Metal Gear Solid: FreeBorn. (Merc RP need GM/Players.)

Started by Lustful Bride, October 31, 2015, 11:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Quote'No matter what political, ethical, or moral reasons are given for war, the underlying reason is always economic

Even after the massive Nanite failure event that led to the biggest drop in the War Economy in world history, man, as always, could not resist the drive to kill. It took two entire weeks for the system to come back online properly. And in that time many troops took advantage of government, security force, and even some police forces being unable to fight back or even use some types of equipment. Terrorist groups and criminals with access to antiquated or laundered weapons were unstoppable, until the intervention of a group that could meet them on equal terms. Los Nacido Libre (Translated roughly as “The Freeborn”) was a Mexican mercenary group, originally made by a former Mexican Federal officer to help in the terrible fight against the Santa Muerte Drug cartel.

Eventually the Cartel was defeated and the NL mercenary group spread out, giving its influence and aid to the world with its Founder and leader, Gabriel Jimenez, always doing his best to ensure that the organization did not become that which he hated the most.

It aided all those who would not or could not pay for the nanomachine equipped mercenary groups, who profited off of the constant warfare all over the world like vultures feeding on the constant suffering and loss of life. When the day came that Nacido Libre was the only group out there that could help maintain order they found riches and prestige, overnight NL became the absolute top mercenary group for four entire days. They made more money than they even knew what to do with, and soon were opening their doors to recruitment and expanding far and wide.

Some called NL a ray of hope in this bleak world, others called it sham run by an old man who didn't want to adapt to the new world, with wannabe soldiers who weren't up to the standards of those that had the latest technology pumping in their blood. But the business world saw it as an interesting experiment. Soldiers driven by ideology and training going up against those dependent upon technology to do the rest, at the very least they enjoy how NL is still cheaper than most mercenary groups and will always stick around and not backstab you. Until the contract is up at least.

In the year since the Nanite Failure Event, A small artificial island airstrip was gifted to NL by several oil companies as thanks for saving their oil rigs and workers from pirates near Somalia. Nacido Libre quickly turned it into their main base of operations. Free from danger and allowing them a place to grow their own food, conduct research and more. It became our new home and thus was dubbed "Casa".

But it seems the actions of Nacido Libre have drawn the ire of some, if not all, other mercenary groups. For on one fateful morning, our beloved Casa casme under assault by unidentified groups. These vicious Marauders invading our island are showing no mercy to anyone, be they Combat staff, researchers, even civilians workers who just take out the trash or mop floors.

Anyone who can fight, from the chefs, to the newest of recruits is expected to do so, since no quarter is being given.
If the base falls today it will be not only the end of everyone on the island, but of Nacido Libre. Of the idea of true human soldiers. And one day perhaps that will come to pass. But not this day! Today we beat back the invaders show the world some real soldiers. And then we show these thugs that no one messes with our house.

So ive just recently gotten into Metal Gear series and while I like it and would love to run a game set in this verse, I don't think I know the world enough to fully do it justice and so id love it if someone could handle that for me. I don't want to incur the wrath of Metal Gear fans by confusing names and factions XD.  Id be more of a Co-GM among the players. And plus I work better when im in support rather than at the forefront. Drop a PM if you want the position or a post here if you just like the idea :P

It will at least be interesting to see. Soldiers equipped with mostly outdated tech, without the latest Nano inhancements and perhaps toss in some intrigue.

The Freeborn soldiers going out and end up finding old Soviet/XOF/other faction tech that helps level the playing field for them. Walker gears, Parasite tech, etc. Using the old retro technology (that was still advanced) to counter current nano technology. Especially now that NL needs to fight some unknown group that has it in for them.

It will be the last Hurrah of the old Classic model of soldier before the MG Rising timeline where its all machines and cyborgs and nanobots now.

Extra Images:

Nacido Libre Exosuit Heavy Gunner.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Nacido Libre Troopers aiding Coalition forces in the Mid East

NL troopers, under payment from Russo Federation, attacking Russian Ultranationalist Seperatists.

Ex Spetsnaz Guard Brigade officer, Lyudmila Kosov. (Now Working for NL as an agent and instructor)

Our Benefactors reminding us that we get paid so long as NL obeys UN regulations.

