The Air's Fine Once You Grow Gills (Supernatural, Apocalypse, BDSM, LGBT)

Started by Maeve, April 12, 2016, 06:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maeve

The Airs Fine Once You Grow Gills -

This might be some tricky territory, as it's only semi my idea but since none of this is for money I say lets have fun. Before I rped here I was over in SL, where one of the lands I played in was Toxian City. I've been itching to slip back into the character I created over there. Full disclaimer the origin of Toxic City is not my idea, nor are many of the characters I have outlined here. However I have changed their names and several key aspects of their character in order to streamline a story. In fact with a few exceptions I toned down the key players so that if someone is interested they can put own spin on them. The end result is a skewed reflection, with the only bits left whole being what I created in the game.

The characters listed below are only suggestions. Originals are more than welcome!

Believe it or not this town was once a nice place to live. Business was good for a while. So good the town had a fancy opera house, swell library and everything that a cultured gent could ask for. It had the air of a mythical island. In fact Vanity Fair called it the new Atlantis. Turns out that was like calling the Titanic unsinkable.

No one is sure exactly what happened. One morning started out like any other, people going about their lives and then suddenly a green cloud descended and all hell broke loose. Some people say literally. The new Atlantis was no more, though some people say they still see it from their safe shoreline, still wrapped in that thick green fog with wicked looking lightening whipping it like a fury.

It wasn't much better for those poor souls left. Many of them died in the intial...whatever it was. More soon afterwards from an unknown plague. Those that survived found themselves hunted by new residents: vampires, werewolves, and others no one can quite pin down.

Sassy didn't live here before 'the event'. Her pimp thought he killed her one night and she washed up on shore. With only the clothes on her back she picked up where she left off, only she found her clients had very specific needs besides the obvious. Like werewolves offering to pay her in chocolate for her kneecaps. Needless to say, its kinda hard to run when a wolf man is ripping apart your joints. While the hospitals there didn't take chocolate insurance, the nice cybernetic nurses would fix her up for the experience of dealing with human anatomy.

They didn't do half bad either, after three days Sassy walked out with new knees and an addiction to little purple pills. They weren't kidding about needing the experience though. When they patched her up they wired her wrong. Now she could cum just by someone sucking on her earlobe and it took her brain about ten minutes to realize that she was in pain. A handy trait as it turned out when her other clients included Nekos, whose Toms had barbs at the end of their cocks, or Vampires who liked to penetrate her twice over.

She would later learn that when one was sick or injured here, they didn't go to the hospital. They went to the magic shop and let the magic doers fix them up. They even did cosmetic surgery, like turning normal human blood into something sweeter with a higher nutritional content. While Sassy didn't really like the idea of turning herself into a juice box it did surge her sales. As a bonus, for watching her first girl on girl, the woman doing spell tossed rapid healing. It was the only perk to this place Sassy figured, she might have been in hell but at least her two packs a day wouldn't kill her.

There were still plenty of other things lining up for a go though. Which is why when Alucard, the King of the Pit Nightclub, offered to take care of her she accepted despite her spotty history with pimps. There was no denying that things got better though, she had a warm place to sleep, a safe place to work from and a job where she kept her legs shut to supplement her income. She found working a bar wasn't unlike working a John, you kept your ears open and gave them exactly what they wanted. She even had friends, the other girls who worked at the bar: Little Bits and Trouble.

Things may not have been right as rain, but they ran like clockwork until he showed up. They didn't know if he was a grand wizzard or a mad scientist, hell he could have been the one who sank the new Atlantis. Whatever he was he wanted to rule the world and told the creatures of the night that they better get down or they better lay down. To prove he was serious he unleashed a hint of his power, a plague that wrecked everyone form the most powerful vampire to the smallest human. Everyone except Sassy.

- Nekos. In Sassy's experience they either look like Japanese Lolita's or Rastafarians. They tend to be a bit shy of outsiders, seeing as they are not violent by nature, but they're definitely willing to trade drugs for sex and there's no party like a laid back Neko party.

