Pokémon: Academy Life - [Interest Check]

Started by MissFire, July 25, 2016, 04:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanieSappho

Quote from: MissFire on July 28, 2016, 12:09:51 PM
@JoanieSappho: Just list one major here. I'm assuming Medicine? Also, you listed her as having three pokemon but in the 'weakness' field you listed four, so just fix that up. Other than that, it's fine! Accepted!

Yeah, PokeVet makes more sense for her. As for the other thing, should be tidied up now.

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Shadowfox

The trainer cards come from a Pokemon forum rp site called pokecharms. Not as overall adult as ell but some good rp on there and I don't think site rules have anything against more adult threads.

Marie Reynolds

Alright one major it is. So would you suggest History for an occult scholar?

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Serana

I'm going to work to get something together tomorrow. This looks like a lot of fun!

BAMF

BAMF

Name: Oliver Lee Finch
Home Region: Sinnoh
Sexuality: Gay as fuck

Student Details
Major: Scientist - Entymology

Pokemon: 
Ace (Ariodos ♂)

Ability: Swarm
Nature: Quirky

• Toxic Spikes
  • Spider Web
  • Cross Poison
  • Venoshock
  • X-Shock
  • Bounce
Count (Golbat ♂)
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Bold

• Bite
  • Confuse Ray
  • Mean Look
  • Venoshock
  • Air Slash
  • Fly
Phoebe (Venonat ♀)

Ability: Compound Eyes
Nature: Calm
  • Supersonic
  • Leech Life
  • Stun Spore
  • Psybeam
Ziggy (Venipede ♂)

Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Serious
  • Defense Curl
  • Rollout
  • Protect
  • Poison Tail

Strengths: He’s very nurturing towards his and other’s pokemon, to the point of being sure any he defeats in trainer battles are alright. He has even given trainers potions of his own to be sure their team is taken care of.

Weaknesses: Oliver is rather quiet and physically small. He doesn’t warm up easily, which can come off as being aloof, but it’s really incredible shyness and anxiety. He rarely sticks up for himself unless there’s a pokemon being hurt.

Look/Appearance: Only five-foot-four and barely 140 pounds, he’s not physically imposing in the least bit. His blond hair and brilliant blue eyes add to an air of innocence about him.

Student History
Personality: He’s rather quiet and shy and rarely speaks up for himself. If someone takes the time to get past his aloof-seeming exterior, they’ll find a gentle soul who might care too hard. Selfless and nurturing, he might seem a bit delicate, but if he’s spurred to action, he is a fierce advocate for pokemon.

Background: After he was adopted as an infant by his grandparents, Oliver grew up in Lavaridge. Living in the farming community was hard for the boy who was too small, too short, and too pretty. His friends were all prepared to inherit their fathers farms, but he had no interest in finding a pretty girl to marry or settling down or running a farm. He wasn’t entirely sure what he wanted to do really, but he knew staying in Lavaridge wasn’t in his future plans.

When he was old enough, he got a job at the Daycare Center to save for his own pokemon journey. While there, he was bit by the pokemon bug - literally! After the initial shock, he sat down with the spinarak and started learning how to interpret the bug’s communications. It turned out, he preferred bitter poffins to the sour ones they had been feeding him previously! When the trainer never came back for their pokemon, Oliver was thrilled his boss let him adopt the spider.

A few months later, his bag was packed and he had the funds to begin travelling. He began challenging the gyms, mostly keeping out of the radar as much as he could. Though he was shy, his success began spreading from gym leader to gym leader which began to wear on him when he was greeted by name. The only leader that didn’t was Burgh, who instead inspired Oliver with his love for bug-type pokemon. The two got to know each other a bit and Burgh lit up when he heard the boy express interest in owning his own gym someday and put in a good word with the PTA recruiter who was passing through Castelia.

Other
Likes: Bug-type pokemon, photography, taking care of his pokemon, secretly pop music even though everyone he grew up with liked country
Dislikes: Loud people, using punishment to train pokemon, hyper-masculinity
Ons/Offs: Ons: romance, patience, voyeurism, being bound. Offs: hyper-masculinity, roughness, pain, being in charge.

Baaaaasically done. Need to figure out the final details on his pokemon. How's it look?

