Chinese translator.

Started by Saerrael, July 08, 2011, 10:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

I know better than to use translators, but there is specific Chinese artist I just had to send something.
However, I can not help wonder if I did not made a fool out of myself. Anyone who is able to aid me, please look over the following? Thank you.

QuoteI used a translator for this, so if it looks odd, I'm sorry.

I love you work. Keep it up!

我用了一个翻译,因此,如果它看起来很奇怪,我很抱歉。

我爱你的工作。继续努力吧!

Caeli

My written Chinese is not nearly as fluent as my speaking, and my dialect uses different slang sometimes, but this would have been a little more clear:
我用了一个翻译网站來寫這幾句話。如果我寫錯了什麼,我很抱歉。
我真的很喜歡你的画。加油吧!

What you sent (past tense?) was understandable, but some of the phrasing and terminology was off.

我用了一个翻译网站來寫這幾句話。如果我寫錯了什麼,我很抱歉。
I used a translation website to write these words. If I have written something wrong, I'm very sorry [about that].

What you wrote previously was only "I used a translate;" a noun like "website" (in red) so that it reads "translating website" is needed to modify the verb. The blue is "to write these sentences," which clarifies the use of the translator. You don't actually need to write "so" (所以), because it's somewhat implied. You wouldn't really use the phrasing "it looks odd" in this way, so it would have been clearer to specifically say, "If I wrote something wrong, I'm very sorry [about that]."

真的很喜歡你的加油吧!
I really like your art (lit. paintings). Keep up the good work!

It's also less common to use the word 愛 for anything but close family and maybe pets; more common is the phrasing for "like (very much/a lot)." 工作 is actually typically used for work as in workplace, and not so much art, so I would have replaced that with the character for painting, 画. The second phrase did translate as "continue [to] work hard," but colloquially, the slang 加油 ("add oil") means much the same thing and is pretty universally used as a way to encourage someone to keep up the good work, much like the Japanese phrase がんばって (ganbatte).
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Machete

I only use online translators, usually Promt, when I need to know something for immediate use.  When I'm translating Japanese, for example, I'll use free dict before posting it in the translation topic on Japan Reference (JRef) because I can't read the the characters and so the people there know where I get my translations.  By the way, JRef has a Chinese language forum as well, which isn't nearly as active as the Japanese portion of the site.  Thus, you could always use that, if you can wait on what you need to know.  However, this seems to be a good place to get translations as well.  Therefore, I suggest opening this topic to every language so we don't end up with several different topics.  I'm aware that WordRefefence can be used for several languages, including, by the way, Chinese, but it's nice to have somewhere to check which translation of a particular word to use in a particular situation, which was the idea behind Translation Center.

Caeli

It's really not a problem for there to be more than one translation thread up, actually. Better, I'd say, because the title can reflect the specific language needed.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Saerrael

Thank you, Caeli. I'm already quite happy it was understandable, to be honest *grins*