- Mara. Mara is one of the younger, and more unpredictable members of the pack. For reasons unknown she found herself rather attached to Sassy, often insisted that she sleep the night in the den after the Alpha was done with her and making sure she ate three meals a day, since humans were so delicate.

- The Wolfpack. Rude, crude and ridiculously good looking in leather. They own and operate the local chop shop and smuggling depot.

- Alucard. No one is quite sure what Alucard is. Whatever his species he's tough enough that he keeps The Pit neutral territory and keeps the girls asses out of the fire, not matter how much trouble they get into.

- The Vampire Clan. They also have excellent parties, but they only invite themselves. If something nasty violent goes down, it's usually them. They're steady money though, as the human population ever dwindles but Sassy makes them pay extra if they want draft rather than bottle.

- Magic Doers. This lot was just a bit...odd. Some were dark and dangerous witches, some were affable alchemists, others had their minds swallowed up with the powers, which the island seemed to intensify. They weren't dangerous really, unless you crossed them.

- The Library. These guys were the closest thing that the island had left to white hats. They were mostly comprised of humans and few other truth seekers, those who found the incident fascinating and wished to either study the phenomenon or cure it.

- Little Bits and Trouble. The two other girls that work at The Pit. Sometimes they tend bar, sometimes they waitress and sometimes they dance, but they always find danger. Most of the time it either takes Sassy or Alucard to get them out of it.

- Cyborgs. The last creatures to ask for help from. With so few humans left, Cyborgs run the necessary mechanics to keep the city going. However there's a nasty rumor that they were created by the man who now holds the city ransom.

- Sassy. (Me in a GM capacity) 

That's all folks, let me know if any of this inspires. If it does, please feel free to e-mail me with a character outline.

Maeve

Maeve

Lindrea

I remember Toxian City!  I played there very briefly.  I'd love to get in on this. :)

I'm thinking one of the magi.  Maybe an apprentice to one of the ones that has lost their mind to the powers they wield.

Maeve

Wonderful! I miss it there too, but towards the end of my tenure there it had...changed. It ended up being a system game. Anyway if you wouldn't mind scribbling one of these out and maybe we can get the ball rolling.

Writer Name: Screen Name

Character Name: What should we call you?

Sexuality: What butters your parsnips?

Powers: What can you do? I would ask that everyone keep these within a limited scope. Given the dynamic of this group, we can only assume that if they had the power to take over the world, they would have by now.

Race: Are you a demon? A fae? Something in-between?

Weaknesses:  Are you allergic to iron? Have an aversion to crosses? Do you duck when someone comes at you with a magic sword?

Motivation: Why did you join up and why are you still here? Trying to stay out of hell? Plotting to take over? Just looking for a good time?

Personality: What’s your deal? Are you the crazy one? The strong silent type? Maybe you’re the one voice of sanity in an insane mob.

History: Just did a pretty thing like you end up in a place like this?

Lindrea

Writer Name: Lindrea

Character Name: Enigma

Sexuality: Tri-sexual (Male, Female, Futanari (If they exist, which.. from SL, pretty sure they do))

Powers: Enigma is an apprentice mage.  She has rudimentary elemental spells and a few enchantments.  Her powers can only affect a handful of people at a time, but at diminished effect.  Against a single person, she can be deadly, but she's honestly still l earning.

Race: Pure-blood Human

Weaknesses:  Enigma is not a fighter, she will often run from confrontation as most end up with one side dead and she'd rather not be that side.

Motivation: Enigma was dragged here by her Master.  He's lost a bit in the mental department, but he knows way more magic that she could think possible.  She's really just trying to survive at the moment and to stop her own growing insanity.

Personality: She's careful, crafty, sneaky and a liar.  She will not hesitate to stab you in the back if she thought it would gain her something.  However, that doesn't mean she isn't capable of longer, thought out plans.  She is crafty after all.  She may not stab you now, but she will.. oh yes, she will.  Also, she will damn near sleep with anything.  Within reason, of course.  She won't lay with something that by its very nature would be harmful to her, that's just silly.