Edit: Actually done now. Lemme know if I'm good or if there's any tweaking needed.[/list][/list]
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

MissFire

Approved, BAMF! C'mon, guys, let's get at least one more male in here for Oliver to at least ogle.
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

Bridgette's card! Though the trainer sprite doesn't quite match. It was the best I could do.
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

Off the ground!

Characters
OOC
IC

Everyone who was approved may post their character, join the OOC, and post! Please note that this game is still recruiting, so don't be shy!
    - Sima Yi

Silk

Back from my little holiday, but exhausted, will try and complete my sheet tomorrow morning :)

MissFire

- Sima Yi

TheRaven

TheRaven

Name: Victor Cypress
Home Region: Sevii Islands
Sexuality: Bisexual

Student Details
Major: Historian

Pokemon:
-Haunter
-Misdreavus
-Frillish

Strengths: Victor has almost limitless energy when he feels like tapping it, a quick mind, and a steady hand for sketching. With that energy, he has spent a great deal of time training physically to search ruins; this has made him a capable athlete, acrobat, contortionist, and climber. He is also fond of teaching his Pokémon moves that are "unexpected;" his Haunter's vast repertoire of moves learned from TMs is mostly what got him through several of the Kanto gyms that otherwise would have given him trouble.

Weaknesses: On the other hand, Victor is easily bored by things that don't interest him and sometimes has trouble connecting with both people and Pokémon on more than a surface level. Since getting off the trail in Kanto, he has become less concerned with actually training his Pokémon for battle, and he has dismissed his old endeavors towards the League as "an interesting diversion." In fact, when he fails at something, that's usually how he tries to cast it.

Look/Appearance: Victor is lean and of average height. He typically wears clothes that are easy to move in, keep him warm, and dry quickly. It helps to be practical when you're slipping through tight spaces, diving underwater, and generally outdoorsy activities. He stays as clean as he can, considering his usual activities, and makes that a point of pride. He has been dying his hair blue since he started his journey through Kanto.

Student History
Personality: Victor is very, very excitable... assuming he's interested in the topic at hand. Otherwise, he is languid, lazy, and generally only a little helpful. He makes acquaintances easily, if not necessarily friends. It took him almost three months to finish warming up to his traveling companion for his journey through the Kanto League. Despite his frequent apathy, when he applies himself to a task, Victor is very capable, and he is quite clever.

Background: Victor was born on Two Island in the Sevii Island archipelago, and spent a great deal of his childhood chatting with those who visited there. He met people from all over the world and became enthralled with tales of distant lands.

A student of "the strange places in the world" in his own words. This fascination began as a child when he attempted to explore Lost Cave. While he did not plumb its depths in their entirety, he did stay long enough on his first visit to catch his first Pokémon with the help of his older sister, Vanessa Cypress: a Gastly. As he grew up, he returned to the cave with some frequency, learning all the while to navigate it. During this time, he caught a Misdreavus in the cave.

At age thirteen, Victor and his sister took a trip to Seven Island and its Tanoby Ruins, where she helped him explore the place. While he definitely enjoyed the trip, he realized that he would likely need a Water-type Pokémon if he really wanted to do as much exploring as he could. However, he didn't really find himself clicking with any of the local Pokémon.

It wasn't until he went on a trip to Hoenn when he was sixteen that he found one he felt a connection with while around Pacifildog Town: a Frillish. With the help of his newfound friend, Victor explored Sea Mauville and the Sealed Chamber. While there wasn't much progress made in the Sealed Chamber, his Gastly evolved into a Haunter during the expedition. After his explorations in Hoenn, he decided to attempt a League challenge in his home region of Kanto alongside a young woman his age from Pewter City who he met while exploring Mount Moon, a journey that lasted two years and took them across the entire region and through all of its hidden places.

This wasn't an entirely successful endeavor. He dead-ended at Viridian City, unable to defeat its current leader while his companion pressed on. Which was just as well for him, since his sister, who had been recruited by the Academy before he started exploring Hoenn, had been sending him frequent mail and had apparently been prodding the scouts to take a look at his progress in Kanto. And so it was, with his prospects at a League challenge currently stalled out, he a formal invitation to attend the Academy. He accepted without an ounce of hesitation.

Other
Likes: Cooking, sketching, showing off his physical abilities, visiting his "strange places"
Dislikes: Disparaging remarks, being bored, awkward silences, not having time to make his hair look good
Ons/Offs: Victor isn't terribly experienced, but he does go wild for good kissers
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Marie Reynolds

I have just hit a case of writers block with this character so I am afraid that I will have to back out of this game. I hope everyone has fun this looks like a really cool concept though!

