O'Reilly, Rove Blame Media for Bad Economy

Started by CassandraNova, December 09, 2008, 08:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CassandraNova

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/09/oreilly-rove-media-conspi_n_149754.html

Bill O'Reilly and Karl Rove seem to think that that there is a conscious effort among parts of the media, including the New York Times, to exaggerate the economic situation in order to help Barack Obama. According to Bill O, if the media can portray the economic situation as direly as possible, any change when Obama takes office will be for the better, making him look good.

I'm of a mind that the recession is actually as serious as news reports and economic forecasters make it out to be.

Avi

Bill O Rly? is a moron... he said there was some grand conspiracy by the Nielsen Ratings to make his show appear to be losing to Keith Olbermann's Countdown.  It seems like most supporters of the Bush Administration are now in full damage control mode. 

As for whether we're in a recession... yeah, we are.  Ask any college student who's had to pay an arm and a leg for tuition and books over the past couple of years...
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Pumpkin Seeds

I wonder if Bill has figured out that he is part of the media?  I mean it's one thing for a politician to say the media is making them look bad, whole different story for the media to say the media is making them look bad.

The Overlord

Quote from: aviationrox on December 09, 2008, 09:26:01 PM
Bill O Rly? is a moron... he said there was some grand conspiracy by the Nielsen Ratings to make his show appear to be losing to Keith Olbermann's Countdown. 

What everyone but O'Reilly seems to get is that the man is a bloated and festering sack of organic waste, like a corpse left in a bog for a few days. I've watched this guy just to see him in action and not just rely on the word of his liberal opponents. He might pick up in the ratings when he stops trying to shovel propagandist dung through the TV screen and into the viewers' living rooms with every session of that circus he calls a television program. This guy is textbook old conservative fogey.

Chris Brady

Quote from: aviationrox on December 09, 2008, 09:26:01 PM
Bill O Rly? is a moron... he said there was some grand conspiracy by the Nielsen Ratings to make his show appear to be losing to Keith Olbermann's Countdown.  It seems like most supporters of the Bush Administration are now in full damage control mode. 

As for whether we're in a recession... yeah, we are.  Ask any college student who's had to pay an arm and a leg for tuition and books over the past couple of years...

Actually, no, we're beyond a recession now.  We're hovering on the edge of a full-blown depression.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

The Overlord

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 12, 2008, 01:16:06 AM
Actually, no, we're beyond a recession now.  We're hovering on the edge of a full-blown depression.

Swell.

CassandraNova

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 12, 2008, 01:16:06 AM

Depression isn't a term that's meaningful, economically.  But comparisons to the Great Depression are a little premature, since (for now, at least) unemployment is still beneath 10%, and commercial banks haven't lost consumer assets due to the FDIC.

Still, times are grim, there's no denying.