News:

Main Menu

Elder Scrolls Online

Started by Callie Del Noire, April 01, 2014, 01:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

I play this. I have several characters including an Ebonheart Nightblade and an Aldmeri Templar.

Kuje

I'm enjoying the game but I'm really hating the research part of crafting. Six hours turned into twelve hours which turned into one day and now I'm up to two days? That's just a bit much to research some of the "enchantments" you can put on items. I'm dreading the next research I might find because I'm worried that it will tell me it'll take four days.

Ryven

Quote from: Kuje on April 27, 2014, 05:00:48 PM
I'm enjoying the game but I'm really hating the research part of crafting. Six hours turned into twelve hours which turned into one day and now I'm up to two days? That's just a bit much to research some of the "enchantments" you can put on items. I'm dreading the next research I might find because I'm worried that it will tell me it'll take four days.

There should be skills that allow you to research more than one aspect at the same time.  That should cut down on the time it takes to do research.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ryven on April 27, 2014, 05:02:34 PM
There should be skills that allow you to research more than one aspect at the same time.  That should cut down on the time it takes to do research.

Yup.. 2 shots in it gives you a 10% reduciton and 2 slots at the same time. I'm hitting a spot where I have 2 or 3 left on bows.. and just got like a TON of things for light armor.. so 5/10 hours for several of them coming.

Kuje

Quote from: Ryven on April 27, 2014, 05:02:34 PM

Yea, there are but I don't have them unlocked yet. I don't know, the researching traits it just getting to me since it's like playing Farmville or those types of games. Ah well. As I said, I like the game but researching traits is a headache.

Ryven

Quote from: Kuje on April 27, 2014, 05:09:30 PM
Yea, there are but I don't have them unlocked yet. I don't know, the researching traits it just getting to me since it's like playing Farmville or those types of games. Ah well. As I said, I like the game but researching traits is a headache.

Find some skyshards and put some points in to unlock them.  Shouldn't be a problem.

Kuje

Quote from: Ryven on April 27, 2014, 05:10:44 PM
Find some skyshards and put some points in to unlock them.  Shouldn't be a problem.

I have the points, what I don't have is the crafting levels. :) So yes, it is a problem. LOL.

AmberStarfire

Maybe you would increase them by reading books.

Kuje

Quote from: AmberStarfire on April 27, 2014, 05:15:12 PM
Maybe you would increase them by reading books.

I've read every book I've come across in the last 28 character levels, and it's only gotten me to level five blacksmithing. I guess I'm doing something wrong beyond making items, breaking them down, and researching traits....

Callie Del Noire

It also helps to decon the stuff you find. You get more skill points for that than your own stuff.

Dovel

Some of my friends started on Ebonpact, but I made an alt for Daggerfall Covenant and am enjoying the quest series there a great deal.
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

AmberStarfire

*Hisses teasingly* They are the enemy.

Aldmeri I could justify but Daggerfall...

I'm not there yet. It will take some time!

Ryven

Quote from: Kuje on April 27, 2014, 05:19:13 PM
I've read every book I've come across in the last 28 character levels, and it's only gotten me to level five blacksmithing. I guess I'm doing something wrong beyond making items, breaking them down, and researching traits....

You need to break stuff down that you haven't made, preferably made by another player.  I'm only level 21, and I've managed to get to level 11 woodworking. 

Kuje

Oh, well, that makes sense then. I'll keep a look out for other's items.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ryven on April 27, 2014, 07:43:04 PM
You need to break stuff down that you haven't made, preferably made by another player.  I'm only level 21, and I've managed to get to level 11 woodworking.

This. I'm 31-ish with a 20 in clothing and Woodworking an 18 in Smithing because of this.

Quote from: AmberStarfire on April 27, 2014, 07:34:01 PM
*Hisses teasingly* They are the enemy.

Aldmeri I could justify but Daggerfall...

I'm not there yet. It will take some time!

Come, join the Dominion.  Work for the Queen. Ride a Gau naked through a temple like my mentor Rajam did!

AmberStarfire

I did join the Dominion actually, but my character there is only like level 4.

Ryven

Im good with Ebonheart, thanks.

AmberStarfire

Yeah I mostly play my Ebonheart character. She's a Nord.

Dashenka

Grrr... You've all got me...

Probably start somewhere next month...
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AmberStarfire on April 28, 2014, 10:53:14 AM
Yeah I mostly play my Ebonheart character. She's a Nord.

So is my main, she's a Nord working for the Dominion. Nicola Windfury, Rajam's one-eyed archer of doom.

Arohk

Quote from: Dashenka on April 28, 2014, 11:06:38 AM
Grrr... You've all got me...

Probably start somewhere next month...

One of us... One of us... One of us... :D

Dashenka

Quote from: Arohk on April 28, 2014, 07:02:19 PM
One of us... One of us... One of us... :D

Haha yes.... And for all you guys I'll even start on the US server... *hides her flag in her shirt* So be nice to me :P

Sabby

Dovel

Quote from: Dashenka on April 29, 2014, 02:35:29 AM
Haha yes.... And for all you guys I'll even start on the US server... *hides her flag in her shirt* So be nice to me :P

YAY!

Perhaps we shall have the chance to adventure then.
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Dashenka

Just ordered it. Should have it tomorrow.

Already made the sign for my door...

'Khajit has no time for you.'