Damsel (f lf m)

Started by wolventears, March 15, 2024, 05:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolventears

So, I just watched the movie Damsel on netflix and absolutely loved it. Now, it gave me an idea for a plot I'd like to write out if anyone would be interested. You don't have to have seen the movie to want to write this with me. 

My character's kingdom is going through a terrible drought and all the crops are either dying or dead. Without crops, there is no food to feed the livestock, not is there much of anything to burn to keep them warm. 
One day, a carriage comes to the small castle, a messenger with a single folded slip of paper in his hand. When he gives it to the king, it is sealed with the royal seal, and mother and father hurriedly cut it open. 
It is an invitation to speak to the king and queen of the neighboring kingdom (details can be discussed). They'd like my character to wed the prince, thus uniting the kingdoms together. 
My character, along with her parents rush off to said kingdom where they meet the king and queen and the prince who is rather something else. 
He knows all the right things to say, is polite to a fault and my character knows something is wrong but the attention she is getting is something she has never had before, and she falls for his charms. 
Two days later, after they wed and he takes her for a ride in his carriage as newlyweds. She has no idea where they are headed but he tells her to trust him and after a while, the carriage heads up the mountain just outside of his kingdom. He takes her to a large mouthed what seems to be a cave, but the closer they get, it is just a large hollowed out area in the side of the mountain. But, the closer they get, she sees the large gaping hole that takes up one half of the area. 
She looks to him, asking him what it is and he says it's family tradition, the night of the wedding to come up to the mountain and throw a gold coin down into the cavern to appease his ancestors. He then gives her a coin and walks her to the edge and stands behind her, wrapping his arms around his waist and tells her to drop the coin. 
He lays his chin on her shoulder as she drops the coin and kisses her cheek before turning her, so her back is to the hole. He kisses her then, a sweet kiss full of promises and when he pulls back, his brow is drawn over his eyes in regret. 
"I'm sorry, love," he whispers before he pushes her, and she falls backwards. 
She fell for what felt like years, trying to grab onto anything that would stop her fall until finally she hits the ground, knocking the air from her and everything turns black. 

Centuries before...
Your character started his life in that mountain his whole life. Had hatched in the very area the human female landed. After leaving the nest as all his kind do, he traveled far and wide, meeting people, humans, fae and lyncanthropes alike. Then he met her. 
Esmerelda. She was beautiful in the most impossible way with wavy yellow hair that almost looked like spun gold and smelt like lilacs. She didn't fear him, nor did she care what he was. 
With her, he spent most of his days in human form, every so often shifting so he could flap his wings and take her for a ride. 
They ended up moving back to the kingdom at the base of the mountain he had called home so long ago when they had decided to start a family. But one night, someone saw him in dragon form and watched him shift, meeting his love who stood there in their clearing, belly extended and a smile on her face. 
He had left the following day for one reason or another (my partner's reasoning) and came back to his cottage up in flames and his woman laying out front in a pool of blood. Rushing to her body, he could easily see where the sword had run her through. 
After burying her and his unborn child, he shifted and began to lay waste to the part of the kingdom that lay outside of the king and queen's walls before seeking solace in the mountain. 
For years, the dragon ruined and destroyed, killed and tormented, his heart now black and full of hate. Until the king and a fraction of his army trespassed into his lair. 
The dragon killed all of the men, leaving one, the king, who fell to his knees and begged him what he could do to end this, to save his people and kingdom. 
The dragon spoke then, that every year, the royal family would sacrifice someone, anyone, of their family to him so they would know what it felt like to lose a loved one. (This bit can be discussed. We may be able to come up with a better idea here, but I won't it to be along this premise.)

Centuries later...
The king and queen thought they figured out a plan that would work without giving up their only son as a sacrifice and instead, decide to use his new bride as the sacrifice.
When the human lands, he's there lying in wait, but as he steps forward, he stops as the scent of lilacs fills his nose. She looks nothing like his Esmerelda, nor does she smell nothing like the royal family other than the faint scent clinging to her skin. His curiosity takes over and so not to frighten her, he shifts to his human form and quickly builds a fire, hoping the warmth would rouse her. 

So, I know this is a lot, but this is the idea I have. It can be tweaked here and there but this is along the lines I'd like to go with this story. 
I'm looking for someone to write the male weredragon as he deals with the strong-willed human female. 
Please check out my ons and offs in my signature and PM me if interested
In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

My yes please and not so much. ;)
And if you'd ever like to know why I was away for awhile