coffee & romance [fxf, slice of life, slow burn]

Started by Hemingway, March 17, 2022, 02:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

linda cardellini      ||      adelaide kane

Hello, and welcome to my thread! I come to you today with a very specific idea, and one which I've been wanting to do for quite some time - and with some pictures I've been dying to use for ages (because oh my god they're just perfect). It's a story that's certainly on theme for the kinds of stories I've enjoyed recently, in that it's kind of a slice of life story featuring women of differing ages coming together in somewhat unusual circumstances. If that sounds interesting to you, and if you enjoy a bit of a slow burn, authentic-feeling story - read on.

MC is a woman in her early 40s, and recently divorced - at least, in the last few years. She has kids she adores, but in spite of it, she's always felt a bit unfulfilled.

YC is a student or recent graduate, in her mid-20s and working as a barista at a place MC frequents. She's carefree, impertinent, and generally a bit of a brat - and the kind of woman who'd flirt with an attractive and intriguing regular on a bit of a whim.

When the two meet - or finally interact meaningfully - it's not a situation of instant passion and sparks. Sure, YC finds MC attractive - and MC finds the attention flattering, if a bit embarrassing. She's not, however, really interested in women. Or, so she's gone her whole life believing. She's thought about it, of course - but never really questioned why her marriage, and the scant few dates she's gone on after, never really sparked anything. But even then, this sudden, new attention strike her with some kind of epiphany. She brushes off the flirtation at first. Maybe YC, frustrated with the lack of a response, just takes a stab at it and asks her out, and is turned down, politely. Maybe she just gives an excuse, not quite ready to confront her feelings, and YC just persists. A bit annoying, but not unwelcome. Or they happen to meet outside of 'work', at a bar or something. MC, seeing YC with another girl, suddenly feels something, and . . .

. . . Well, the details are for us to decide together, really. The key here is in the build-up. There'll probably be awkwardness. Maybe tears. There will be a lot of pleasure, for sure - we're not skipping over that part. It just takes a while to get there, you know? As to what form that takes - well, there's no reason it can't get kinky. It also doesn't have to.

So! If that sounds interesting to you, you should probably message me. I look forward to hearing from you!