Some of her Master's mental state has started to wear off on her, so at times, she can be completely sane and at others, she could be completely unstable.  She is aware of this and is seeking ways to combat it.

History:  Prior to the end times, she was Juliet Reanolds, a college student.  What she was studying doesn't matter anymore, but she ended up meeting a person.  She still has yet to know if they're male or female.  The cloak of magic hides all identifying aspects.  She spent much of her time following her Master around, learning what he knew about the ways of magic.  Then the end happened.  Enigma was studying under her Master prior to the apocolypse already and managed to survive due to his magic.  She was brought to Toxian City mostly against her will and now has to deal with her Master's insanity and the perils that lie in the city itself.

Maeve

Lots of possibilities! I love it. If you like we can start a basic scene, set the stage.

Lindrea

I like this idea.  ^.^  Do you want any particular formatting for posts?  Like character pic on the side, made smaller, location, tags and the like?

Maeve

I do. Let me whip one up when I get home from work tonight. So eexcited.

Lindrea

Maeve

Name: Sassy
Role: Right now, hungover bartender.
Time:Morning of Day 1
Tagging: Enigma
Warning: Alcoholism and drug addiction

That work?

Lindrea

Maeve

Excellent, I will start a thread. I'm also going to start a new recruitment thread, rather than just an interest check. Any suggestions for world building?

Lindrea

Hmm.. need some more rival gangs, people of influence, and powers that be in the city.  Things that the characters can go interact with. :)

Maeve

Well like Tox, I'm thinking that each of the groups has a leader and a hierarchy. I'm torn between letting that arise naturally or creating NPC's that can either be adapted by future players or killed off. Either way we are going to need roles for -

- Werewolf pack Alpha
- Mara
- Vampire Clan Leader
- Psycho Vampire looking to take over 
- Leader of the Magic Doers
- Alucard
- Little Bits & Trouble
- Various Nekos (I'm not sure whether they will have a leader, or whether they just sort of flow in and out of the story)
- Various Cyborgs, but I feel that they may end up being NPC unless someone really wants to embrace the role
-Evil Wizard

Of course the Vampires and Werewolves will be at each others throats. No one remembers why anymore, it's just the way it's always been. Both the vampires and the werewolves hunt Nekos, humans and the magic doers. The Cyborgs try to keep the city running, with mixed results. Since you're the first person joining up for alchemists camp, I thought I would ask you what sort of plot line you want to play with them.

I'm thinking there's star crossed lovers, intrigue, drunken riots, and various supernatural shenanigans.

Lindrea

Maeve

Have you given any thought to what your introductory plot should be?

Lindrea

I haven't, but I do have an idea.  Enigma's on the run from one of the gangs, trying to escape from getting kidnapped and gangbanged? >.>

Maeve

That could work, The Pit is neutral territory and the closest thing the city can provide. Sounds like the work of werewolves. I should be able to get something up tomorrow, do you want to start?

Lindrea

So, she's trying to get to the Pit to hopefully find protection.  Yeah!  Let's do this thing. ^.^

Maeve

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am interested in getting this off the ground, sorry it's taken me so long to get this going. However stay tuned for upcoming posts.

Maeve

Finally the first post is up. I'm still planning on doing a recruitment thread to give everyone a bit more back story. DO NOT feel the need to make your post as long as mine, it was mostly to set the scene. Course if you're prone to long posts, all the better.

Enjoy!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254307.0

Lindrea

Hehe, I'm presuming that the girl banging on the door is my character, yes? :)

Maeve

If you want. I left it open that it could be your character or she could be some poor soul about to get ripped apart by a werewolf for shock value. Yours could be saved by a Son of a Gunn, or hold her own against the Weres and find someplace to hide. It is up to you.

Lindrea

We shall see what I can come up with. :)  I'll probably have something up this weekend.