Technician Krukov, keeping your gear ship shape.

Enemy Infiltrators.

Enemy PMCs attacking 'Casa'

Lustful Bride

Adding in my own character sheet to show what I am basically thinking of when it comes to players :P

Name: Caroline Gryphon
Titles: The Griffon, Angel 2-3.
Hair Color: Blonde but now white with a purple dash.
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Nationality: American (USA)

Appearance (Description)

Background: Originally Caroline wanted to enlist in the US military, specifically the Air Force. But with the mandatory nano insertion it conflicted with her deep phobia of nanomachines (son). Still she wanted to take part and help restore order against all the chaos going on all over the world since the Nanite Failure Event. Since Nacido Libre had such a good reputation for helping others and was one of the few groups out there that didn't think nano tech was the second coming of Christ mixed in with Elivs Presley. Partially because she wanted to help and because most jobs now were taken by machines, Caroline signed up on a contract with NL after college, much to the shock and anger of her parents. Not that she much cared since she was now a full adult.

Since then Caroline has served two contracts with Los Nacido Libre. Since most of the things she needs are provided at Casa she sends part of her check to her family, which has helped to fix the rift between them. She has also applied for her pilots license and mastered several types of helicopters. Planes are a different story, but things seem to be looking up for Caroline Gryphon, what could go wrong?

Personality: Carol has some slight hot headed tendencies and will speak without putting much thought into her words until its already out for the world to hear. Despite this she means well and has a good heart. She does her work as much for making the world a better place as she is for the money. She would like to one day have children but after the world is safer.

Weapons of choice: P90, XM8, and Sig Sauer P226.

Special Info:

Despises the concept of Child Soldiers/Moral Code: When operating in Africa Caroline witnessed first hand young boys and girls being forced to carry weapons and kill when they should have been in school or with families. When the operation was over several of the officers of the child soldiers were captured while some of the children had sadly been killed because they refused to cease fire and put down their weapons. When the chance came Caroline seized an opportunity to get behind the kneeling prisoners, and with her sidearm she went down the line, killing everyone of the men. Execution style she killed them all with a round to the back of the head for turning 7 year olds into killers and gladly went in for punishment, but Mr. Jimenez admired her mortality and let her get off with only one week in a prison cell and one hit on the back with a whip to remind her not to ever shoot prisoners again. While he liked that one of his employees had a strong moral compass, he couldn't have such an event happening again or compromising a mission. 

-Loyalties: If she knew about them, she might actually agree with the La Li Lu Lei Lo. Just not their methods 100% of the time. But otherwise she is with Nacido Libre till the end, or till she suffers a paralyzing injury, whatever is first.

-Actually terrified of nanites: a common phobia that has appeared since nano technology has become so prevalent and what kept her from enlisting in the U.S. Air Force.

-Her hair: Someone put some kind of dye into her hair as a prank but it turned out to be permanent. Now her options are either live with it till its gone or shave her head bald for a while. She opted for the obvious choice.

Speaks Spanish: She honestly (and mistakenly) thought that was a requirement for joining Nacido Libre and spent a year learning it before signing up.

Favorite vehicle to pilot:
Boeing CH-47 Chinook

Was honestly rather hard to find a good pilot girl image I liked, so I just went with one im familiar with. You wouldn't need as many Special Info as I added, its just what you feel comfortable with putting in. :P Still keeping fingers crossed for a GM to take the reigns from me.

I am fairly well versed in the franchise, and am interested, but unfortunately I don't have the time to be a proper GM. I could serve as a sort of advisor, though. Let me know what you think.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Karma on November 17, 2015, 02:51:14 PM
I am fairly well versed in the franchise, and am interested, but unfortunately I don't have the time to be a proper GM. I could serve as a sort of advisor, though. Let me know what you think.

That would be good...when we eventually get more players :P

Lustful Bride

*B B B BUMP*

Kind of interested in doing this idea again if anyone is interested.

Lustful Bride

Lustful Bride

Added in some more Images to help with the looks and feel of things, as well as to give anyone who wants to join some ideas.

1SAZ

You had me at Metal Gear and locked me in at PMCs and Cyborgs. I'm definitely in if this gets off the ground. My inner Metal Gear player is just screaming with happiness right now.