Different colors and fonts! Help!

Started by Obsidian Isolabella, August 02, 2013, 03:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geraint

Quote from: Formless on August 06, 2013, 05:34:06 AM
And I had to highlight the Papayawhip just so I can read it. >.>

Yeah, but think about all the poor abused papayas:  whipped, pale, and hiding out on the internet  >:)

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on August 06, 2013, 11:00:24 AM
I vote for an option that automatically deletes a color choice everytime anyone has to highlight it to read the words. >:)

Awww, that would be no fun, why it would almost be like removing [you]   :o  ;)

Quote from: Oreo on August 06, 2013, 11:19:17 AM
+1

Or just remove non compatible colors from the drop down menu altogether.

That would make sense, but not be as much fun as replacing them with colors like atomic tangerine, denim, lust, or asparagus  (unfortunately all hex code colors)

Oniya

Quote from: Geraint on August 06, 2013, 02:29:26 PM
Awww, that would be no fun, why it would almost be like removing [you]

*saw what you did there.*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

mia h

That would make sense, but not be as much fun as replacing them with colors like atomic tangerine, denim, lust, or asparagus  (unfortunately all hex code colors)

hmmm asparagus
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Obsidian Isolabella

Awww, that would be no fun, why it would almost be like removing [you]   :o  ;)

That's very clever of you there, Sir..

mia h

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on August 06, 2013, 02:35:37 PM
That's very clever of you there, Sir..

Don't you mean it's very clever of [you] ?
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Beguile's Mistress

* Beguile's Mistress admits to being very clever.  It's a thankless job but I'm happy to do it.
:-)

VoluptuousVixen

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

VoluptuousVixen

Sorry I`m completely lost, Tag what?

No fun in removing loislanekent, have I done something to piss you off?

Oniya

Quote from: loislanekent on August 08, 2013, 07:07:47 PM
Sorry I`m completely lost, Tag what?

No fun in removing loislanekent, have I done something to piss you off?

There is a formatting tag, made by enclosing the word 'you' in square brackets, that inserts the username of whoever happens to be reading it at the time.  When I read Geraint's post it has 'Oniya' where you see 'loislanekent'.

(EDIT:  And this is why some people are in favor of removing the [ you ] tag.  >:( )

VoluptuousVixen

Thanks Oniya, Im getting slightly parodied lately, ive had a couple of nasty run ins with other members.
For a second I thought you guys were talking about getting rid of me.

Sorry guys.
Don't listen to the crazy comic lady. 

Geraint

Gives the crazy comic lady a hug for the misunderstanding; no harm meant. 

Quote from: loislanekent on August 08, 2013, 07:12:48 PM
Thanks Oniya, Im getting slightly parodied lately, ive had a couple of nasty run ins with other members.
For a second I thought you guys were talking about getting rid of me.

Sorry guys.
Don't listen to the crazy comic lady.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Geraint on August 08, 2013, 07:14:40 PM
Gives the crazy comic lady a hug for the misunderstanding; no harm meant.

Yeah, Geraint just likes to pick on people.  ;)

*ducks*

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Beguile's Mistress

*hums the Rubber Ducky song for kicks*

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Beguile's Mistress

steelsmiter

It was mentioned earlier of the possibility of automatically deleting colors from the list if the user had to highlight them. This would cause in me a considerable amount of anger. I would personally like to have the option to do what sjgames calls "fnording" text. Others might call it "making text invisible". I would put that function to great use.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Oniya

Spoilers are good for that.   ;D

Although I think it would be technically complicated to perform a deletion from a menu based on highlights.  For one thing, it would be impossible to tell if the user was highlighting for visibility or in preparation to copy/paste.  All it would take would be a few applicants copying the questionnaire to render the whole site invisible.

The Dark Raven

Where can I find a list of the fonts useable?  I could go into my Word and find it, but I'm looking for a nice scripty one that people might actually be able to read.  I'm a dafontaholic. >.>

Oreo

The drop down box contains the only fonts that will definitely stay the same for everyone using them. : (

Some that I like are Bickham, Brush, and Segoe.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

The Lioness

I've been having issues changing any part of my signature to any color (let alone the cooler ones). I can do it in any of my posts, but it just won't change in my siggie. Am I doing something wrong?
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

♥Posts owed: 1/1 ♥ Posts completed: 0/1 ♥ Pending: 0 ♥
♥Status: Open ♥

Formless

It can be done for me. I think you need to highlight the whole link+text to change the color , and not just the text. ( If that makes sense. )