. I just.. don't like it.

Me either. I do, however, occasionally like to reference it for purposes of humor. ;p
◕/◕'s

Wolfy

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 24, 2012, 08:28:20 PM

Which was dropped around the Chuunin Exam/Sasuke retrieval arc.

Yet people still harp on about it. >_>

Anyway, One Piece is Infinitely better, more so now that they've had their own time skip.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on March 24, 2012, 09:30:21 PM
Which was dropped around the Chuunin Exam/Sasuke retrieval arc.

Yet people still harp on about it. >_>

Anyway, One Piece is Infinitely better, more so now that they've had their own time skip.

Well I've only seen BITS of One Piece.. but I enjoyed the three or four issues of the manga I read once. Struck me as a bit of funny.. not too big on the big sillyness anymore though. I enjoyed Ranma 1/2 a ways back but not so much now.

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 24, 2012, 10:04:10 PM
Well I've only seen BITS of One Piece.. but I enjoyed the three or four issues of the manga I read once. Struck me as a bit of funny.. not too big on the big sillyness anymore though. I enjoyed Ranma 1/2 a ways back but not so much now.

There's still Sillyness when there needs to be. o3o

That's what I enjoy about One Piece...it's Silly, but not too silly. It can be extremely serious as well, such as when Prominent character's die or other similar moments.

ShadowFox89

.... Steve Blum voices Amon.

If anything, my inner fanboy for Cowboy Bebop demands I watch this.

Let me say it again. SPIKE SPIEGEL IS AMON!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Shjade

Aww, not Vicious?

...oh well, Blum's still good. ;p
◕/◕'s

Kunoichi

So, if anyone's curious about the new sport that's going to play a role in the series' plot, the rules to said sport have come out...

Pro-Bending Rules

Callie Del Noire

Left out one rule 'The Avatar can only use one element.'. :D

NotoriusBEN

oh the fury of the other team on that ruling  ;D

Callie Del Noire

I like the series a lot.. just watched Episode 9 (go iTunes season ticket!) and the more I see..the more I suspect that Amon is a bender of some sort. Energybending is TYPICALLY an avatar power but I think that a talented bender might figure it out.

Shjade

I actually thought Tarrlock might be Amon for a little while, but it seems he has his OWN issues.

It's a shame Amon's methods are so extreme, though, 'cause let's face, dude is right: benders are dicks, on the whole, particularly toward non-benders.

Also, you can watch the show on Nick's site here: http://www.nick.com/videos/legend-of-korra-videos?navid=showNav
◕/◕'s

Callie Del Noire

You got some serious dicks..then I see Tenzin and the brothers (Mako and Bolin). I think the role of the Avatar is to encourage cooperation in the world..and that is one task the Avatar has failed at in multiple incarnations. That is why Amon is so successful, he is addressing the issues that the Avatar has failed to address.

The 'wild card' in this thing is going to be the lack of countering against airbending and folks like Asami Sato. Airbending, granted is a lost art, and isn't as important as 'normal' folk like Asami

Aidonsious

Quote from: Wolfy on March 17, 2012, 05:05:04 PM
You know, that Sequel to "Avatar: The Last Airbender"?

Yeah...it's premiering on April 14th.

Why are there so many days between now and then? It's not fair. >_<

I love the show! I was very happy the made a squeal to Avatar The Last Airbender with actually people from the first.

vin26m

Anyone want to try to predict what's going to happen or guess reasons for things?

Maybe Amon is immune to bloodbending because he's not fully human.  He could have synthetic body parts, like Darth Vader.

When Amon attempts to take away Korra's bending, Korra goes full avatar.  She can then take away his ability to take away bending.  Perhaps she can even restore bending to those it was taken away from.  And maybe she can go so far as to awaken bending in non-benders.

Chris Brady

I should actually start watching this at some point...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming