SafeHaven (High Fantasy, Monster Apocalypse, Systemless) [Now Recruiting]

Started by Cynadea, April 19, 2016, 12:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

The world was a peaceful place and the people of Feldran lived in a fragile peace. The tension between races remaining below the surface. Until someone, somewhere, made a terrible mistake and opened a portal between planes. All sorts of evil things came pouring out and spread across the continent. The survivors of the brutal, bloody attacks have managed to erect a magical ward that keeps the evil beings at bay, creating a safe haven for people to live until a solution can be found to the portal and dark population problem.

• Sandbox, players come up with their own plot
  • GM'ed event participation optional
  • Systemless, no dice roll.
  • At least 2 paragraph, 3rd person, past tense
  • Is in the "extreme" board with a warning in the header
  • Only the inhabitant of SafeHaven would be played
  • SafeHaven would have all sorts of alignment within, not just "Good"
  • PVP should be minimal, and only by choice
  • Multiple races and classes available

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

WhatLiesAbove

It's a very intriguing concept!

I've played on an MMO as a character from the real world that ended up in a fantasy world. Would be interesting to see how the opposite ends up.

Cynadea

You've just made me realize how much of an oversight I've made when I wrote the pitch for the game.

This is meant to be a completely high fantasy game, no modern character/technology/world involved. The world before the portal was opened was populated by elves, dwarves, humans, halflings and so on. They lived in a fragile peace, but then someone opened the portal by accident and creatures that were never seen before came pouring in, evil and bent on claiming that new world for their own...

WhatLiesAbove

I understand now. I'm still interested, I'll be watching for now!

vatovie

Hey I have faction that fits perfectly in this world. I'll PM you. :)

Rel Mayer

I have to admit... I love monsters. I also love bloody messes and combat.

This has me super interested!

Vlexia

High-fantasy games are my lifeblood on E and I've been waiting for a good group one.

Already feeling something in the orc/half-orc race. She's evolving in my mind as I speak.

Highly interested.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Broken

Cynadea

I am currently working on the "bestiary", the list of creature types that passed through the portal. My goal is to have the game ready for character sheets this weekend. :)

ZombieMania

This makes me have butterflies all over.

Highly interested and I  must applaud your creativity!!!  ;D

Cynadea

So... it's 5am for me, it's Friday and I am hoping that this game will get off the ground completely sometime this weekend. For now, here's the link to the full setting and the character sheets!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=247987.0

If you have any question, you can put them in the OOC from here on!

Cynadea

I have a Chaotic Good half-elf and a Chaotic Evil drow ready to write whenever someone else has a character :)

vatovie

I'll make my characters some time tonight.  A half orc who is a bounty hunter crazy big on honor.  Smart enough to come up with his own orcish system of it. Involving his job and total ownership of anyone he beats in a fair fight. 

Also a half incubus Teifling who runs the thieves guild and is the high preist of Ynara. Got it from a skill in gaining money, power, and sex.  More of a talker and a tricker and a caster than a fighter. 

Both of those sound okay before I make their full sheets? :)

Cynadea

Quote from: vatovie on April 22, 2016, 10:18:23 PM
I'll make my characters some time tonight.  A half orc who is a bounty hunter crazy big on honor.  Smart enough to come up with his own orcish system of it. Involving his job and total ownership of anyone he beats in a fair fight. 

Also a half incubus Teifling who runs the thieves guild and is the high preist of Ynara. Got it from a skill in gaining money, power, and sex.  More of a talker and a tricker and a caster than a fighter. 

Both of those sound okay before I make their full sheets? :)

Both sound good :)

Chulanowa

I'm always interested in any game that allows for centaur or fae  ;D

ZombieMania

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 22, 2016, 10:49:44 PM
I'm always interested in any game that allows for centaur or fae  ;D

Right aren't they the best!

arkhos

Fantasy setting? 100 ideas hit immediately. Will definitely start looking at various options here. :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Chrystal

Aysande you have some great ideas. I am totally interested (if you're okay with having a whiny dyke in all three of your group games), and will see about getting you a character sheet.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Cynadea

The IC threads have been opened, there are 5 characters, spread through 3 players.

Anyone else currently working on a character sheet?

Chulanowa

Had a bit on my plate, but am getting around to this, yes :)

So, multiple characters are a thing?

Cynadea

they're an option. I often have many characters of different alignment/type in case one of the players in my game can't find someone to write with for whatever reason.

Chrystal

I also find multiple characters useful because if the player you are writing with as one character drops out, you still have another character to keep active with while hunting for a new partner.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

WhatLiesAbove

arkhos

Quote from: Chrystal on April 26, 2016, 03:23:35 AM
I also find multiple characters useful because if the player you are writing with as one character drops out, you still have another character to keep active with while hunting for a new partner.

What she said. :)

More characters means more options, especially if someone disappears or drops out.

I am working on a couple myself at the moment. :) Maybe more than two. Fantasy stuff is pretty much my favorite genre/setting.

If anyone has a specific plot idea in mind they want help with, feel free to pm me! :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.