The Fortune Teller ~ open to all ~ Madame is OUT

Started by Kitsunetsuki, August 16, 2010, 01:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunetsuki

Zoya watched as the small man entered her tent. The general impression he left her with was "shifty" upon first glance. The nature of her job required that she be able to size up each client quickly and she wasn't sure this one was as harmless as he tried to portray himself to be.

Madame remains quiet as he speaks, relying on an old rule taught her by her grandmother. "Only fools run their mouths, so if you speak, make sure it's with purpose." However, she caught the comment on her candelabras and made note. Thankfully, her tent had long been protected from thievery and burglary due to a spell from a very well known sorceress. She had no reason to worry.

Smiling a cooler smile than usual at him, she waited for him to stop speaking before saying anything herself.

"Hi Bob, very nice to meet you. Yes, the weather has been lovely this time of year. I can certainly read your fortune, that's no trouble at all."

Zoya starts to toy with another one of her decks, just moving the cards around slowly with her fingertips, not actually shuffling them. Keeping her eyes on him from beneath her lashes.

"But, I'm rather curious, if you don't mind. So, you say you're a big fan of this "abracadabra thing" as you put it. How did that come to be?"
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Phix

The short man, more interested in gawking at the curiosities around than looking at Madam Zoya's cards, was clearly not expecting such questions. Startled, he blinked slowly, opened his mouth, closed it and opened again.

"Ma'a...dam, see, I'm just yer ordinary little man, trying to make ends meet. All this magic thingamajig," Bob waves his right hand in the air, casually moving the left one over the table - ever so slowly, as if consumed in thought. "it's all bit way o'er my tiny head, eh? But there's this bloke, right, a really talented kid from my ban... I mean, yeah, band, like musical one, right?" - ever so slowly, the hand moves closer to what seems to be a tiny pouch on the table. "The brewer. And he sells those mean elixirs and wands and all that, too. Gets all the wee ladies, this guy does, right?"

Bob sighs. After a short pause, he continues. "And I says, I says, "hey lad, now why don't you share some of yer shinies with poor ol' Bob?", yeah? And he says, he says, "Bob, you old cutter, shoulda go straight to Madam Zoya, she got all the fortune ye need," and I says, "why, lad, 'tis a good thing I am a fan of this abracadabra thing, right?"

The man casually looks up and realises the fortune teller is not distracted by his gestures nor by words. He shudders and removes the hand from the table, scratching his head instead.

"Yeah, hheheh. A good lad, he is. So, uh, what do those lil' buggers say, then, Madam?"

Kitsunetsuki

Ever watchful, Zoya noted how the man's hands wandered. If she had any concern with thievery, it may have come up then. But, as it was, she was becoming more and more amused by this strange little man.

"Very well, Bob. Thank you for answering my question. Let's get to that reading, shall we?"

Picking up the deck of cards, she began to quickly shuffle them, all while keeping an eye on the man before her. While she had no concern with regard to thievery, she didn't want him to attempt it, either. The consequences for him would be most dire, indeed.

She spread the deck across the table before them, carefully examining them before selecting three cards and placing them to the side. She collected the remaining cards and put them in a pile to her right and turned over the three cards, putting them between her and Bob.

Nodding slightly, Zoya almost had a little chuckle to herself before telling Bob his fortune.

"Well, Bob, this is quite interesting. The first card is the Ace of Swords. Aces are all about a beginning; it is the seed from which new growth emerges. Swords are all about thoughts and the intellect. So, I would say that you have, or will soon, hatch a new plan, or idea, or plot, to get ahead. This will be a plan that truly catapults you to the heights where you want to be. Just be careful, as you never know where you will land once back on solid ground."

"Next, we have the King of Swords. Again, Swords are thoughts and the intellect. This tells me that you are an old soul. Once who has experienced many battles, more than most for your age, at least. You are skilled at things to do with the mind. But, you may not always use your best judgment to your advantage. This is telling you that you must take your time to ensure a victory."

"Finally, we have the Eight of Wands. Wands are all about taking action. But, the eight indicates great haste. It indicates a need to move fast, whether or not that is to your advantage. Your actions are already on the wind, but do they mesh well with the plans you are making? Or have made? Be careful that your haste does not put all that planning to waste, as the saying goes."

Zoya looked into the man's eyes. At least he was finally quiet, for once.

"So, from what I see here, it would seem you will be able to hatch your ideas, but that you should weigh your actions against past experience to guarantee success. Also, that you should be careful not to act too soon. Does that ring true for you?" She placed her elbows on her table, tenting her fingers above the cards there, watchful of his reaction.
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Phix

Does that ring true for you?

It seemed as if the power of the fortune teller's voice hit some string in Bob's tiny black heart. Or at least that's how the young man felt in that moment. He stood still, a fancy candelabra clasped tightly in his hands, staring at the King of Swords with the unexplainable feeling of kinship. Not that Bob was a big fan of royalty, in the moment it just seemed... appropriate.

"I... uhm..." the young man awkwardly releases the piece of home décor he took strange liking to. "I-I be damned, madam... 'Tis be some mighty spell in those pictures o'yers. Thought I saw me old man fer awhile."

Bob carefully glances at Madame Zoya, not quite daring to meet her eyes, grimacing as he tries to find the right words. Soon he continues: "Madam, my name's no Bob, an' I chanced upon this place with no good in me mind. But yer words made me think, aye they did, an' I swear!.." "No Bob" raises his finger dramatically, "I'll take not a copper from ye house, an' who tries tae, Madam, 'e's a goner!"

The young man jumps from his chair and swings the air with imaginary swords, making loud "woosh"ing sounds and describing with passion how much of a "goner" he'd make the would-be thief. The spectacle goes for a while, until the noises from outside remind him where he is. "Bob" freezes in place.

"Ahem. But I must've taken much o'yer time, madam, an' the folks are waiting..." the man reaches in his coat and drops all the riches on the table: a copper pendant, a cheap glass earring, some old pocket watch, a couple copper coins and even one shiny silver. " 'Ere, madam, not much, but as bards say, "right from me heart"! An' if ye ever in trouble, just ask for Phix on the bazaar down th' road, an' I'll be there!"

With these words the young man takes a peek outside the tent and makes a wild gesture. Two very confused cloaked men across the street immediately leave in hurry.

Kitsunetsuki

Zoya knew that, in the end, she would have no trouble from this fellow. Usually, once someone had received a reading, they had some sort of change of heart if there previously had been ill will there. She had noted when he picked up the candelabra, but hadn't said a word about it. She knew it'd never leave her tent, either way.

As the young man made his confession, she had a hard time not giggling, and had to conceal her smile behind her hand as he got up and went slashing at the air in the tent.

"Well, feel free to pop back any time, sir. And thank you for your payment. I appreciate it greatly. I will keep your offer in mind, as well. Thank you."

She watched as he made his exit and pondered whether or not to take a break. It had been a long day, after all. "One more reading," she said softly to herself. "Just one."

(please read the first post to ensure you understand how this thread works & if you have any questions, PM me or post them here [if you're new & can't PM yet])
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

yugi006

Yugi had attended fairs like this one ever since he was a little kid. He attend them cause he enjoyed what the fairs had to offer in terms of food, shows and attractions. This was no different than any of the other fairs he had been to.

He saw a mysterious tent with a sign that said Madame Zoya and walked towards it not knowing what would be store for him. As a kid he'd always enjoyed getting his fortune told ot because he believed in them but because it was a way to kill time but he couln't help but wonder at all the coincidences the happened in his life. As he grew older he learned that the cards were indeed guiding his actions and that fortunes were nothing to be laughed at.  Upon reaching the tent he peered inside wondering if Madame Zoya would be up for a reading. Seeing a woman sitting in front of a crystal ball" he asked "is now a good time or should I come back later?"

Kitsunetsuki

Zoya had just made herself a fresh cup of tea when the young fellow poked his head into her tent and asked if it was a good time for a reading. "Yes, of course," she called out, waving him in with one hand. "Please come in and sit down, I'm just having a cup of tea."

She liked to keep a fastidious place, and after all the waving about her last client had done, she felt he had kicked up way too much dust. So, she had spent a good 30 minutes afterward just dusting everything in the tent, making it nice and clean again. She had had to rearrange a few things the fellow had picked up, but now everything seemed in order.

"Would you like a cup of tea? Or would you rather get right to your reading?" she asked of the young fellow. To be honest, he looked a bit lost to her.
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

yugi006

He smiled as she waved him in. Looks like this might be the most interesting thing he would experience here today. He walked in and took a seat. "A cup of tea sounds nice."

Taking a look around he could see how clean this place was. Not like you can get this place dirty with the few things inside this tent. Even if it did get dirty it would be easy to clean.

"Well since you are offering a couple of tea would be nice" he said with a smile to her.

Kitsunetsuki

Since she had just made a quick cup for herself, it was no trouble to make another cup for the man. Pouring the still boiling hot water over the jasmine tea ball, she waited as it unfurled and then handed him the cup. "Here you are! I hope you like jasmine tea, it's all I keep on hand, really. If you'd like some sugar, I have some cubes in that little pot over there." She pointed to a small porcelain sugar bowl that perfectly matched the cups she had on hand.

"Now, sir, please tell me what I can do for you. I can only assume you have come here to have your fortune read." She smiled warmly at him and took a sip from her cup. "Do you have a question you would like to ask, or would you rather we just see what comes up?" At this, she raised one eyebrow in curiosity, wondering what he may choose.
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

yugi006

He watched as she poured the boiling water carefully into a cup with the jasmine tea ball. Seeing the steam rising from the cup meant that the water was just boiled. He took the cup as it was handed to her and set it done gently on the table being careful not to spill any or burn his hand. "I like all kinds really and thank you for your generous offer. I think it's best to enjoy things the way they are but maybe next time I'll try it with sugar should I happen by your tent again."

"Being a fortune telling you should know that I have come for a reading." He smiled back at her and took a small sip of the tea before answering her question."Well I just want to see what the cards have in store for me. I may have questions during the readings as the cards are drawn."

Kitsunetsuki

"Well, of course, I know you came for a reading, I was more curious as to whether you wanted to ask something or see what would come up," Zoya remarked coolly. "So, since that is your aim, let's see what you get! And please hold your questions until I am done."

Shuffling her cards quickly, she seemed intent on the practice, her hands deftly separating the deck, blending them, and tenting them back together. Zoya cut the deck this time and drew 5 cards in rapid succession.

"You have two of what we call "Major Arcana" here. I generally interpret these as the fates having more of a say in your life than yourself."

"First, there is the Hierophant, sometimes called the Pope. This is saying that in the past, you may have had a tendency of being too stubborn, too fearful of change, especially in matters of theology, ethics or traditions. It is important not to fear change, as it is only with change that progress is made."

"Next, we have the Two of Pentacles. Twos are all about choices. In this case, you are juggling two things that are apparently quite opposite from each other. It is up to you to decide whether you wish to continue "juggling" the two, or whether you would really just prefer to focus on one versus the other."

"The next Major Arcana card is the Hanged Man. As you will see, he is not hanging by the neck, but rather from one foot. Therefore, he is not in dire straits, but rather, stuck in contemplation. In fact, this card tells us that there is to be a pause. A time where you will contemplate your next moves before acting on them. In fact, the contemplation process may even take longer than you expected, but movement will only take place when you are ready. And only the Universe knows when you are ready."

"Then, we have the Knight of Swords. This card is all about action! But, swords are about the intellect and mental action. Finally, you have spent enough time in contemplation and you are ready to go, Go, GO!!" Zoya laughs at this softly. "Often Knights indicate change. This may be telling you that it's time to change your thinking. That it's time to make your choice, finally, and move on it!"

"Finally, we have the Ace of Pentacles. Aces are the seeds from which all other things grow. Pentacles are about both money and family. So, this is telling me that you will have the opportunity to grow something new to you. It could be a business venture. Or, if you are settled with someone, it could even indicate a new addition to your family. In either case, you will be ready and willing to take this seed up and make it grow for you. More so, you will be happy for it. It is something you want very much, and the promise is there, so long as you tend to your seed and give it all it requires to grow."

Zoya sits back calmly, looking over her guest. "That is your reading. Do you have any further questions of me?"
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

yugi006

"I wouldn't dare interrupt during the reading" he said with a smile.

His eyes moved to the cards as Madame Zoya shuffled them quickly then cut the deck and dealt out five cards in succession. Seems like she had had lots of practice doing this.

As she started to explain each of the cards the rest of the room grew quiet with only the sound of her voice able to be heard.

Fearful of change? he heard her say. It was true that he liked to keep things the way they were. Why change something that doesn't need to be changed?

What could she be referring too, he thought to himself as she said he was juggling to things that were opposites.  He had no clue what she was referring to and would ask about that later.

The Hanged Man hanging like that was something he never saw before. Usually it was hanging from the neck so this was something different. A sigh of relief escaped from his lips as she said that he wasn't in dire straights. Contemplation sounds like something he had been doing a lot lately. Has been stressing out a lot about it. Whether or not this was something she was referring to or something else he did not know.

The Knight of Swords following The Hanged Man was something he didn't expect. Hearing her explanation he thought about it for a while and settled on something that made the most sense to him. He waited for the last card before forming the conclusions as so far the cards seem to connect with one another.

He listened to the last explanation of the cards. He had no experience with starting a business so it must have been the family thing she was talking about although he didn't really have anyone in his life yet. He started to realize something as she continued with the explanation. His eyes began to focus on hers as she finished with the explanation. As he thought about the other cards and everything that has happened so far in his life and came to only one conclusion but he had to ask to make sure.

"In fact I do. The cards you drew for me seems to be connected in some way. This change you speak of? Could you possibly know what that might refer to and is that in any ways related to the contemplation I may have for a long time. You mentioned something about a business venture or new addition to the family. II highly doubt it would be anything related to a business venture but as you can probably tell I'm currently not settle with anyone. To tell you the truth my shyness prevents me from settling down with anyone. Perhaps I should do something about that right away?"

Kitsunetsuki

Zoya smirked at the multiple questions and inhaled lightly readying herself to reply.

"Well, of course they are interconnected, this is your story, the path that you are on presently. One important thing I must remind you of, however, is that no one's path is set in stone. Even knowing of what may happen could alter that outcome."

She sat back a little, touching the tips of her fingers together like a steeple before her, she smiled as she continued. "Remember that we are dealing with situations that are outside your control, the Hierophant and the Hanged Man. The Pentacles can relate to either family or business. Or even both. Do you feel that you are often having to choose between work and your family life? This does not have to be a romantic family thing. But, merely family, where you may have more responsibilities, et cetera."

Leaning forward once more, Zoya's brow furrowed slightly. "I would not rush into anything. I think what will happen is that, when you have spent enough time in contemplation, that things will suddenly fall into place and you will be able to make whatever moves you've been think of all this time. Whatever the situation is with family or work/career will also resolve itself as a choice will be necessary, hence the "seed" I spoke of earlier."

"You will finally be able to choose between family and work, and move on from there, starting something new for yourself instead of doing whatever everyone else wants you to do."

Zoya smiled at the young fellow once more and inclined her head towards the cards, "Does that help at all, or did you have more questions?"
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

yugi006

Take another sip of his tea he listened intently to what she had to say.

He nodded as she said that no curse is set in stone. He knew that all too well. One little thing could change everything.

As she talked about business and family  he thought about what she said. Sometimes I feel like that but I wouldn't say it's often though.

If not for what she said next rushing is something he would have definitely have done. He breathed a sigh of relief when he heard that things would fall into place with time. "It makes me happy to hear that."

Hearing this has certainly made me feel better."

He smiled back at Zoya. "Oh yes that helps a lot. Thank you."

Kitsunetsuki

Zoya sat back once more and stretched slightly, stifling a yawn. It had been a very long day, but she did not want to be rude to her client.

Gathering their empty cups, she put them on a back table in the tent and quickly returned to her seat at the table.

"So, was there anything else I can do for you, sir?" Madame looked at him expectantly. "I'm glad you feel better about your situation & hope I was helpful in some way."

Zoya smiled her most charming smile, hoping the client picked up on the hint that she did expect payment for services rendered.
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

yugi006

Seeing the stretching and yawning meant it must be time for him to leave. She must have other things to tend to and he didn't want to keep her for any longer now that the reading was over.

As she gathered the empty cups he cleaned up any mess he may have made and sat back down looking at her for a moment.

"Well you've done more than enough for me today and I thank you for that. I wouldn't want to keep you here too much longer as you should probably get some rest."

Seeing her smiling was something he couldn't resist and got up and did something quite unexpected. As he got up he walked towards Madame Zoya reaching in his pockets he scrounged up a few rare coins. "This is all I have as payment for your services at the moment but the next time I shall have something more for you as you deserve much more than I am giving you right now" he said as he leaned in and hugged her thanking her for the excellent reading. With that he walked out of the tent waving goodbye and smiling at her as he told her that he would return sometime.

Kitsunetsuki

Madame Zoya was more than happy to give the fellow a hug, thanking him for his payment. "I appreciate the payment. It's not about the amount, it's about what it means to you. So long as you got something out of the reading, then I am more than pleased."

She waved goodbye to him, and closed the tent flap, hanging up the sign that she was out.

Madame Zoya is OUT
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)