Post-Apocalyptic Group ala Last Man on Earth

Started by GnothiSeauton, February 19, 2016, 06:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

I might be the only one interested in this, and if I am, apologies, but figured there might be someone inspired enough to take this on, or maybe even get enough interest that someone takes it...

I just thought it would be fun and relaxing to write in a group story that wasn't all serious and focused on death and whatnot.  A bit like Zombieland and Last Man on Earth.

Wacky characters.  Crazy collections, like rifling through museums and the White House.  Everyone living together in a cul de sac type thing.  Margarita Pools.  All sorts of weird and crazy stuff.  Focused more on letting loose, having fun, and just not really having to be so serious and stuff. 
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Ebb

I think this could be a lot of fun, as long as things stay on the comic side of things. No mourning, no bodies, and only enough realism to set up fun situations.

Bookmarked.

Jarthkebil

Valerian

I actually really liked Zombieland, despite being pretty sure going in that I wouldn't find it at all funny.  And there's still a possibility of a Zombieland 2, by the way.

In other words, this does sound like an interesting idea.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Vanetias

Ebb

Quote from: Vanetias on February 24, 2016, 05:32:39 PM
So, how does this game work?

Well, at this point it's a game idea with some potential players looking for a GM to materialize. If one does, then they would get to set the specifics about how the game will work.

I like the idea a lot, but I'm not sure I've got time to GM a game unless it's pretty casual. And I know that GnothiSeauton has more than enough on her plate as it is.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Vanetias on February 24, 2016, 05:32:39 PM
So, how does this game work?

Just like Ebb said, it's just an idea, with some potential people looking for someone to run and organize it. 

Essentially, I kinda saw it as a freeform, no-system type of group in a post apocalyptic setting.  Less of a focus on serious characters, and more of a way to let loose and have some fun of the not-smut variety. 

I have no desire whatsoever to run it.  I've run two groups, and after dealing with all of the troubles and difficulties with those two, I'm retiring from GMing. 
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Sargepepper

Oh man, Zombieland is one of my favorite movies! I'd love to get in on some sort of silly post-apoc story!