News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

That guide has not been updated in a while.

ofDelusions

That guide looks a bit weird, among other things it assumes you will be hitting your Gale on lane as harass non-ignisificant amount of time, which isn't happening if your opponents has boots (and pretty much every single mid should start with boots) and has some skill at dodging skillshots. And it has clarity as recommended summoner spell. Over flash.

The item section leads me to believe he mistook Janna for Anivia or something.

Anyway, I think I should talk to my friends to let me play more AP Janna mid.

Shjade

AP Janna mid is actually something that's been played in high-level tournaments now and then. It's very uncommon, but it can be done effectively.

That said, I wouldn't recommend it.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

ofDelusions

I have done it before. Its not the most optimal mid choice, but its extremely fun pushes like a maniac. Her problem is her lack of damage lategame.

Ryven

Evelynn's changes have been implemented.  I've played her once or twice, and I like her new abilities.  I'm reserving judgment until I play her more, but I can say that movement speed is really what gives her the killing power.  Without any kind of ability to close the distance between her and her target, her movement speed must be high in order to catch her enemies before they get too far, but I've found that once she's on them, it's hard to shake her off.

Shjade

Nifty, I'll have to check out the changes later then. Got stuck playing Eve in ARAM earlier this week and it was painful trying to do anything to anyone whenever I wasn't in stealth with her almost-no-range abilities for her entire kit. Having longer range on her pokes should help a bit if nothing else.

I don't suppose they did a remodel on the character's look while they were at it?
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 19, 2012, 11:57:27 AM
Nifty, I'll have to check out the changes later then. Got stuck playing Eve in ARAM earlier this week and it was painful trying to do anything to anyone whenever I wasn't in stealth with her almost-no-range abilities for her entire kit. Having longer range on her pokes should help a bit if nothing else.

I don't suppose they did a remodel on the character's look while they were at it?

Nope.  Same look, same voice, just new abilities. 

I need to learn how to jungle. :/

Samael

Xin is back to being a homing missile of destruction.
Aim, let go, and murder the hell out of everyone.
Welcome back to two years ago (I'm going to jungle the hell out of him until he's nerfed again)
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Chris Brady

What exactly is jungling, again?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 20, 2012, 01:06:16 PM
What exactly is jungling, again?

You level your champion by killing the mobs in the jungle rather than defending or pushing a lane to level.  The advantages are that you don't have to share experience and gold between yourself and another champion, you're usually left alone for the first couple of levels, and you're off the radar for a while because no one knows where you are.  After you're a sufficient level, you usually coordinate a gank on one of the enemy champions.

Chris Brady

That's what I thought, thanks.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Gavlois

As a side note however, jungling should probably not be attempted until level 20 since you do not have tier 3 runes. The only exception I find is Warwick. I made a smurf account to try and jungle Warwick at level 1, and it turned out nicely.
O/O

Ryven

Quote from: Gavlois on July 20, 2012, 02:22:07 PM
As a side note however, jungling should probably not be attempted until level 20 since you do not have tier 3 runes. The only exception I find is Warwick. I made a smurf account to try and jungle Warwick at level 1, and it turned out nicely.

Yeah, without proper runes, it can get kinda dodgy.  Armor is a good thing to have when doing it so you're not completely obliterated by the mobs.

Gavlois

Unless you're playing Mundo, then you just stack HP runes instead.
O/O

Ryven

Quote from: Gavlois on July 20, 2012, 05:30:43 PM
Unless you're playing Mundo, then you just stack HP runes instead.

I've never seen a mundo jungle.

Gavlois

Really? He's one of the top tier ones, though personally I prefer him as a laner. He can gank well thanks to his cleaver and ult, though he is only effective once he levels up to 6, or else he's too slow.
O/O

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Gavlois on July 20, 2012, 02:22:07 PM

Fiddle is the easiest to jungle with as is shaco, just have to know the spawn times with him to place 3 jitb.  You don't need to be level 20 either.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Gavlois

I've failed as Shaco each time. Do the jitb's shoot the nearest target?
O/O

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Gavlois on July 20, 2012, 07:27:47 PM
I've failed as Shaco each time. Do the jitb's shoot the nearest target?

I drop then where blue spawns three of them and a smite kill blue.  But yeah they hit the nearest but they eat the small minions with him and then tear him up.  Shaco, Udyr and Rammus I feel have the fastest clear times.

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 20, 2012, 07:25:16 PM
Fiddle is the easiest to jungle with as is shaco, just have to know the spawn times with him to place 3 jitb.  You don't need to be level 20 either.

Fiddle is an easy jungle...if he's undisturbed. He's extremely easy to counter-jungle, especially in the early levels, since he basically does no damage at all and has no escapes.
◕/◕'s

Gavlois

I see. I'll have to try fiddle and shaco again. I tried fiddle when I had no idea what jungling was, and I drained the golem but didn`t have smite. I was like, wtf how do people do this
O/O

Shjade

You don't really need smite for Fiddle's jungle, technically, if you get drain and health pots. He can just barely survive blue golem without a leash.

You want smite desperately, though (and should always have it as a jungler regardless).
◕/◕'s

Gavlois

I know that now lol. Not when I was level 5 and having fun figuring out how to kill the turret without dying in three hits xD
O/O

Shjade

Quote from: Ryven on July 20, 2012, 05:39:37 PM
I've never seen a mundo jungle.

Just for the hell of it, Moscow 5 jungling Mundo. (If it doesn't do it automatically, skip ahead to 18:55 to get to the start of the game.)

[Kings of Europe] Grand Finals CLG.EU vs Moscow 5 Game 1

Edit: I should've looked for a game where they weren't up against CLG.EU. For some reason that matchup is always so one-sided in CLG.EU's favor that it makes M5 look like they don't even know how to play. xD
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on July 20, 2012, 08:33:22 PM
You don't really need smite for Fiddle's jungle, technically, if you get drain and health pots. He can just barely survive blue golem without a leash.

You want smite desperately, though (and should always have it as a jungler regardless).

Doran ring, drain and smite is all you need.