M seeking F

Started by backlash84, October 26, 2020, 11:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backlash84

I like to keep this short and sweet, since I know you're going to be looking through a ton of these request threads looking for "the one". So here's what you need to know.

I reply pretty frequently (at least once a day on average unless otherwise occupied), and am looking for someone who can do about the same. If that means once every 24 hours, or twice every other day, whatever. As long as we are making steady progress, I can stay engaged in the story.

Please take a moment to look at my on/offs, the link to which is in my signature. The top part is all you really need to worry about, the rest is for my own sake to keep track of ideas I’ve had that I might want to pursue at some point.

Note: All characters appearing in any request thread are 18+.

backlash84

Medieval Fantasy

Creator/Warrior

The majority of life on earth is independent, technically speaking. However I thought it might be interesting to play around with the idea of a mutualistic relationship between races. Like how the bee and the flower both need one another to survive, or how some birds feed on the parasites that grow on larger animals, with the larger animal in turn offering protection, and free food.

Your race has long been one of sophistication in unsophisticated times, far more interested in the arts and beauty than in warfare... this made them easy prey in the past to larger, stronger creatures... that is until a bond formed between your peoples, and another... a warrior tribe that knew nothing of art or craftsmenship, but lived a harsh life of battle and warfare... that is until they met your people. The warrior race was confused by your ways, as your people downright refused to fight for territory, not even possessing weapons with which to do battle... they did however wear nice clothing, cooked their food over a fire with herbs and spices gathered from the land, and crafted statues out of wood and clay. For the first time, the warriors did not want to destroy, for the first time, they had something they wanted to protect.

Over a thousand years later, a bond has formed between the peaceful creators and the warrior race, one built on trust, and respect for one another. The warriors, being much larger and stronger, protect the creators from the savage creatures of the wilds, and the threat of war from other nations. The creators spend their time creating beautiful works of art, from buildings to statues, paintings, food... everything they do, they do with beauty, and have an almost obsessive nature to them that makes them strive to perfect their preferred form of art. They also take great pride in their homes, and in caring for the warrior people who protect them. The creators see the warriors as brave and strong, almost godlike beings to be worshiped and cared for. The warriors likewise see the creators as gods in their own right, beings of pure peace and beauty, that need to be protected from the outside world.

A system was put in place, where in creators and warriors would be paired together. The warrior would pledge his life to the creator, protecting them and doing the manual labour that although possible, is much more difficult for the creator to accomplish. In kind, the creator vows to always care for the warrior, seeing that their needs are taken care of, and that they do not want for anything.

Fandom

Hermione/Slytherin Student (Harry Potter)

This is set in a world where both Voldemort and Harry Potter died when Voldemorts death curse backfired, leaving the death eaters with a power void that needed filled, and Hermione without a friend. In this world a pure blood movement has started, in the beginning of our story it would start off mild, people being more bigoted in public, then a few bigoted teachers being hired... eventually leading to all our labour/death camps.

Your character being a mud blood, would be greatly effected by these changes. Not having met Harry means that she may have never met Ron, maybe she never made any friends... or maybe she made a new group of friends? How things change for her is up to you. The only important thing I'd like to keep is her being in Gryffindor, as it adds a "forbidden" element.

My character is a young potions genius, off the charts smart when it comes to mixing and inventing new potions... however is rather lacking in most other forms of magic. He is from a rich, pure blood family, and can be a bit arrogant, not really seeing the point in someone like him studying other forms of magic if he already knows he is going to devote his life to potion making. That said, he had been informed that if he does not improve his grades, he will not graduate, which will keep him from achieving some of his professional ambitions. So, he assigned a tutor... I think you can see where this is going.

My character will not be part of the pure blood movement, and actually defend her when she is confronted about it by bullies. They'll grow closer as things become more desperate, eventually leading to them fighting against the government to stop the discrimination against mixed blood witches and wizards.

So close, but yet so far. (Mass Effect)

I'd like to play around with the idea of my character (Human, Turian, Drell, I'm flexible) falling in love with a Quarian, and them having to work around the suit in order to make their relationship work. Exactly how difficult these work arounds are we can discuss. I'm not wanting to have it be an easy fix however, and I think it will be an interesting way to force us to be creative when it comes to the more physical aspects of their relationship. This will also cause some emotional strain as well, and plenty of fun drama.

As for what drives them together in the first place, maybe my character runs a less than legal salvage ship and needs someone who's good with tech? Or maybe your character gets in over her head and hires my character to protect her and get her back to her fleet? Open to suggestions. :)

Made for you. (Mass Effect again)

I think it would be interesting to play out the relationship between a Quarian, and a member of the Geth assigned to her. This would be after the war between the two has ended and the Geth have started to help the Quarians reinhabit their old world. The flexible part of this is your character enjoys robotics, and designs a new body for her Geth companion. This will give you plenty of say in how my character actually looks and what they can do, but I think that will be part of the fun. :)

Crazy On You (DC Comics)
Harley Quinn, the notorious sidekick of the joker, has been a solo act for a while now. After being released from Arkham Asylum with a clean bill of health (who knew a little acting could go such a long way?), she's decided to leave the villain stuff behind her, to start a new life!

But some things are easier said than done. Having her medical license revoked means she has no marketable skills, causing her to work at a dead end job just to get by... That is until, the invasion. Over the past few decades, an advanced race of aliens have been watching Earth, planning a takeover, and finally, they decided to strike. They captured everyone, good guy and villain alike with any sort of super powers, freezing them in suspended animation aboard a mother ship. Believing everyone who could be a threat to them is removed, they proceed to invade, intent on enslaving humanity...

Nightwing however doesn't intend to just sit back and let aliens take over the world. He's recruiting every non-super hero and villain alike to his cause, to form a resistance! And although he's less than thrilled about the prospect, that means recruiting Harley Quinn.

Raven (Teen Titans)

As the title would suggest, I'm interested in playing opposite Raven from the Teen Titans animated series (the original, not Go!). I always liked the character, and think that they would adapt well to a more mature setting. I could play another member of the team, or a visiting hero, or even an OC. I'm pretty flexible with this. Raven's just a character I never tire of playing against, so if you are interested in this, just let me know and we can hammer out the details together. :)

backlash84

Update: Removed a few, added GM/Player, Creator/Warrior, and Raven.