Unrequited Love and Love Triangles theme

Started by Aragem, February 15, 2009, 10:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

I love themes that run along the lines of Unrequited Love or Love triangles to Love Octagons.  My fave theme in in books, anime, movies, and manga.

Twilight Series :  Bella X Edward X Jacob

Maison Ikkoku :  Godai X Otanishi X Mitaka

Honey and Clover :  Hagu X Takemoto X Morita  and Yaguma X Mayanama X Rika

Anita Blake :  Anita X Jean-Claude X Richard

Buffy the Vampire Slayer :  Buffy X Spike X Riley X Angel

X-Men:  Jean X Logan X Scott

Smallville :  Clark X Lana Lang X (long list of suitors)

So does anyone know of any series that incorporates unrequited love or a love triangle that I may be interested in?  Anime, books, movies, web-comics, etc.

Nadir

For love triangles, there is the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Brigg - like Anita Blake but without Anita's gods awful whining. After School Nightmare by Setona Mizushiro is one of the best mangas I've ever read. Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino isn't too bad. A Gentleman's Wager by Madelynne Ellis, set in the regency era is interesting and ends how all triangles should. The Forbidden Game series and The Vampire Diaries (both actually love squares) by LJ Smith is very Twilight-esque in the language.

For unrequited, there is Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, towards the end of The Wild Magic series by Tamora Pierce... I can't really think of any more.

Jeramiahh

I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Bliss

Veronica Mars: Veronica Mars x Logan Echols x Duncan Kane
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Mnemaxa

I'm surprised you missed Tenchi X Ayeka X Ryoko.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Aragem

Oh yeah. .  .

And Spiderman X Mary Jane X Gwen Stacy X Blackcat X Felicia X Firestar X ect

Oh, I don't consider Harem anime as a love triangle.  One guy with five girls after him.  Ugh!  I just mentioned Spiderman which is like a Harem anime.