Started by Chris Brady, October 08, 2011, 01:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wistful Dream

Quote from: Michi No Sora on March 11, 2012, 08:32:58 PM
Was totally not expecting that. O_O

Poor Red/Ruby...

Just watched it and...wow.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Also, freaking Regina, I seriously hope she hasn't...offed Kathryn/Abigail, she had rather grown on me.

Alysanthia

Quote from: Michi No Sora on March 17, 2012, 12:34:20 PM
Some lovely fanvideos for the show:

Once upon a time - Firework

Once Upon A Time || Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

Evil Queen | Cruella De Vil

Rumpelstiltskin - Remedy

Love all these.

Oh Mad Hatter... How I can't wait to watch you in action. So looking forward to this weekends episode, then we have what? One or two episodes left in the season?

Will

Well, this thread died hard.  Anybody check out the season finale?  I didn't quite see that coming.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

curiouskitty

Quote from: Will on June 10, 2012, 12:43:05 AM
Well, this thread died hard.  Anybody check out the season finale?  I didn't quite see that coming.

Yeah, I agree.  I'm a little worried about how they're going to keep the show going if one of the biggest conflicts seems to be resolved.
O/O's.
Requests
RP Status:Open

Geeklet

Im kind of glad that one of the biggest conflicts got resolved. All too often now, shows will drag on only to either not resolve anything by the time the finale airs (ie, Lost), or get canceled before they can get some resolution in.

Jag

Quote from: Geeklet on June 23, 2012, 12:55:06 AM
Im kind of glad that one of the biggest conflicts got resolved. All too often now, shows will drag on only to either not resolve anything by the time the finale airs (ie, Lost), or get canceled before they can get some resolution in.

Same here. I would have hated to see them drag the same issue out over many seasons. They resolved this issue and are now free to explore a new conflicts for the second season (which has been signed for).
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Satin

'Once upon a time' has only been on Australian TV for a short time and I'm loving the fantasy, characters and storyline so far. A nice break from the avalanche of reality TV programs all over the networks. I want to wear to work the sort of uniform Red Riding Hood wears when she's working at the cafe!!
Satin

Boxy

Well, it's no Lost, but it's a decent substitute and is its own show.  My only major complaints would be that there's too much focus on Charming and Snow White, and a lot of the other characters have just been throw aways.  It's also been a bit too cheesy for me at times.  Still, can't wait to see what they do with it.

Will

I agree that they probably focused on them a lot more than necessary.  To be fair, a LOT of shows fall into the trap of a "will they or won't they" romance, but some of them pull it off better than others.  Sadly, I don't think Once Upon a Time falls into the group.  It just gets really annoying, and I think it's mostly because the real-world Charming isn't a very likable character at all.

But their daughter is more or less the star of the show, so it makes sense that they would get more screen time and plot development than most.

- Jack Kerouac

Jag

They've already started casting for Season Two:

Jamie Chung - Mulan
Some more details about Mulan’s character. She’s described as having been trained in weaponry, tracking and riding, but “has a spirituality that enhances her tactical and strategic abilities. She has suffered past betrayals, so her trust is hard-won, but once she gives her oath of friendship her loyalty knows no boundaries.” Also, “when she falls in love, she falls hard.”

Sarah Bolger - Sleeping Beauty/Aurora
While there is no confirmation on it yet, most think that since Aurora is cast for Season Two that we have not seen the last of Maleficent, played by True Blood's Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam).

So far those are the only known new characters for season two.

Will

Well since there are two worlds, and the show frequently bounces back and forth between them, a character's death is hardly a pink slip for any of the actors.  Thankfully!  Maleficent was pretty awesome.  And I really hope we see more of the Huntsman. >.>

- Jack Kerouac

psyche78

I've read from interviews that they are "trying to move heaven and earth" to bring back Huntsman. They didn't expected the character's popularity apparently.

I'm looking forward to seeing him back!
“It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept.” - Bill Watterson

Ons and Offs
Availability and Absences UPDATED February 2013
Plot ideas

"You can't doubt so much, Psyche" - Psyche in a Dress (Francesca Lia Block)

Jag

I want him back, but I don't want a sudden return without a damn good reason.  I don't want them to ruin the severity of his death just because some fangirls got their panties in a twist about it. If I remember correctly, they picked him to be killed because he was a big character and they wanted a big reaction. Well...they got it.

psyche78

From what I've read around it seems it's the other way around. They killed him off, since he was a minor character, so the viewers would feel the weight of the curse. They thought of him as a minor character and they did not expect that he had a good following.
“It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept.” - Bill Watterson

Ons and Offs
Plot ideas

Jag

I hear the other way. I heard they used him over a minor character so that the weight of the curse would be felt. That they didn't think a lesser character would have enough of an impact. I didn't see him as a major character, but I didn't see him as a minor one either. I know Wiki isn't a creditable source, but:

QuoteProducers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz commented that Graham's death was always planned and was meant to prove how serious the curse is; they felt that killing a lesser character would not create the intended effect.

So they don't name him as major, but they knew they needed a stronger character to show the weight of the curse. Someone who was close with the main character Emma.

psyche78

Ah. Perhaps. (I don't feel like rummaging the net to track the statement. Hehe!) Either way, they got their big effect.

So as long as they bring him back with a good reason and I hope that his comeback would add another twist to the story.

Ons and Offs
Plot ideas

Will

They didn't expect him to be so popular?  Seriously?  Have they actually seen the guy, or no? :P

I'm pretty much with Michi in not wanting him to be arbitrarily resurrected.  I thought his death was executed perfectly, and I wouldn't want them to ruin that.  But I do look forward to seeing him again in flashbacks, like we have been.

- Jack Kerouac

Lady Kalypso

At the San Diego Comic Con, they revealed a teaser trailer to Once Upon a Time. By they way, I am so psyched other people are into this!!!

http://youtu.be/4RWCOrJinL8

Jag

Season premier? What did everyone think?

I enjoyed it. I thought Mulan and Sleeping Beauty were great. though Belle needs to give Rumple a good punch in the face.

Oreo

I really enjoyed it too. I think the plot got a good shot in the arm. *nodnods*

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Jag

First full photo of Captain Hook:

*stares for a moment then flails*

Ashleebabe

I love the primere and cannot wait until Sunday. I finally caught up in all of my Once Upon a Time

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Jag

So, who does everyone think Dr. Whale is? I've heard that his episode is going to be the fifth in the season and it's called "Once Upon A Tail'. I've heard several theories:

Monstro (The Whale from Pinocchio)
Peter Pan
Eric (the prince from Little Mermaid)
Dr. Frankenstein
Hercules
Jack Skellington (due to his mention that Charming is not his prince)

Personally, I'm leaning towards Monstro or Peter Pan. They've already stated that they are pushing the appearances of Aladdin and Ariel till later in the season (possibly not even till season three), so I don't see a reason for Eric so early on if they are not going to have Ariel. As for Frankenstein, Hercules, and Jack...those just don't seem fitting for the story to me.

What do you all think?

Oreo

I'd be inclined to think Monstro too since we already have Jiminy Cricket. ;D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Trieste

Quote from: Michi No Sora on October 03, 2012, 02:55:43 PM
First full photo of Captain Hook:

*stares for a moment then flails*

Wait, isn't that Phillip?

I have a difficult time with many of the male characters; quite a few of them look very similar to one another to me. I don't know what makes them all blend together like that but I find it frustrating (and it's not only OUaT that it happens with).

I still love Mr. Gold. The acting remains amazing in this series - I think it's some of the best acting I've seen on television. I love this series SO MUCH.