News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

E running slow......

Started by Aemirys, January 11, 2012, 05:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jouzinka

Likewise. Thank you, Vekseid. *hugs*
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on January 22, 2012, 09:43:47 PM
*hugs Veks*  Thank you for all that work.  It, and you, are greatly appreciated.

I have to agree with this.  We appreciate you, and all the work you've done!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Oreo

*cookie huggles Veks* Much better here too.

*coughmumble* Sorry about the penis size thing. *scampers*

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Phoenixrisen

*Adds to the Veks hugs*

Thank you!
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Haloriel

Nice work Veks.  O:)  Can't imagine any of the technical stuff is easy even when there is the money to handle it.  Perhaps some sort of fund-raiser could be worked out to supply the money for an SSD?  Maybe work it in with a writing contest - or some such?  I dunno.  I'm just tossing about thoughts in my head.

Caeli

Things seem to be working much, much better now.

Thanks for all of your hard work, Veks. You do such an enormous amount of work around here, I only wish I could do more to give back.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Serephino

Yes, much better now :-)   Another fundraiser might be a good idea.  I may even be able to make another donation. 

Nadir

Thanks so much Veks. Whatever you did, all lag for me has vanished

bubby

O_o   Everything I just read that you posted made my brain hurt Veks....but things are working and I like that! You rawk as always! *Hugs up!*

jouzinka

Not sure about anyone else... but things seem to be back to glitches for me. :-\ Not so often or so long, but definitely there are delays in loading pages and deteriorating.

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Saerrael

DarklingAlice

I've been running at pretty normal speed this evening,  a marked improvement from yesterday.

It might be best to do a fundraiser even before Wheezy is stable so that the money would be on hand for an SSD, and on hand in case there is a crisis point before that.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Vekseid

Could people post exactly what times this lag happens and when?

sar reports high-ish iowait around 3:05, 4:35, and 5:25 PM CST (the last would correspond to Saerra and LunarSage's posts).

I'm less specifically concerned if reports of lag match up with times when the system tells me it's struggling, as opposed to slowness coming out of nowhere.

Saerrael

Quote from: Vekseid on January 23, 2012, 08:03:07 PM

sar reports high-ish iowait around 3:05, 4:35, and 5:25 PM CST (the last would correspond to Saerra and LunarSage's posts).

I'm less specifically concerned if reports of lag match up with times when the system tells me it's struggling, as opposed to slowness coming out of nowhere.

I try to post exactly when it happens *smiles* All's fine here again, by the way.
Also will try to restrain from posting here next time I experience lag when I see a post has been recently made about it.

Vekseid

Go ahead and post, sometimes it might be some middle-ISP's connection between them and E.

Saerrael

jouzinka

Quote from: Vekseid on January 23, 2012, 08:03:07 PM

I'll note that and will try to post when it happens. ;)

Caeli

Elliquiy seems to be running a bit slower than usual, but not in a way that greatly impacts my browsing. It's gotten to the point where it is noticeable, though. (That was in the last few minutes.)

It seems to be fine now, strangely.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Serephino

*points to the time*  I'm having a little trouble getting pages to load. 

Caeli

I had a pretty severe slowdown in the past 10 minutes, when the pages were taking forever to load. It seems to have recovered, though.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Izu

E has been running quite slow for me for the past one hour. It takes me up to 5-10 minutes to load a page. I don't know whether it's the beginning-of-the-month dump, or something else...

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

jouzinka

I had a very slow "spike" about ten minutes ago, for about five minutes, but up until that point and from that point everything is running smoothly.

Oreo

I left an IM for Veks with the time-stamp. Hopefully he'll be able to sort it out.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Serephino

I couldn't get E to load for a whole 5 mins and it made me sad.