Silk

I know that pain marie, struggling to work out a backstory that I'm happy with x.x

MissFire

@TheRaven, looks all good except you just have to remember; students don't enroll in the Academy. They are scouted.
    - Sima Yi

TheRaven

Right! Yes. I will make the necessary adjustments.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

tyr4n02r

I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

MissFire

- Sima Yi

tyr4n02r

Post Character here first? Also let me know if pokemon have too many moves.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

MissFire

- Sima Yi

tyr4n02r

Tyr4n02r

Name: Max Cedar
Home Region: Unova
Sexuality: Primarily Hetero

Student Details
Major: Scientist/Medicine (as that's what is paying for the school,) while taking classes Ace Training

Pokemon:
“DJ” Grovyle

+X-Scissor/^Leaf Blade      +Absorb/^Giga Drain
+Frenzy Plant      +^Low Kick/^Mega Kick/^Quick Attack

“Oriel” Charizard

+Air Slash/^Seismic Toss/^Fly      +Shadow Claw/Dragon Claw/Metal Claw
+^Heat Wave/^Flamethrower/Blast Burn   +^Solar Beam

“Zephaéya” Hawlucha

+False Swipe/Cut/Rock Smash      +Flying Press/High Jump Kick
+Aerial Ace/Poison Jab      +Feather Dance/Roost

“Lynyxie” Azumarill

+Waterfall/Dive/Aqua Jet/Rollout      +Strength/Play Rough/Iron Tail
+Grass Knot      +Hydro Pump/Water Pulse

Strengths: Decent cardio, Very good at thinking on his feet. Has a ridiculous amount of knowledge in natural and synthetic medicine and treatment. Has a working relationship with both the Rangers and the Police back in Unova. Views pokemon as friends rather than tools. Due to high amounts of travel, is well versed in other cultures, and can speak semi-fluid Kalosian.

Weaknesses: Not physically strong or fast. Often overthinks situations. Has the social pressures of being the son of a pokemon professor. Not the most adept at social situations outside of Pokemon talk and research. Likes to give people chances.

Look/Appearance: 

Student History
Personality:Former field researcher for his father, Professor Cedar, he now uses his previous knowledge and skill to venture out on his own. Confident and funny. Very sly and calculating. While he is not a sore loser, he is competitive and likes to win.

Background: Max Cedar grew up in a port town along with his father, Prof Cedar, who focuses on Pokemon neurology, specifically on learning aptitude. Since he was 10, he was allowed to aid his father in research, some in the lab, some solo field work. While he was yet licensed at age 14, he was given his first pokemon, DJ the Treeko. Both a companion and protection, the two have been friends from day one. Growing up with such a father as a notable pokemon resource with whom he often travelled, He had become numb to stardom. Often cast into his father's shadow, the young Cedar made many attempts to become a separate name, doing good deeds, having a strong alliance with both the Pokemon Rangers and the Police Departments, and performing his own research. It seemed no matter how well he did on his own merit, he was either compared to his father by those who appreciated his work, or accused him of getting help from the professor by haters. His need to break away is what led him to become a trainer. While knowledge is a major part of being a trainer, it still takes one's own skill and luck to raise and battle pokemon. Max gained his trainer license at 17, not in an attempt to battle pokemon, but to have protection and companionship during the field studies and research projects that the Prof. Cedar assigned for him. He showed high aptitude for battles, breezing through the various test in the exam.
One day while returning home from field work in the water way, I picked up his letter from the mysterious PTA. Unfamiliar with the school or region, he picked up the letter and smirked to himself; this may be the opportunity to shine on his own graces. Now officially licensed, he's ready to blaze his own trail across the pokemon world.

Other
Likes: Traveling, research, winning, teaching younger trainers
Dislikes: Bullies, over-use/abuse of Pokemon, pharmaceutical companies
Ons/Offs: Ons: Strong willed people, competitive nature, flirting (even though he’s bad at it.)
Offs: “Cutesy” girls, foul attitudes, foul language.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Will pretty much be unavailable until Sat afternoon. Best Man for a wedding. Will prob check in, but not edit oil then. Still, feel free to comment and whatnot.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs