Shadows Over the Twin Cities [Recruitment Thread] [VtM] [ALL WELCOME]

Started by Rebelle, October 25, 2021, 12:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retribution

Got all of my formatting fixed except the pic which I cannot manage. So that is going to have to be good enough unless someone can tell me how to fix it. I am north of 50 dam it coding is beyond me even when copying it.

Retribution

Many blessings to Rampant Desires who fixed my muddled sheet!

Wolfling72

Quote from: Valerian on October 26, 2021, 07:36:14 PM
Oh, don't worry, my character isn't going to be all that tough, either.  :)

Eh, Catrin is a fierce lil thing but she is not built for ya know...conversation and um...being nice...and you know...kowtowing.

*grins*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Pumpkin Seeds

Wolfling72

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on October 26, 2021, 08:29:42 PM
Meredith is hopefully going to be big bark with some bite.

I friggin' love how you have her set up so far...

She's gunna be fierce. (I gotta fill out the section for what Catrin owns--which isn't much outside of her place of business/residence)
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Rebelle

Hey all,

Haven't had a chance to look over sheets just yet... been getting slammed at work.

However, I did have a question for those who will be joining us in this mad romp of Kindred unlife...

Is there any interest in us having a Discord set up for this?

Wolfling72

I think for scene tracking, Discord is easiest...unless you wanna just have a thread specifically for that on site.

Personally, y'all distract me when I should be writing...*blinkity blink* But my vote is yes...for scene tracking purposes.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Pumpkin Seeds

RegretNot

Anyone else interested in court positions please let us know so we don't have to make an entire court of NPCs (that you are all going to let die in the end... we know how VtM players are, don't look at me like that.)  I see a good bunch of rising neonate and young ancilla but if anyone is interested in Keeper, a Clan Primogen, Clan Whip (First in line when primogen eats it...), or Harpy let us know. 

Wolfling72

If I weren't writing an antisocial Gangrel, I'd be down for it (as I am sure you know)...

*does not plot out a whole Malkie for use later...does NOT*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Pumpkin Seeds

Bowen

I'm interested in this. Hmm...thinking Lasombra antitribu.

Question: can we use combination disciplines?

Rebelle

So uh....

I apparently forgot to put Tremere on the allowed list.

Whoops.

That has now been corrected.

Can't believe I did that lol

Quote from: Bowen on October 27, 2021, 11:42:33 AM

Let me get back to you on this

Though, I'll be honest and say my initial reaction was no but I'll think on it some.

Bowen

Name: Caspian ValentineNature: SurvivorClan:Lasombra Antitribu
Player:BowenDemeanor: LonerGeneration:8th
Chronicle:SotTCConcept: Abyss Mystic/Horror WriterSire:Valeria Crispin

Physical       Social       Mental
Strength:   ●●○○○Charisma: ●●○○○   Perception:●●○○○
Dexterity:   ●●○○○Manipulation: ●●●●○   Intelligence:●●○○○
Stamina:   ●●○○○   Appearance: ●●●●○   Wits:●●●●○

Specialties: Manipulation (Persuasive), Appearance (Alluring), Wits (Clever)

Talents       Skills       Knowledges
Alertness:   ●○○○○Animal Ken: ○○○○○   Academics:●●●○○
Athletics:   ●●○○○Crafts: ○○○○○   Computer:○○○○○
Awareness:   ●○○○○   Drive: ○○○○○   Finance:○○○○○
Brawl:   ○○○○○   Etiquette: ●○○○○   Investigation:●●●○○
Empathy:   ●○○○○   Firearms: ○○○○○   Law:○○○○○
Expression:   ●●●●○   Larceny: ○○○○○   Medicine:○○○○○
Intimidation:   ●●○○○   Melee: ●●●●○   Occult:●●●●○
Leadership:   ●●●○○   Performance: ○○○○○   Politics:●○○○○
Streetwise:   ○○○○○   Stealth: ●○○○○   Science:○○○○○
Subterfuge:   ●●●○○   Survival: ○○○○○   Technology:●○○○○
________:   ○○○○○   _______: ○○○○○   _______:○○○○○

Specialties: Expression (Horror Writer), Melee (Escrima), Occult (Obtenebration)

Backgrounds       Disciplines       Virtues
Mentor:   ●●○○○Auspex: ●●○○○   Conscience:●●○○○
Generation:   ●●●●●Dominate: ●●●○○   Self-Control:●●●●○
Resources:   ●●●●○   Obtenebration: ●●●○○   Courage:●●●●○
Retainers:   ●●○○○   _________: ○○○○○   
_________:   ○○○○○   _________: ○○○○○   

Humanity:   ●●●●● ●○○○○Willpower: ●●●●● ●●●○○   Blood Pool:●●●●● ●●●●● ●●●●● ○○○○○

Health: 𛲣   -1 𛲣   -1 𛲣  -2 𛲣  -2 𛲣  -5 𛲣  Incapacitated 𛲣 
Experience: ???

Merits Flaws:
Acute Sense (Sight)+1Enemy (Former Pack Leader) -1
Deceptive Aura +1Old Flame (First Love) -2
Enchanting Voice +2Prey Exclusion-Scholars -1
Language-Filipino 1_______________ +/-

Extras

Derangements: None

Rituals: Working on some but none yet

Possessions:

Blood Bonds:

Deeper We Go

History/Prelude: Caspian was born in the winter of 1936 in Bala, Ontario. It’s a small place with poor people. As a dreamer he felt this stagnant existence more than most. Thin, gangly and awkward looking as a kid didn’t really help the idea that there was something more out there. He could just never go to a nice school and see any of it.

Farm work, sheep specifically was his inheritance and would be his legacy if he ever got married. You never know what life is going to throw at you though. His mom getting hit by a drunk driver changed his life. The insurance was crazy money. His dad gave him five thousand dollars and told him to leave. He looked too much like his mom.

He hitched to Toronto and got a job at Dundurn Press, a publishing house as a gopher/assistant/handyman and whatever else they could do to make his day full. It was a pay cheque and the janitor looked the other way when he found Caspian sleeping in the boiler room at night.

Caspian went to high school—that was a major learning curve. Despite the little to no sleep, he thrived and sprouted up another few inches. He even filled out a bit with all the physical labour he was doing. It was in high school where he met his first love Tiffany (not her given name). At the time, his being interested in an Asian girl would have been scandalous back in Bala. Toronto had more tolerant views.

Four years they dated, and they decided to hike around Canada and the US on the summer they graduated before heading off to university. He won over her parents, that took two years and learning Filipino to a degree where they weren’t laughing at him anymore when he spoke. Her father was a bit terrifying. He studies a fighting discipline he called Escrima that many people in the Philippines practiced.

After accepting him as the person who was going to likely marry his daughter, he took Caspian on as a pupil and passed down his art. He had no sons, and this way his family’s style would live on. To make a long story, slightly shorter. They graduated, got married, held off on kids until he got a good job and then it happened during their honeymoon in Vancouver.

They wanted to see the mountains. The Sabbat had some different stories about what to do with a bus load of travelers. The older people on the bus were drained and killed. Jasper, the leader of this pack, he took Tiffany as his own and sired her. Valeria sired Caspian. He thought he was dead as the darkness consumed him.

He wasn’t. That was just the Abyss. Valeria sired three more that night. They looked like they were army types. Their bodies survived being subjected to the Abyss—their minds not so much. Then again, they didn’t want to kill Jasper for what he did to Tiffany.

Caspian knew that attacking anyone right now would just end up bringing about his own demise. They were too powerful, moved too fast…just too…everything. For years he learned and bided his time. The Sabbat do communal bonds…sort of like vampire hippy love. Drove Caspian a little mad every time someone touched his wife.

It took him a decade to see that Tiff wasn’t his wife anymore. She was a Tremere. And a good one at that. Jasper was surprisingly the instrument of Caspian’s freedom from the Sabbat. He was beginning to fear Valeria’s growing power. Abyss mystics can be terrifying with what they can do with the darkness. So in typical Jasper fashion, he had his Ducheski revenant set fire to Valeria’s haven.

She saw it coming for months and had made her own arrangements to get out. She could have killed Caspian or thrown him into the fire. Instead, she gestured around her haven and offered him whatever he could carry out. He took the books on the Abyss of course.

He made his way to the States and eventually Los Angeles. It was supposed to be a ‘free state’ great. He kept his head low, nose clean and tried to figure out his next steps. Not having a lot of money he lived in a shit part of town. Some new Triad gang decided they ‘owned’ the neighborhood and people needed to pay them for protecting them from the other gangs.

It almost made Caspian laugh. They didn’t like his attitude and pulled out knives. He didn’t like their attitude and demonstrated what happens when you push a quiet man. He kept them alive and made them explain their threats. Upon realizing he was going to be hounded by this stupid gang he dominated them into leading him back to their clubhouse.

Caspian made an honest effort to apologize for roughing up these soldiers. This was taken as a sign of weakness. Strong people apparently don’t apologize. Ludi Ruki, gestured at the vulgar display of stacked money and other ill-gotten gains behind him. It was displayed openly because everyone here would die of fear before try and steal from him.

Caspian did try. He had the two soldiers who threatened him earlier lock all the doors in here. There were only two. The arms of the abyss came out and the triad members died, and they died. Having millions was better than not having millions. He took their ill-gotten gains and left Los Angeles. Somewhere along the way he found his two ghouls.

Sara was an editor and publisher, well before the CFO embezzled millions and the publishing house folded. Her husband, Matthew was rather successful forensic accountant until the stress of her losing her job had him crack and begin drinking. Caspian found them on a bridge. They were working up the nerve to jump. He started talking to them. Something about them reminded him about himself and Tiff. Life happened to them and they were about to die in a painful and horrible way…not fangs, but still.

He offered them a second chance. He gave them his blood, they stopped aging and now they take care of him and publish his horror novels.

Goals: Learn more about the Abyss. Kill that asshat Jasper. Free Tiffany, if that is what she wants after Jasper is dead.

Description He stands at 6' 1, 224 lbs, dark brown hair, dreamy hazel eyes. He grew out of his gangly phase and now stands a handsome man. He still sees himself as that gangly kid though. Thanks to decades of training, his movements are graceful and precise. He walks with an animal ease, rather aware of his surroundings.

Notes to ST:
Oh Secrets secrets secrets
Tiffiny:
Ghoul Sara Corvid:
Name: Sarah Corvid   Nature: Caregiver   Demeanor: Traditionalist   Clan: Ghoul
Virtues: Conscience: 3 Self Control: 4 Courage: 3
Bloodpool: 1, Willpower: 7, Humanity: 7

Physical: Str 2, Dex 2, Sta 3
Social: Cha 3, Man 2, App 2
Mental: Per 3, Int 3, Wits 3

Talents Alertness 2, Athletics 2, Empathy 2, Expression 4, Subterfuge 2

Skills Crafts 3(Cooking), Drive 1, Etiquette 3, Survival 1

Knowledges Academics 4, Computer 2, Law 1, Medicine 1

Disciplines Potence 1, Dominate 1

Backgrounds Contacts 2[Publishing, Legal], Resources 3

Merits/Flaws: Common Sense 1, Flirt 2, Sexy 2, Seizures -3, Ward [Daughter-Luna Corvid-age 9] -3, Way with Words 1

[Freebies: Willpower +4(4), Sta +1(5), Academic +1(2), Expression +1(2), Craft +3(6), Etiquette +1(2) ]
Ghoul Matthew Corvid:
Name: Matthew Corvid   Nature: Traditionalist   Demeanor: Soldier   Clan: Ghoul
Virtues: Conscience: 2 Self Control: 4 Courage: 4
Bloodpool: 1, Willpower: 7, Humanity: 7

Physical: Str 2, Dex 2, Sta 3
Social: Cha 2, Man 3, App 2
Mental: Per 3, Int 3, Wits 3      

Talents Athletics 2, Subterfuge 2

Skills Crafts 4[Home Repair], Drive 1, Melee 2, Survival 1

Knowledges Academics 3, Computer 2, Custodian 3, Finance 4[Accounting], Law 1, Occult 1, Technology 1

Disciplines Potence 1, Obtenebration 1

Backgrounds Contacts 2[Publishing, Financial, Resources 3

Merits/Flaws: Concentration 1, Domain 2(Cottage in Mille Lacs Lake) Ward [Son-Asher Corvid -age 7] (-3)

[Freebies: Willpower +3(3), Sta +1(5), Custodian 3(6), Finance +1(2), Crafts +1(2), Technology +1(2), Humanity 1]

Freebies:

Skills: 28, Disciplines 35, Willpower 4, Backgrounds 8

SilkenVenom

How the heck did I miss this!?

I want in, if still taking people.

Quote from: RegretNot on October 27, 2021, 01:01:02 AM
Anyone else interested in court positions please let us know so we don't have to make an entire court of NPCs (that you are all going to let die in the end... we know how VtM players are, don't look at me like that.)  I see a good bunch of rising neonate and young ancilla but if anyone is interested in Keeper, a Clan Primogen, Clan Whip (First in line when primogen eats it...), or Harpy let us know. 

I will totally take the Tremere Primogen (once I get the character up).

Can I get clarification on one thing? Are we simply allowed to create an Ancilla? Or how is the age system working if not?

A second question that is probably kind of a "duh" question, but are we still limited to 8th generation max, or can we go lower if we are willing to spend that many points on it?

Sorry, more questions: are we allowed to take out-of-clan disciplines? If so, can we take disciplines from clans not eligible for players?

Also, how are you wanting to handle starting Rituals?

Wolfling72

Quote from: SilkenVenom on October 27, 2021, 06:52:49 PM

Can I get clarification on one thing? Are we simply allowed to create an Ancilla? Or how is the age system working if not?

A second question that is probably kind of a "duh" question, but are we still limited to 8th generation max, or can we go lower if we are willing to spend that many points on it?

Oooh a Tremere in the house...

Also Hai Bowen!!

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Cosima

This looks fun! Tentatively planning to start on a CS for a Toreador tomorrow.
Surely not everybody was Kung Fu fighting...
Ons and Offs

Heptarch

I've been hoping to see a quality VtM/WoD game on E. This is looking good.

I'll be interested in playing a Toreador (possibly the Prim, pending some conversation with the STs about what they envision from the Court).

Rebelle

Holy shiz this has totally blown up!

Welcome EVERYONE!

Sorry been working and slogging away.  Lemme catch up

Quote from: Bowen on October 27, 2021, 11:42:33 AM

Heya  Bowen - I think for combo disciplines - that will be an IC thing

Quote from: SilkenVenom on October 27, 2021, 06:52:49 PM

Sorry, more questions: are we allowed to take out-of-clan disciplines? If so, can we take disciplines from clans not eligible for players?

Also, how are you wanting to handle starting Rituals?

Ancillae will be allowed - however, the history will need to support it and the character.   We're allowing for the age system to allow for higher powered characters to be able to be allowed from the start, but not as to bulldoze over other characters who may not take the age.  If that..makes sense.

Out of clan disciplines are allowed I will have to look up the freebie expenditure for that, however.. we won't allow disciplines from clans that are not eligible for players.  Especially as most of those other clans are.. super duper secretive with their goodies, and then clan specific disciplines definitely will need a good thorough explanation as to why they are in possession from someone out of clan.

Rituals...

Give me some time to work on that (and by work on that, I mean harass RN to help me hash it out.)

Quote from: Cosima on October 27, 2021, 08:34:52 PM
This looks fun! Tentatively planning to start on a CS for a Toreador tomorrow.

By all means, no rush in creation - the game isn't going to be shutting down CS acceptance any time soon, I can promise :)

Quote from: Heptarch on October 27, 2021, 09:46:04 PM
I've been hoping to see a quality VtM/WoD game on E. This is looking good.

I'll be interested in playing a Toreador (possibly the Prim, pending some conversation with the STs about what they envision from the Court).

MOst excellent, our PM boxes are always open.

Character sheets that have been posted and or pmed will get responses back soon, more than likely tomorrow night.

And for now the REbs needs to pass out. 

(We're also still taking feedback about discord server for the game)

RegretNot

Quote from: Rebelle on October 28, 2021, 03:16:03 AM
Holy shiz this has totally blown up!

Welcome EVERYONE!

Sorry been working and slogging away.  Lemme catch up

Heya  Bowen - I think for combo disciplines - that will be an IC thing

Ancillae will be allowed - however, the history will need to support it and the character.   We're allowing for the age system to allow for higher powered characters to be able to be allowed from the start, but not as to bulldoze over other characters who may not take the age.  If that..makes sense.

Out of clan disciplines are allowed I will have to look up the freebie expenditure for that, however.. we won't allow disciplines from clans that are not eligible for players.  Especially as most of those other clans are.. super duper secretive with their goodies, and then clan specific disciplines definitely will need a good thorough explanation as to why they are in possession from someone out of clan.

Rituals...

Give me some time to work on that (and by work on that, I mean harass RN to help me hash it out.)

By all means, no rush in creation - the game isn't going to be shutting down CS acceptance any time soon, I can promise :)

MOst excellent, our PM boxes are always open.

Character sheets that have been posted and or pmed will get responses back soon, more than likely tomorrow night.

And for now the REbs needs to pass out. 

(We're also still taking feedback about discord server for the game)

Retribution

Ah more roses for the garden but still feels strange me not having a Grel.......

Welcome aboard all.

Esoterica

I'd like to express possible interest, but I will admit I am not 100 percent sure I am going to.

Are Assamites in the Camarilla allowed? I know Sabbat affiliated and Loyalists tend to not be allowed in games, but if I did play, I would probably want an Assamite or a Tremere if they were allowed.

"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

Wolfling72

Quote from: Esoterica on October 29, 2021, 10:50:20 AM
I'd like to express possible interest, but I will admit I am not 100 percent sure I am going to.

Are Assamites in the Camarilla allowed? I know Sabbat affiliated and Loyalists tend to not be allowed in games, but if I did play, I would probably want an Assamite or a Tremere if they were allowed.

See below about clans allowed. Also would be cool if you decided to join in...you always have such brilliant characters.

Quote from: Rebelle on October 25, 2021, 01:02:45 AM
SOTC Character Creation Guide - Standard Edition

Allowed Clans:
Ventrue
Brujah
Toreador
Malkavian
Nosferatu
Gangrel
Tremere
Schismatic Assamite
Antitribu Lasombra
Caitiff

Standard Layout of character creation

Attributes: 7/5/3
Abilites: 13/9/5
Backgrounds: 5
Virtues: 7  (Conscience, Self-Control, and Courage)
Disciplines: 3
Record: Willpower and Humanity
Spend Freebies: 15
Merits and Flaws
Record characters: Nature and Demeanor (you can find a helpful list here

Bespoke of 'Age system'

Age charting for starting freebies
Age 0-5 Newly embraced or under accounting 15 freebies

Age 6-40 Neonate 45 freebies

Age 40-80 Young Ancilla 75 freebies

Age 80-200 Older Ancilla 105 freebies

For a far more detailed example and explanation please click here  This will go further into detail what each attribute and ability is, as well as disciplines and merits and flaws as well as those that are not available for in game.

With the exception of:
The Prince
The Seneschal
The Sheriff
The Regent

Positions within the Camarilla are available which are:

Primogen
Harpies
Deputies
Keeper
Whips

*snippage*