As the City Falls [EX]

Started by SuperHans, December 25, 2010, 08:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperHans

The superhero's ultimate task, their raison d'etre,  is to keep the citizens of their city safe. No cause could be greater. No value more worth fighting for. Selfless, recklessly brave individuals, the superhero thinks nothing of themself and their own safety. But what if they had to use their powers for self preservation?

Two years ago, a top secret military lab in Carter City, Idaho was compromised when a journalist broke into the facility in search of proof of bioloical weapons being developed by the government in secret. Once the story was leaked about a mysterious substance codenamed Flowerpot, terrorists raided the base and stole it. Believing it to be a lethal toxin, they immediately polluted the town's weather supply with it.

However, Flowerpot was not designed to kill. It was part of a military project to vastly improve the abilities of their standing army. The formula was unstable, and had only reacted to some test subjects. It worked the same when introduced to the city-within days, a number of citizens who were genetically suited to Flowerpot found themselves developing superpowers-all different, but all equally impressive. Heroic types took to the street to use their powers for good, whereas less virtuous individuals conspired to use thier powers for evil.

Eventually, two groups emerged. The heroes started by referring to themselves as the Alpha Team, but shortened it to Alpha. The quickly-growing numbers of evil holders of powers, capitalising on the names of their enemies, called themselves Omega. The feud between the two groups escalated quickly. They fought a series of increasingy violent pitched battles across Carter City, creatin chaos in their wake.

With their numbers growing as more people became 'infected', Omega soon performed their masterstroke. In a swift movement, They marched on city hall and destroyed the headquarters of Alpha. With little resistance, they soon took over the city, walling it off from the outside world. The army arrived to regain control, but were unwilling to cross the barricades-they knew full well the powers the villains held.

Luckily, Alpha wasn't in their headquarters when it was destroyed-they were in the city centre, stopping Omega gaining control. They failed in that task. And now, they have to escape. Terrible things happen to the heroes that get taken prisoner the enemy. They need to make it past the blockade, out of the city and to the military.

The game is afoot! I'd be looking for both heroes and villains. Involves heavy amounts of NC and bondage.
That's just, like, your opinion, man

O&O

thebobmaster

Sounds intriguing.  I'm in as a villain.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

SuperHans

Great! :) I'm hoping some people cotton on, then I'll do profiles and an OOC

O&O

Silk

I'm interested in being a member of Alpha. :)

Vincent

I`d be interested in playing someone who jumps  from side to side maybe...
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

rancorius

Ambie

I could play a hero or sorts...let me know what the plan is as interest develops

SuperHans

Great That's five interested, I'll keep it bumped until we can equalise Alphas & Omegas and then get the official OOC up!

O&O

Tsunami

i wouldnt mind playing if you all would let me
To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

nikibird

I'd love to join in if you're still looking for a few more! I'd be up for playing a hero  :P

SuperHeather

I'd be up for playing a hero!  This concept sounds awesome!

Watari

I was hoping this was still open for more players?

I would like to be one of the heroes. Although, I was wondering if perhaps, there was a chance for a female character without any powers in the RP? She got mixed in with the Alpha team by accident, and so, was captured by the Omegas--however, she has no superpowers to speak of. I think it'd be interesting to have a "normal" character amid the chaos. However, if not, I would still like to be a hero.

Elf

This sounds interesting. It's been along time since I did good superpower story. I normally play the heroic type but looks like you have a lot more interest in heros than villains. So I will offer to be a villain.

SuperHans

Ooh, lots of responses! Will draw up the OOC when I get a chance and we can get profiles sorted from there!

O&O

GloomCookie

Very interested.  I'm eager to see which way tings go, what with so many superpowers.  I take it civilians are being evacuated too?  If so, are there tests to see who might be posing as a civilian, but is in fact maybe an Alpha or Omega?  Reason I ask is if the military begins evacuation, they're not going to want superheroes running loose in the population, be it good or evil.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Kate

if u need more villians happy to join :)

Primarch

I could also take up a villain.

Vincent

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

SuperHans

QuoteVery interested.  I'm eager to see which way tings go, what with so many superpowers.  I take it civilians are being evacuated too?  If so, are there tests to see who might be posing as a civilian, but is in fact maybe an Alpha or Omega?  Reason I ask is if the military begins evacuation, they're not going to want superheroes running loose in the population, be it good or evil.

A good point! The military, unable to breach the city due to Omega, have their stockades around the perimeter. Many of the civilians have managed to escape already, as they weren't interested much in being present for the last stand.

Ideally, we want the heroes' escape to be doomed, so we can't have them infiltrating the public. I'm thinking maybe the Alphas and Omegas have been fighting so long that secret identities are pretty much irrelevant-the Omegas know their quarries by sight?

O&O

SuperHans

O&O

Primarch

Looking at your character I'm guessing we're taking a Misfits (Superhoodie for the win!)/Heroes approach to it? Power wise that is, we want people who are superhuman but not SUPERhuman.

Any ideas on limits or rather guidelines in that regard?

SuperHans

I know, I love Superhoodie :D I was meaning to bring the concept into an RP for a while.

As for approach...probably something I should have mentioned at the start but there's no specific look as far as the characters go-you can have underpants-over-leggings DC-style heroes, gritty urban heroes, or any particular hero genre you can think of.

O&O